Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    We'll know soon enough, I can totally see the dark zones thing happening. Completely serverside and no real way to datamine it beforehand either.
    It does sound like an easy way to achieve the same effect as Argus had after ToS.
    Personally i would have assumed a similar skybox effect with maybe some swirls or eclipses or something. But vague darkness does seem like something that is feasible.

I am pretty sure there will be something though. Not completely 100% on what. But after Argus got that good reaction after ToS i think Blizz will likely continue trying ot achieve the same with mid-expansion raids going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It does sound like an easy way to achieve the same effect as Argus had after ToS.
    Personally i would have assumed a similar skybox effect with maybe some swirls or eclipses or something. But vague darkness does seem like something that is feasible.

I am pretty sure there will be something though. Not completely 100% on what. But after Argus got that good reaction after ToS i think Blizz will likely continue trying ot achieve the same with mid-expansion raids going forward.
    Hmm, if it is a custom skybox that hasn't been used before it is likely encrypted but there would still be some references to it inside of DBCs... unless they hotfix it into the DBCs. Still technically possible for them to do.

Hmm, if it is a custom skybox that hasn't been used before it is likely encrypted but there would still be some references to it inside of DBCs... unless they hotfix it into the DBCs. Still technically possible for them to do.
    Well, you would know more about data storage and encrypted data than i would. Bottom line is that i am almost completely certain there will be something tangible that will change in the world after Azshara, unless the ywant to save it for 8.2.5 that is.

We will find out once raiders gets past Azshara and sees the cinematic.

The next expansion is NOT Old God themed nor based around the Void. Nor is it that 'Awakenings' leak. The next expansion does not have an official name yet.
    Who can believe a minute that so close from the Blizzcon, they have no idea of the expansion title? That's a gross misunderstanding on how projects are handled and managed. You can argue that the released contents aren't of the best quality or that you are disapointed by them, but Blizzard never have issues in project management...

Quote Originally Posted by Estherna View Post
    Who can believe a minute that so close from the Blizzcon, they have no idea of the expansion title? That's a gross misunderstanding on how projects are handled and managed. You can argue that the released contents aren't of the best quality or that you are disapointed by them, but Blizzard never have issues in project management...
    I've heard that in the past expansions have generally internally been referred to by their version (e.g. 9.0) for a pretty long time as they go through regular renames throughout development. It's not unthinkable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, all those new and unique bot models in Mechagon make me think we will see Tinkers next xpac. Would be weird for them to be a one time thing (unless they will develop robot faction).
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I'm in the UK, it's Tuesday. I know at some point this evening that the cinematic will become available because the US guilds / realms will be up.

Any idea how many more hours to go until we can expect a kill on Azshara?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarius View Post
    I'm in the UK, it's Tuesday. I know at some point this evening that the cinematic will become available because the US guilds / realms will be up.

I would expect it in like 4-8 hours.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldarius View Post

Aren't those cinematics simply datamined immediately, cuz loss of encryption?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

That’s the breaker in that leak tbh. Expansion titles are loosely known from the beginning of development, but 4 months away from an announcement its definitely solidified by now.

I read the "The next expansion does not have an official name yet" as there is a candidate, but it has not been set in stone and may change either slightly or radically. This frequently happens because of legal issues / wanting to keep things secret for as long as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    That’s the breaker in that leak tbh. Expansion titles are loosely known from the beginning of development, but 4 months away from an announcement its definitely solidified by now.
    Yeah, I dont think thats true at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    At least he is to the point and did not muddle his "leak" with too much wild speculation. I am inclined to believe this one as he at least had the balls to make a leak hours before it could be proven wrong. In that way i suppose it is similar to the true leaks of the past coming out hours before Blizzcon.
    I have read all the "leaks" and so far this one is such a waste... Would hate it if this is the direction we are going to.
    Wasting Dragon Isles and especially Nya'lotha on a patch instead of a full blown old god semi-won expansion and we fight back, culminating in Nya'lotha... And fighting Sylvanas in N'zoth raid is weird... We will see today I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    I have read all the "leaks" and so far this one is such a waste... Would hate it if this is the direction we are going to.
    Wasting Dragon Isles and especially Nya'lotha on a patch instead of a full blown old god semi-won expansion and we fight back, culminating in Nya'lotha... And fighting Sylvanas in N'zoth raid is weird... We will see today I guess...
    Definitely not a great leak, insofar as the ideas are pretty damn stupid. On that front i would much rather believe the 4chan AMA one. But my point was more that at least this leaker had the Cajones to go all in by boldly stating what is going to happen directly after defeating Azshara.
    If this guy gets it right he has essentially won carte blanche to create as many leaks as he wants until he is either shown to get something wrong, or Blizzcon comes out and he is shown to be right. I would much rather we get the former.

