Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Battle of Nazjatar

The battle of Nazjatar is broken.

One of the faction just 5 caps and wins the battle with a score of 3k vs 100.

The +5% damage buff per tower should be given to the side that's currently losing.

I've been in 4 battles and won/lost half just like this. My last battle was 3k points vs 10.

It's a 1 sided battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post

The +5% damage buff per tower should be given to the side that's currently losing.

I've been in 4 battles and won/lost half just like this. My last battle was 3k points vs 10.

It's a 1 sided battle.
    Why would anyone do Battle for Nazjatar on the losing side? Pretty soon, no one will do this event because the requirement for reward is you have to kill an opponent, but there were two events today where there were zero opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    Why would anyone do Battle for Nazjatar on the losing side? Pretty soon, no one will do this event because the requirement for reward is you have to kill an opponent, but there were two events today where there were zero opponents.
    Just change your server via group finder.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    At least you have both factions present. I've been in three battles so far and they have all ended 3000-0 and consists of large raiding parties trying to find ONE alliance for 20 minutes. So far 0 out of 3. #didtheythinkthisthrough

Quote Originally Posted by Denso View Post
    At least you have both factions present. I've been in three battles so far and they have all ended 3000-0 and consists of large raiding parties trying to find ONE alliance for 20 minutes. So far 0 out of 3. #didtheythinkthisthrough
    I said in my other thread. Literally I've seen Alliance win the first time the event happened out of like 4 or 5. And it seemed like the only reason we won that one time was because the Horde weren't trying to capture the points, they were just trying to get their questing done.

It's a 1 sided battle.
    We cant even find an ally to kill to get the reward its sooo dumb, but dont worry next week incoming 600 ilvl gear and ally will just camp the whole zone!!!

How often can you do this battle?

Was in one today and barely able to fill the bar due to lopsidedness (alliance dominated it totally). Still 500 rep is worth trying for but I'm not sure how often I can do it and don't want to just ass around in the zone waiting on it if I won't be able to do it.

Decent concept, horrible execution.

Was actually in the BFN just now, started off ok, fairly even but then the Alliance just warp in like the fucking Protoss, immediately they have 5 caps, so obviously I leave the small group I was in, find a shard that was winning 2850-10 when I joined, job done. Sad state of afairs that a legitimately fun event is ruined by totally one sided shards, every-single-time, and you HAVE to do it to win. Pretty disgraceful, and the only thing I hate about Nazjatar.

This event is just ruined on day 1. Hord dominates all shards but the few that alliance could jump to, until they also hot-fixed that.

I was on at 15:00, jump the only group in coustome to a shard where the event was up, we get safely to 600 points, before suddenly the hole zone lags out, and hord is swarming everywhere with at least 2, maybe even 4 40 man raids vs our 1 40 man raid and whoever else was not grouped up in the shard.

The hotfix ruined a already bad event.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Decent concept, horrible execution.
    Basically Blizzard in a nutshell. Re-subbed to see a bit of the zone and such, played the event, lot of Hordes everywhere, no one to kill we just ended up spamming AE on the guards. At first I thought this would be like a live Tol Barad like event but guess my expectations of having something polished were too high. They always have to go the cheap way and completely ruin the good ideas they have. Sad.

10+ Year Old Account

It's a 1 sided battle.
    That's because when players see first 2-3 towers capped they just hop to another realm via group finder. Players these days...
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    can't you become eligible for reward by just killing an NPC of the opposite faction? When I did that event I didn't kill a single player. I killed 10 respawning horde grunt NPCs at Alathir/Althair/Althor Spire or whatever it's called.

I've really enjoyed 8.2 so far with one exception, the Battle for Nazjatar absolutly fucking blows. There's no battle, it's just hop hop hop till you win in a one sided victory. Flying has snuffed out any chance it may have had as well.

Awful. This should be something that is available a few times a day but is instanced.

Trash.

It's a 1 sided battle.
    well you did just say you won/lost half which is the same as saying you win 50% of the time.
    That to me sounds totally fair and balanced win ratio :P

but i do agree that they need to do more work to balance it out so you don't have 100 to 1 ratio faction wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    Basically Blizzard in a nutshell. Re-subbed to see a bit of the zone and such, played the event, lot of Hordes everywhere, no one to kill we just ended up spamming AE on the guards. At first I thought this would be like a live Tol Barad like event but guess my expectations of having something polished were too high. They always have to go the cheap way and completely ruin the good ideas they have. Sad.
    Battle for Nazjatar is just Hellfire Peninsula, so yes, it is just about the laziest possible implementation they could do, but that is WoW in a nutshell.

Well, they added this buff... to a winning faction. Not sure when that happened, i noticed 5 stacks and +25% damage increase during my last battle when we capped all 5 flags.

7+ Year Old Account

It's a 1 sided battle.
    so its a 1 sided battle... where you win half the time?
    thats sounds like a 2 sided battle...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The new system is flawed as badly as the old system was. Whoever recruits the most people through LFG and ends up with 3-4 raids on their faction wins. Blizzard needs to implement a cap for each faction and flying needs to be disabled as it was in Wintergrasp when a battle took place. It's insanely stupid that 40 man raid groups fly from node to node and dive bomb out of the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so its a 1 sided battle... where you win half the time?
    thats sounds like a 2 sided battle...
    I know reading comprehension isn't your strong point so I will clarify what he is saying.

He either WINS in a stomp i.e., 3000 - 0 OR LOSES to 3000 - 0 (gets stomped).

So, one sided battle, but in his experience is that he wins half the time, loses the other half, and it is a *one* sided battle in either scenario.

Alright?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    I know reading comprehension isn't your strong point so I will clarify what he is saying.

He either WINS in a stomp i.e., 3000 - 0 OR LOSES to 3000 - 0 (gets stomped).

So, one sided battle, but in his experience is that he wins half the time, loses the other half, and it is a *one* sided battle in either scenario.

Alright?
    Yeah welcome to PvP. When one side gets a quick lead the other side loses moral.

Normally in a BG you either then just let them win, or keep trying casus its all you can do.

But because its a whole zone, people see horde cap 3 places instantly then go... "Well fuck... I guess I better just go kill some mobs."
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content