Anyone know if current emissary rewards will go up with the season?

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Because it is concise, specific, and I think is in line with what they are doing / are capable of doing.

Regarding the Azshara cinematic - are you saying the leak should have spelled out what will happen? The Horde and the Alliance will defeat Azshara toghether. That's it. At least that's how I read it.

"A multi-zone patch" and "a raid with a dungeon" and Baine with Anduin peace - what is it you are objecting to? Too obvious? Or what?

Xalatath and Azshara fight against NZoth is a fan theory - so now your objection is that the leak contains something you didn't expect? Above you were objecting to the leak being too obvious and now not obvious is also bad?

Really, I have a hard time understanding your position. You don't like the leak - fine. It looks more believable to me than everything else I saw. If you have some input regarding that - whether it is believable or not - let's talk. Right now I just don't understand what it is you want to say apart from the fact that you don't like it.
    No my objection is that like every other leak of the dozens of shitty fake leaks it does the same shit:

Regurgitate basic information like Anduin and Baine wanting peace, and final patches having zones with raids/dungeons, and regurgitate some popular fan theories. There is nothing better about it, it is the same shit that has been posted a thousand times, updated for 8.2.5

Just like the dumb """leaks""" for nazjatar about how it was going to "have events that pop up!" or the dumb leaks for dragon isles that will talk about how "Wrathion and Ebonhorn are going to be important, and Wrathion is going to be more concerned with power".

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    Anyone know if current emissary rewards will go up with the season?
    99% sure they won't.
    Blizz managed to code M+ cache rewards so they give rewards relative to when the reward was earned, and not when the cache was opened. So i would imagine it works the same for Emissaries.

That being said, you should wait to open them regardless, artifact knowledge is a thing, and it is quite the sizeable amount oyu are letting go of by opening now instead of waiting until tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No my objection is that like every other leak of the dozens of shitty fake leaks it does the same shit:

Regurgitate basic information like Anduin and Baine wanting peace, and final patches having zones with raids/dungeons, and regurgitate some popular fan theories. There is nothing better about it, it is the same shit that has been posted a thousand times, updated for 8.2.5

Just like the dumb """leaks""" for nazjatar about how it was going to "have events that pop up!" or the dumb leaks for dragon isles that will talk about how "Wrathion and Ebonhorn are going to be important, and Wrathion is going to be more concerned with power".
    OK, but I am not sure what you expect from a leak then. Yes, leaks talk about roughly the same shit, themes repeat. Because Blizzard are relatively predictable. There are still differences. Most leaks go wild or stupid, this one less so (in my opinion). My interest in any leak is solely whether it is true or not. I am pretty sure I won't be terribly impressed with what Blizzard do in lore (and quite likely in terms of gameplay as well) in any case - what they do mostly fails to impress.

OK, but I am not sure what you expect from a leak then. Yes, leaks talk about roughly the same shit, themes repeat. Because Blizzard are relatively predictable. There are still differences. Most leaks go wild or stupid, this one less so (in my opinion). My interest in any leak is solely whether it is true or not. I am pretty sure I won't be terribly impressed with what Blizzard do in lore (and quite likely in terms of gameplay as well) in any case - what they do mostly fails to impress.
    The same thing every actual leak has put forth that this leak deliberately avoided like all other fakes: actual concrete plot details instead of "here's some stuff you already know and a fan idea I saw on MMO-champion a couple years back!"

Why is Azshara helping? Why did she survive? What importance do the Dragon Isles have? What is the dungeon there? Quote a firm line from the cinematic, or even accurately describe it as some HotS/Overwatch leaks have. Describe literally anything about The Dragon Isles or Ny'alotha (NY ' ALOTHA, btw, not Nya'lotha as the leaker types every single time) instead of just "there's a dungeon on one and a raid on the other. Say anything at all concrete about the next expansion.

The players hype the story up more than Blizzard manage to do themselves, which is why people are often disappointed.

Just look at the burning of Teldrassil. Players expected it to be Sylvanas being the perpetrator and they were right, despite many people constantly thinking that it would be too obvious to be true.

