Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    All the development resources were spent on creating busywork for a pointless, filler Mechagon zone instead.
    Mechagon is no filler... its more of a way to introduce Mecha-Gnomes subrace in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    All the development resources were spent on creating busywork for a pointless, filler Mechagon zone instead.
    Well I personally wouldn't call it this way, but the Mechagon feels extremely out of place in this expansion this is for sure. I know they tried to do a mixup but it steers too far away from the main story lines to which we didn't get any development. And this is sad. I would rather see what Tyrande is up to against the Horde now that she possess Night Warrior power than suddenly exploring gnome's lore (no offense to gnomes, it's just the timing is a bit off IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What they SHOULD have done imo is give us a dungeon in the Naz'jatar city (the part we see while going to the raid).
    something like Nighthold.

What I wanted with this post tho is not discuss good/bad storylines and how Blizzard writers suddenly become 'bad'.

It's just that I'm a casual player now, I play the game for a few dailies and cool lore. And I feel lost when I see so many story lines simply abandoned or put on pause despite the fact that we just got a major patch which ideally should continue the stories established by previous patches. I'm eager to see what they have for us but at the same time afraid that if they couldn't develop any previously established lore in this patch, they might as well not be able to unveil it properly in the next patches. And the waiting time is becoming too much for me to even care about it. I wondered if some of you guys have this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    So the long awaited patch is finally out for several weeks now but we don't have any answers to any plot lines yet. Not even some continuations to them.

- what about derek proudmoore? Is he really a pupet? How did he manage to fit in living society?
    - who named sylvanas warchief? Why the most powerful undead creatures and death gods don't know anything about it and have no clues?
    - what about nzoth eye given to the players? Why nobody talks to the player outside two burglars in the docks. Is this just a vanity item?
    - what about horde choice made almost a year ago in Saurfang vs Sylvanas questline? Does it matter? Talking about internal rebellion aspect of this whole theme right now.
    - what power does Bwonsamdy have? Where is his power? How are they going along with Talanji? Why he never actually help the trolls and is so selfish? His only help was in Dazar'Alor where he proved himself being exceptionally weak. Not able to grant his chosen hero anything good to fight Alliance back.
    - what agenda and great plan Sylvanas have? Each patch we are reminded how she is very smart and has some great plans we just don't know about when in reality she is unable to communicate anything to us, her champions since the start of BFA. Look at Lordaeron scenario. She claimed that she has something against the Alliance but in reality she just blew it up. Is this all? Too much hype for nothing if you ask me.
    - who is Xalatath. Why Sylvanas is so excited to get the blade? What she knows about it? What power the blade has? Imagine if we are told about Frostmourne. From the first seconds of seeing it we know what it does and it's history develops throughout expansions.
    - what happened to gnome king? Is he dead? Is he gonna be healed?
    - any actual Azeroth story? The expansion is called Battle for Azeroth when in reality all we do is farm her blood for a year without story development despite the fact that Magni encourages us each time we complete daily quests by saying that she is almost healed up.
    - what about faction war? We got one small scenario on saving Baine and this is it. We still don't know who trusts the warchief and who doesn't. We don't know why she can't trust her plan to the Horde leaders. So many questions with no answers.
    - what about Tyrande and the whole Night Warrior thing? Why doesn't she unleash her power and vengeance on the horde cities? They are not too far away from night elf territories. Again, what power does she possess now? All we go is pompous cinematic on how cool she is now and that's basically is. Is she doing anything now?

I know much of this will be answered by the final Azshara cinematic but this is taking so long and I'm afraid some of the lines still won't progress and will be forgotten in time.

The story pacing in this expansion is very slow. I'm really tired of reading meaningless empty NPC phrases saying basically nothing and leading to no action. They develop patch for over half a year, it releases and we still got nothing on main expansion story lines. It is weird that the story content is not updated during the expansion and all the twists are saved for the end. Very weird story development and pacing.
    I like how you're oblivious to all the LORE that was added with patch 8.2! But yeah please ask away all the "lore questions" you can think of that was not included with this patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    8.1 patched focused on Garrosh and blizz had told that war was the main theme of the exp and garrosh focused continued in 8.3 and 8.4. Mogu had actually being hidden for long time in pandaria so the actually war with mogu started in 8.2.
    The war with the mogu is gone into during the leveling process. It was in no way a surprise. You fight against them starting in Jade Forest, but also in pretty much every other zone as well.

