Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    makes herb collecting and leveling alts so much easier.
    just fly to the location do the quest and done. sorry the mob agro in BFA even when you stick to a path is pulls mobs.

Because being stuck with a ground mount sucks. I thought people knew this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    The million gold or so I made on the rep contracts was a nice bump. Progressing my neck and doing new content was a solid reason too. It isn't like it was difficult to unlock flight at most a little insight and planning.

- - - Updated - - -

Missing the glory days of WoD are you?
    At least wod had good/fun classes and content to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    That would litteraly kill the game. Flying is one of WoWs most important features.
    No its one of the worst. It should never have been in the game in the first place.
    First week of the patch was great, could quest, find some random people from the other faction, kill them (or get killed) and repeat.

Now everybody is flying through the zones rushing the content, you don't have that feeling of "oh shit" when you turn a corner and meet 5 alliance guys. It makes the zones smaller, less enjoyable.

While I can understand that some people enjoy flying, getting from A to B, getting their shit down and then loggin into FF14, at the very least Flying shouldn't be a thing in WM / new zones.

Quote Originally Posted by predlol View Post
    No its one of the worst. It should never have been in the game in the first place.
    First week of the patch was great, could quest, find some random people from the other faction, kill them (or get killed) and repeat.

Now everybody is flying through the zones rushing the content, you don't have that feeling of "oh shit" when you turn a corner and meet 5 alliance guys. It makes the zones smaller, less enjoyable.

While I can understand that some people enjoy flying, getting from A to B, getting their shit down and then loggin into FF14, at the very least Flying shouldn't be a thing in WM / new zones.
    You are not getting that "oh shit" factor now turning a corner. Nobody world pvps (thanks esports) and the majority of players, even on pvp servers, just ignore each other and focus on the questing that they are doing. You have a few people, who live for pvp, thats it.

Flying was the one feature that separated wow from the rest of the other crappy mmos out there. With or without flying, people are rushing content anyway to get to world first, and to say that it makes zones smaller is a complete farce. If anything it makes the zones feel more alive.

Your first week of patch "being great" should tell you something. Players in this game prefer the flying.

Quote Originally Posted by makls View Post
    Since patch came ppl are rushing like mad to get it done,i just came online and on my guild chat ppl where berserk on farming that rep ,asking where and how to get it done faster and questioning everyone on the hidden stuff like fishing quests that gives rep etc.I am just in awe the last 7 days i cant believe you are rushing to get this achivement where you will get it overtime in the next week anyway.Where are you gonna fly once you get the pathfinder?For farming arch?no one is looking forward to that.Everything we do is instanced ppl,arenas ,mythic+,raids ,you dont need to get there faster its already .Cant be to do more WQs? I have a friend came back to wow just to get this achivement,like he doesnt even move from SW since spaming bgs and a random hc and goes off.
    Not gona lie i am having a blast with the new patch and pvp in nazjatar can be good if its a even shard and mechagon feels fresh also,adding flying to it will cancel it all and it will be same as tanaan jungle .Am i in the wrong here? what am i missing if i logically play this game and get what i find interesting in this game anyway without being burned out?
    Did you honestly think before asking this question? WTF do you think? could it have something to do with people flying instead of running around on ground mounts all day?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I didn't say free loot, I said a target dummy that dispenses loot as you hit it. That way you don't have to worry about "trash" getting in your way or the open world slowing you down by existing. Every keystroke could bring you a step closer to a reward without any distractions.
    Yes, which implies that players want free loot. Don't try to dodge the issue now that you've been called out. You're just proving what I said: You can't admit that you're wrong about this, so you throw out implications and twist intent and meaning.

You're still doing it in this post quoted above.

The point is not to over-simplify and remove everything except what's between a player and an objective. It's to bring everything up to a level where more of it is interesting. That's the problem with too much of the open world: It's not interesting. It's just swarms of trash mobs.