Up until this point players have speculated that Azshara is going to be on our side and that she's trying to stop N'zoth from being freed, when the reality is that she is on N'zoth's side and that she has lured us in to take our artifact and free him. There's nothing surprising about that and it's just straight up obvious.

Blizzard don't think outside of the box, which is why N'zoth and Ny'alotha are probably next.

Any guesses at what time the new cinematic will be unlocked?

What time can we expect to see the cinematic? Will it be data mined after the servers come up or will it require a raid to clear Eternal Palace?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    The players hype the story up more than Blizzard manage to do themselves, which is why people are often disappointed.

Just look at the burning of Teldrassil. Players expected it to be Sylvanas being the perpetrator and they were right, despite many people constantly thinking that it would be too obvious to be true.

Up until this point players have speculated that Azshara is going to be on our side and that she's trying to stop N'zoth from being freed, when the reality is that she is on N'zoth's side and that she has lured us in to take our artifact and free him. There's nothing surprising about that and it's just straight up obvious.

Blizzard don't think outside of the box, which is why N'zoth and Ny'alotha are probably next.
    Sometimes speculation is just usually wrong, not really a big deal.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Sometimes speculation is just usually wrong, not really a big deal.
    It causes a lot of disappointment though for many people and Blizzard take the crap for it. It's players' own fault though for hoping the speculation is true and then being disappointed when Blizzard take the obvious direction.

By the way, talking about what's obvious and what's going to be in the raid-end cinematic, if anyone didn't see this reddit link yet, check it out, the material there spells a lot of what is going to happen and probably that would be 90% of what we'll see in the cinematic:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...eculation_and/

Quote Originally Posted by markonoken View Post
    What time can we expect to see the cinematic? Will it be data mined after the servers come up or will it require a raid to clear Eternal Palace?
    This. I'm pretty sure we seem to get it after some streamers cleared it. Even after the server is up, i believe they're encrypted.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    They'll need to do it, it's a necessity. The leveling experience must be appealing to hook new audiences.
    Blizzard has shown zero passion for the leveling aspect of WoW. Every change to leveling has been to just try to streamline and make it simpler which gets met with an initial round of applause and then after a month or so people realize Blizzard broke it even more. I don't have any faith they can fix it.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Blizzard has shown zero passion for the leveling aspect of WoW. Every change to leveling has been to just try to streamline and make it simpler which gets met with an initial round of applause and then after a month or so people realize Blizzard broke it even more. I don't have any faith they can fix it.
    You mean how they made leveling even more tedious in 7.3.5? I wouldn't call it streamlining. They absolutely can do it but not without some "wtf" backlash because people are anal about changes. Yes even a squish would set people off, hell stat squish gave some people here pause.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2019-07-09 at 03:17 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You mean how they made leveling even more tedious in 7.3.5? I wouldn't call it streamlining. They absolutely can do it but not without some "wtf" backlash because people are anal about changes.
    After the Cata rework, I fail to see a single thing that they did for leveling that turned out well. The change that comes the closest to being neutral is making the zones scale, but that is a mix of good and bad with the bad outweighing the good for some people (eg, for myself) and the reverse for others. Everything else they did affected leveling negatively - granted we are mostly talking about changes made for other areas in the game affecting leveling negatively as a side effect (eg, stat squishes), but that's exactly the point, they do not care about leveling and just break it in places from time to time, never improving it materially.

This was not always the case, either. Eg, I mentioned the Cata rework not because it was something great, it was also a mixed bag, but the point was that it was a threshold. Prior to Cata they did do things for leveling which was making it better - eg, heirlooms. Or reworks of starting zones. Etc.

- - - Updated - - -

... hell stat squish gave some people here pause.
    Because stat squishes are bad, they break a lot of things. Eg, there was a quest in Gorgrond that became impossible to do and it was blocking access to other quests. They fixed it half-assedly making it near-impossible to do, that fix took months. The real fix arrived even later. The entire Draenor was overtuned like 4x in the last squish. Every time they do the squish, tons of things break. And for what? For no reason. They fixed the 32-bit int problem years ago, can let numbers grow alright. We already accumulated enough growth in stats during BFA to have another squish in the next expansion. If they do it, things will break again - mostly in BFA, perhaps, but in random places everywhere else, too.