We'll know soon enough, I can totally see the dark zones thing happening. Completely serverside (if it is the good old "darker nights" effect) and no real way to datamine it beforehand either.
    Would be in line with what we had happen in Legion, as well, with them messing around with the sky after the third (large) raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ise-of-Azshara

This one is my favorite leak wish it was true.
    It's already off. Nazjatar was fully unlocked on day one, there's no sign of Azshara and N'zoth being at odds, there's no Naga Brute mount, no Paragon chest mounts, the M+ affix is completely wrong etc.

I know but i wish it was true. coz it sounded good.

Quote Originally Posted by slendydaddy View Post
    another 4chan leak: http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/469684926
    This time related only to the end cinematic with Azshara and 8.3
    If the darkening happens i will believe the AMA dude who said it first http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/469500760

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I thought "god, how many fakes are we going to have" but either the leakers watch how their leaks are received and get better or this is actually real:

---
    Of course we all know the Azshara cinematic is tomorrow. Nothing I can say about the cinematic itself will convince anyone this is accurate insider information since the cinematic is really predictable with no surprises there.

After you defeat Azshara, though, the world will turn dark before of the rise of N'Zoth and Nya'lotha. Every zone in Azeroth (Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Northrend, Pandaria, Broken Isles, Kul Tiras and Zandalar) will become dark and spooky, though there's a way to disable it for a bit. This will last until the end of the expansion and will be turned on for all accounts in 8.2.5 whether or not they've defeated Azshara yet.

8.3 is the Dragon Isles and Nya'lotha, two different end game zones. The Dragon Isles has a new medium-sized dungeon and Nya'lotha hosts the N'Zoth raid where we defeat Sylvanas. Baine will become the new leader of the Horde and immediately make peace/practically dissolve the faction beside Anduin who calls for the end of the cold war once and for all.

Xal'atath and Azshara fight on our side against N'Zoth.

The next expansion is NOT Old God themed nor based around the Void. Nor is it that 'Awakenings' leak. The next expansion does not have an official name yet.
    ---

We'll soon know.
    Why the fuck would you think this is better or real?

Of course we all know the Azshara cinematic is tomorrow. Nothing I can say about the cinematic itself will convince anyone this is accurate insider information since the cinematic is really predictable with no surprises there.
    Literally: H-heh, I might as well not saying anything about the cinematic because it's straightforward, I swear I know what it is though!

8.3 is the Dragon Isles and Nya'lotha, two different end game zones. The Dragon Isles has a new medium-sized dungeon and Nya'lotha hosts the N'Zoth raid where we defeat Sylvanas. Baine will become the new leader of the Horde and immediately make peace/practically dissolve the faction beside Anduin who calls for the end of the cold war once and for all.
    Wow, what an amazing leak, a multi zone end patch, not like we've seen that exact thing before--and a raid that comes with a dungeon!? Didn't see that coming either. WHAT!?!?! Baine wants peace and Anduin wants it too!!? Holy shit you know this information has to come from the top.

Xal'atath and Azshara fight on our side against N'Zoth.
    Wow a fan theory that's been spouted since before the expansion even fucking started, what a wild and crazy leak.

The only thing of substance in this entire leak is the sky being "Dark and spooky" (way to be fucking vague by the way), and I don't know why that would be unexpected after they've literally done this with Argus, Post Argus, and Pre/post expansion Dark shore. Yes, of course if N'zoth is released they are going to fuck with skyboxes. I wouldn't be surprised to see a massive anated N'zoth in the KT/Zandalari Skyboxes come 8.3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    If the darkening happens i will believe the AMA dude who said it first http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/469500760
    You mean the same retard who claimed Azshara and Nazjatar were supposed to be in 7.2, and who didn't know that Blizzard employees get free wow accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Why the fuck would you think this is better or real?
    Because it is concise, specific, and I think is in line with what they are doing / are capable of doing.

Regarding the Azshara cinematic - are you saying the leak should have spelled out what will happen? The Horde and the Alliance will defeat Azshara toghether. That's it. At least that's how I read it.

"A multi-zone patch" and "a raid with a dungeon" and Baine with Anduin wanting / striking peace - what is it you are objecting to? Too obvious? Or what?

Xalatath and Azshara fight against NZoth is a fan theory - so now your objection is that the leak contains something you didn't expect? Above you were objecting to the leak being too obvious, if I understood you correctly, and now not obvious is also bad? Or is it also too obvious? As in, you'd have assumed exactly this will happen without the leak? Because I am not sure who else would have assumed that besides yourself.

Really, I have a hard time understanding your position. You don't like the leak - fine. It looks more believable to me than everything else I saw. If you have some input regarding that - whether it is believable or not - let's talk. Right now I just don't understand what it is you want to say apart from the fact that you don't like it.
    Last edited by rda; 2019-07-09 at 01:00 PM.