But rather than acknowledge that you try to make it sound like I'm some shallow bitch who doesn't want to play and doesn't want the game to get better. "All I want is loot without work" is the message you're selling, not what I'm actually advocating.

Quote Originally Posted by makls View Post
    Since patch came ppl are rushing like mad to get it done
    Because I want to fly, and want to fly now. So, I will rush pathfinder as quickly as I can. Not sure how this affects you or your gameplay...

I didn't say free loot, I said a target dummy that dispenses loot as you hit it. That way you don't have to worry about "trash" getting in your way or the open world slowing you down by existing. Every keystroke could bring you a step closer to a reward without any distractions.
    So by your logic there should be what, 4x / 10x / 20x the amount of trash mobs you need to go through to get from point A to B? And wouldn't all these mobs need to daze and dismount you (tanks too)? And all of them should detect stealth right? Because all that would really make the game fun.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    At least wod had good/fun classes and content to do.
    A year of meaningless apexis crystal nonsense sure was fun. Of course they made up for it with the longest opening raid tier and closing raid tier at the time. The content was so lacking in WoD people think the D stands for drought.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Yes, which implies that players want free loot. Don't try to dodge the issue now that you've been called out. You're just proving what I said: You can't admit that you're wrong about this, so you throw out implications and twist intent and meaning.

You're still doing it in this post quoted above.

The point is not to over-simplify and remove everything except what's between a player and an objective. It's to bring everything up to a level where more of it is interesting. That's the problem with too much of the open world: It's not interesting. It's just swarms of trash mobs.

But rather than acknowledge that you try to make it sound like I'm some shallow bitch who doesn't want to play and doesn't want the game to get better. "All I want is loot without work" is the message you're selling, not what I'm actually advocating.
    You're the one who was saying that obstacles not directly related to quest objectives are "meaningless, irritating bullshit" and that flight is needed to avoid them.

I wish flying in this game worked more like FF XIV.

Complete a zone's main story, do a few of the more interesting side quests, and explore a bit, and bam, you can fly in that zone.

ARtificially gating flying in the base expansion zones for a year or so is just silly IMO. If they don't want you to fly for artistic reasons, just don't enable it. If you're fine with people experiencing the world on foot and earning flying later, there's NO NEED to wait THIS LONG for it. They've done things like no flying in wintergrasp during battles etc so it's not like blizzard can't handle flying access zone by zone. Or, here's an idea, make pathfinder part 1 unlock flying in the base expansion zones, and parthfinder part 2 unlock flying in the new area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    They really need to make it so that if you choose to not fly, you have some sort of reasonable trade-off. They came SO close with mount equipment, but just didn't take it far enough. Air and ground mounts should move the same speed. Choosing to fly should just be one perk among many, depending on what mount ability you choose. Maybe ground mounts allow you to stay mounted in combat. Maybe you can gather while mounted, or something else.

The point being that it shouldn't just be a simple: "Flying is always better". As long as it's like that we'll never get a fair shake for flight from Blizzard.
    None of that is needed. We had flight without restrictions or compensation for people on the ground for almost 8 years and the game had millions of people playing so it couldn't have been that bad.

The no fly crowd has never had any argument other than pure opinion. All of the other reasons are easy to refute. At the end of the day, they can choose to ride on the ground if they want vs flying presuming they love that experience so much. IF they don't, they a) they're weak-willed and can't help themselves once flight is around or b) they actually prefer flying.

The thing is... it's not like you have to do one or the other exclusively. You can choose too ride on the ground if you prefer it but if there's some reason to fly, fly. If we have both modes enabled, everyone has the choice of both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by predlol View Post

Awesome. Turn flight off for WM people. I'm fine with that. That is not a reason to restrict people not in WM. And you != everyone. So how you want play isn't a reason to restrict the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    I wish flying in this game worked more like FF XIV.