You mean how they made leveling even more tedious in 7.3.5? I wouldn't call it streamlining. They absolutely can do it but not without some "wtf" backlash because people are anal about changes. Yes even a squish would set people off, hell stat squish gave some people here pause.
    Yeah, streamline is certainly not the right word. I would go with "Equalized" or "Smoothed" instead for the 7.3.5 changes, an honest attempt to smooth the pacing out a bit more which in return was met with absolute outrage :S
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

After the Cata rework, I fail to see a single thing that they did for leveling that turned out well. The change that comes the closest to being neutral is making the zones scale, but that is a mix of good and bad with the bad outweighing the good for some people (eg, for myself) and the reverse for others. Everything else they did affected leveling negatively - granted we are mostly talking about changes made for other areas in the game affecting leveling negatively as a side effect (eg, stat squishes), but that's exactly the point, they do not care about leveling and just break it in places from time to time, never improving it materially.

This was not always the case, either. Eg, I mentioned the Cata rework not because it was something great, it was also a mixed bag, but the point was that it was a threshold. Prior to Cata they did do things for leveling which was making it better - eg, heirlooms. Or reworks of starting zones. Etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Because stat squishes are bad, they break a lot of things. Eg, there was a quest in Gorgrond that became impossible to do and it was blocking access to other quests. They fixed it half-assedly making it near-impossible to do, that fix took months. The real fix arrived even later. The entire Draenor was overtuned like 4x in the last squish. Every time they do the squish, tons of things break. And for what? For no reason. They fixed the 32-bit int problem years ago, can let numbers grow alright. We already accumulated enough growth in stats during BFA to have another squish in the next expansion. If they do it, things will break again - mostly in BFA, perhaps, but in random places everywhere else, too.
    You seem to vastly underestimate the importance of streamlining information and appealing to basic human psychology.

Sure, a stat squish did not really fix anything except give Blizz time to smooth out the problem with Stack overflow on NPC health. But it did make numbers more meaningful when you look at them. 2859375729284573 compared to 30854238523498. It is hard even just to comprehend which number is larger.
    On the flipside, comparing the numbers 2746 to 10375 is very easy. Just at a cursory glance your mind understands the second number as larger, and allows you to focus less on the nitty gritty details, and more on which number is larger.

A level squish would solve a problem that has been complained about ever since the old Talent tree was removed. The problem of levels being meaningless when you gain them. The changes to giving spell ranks allowed levelling to become lightly more like how it used to be in regards to each level feeling like a significant improvement.
    Having a level squish to, say, 60. Would allow each level to feel far more important than it does now. Sure it might take just as long to level. But it would make it much easier for Blizzard to make each level a significant stepping stone towards endgame.
    Consider for instance a suggestion that was floating around when the Artifacts were datamined. Making a callback to the old Talent tree system by giving you a point each time oyu level up to put into a skill tree. When you got to max level this would be completely filled and would therefore not have any of the problems with the old Talent tree system.
    If we still have 120 levels, then either Blizz has to make it so you only get a point every other level, which poses the question of why we even have so many levels if the best we get is a feeling of accomplishment every other. Or do a number squish, which allows each level to matter.

Of course there are bugs. There always will be. There were massive bugs after the standard backpack got another 4 slots. But we accept that because in a perpetual game like WoW, especially one as large as this. We cannot possibly expect every single bug to be fixed.
    Sure, i was as mad as everyone else was when i realized there was a bug in Redridge mountains where enemies could see you through the stealth item you got, preventing you from completing the area unless you either got someone to help you or did a lot of corpse running.

Sometimes we have to accept risks like something breaking if we want sweeping changes that are good for the health of the game. And Level squishes are good for the game, maybe not short term the next time you level a character. But i rarely hear people rave about how much they enjoyed the contruction work in their garden when they installed a swimming pool. But they still did it because they knew that eventually it would be worth it.

So BfA's fate will be decided today? Interesting to see how that turns out. The most boring way with N'zoth being the final boss or something... surprising?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    BFA's fate isn't decided by one rando person on the forums. As for the level squish, yeah its daunting but if its good for WoW...why not? Stat squish was necessary and well everything is fine. Dramatics aren't necessary.

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Cmoooon, where da cinematic at???
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.