5.1 Landfall was about the faction conflict in Krasarang: https://wow.gamepedia.com/5.1

We already knew Garrosh was the endboss, but it wasn't assumed that we somehow would not be addressing the threat of the Mantid, Mogu, and Sha.

What I wanted with this post tho is not discuss good/bad storylines and how Blizzard writers suddenly become 'bad'.

It's just that I'm a casual player now, I play the game for a few dailies and cool lore. And I feel lost when I see so many story lines simply abandoned or put on pause despite the fact that we just got a major patch which ideally should continue the stories established by previous patches. I'm eager to see what they have for us but at the same time afraid that if they couldn't develop any previously established lore in this patch, they might as well not be able to unveil it properly in the next patches. And the waiting time is becoming too much for me to even care about it. I wondered if some of you guys have this too.

Yes, the story content is worriedly low for every player that is not content with a couple quests per content patch. The factions introduced are also very local in scope and time. They feel introduced as clutter to fill up a zone with no lead in except... of course a patch brings a faction or two.

I generally like new patches, but i don't think there is a healthy mix between story content and repeating dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    It was Zul. He is not the king so he can't declare war. That said, Rastakhan never addressed that problem.
    So according to the information the Alliance had, and Rastakhan never addressing what Zul did, the Alliance was more than justified in sacking Zul'Dazar. The way they saw it, the Zandalari had declared war on them, Rastakhan had never offered peace since Zul's attacks, and the Zandalari were siding with the Horde actively as well.

I would rather see what Tyrande is up to against the Horde now that she possess Night Warrior power than suddenly exploring gnome's lore (no offense to gnomes, it's just the timing is a bit off IMO).
    But she got her revenge, don't you know. She killed a few goons and a whole Valkyr! Darkshore even if retaken is completely ruined, Ashenvale is Horde's and next on the clearcut, burn, and pollute list, and no real losses have been felt by the Horde, but the Night Elves got their revenge. /nods solemnly

Please go jetpack around the latest Timeless Jungle Mecha Underwater Island and collect shit, pay no attention to plots that the devs don't want to talk about any more. Teldrassil was cheap publicity, after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    So according to the information the Alliance had, and Rastakhan never addressing what Zul did, the Alliance was more than justified in sacking Zul'Dazar. The way they saw it, the Zandalari had declared war on them, Rastakhan had never offered peace since Zul's attacks, and the Zandalari were siding with the Horde actively as well.
    Nope, Alliance is never justified in fighting back, self-defense, or doing anything but bending over and taking it. That's been the message for fifteen years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

You can tell by all the "Azshara out of nowhere comments" who did and didn't level an Alliance character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    But she got her revenge, don't you know. She killed a few goons and a whole Valkyr! Darkshore even if retaken is completely ruined, Ashenvale is Horde's and next on the clearcut, burn, and pollute list, and no real losses have been felt by the Horde, but the Night Elves got their revenge. /nods solemnly
    Ashenvale is the Horde's? During the War of Thorns the Horde pushed through Ashenvale and into Darkshore, but they don't seem to have kept a hold on Ashenvale any more than they previously had. Given that the Horde forces can barely hold onto their base in Bashal'Aran in Darkshore it seems exceedingly unlikely they've held Ashenvale in any capacity. It actually appears as if the Alliance is resurgent in Ashenvale - Splintertree Post being under attack, and an attack on Stardust Spire rebuffed completely. There seems to be little to no evidence that the Horde has claimed Ashenvale in any real sense.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It actually appears as if the Alliance is resurgent in Ashenvale - Splintertree Post being under attack, and an attack on Stardust Spire rebuffed completely.
    Source? Please don't say table missions.

There seems to be little to no evidence that the Horde has claimed Ashenvale in any real sense.
    Considering there's no longer any living Night Elf population since even the civilians were murdered, exactly who would you say has a hold there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Source? Please don't say table missions.
    In the complete absence of anything else, would seem to be the only real source of info on the matter.