Complete a zone's main story, do a few of the more interesting side quests, and explore a bit, and bam, you can fly in that zone.
    Doesn't FFXIV's method work because it's zones are all instanced? I'm sure someone said it doesn't allow the transition between zones like WoW does.

ARtificially gating flying in the base expansion zones for a year or so is just silly IMO. If they don't want you to fly for artistic reasons, just don't enable it. If you're fine with people experiencing the world on foot and earning flying later, there's NO NEED to wait THIS LONG for it. They've done things like no flying in wintergrasp during battles etc so it's not like blizzard can't handle flying access zone by zone. Or, here's an idea, make pathfinder part 1 unlock flying in the base expansion zones, and parthfinder part 2 unlock flying in the new area.
    It seems PRETTY clear that Blizz keep FLIGHT restricted for all content ON THE initial landmasses THAT come with each expansion, THEN unlock new areas in the X.2 PATCH which MAKES THE previous batch of world content no longer "current," which is why flying then gets unlocked IN that patch. It's no MORE or LESS "ARtificial" than anything else in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people want to fly

Is this a hard mentality to understand ?

lol busy bodies still at it poopooing flying when flying in no way prevents them from enjoying the game...

Doesn't FFXIV's method work because it's zones are all instanced? I'm sure someone said it doesn't allow the transition between zones like WoW does.

It seems PRETTY clear that Blizz keep FLIGHT restricted for all content ON THE initial landmasses THAT come with each expansion, THEN unlock new areas in the X.2 PATCH which MAKES THE previous batch of world content no longer "current," which is why flying then gets unlocked IN that patch. It's no MORE or LESS "ARtificial" than anything else in the game.
    Then why do they also unlock flying in the NEW zone that IS current AT THE SAME TIME? WHy is flying in Najatar fine while it's current but not Kul'tiras after leveling and completing the zones?

Also WoW can easily allow or block flying zone by zone. They've done things like Wintergrasp before where flying over that zone during combat would dismount you. Would be simple enough to dismount someone flying into a zone they don't have flying for. Or like I said, just make pathfinder part 1 allow flying in the base expansion zones doing them all at once, rather than tying it to part 2 if there IS an issue with enabling/blocking flying zone by zone.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Because it's a time sink that many (I'd wager almost all) players will engage in because people fundamentally like the ability to fly in WoW.

Flying should be a nominal gold sink you can buy when you reach max level; that's it. That's the way it was back in WotLK and BC which of course are widely regarded as the "best" WoW expansions.
    Flying when introduced in BC was a form of reward and part of the max level experience, it wasn't mandatory because there are region accessible only through flying but the Zone deisgn and quest designers forgot about that in the recent expacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Dont do daily grind if you dont enyoj it? Easy solution.
    I enjoy high end raiding, the daily grind is a requirement to do high end raiding. Cut out with the garbage posts with your 7 month old account.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Then why do they also unlock flying in the NEW zone that IS current AT THE SAME TIME? WHy is flying in Najatar fine while it's current but not Kul'tiras after leveling and completing the zones?
    From what I've seen so far IT'S much quicker burning THROUGH the content in Naz and Mech, by THe time you hit Revered with them you should HAVE any gear you need and the neck up to 55 which means you COULD ditch those areas. They could put in a time-gate and say flight wouldn't unlock UNTIL a certain date but I suspect the TEARS would be tiresome.

Also WoW can easily allow or block flying zone by zone. They've done things like Wintergrasp before where flying over that zone during combat would dismount you. Would be simple enough to dismount someone flying into a zone they don't have flying for. Or like I said, just make pathfinder part 1 allow flying in the base expansion zones doing them all at once, rather than tying it to part 2 if there IS an issue with enabling/blocking flying zone by zone.
    They already said they don't like the design of having people dismounted for crossing borders, I agree though that with the locations of Nazjatar and Mechagon they could have unlocked flight some time around 8.1.5 as they're not so close to the initial zones like they were in WoD and Legion.