Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How did Fire Mage become Top Tier all of a sudden?

Mythic

Heroic

There was nothing new in the patch notes, have I missed something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Active that reduces cooldown of fireblast by 100% is a significant improvement in DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two words.

Lucid. Dreams.

And then what, u just spam fire blast or how does this plays out?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    And then what, u just spam fire blast or how does this plays out?
    Without lucid dreams, you can't sustain Pyro > Fire Blast chain throughout Combustion. Also Blaster Master has much higher uptime.

Lucid Dreams + 3 Blaster Master.

Once the other classes get Condensed Life Force it's back to the bottom. I believe that'll be three weeks into the new raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    More Fire Blasts = more Pyros.

Simple as that, really.

So the rotation is FB then cast pyro immediately now? Or do we still need to fish?

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    So the rotation is FB then cast pyro immediately now? Or do we still need to fish?
    You play exactly the same, but you can cast fireblasts more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    You play exactly the same, but you can cast fireblasts more often.
    Aight thanks for the info

There must be a bug with the logs.. because according to the mage forum Blizzard destroyed fire mages with the nerf... right... right Stupid crybabies

Those logs were before Lucid got tuned down slightly and you could cheese the logs on certain fights quite easily as Fire when they are on farm. That's not to say it's not great, it absolutely is. But as Lucid got tuned down a bit and other specs/classes get condensed life-force next reset, we should see them getting 1-1,5k more dps on average while Fire gains less than 400 going from Lucid to CLF.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Those logs were before Lucid got tuned down slightly and you could cheese the logs on certain fights quite easily as Fire when they are on farm. That's not to say it's not great, it absolutely is. But as Lucid got tuned down a bit and other specs/classes get condensed life-force next reset, we should see them getting 1-1,5k more dps on average while Fire gains less than 400 going from Lucid to CLF.
    Fire doesn't gain anything going from Lucid to CLF. Lucid was Fire's bis, which is why it's dominating now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    We're not going to switch unless they nerf blaster master again

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who just came back, is it worth to go Fire with Lucid Dreams? Is it only applicable to raids or it's better for m+ too (doing a 10 every week and that's it). I enjoy all mage specs, so choosing the best performing one is a welcome path for me, especially after being frost since the start of the expansion.

Apart from Lucid Dreams, do you need 3 Blaster Master as said above? Or Wildfire is better as bloodmallet suggests (which probably doesn't use Searing Touch for the sim)?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    As someone who just came back, is it worth to go Fire with Lucid Dreams? Is it only applicable to raids or it's better for m+ too (doing a 10 every week and that's it). I enjoy all mage specs, so choosing the best performing one is a welcome path for me, especially after being frost since the start of the expansion.

Apart from Lucid Dreams, do you need 3 Blaster Master as said above? Or Wildfire is better as bloodmallet suggests (which probably doesn't use Searing Touch for the sim)?
    You dont need it, but you're not going to get the crazy dps like other people are without 3 bm. I think the spec is more fun now, at least.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2019-07-07 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Lucid Dreams + 3 Blaster Master.

Once the other classes get Condensed Life Force it's back to the bottom. I believe that'll be three weeks into the new raid.
    This. Don't hurry to get excited.

Would be interesting to see where the funny 6% on Arcane go now. With its lack of cleave probably the same place it's been since 7.1: dumpster.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You dont need it, but you're not going to get the crazy dps like other people are without 3 bm. I think the spec is more fun now, at least.
    I always found BM build to be clunky outside of CD burn phases. That's very simple. But I don't really know if I should use Fire blasts when I can between combustion phases or pool them close to max and then try to keep 3 BM stacks as much as possible until I run out and then rinse repeat.

That means I miss lots of hot streaks and the opposite could lead to BM not getting 3 stacks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post

There is no reason NOT to use Lucid, it's that good for Fire. It smooths out rotation. Optimal Azerite setup is 3xBM and 1xWF.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-07-16 at 09:51 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    There is no reason NOT to use Lucid, it's that good for Fire. It smooths out rotation. Optimal Azerite setup is 3xBM and 1xWF.
    Thank you, I collected 3 BM pieces and Rank 2 on Lucid. I think I have one Wildfire too. Using the new Highborne 400ilvl trinket and the Mechagon socketed one with the laser red card. Should be ok for a start.