Considering there's no longer any living Night Elf population since even the civilians were murdered, exactly who would you say has a hold there?
    Only the Alliance enclaves in the path of the Horde army would've been attacked in earnest - and we know both Forest Song and Raynewood Retreat are still in operation by the Alliance. Astranaar received the brunt of Horde aggression, but it seems that Sentinel Thenysil has also retaken control of Astranaar for the Night Elves and the Alliance.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

So the long awaited patch is finally out for several weeks now but we don't have any answers to any plot lines yet. Not even some continuations to them.

- what about derek proudmoore? Is he really a pupet? How did he manage to fit in living society?
    - who named sylvanas warchief? Why the most powerful undead creatures and death gods don't know anything about it and have no clues?
    - what about nzoth eye given to the players? Why nobody talks to the player outside two burglars in the docks. Is this just a vanity item?
    - what about horde choice made almost a year ago in Saurfang vs Sylvanas questline? Does it matter? Talking about internal rebellion aspect of this whole theme right now.
    - what power does Bwonsamdy have? Where is his power? How are they going along with Talanji? Why he never actually help the trolls and is so selfish? His only help was in Dazar'Alor where he proved himself being exceptionally weak. Not able to grant his chosen hero anything good to fight Alliance back.
    - what agenda and great plan Sylvanas have? Each patch we are reminded how she is very smart and has some great plans we just don't know about when in reality she is unable to communicate anything to us, her champions since the start of BFA. Look at Lordaeron scenario. She claimed that she has something against the Alliance but in reality she just blew it up. Is this all? Too much hype for nothing if you ask me.
    - who is Xalatath. Why Sylvanas is so excited to get the blade? What she knows about it? What power the blade has? Imagine if we are told about Frostmourne. From the first seconds of seeing it we know what it does and it's history develops throughout expansions.
    - what happened to gnome king? Is he dead? Is he gonna be healed?
    - any actual Azeroth story? The expansion is called Battle for Azeroth when in reality all we do is farm her blood for a year without story development despite the fact that Magni encourages us each time we complete daily quests by saying that she is almost healed up.
    - what about faction war? We got one small scenario on saving Baine and this is it. We still don't know who trusts the warchief and who doesn't. We don't know why she can't trust her plan to the Horde leaders. So many questions with no answers.
    - what about Tyrande and the whole Night Warrior thing? Why doesn't she unleash her power and vengeance on the horde cities? They are not too far away from night elf territories. Again, what power does she possess now? All we go is pompous cinematic on how cool she is now and that's basically is. Is she doing anything now?

I know much of this will be answered by the final Azshara cinematic but this is taking so long and I'm afraid some of the lines still won't progress and will be forgotten in time.

The story pacing in this expansion is very slow. I'm really tired of reading meaningless empty NPC phrases saying basically nothing and leading to no action. They develop patch for over half a year, it releases and we still got nothing on main expansion story lines. It is weird that the story content is not updated during the expansion and all the twists are saved for the end. Very weird story development and pacing.
    I believe a lot of these will go completely unanswered for maybe an expac or 2. I'd prefer it if they did. Right now, they are establishing a lot of future lore that can be built upon later. A lot like the whispers in legion, they have been built upon and they slowly start making more and more sense and I'm almost certain most of that will be covered before the end of the expac. The story connected to bwon and the shadowlands could easily become an expac and having MYSTERY surrounding it, much like argus, makes it feel all the more better when we finally get it. The epic, fabled moment. People loved mop, but I'd rather not have something like it come out of nowhere again with such a drastic and different feel/setting. While it is an expac that could be argued as one of the best we've had in terms of class design, feel, and raid quality... and while I actually like pandaren and all that... I'd rather it not happen again. Yes, they were in lore. Yes, they were in WC3. But a whole expac? With zero prelude? I felt robbed at first lol.

Keep in mind it was rumor in 8.3 Sylvannas turns the tables against the alliance. Leaked a while back, if it proves to be true. It would mean she has aquired more power, one could speculate from Azshara or N'zoth himself. There's also talk that shes being controlled by N'zoth himself. Leading up to the point were she releases him. Azshara has no plan of doing that just to use his power for her own. Guessing in 8.3 when Sylvannas makes her move against the alliance. You see Anduin meet up with Jaina,Thrall, Saurfang and Baine to come to a mutual arrangment.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    The war with the mogu is gone into during the leveling process. It was in no way a surprise. You fight against them starting in Jade Forest, but also in pretty much every other zone as well.

5.1 Landfall was about the faction conflict in Krasarang: https://wow.gamepedia.com/5.1

We already knew Garrosh was the endboss, but it wasn't assumed that we somehow would not be addressing the threat of the Mantid, Mogu, and Sha.
    There was one q against mogu in jade, no in valley of the fot winds, no towloning steppes major part in kun-alai, no in krasarang, no dread waste and one small q in krasarang wilds.

Only valley of eternal blossoms they have more mogu so at tops 2 area with major and 2 with small and 4 with no mogu.

As we faced only organized mogu forces which can be called an army at the end rep grind or in the mohushan palace(before 5.2) while alliance and horde war was what started the pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by fyktyvf View Post
    By the way I was a bit disappointed on how nothing was progressed by Nazjatar or Mechagon prior to the raid (and I have no hope for new questlines coming out until after 8.2.5 or later), but I was even more disappointed on how stupid the lore characters acted yet again, especially in the final questline before the raid: how come neither Genn/Jaina/Lor'themar/Thalyssra even mentioned on how Azhara's invitation is 100% a trap? Jaina notes multiple times during the quests that we have to find out what Azshara wants from us, and now we are just supposed to walk into the palace without any backup? Their trigger happy 'the horde will topple the queen' - 'no the alliance will bring down azshara' bickering was extremely out of place.

Besides that, neither Genn or Jaina comes up with the natural question that how in hell did Nathanos and the Horde fleet wind up exactly above Nazjatar, with the Alliance fleet following closely? It seems extremely convenient, that they just happened to sail there with most of the naval forces of both faction (let's leave out the fact that it seems very forced that the Alliance lost most of their ships, when the cutscene did not convey the same size of the fleet that was previously shown), it cannot be a coincidence, and this should be apparent to lore characters as well.

Thanks, that clears it up a bit. Which essence is the one involving the Emerald Dream?
    The very first one, you just have to level up your heart first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Did you also enjoy how you appeared on a ship with Nathanos instantly. With no explanation and you just go down a sinkhole.

Then Nathanos dissapears and somehow Lady Ashvane has teamed up with the Naga?

10/10 quality writing. Not a shit-show at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol the few Naga quests in Stormsong that lead absolutely no-where? Wow, amazing.

What about that amazing WQ that occasionally pops up?
    If you were actually paying attention, you would know that Ashvane and Zul are working with Azshara. But you probably the type who skips all the quest text.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Didn't he send some emissary to stop Zul in Zul'gurub?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We face the Mogu in Dojan and Korja in Krasarang and in the Terrace of Ten Thunders in Jade Forest. They are an important threat in Kun-Lai Mountains as well. However the majority of the story is indeed at max level in the Vale (were we go at war with them) as well as in Townlong in the Shado pan dailies.

On Azshara's link to the story, it is only hinted at in the Horde side (with the stories of both Gral and Kimbul) but it is clear that the entire Stormsong storyline is related to Azshara, both with Stormsong Monastery and with Fort Daelin. It is only hinted at with Ashvane though.
    We had to naga invasion also alliance had pretty much the same treatment with uldir and g'huun compared to the horde and also many people skipped krasarang wilds in mop which in itself take mogu threat away and only major mogu threat in mop was in kun-alai story becayse of the Lei shen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    There was one q against mogu in jade, no in valley of the fot winds, no towloning steppes major part in kun-alai, no in krasarang, no dread waste and one small q in krasarang wilds.

Only valley of eternal blossoms they have more mogu so at tops 2 area with major and 2 with small and 4 with no mogu.

As we faced only organized mogu forces which can be called an army at the end rep grind or in the mohushan palace(before 5.2) while alliance and horde war was what started the pandaria.
    That is simply not true. I literally just ran 3 alts through MoP and it is fresh in the mind. The rest is not true either, but the Jade stuff jumps right out. There's 3 different questlines with Mogu in Jade Forest. Your argument is entirely invalid. Mogu were a third of the story of MoP. Their dungeon was available prior to max level. It is no surprise we fight them in raids.