Poll: Woudl your elf alter his existing allegiance if you could choose?>

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Would your elf toon vary his current set allegiance if blizz made it possible?

I'm curious about this, especially given that the faction restrictions may be lifted next expansion. This would create interesting options for your character to choose that he wasn't able to choose.

I ask this cos I know many people found blood elves joining the horde controversial, found nightborne joining the horde also controversial, and some also felt void elves should have been on with the blood elves

Currently we have the following groups of elves.

Thalassians:
    • Blood elves
    • High elves
    • Void elves
    • San'layn

Night Elves:
    • Night elf
    • Highborne
    • Nightborne
    • Cenarian

So with faction restrictions lifted or the horde and the alliance optional or scrapped, with you able to choose how you play your elf, what would you choose. You are free to choose more than one option as you may have several elven toons and desire differnet things for that.

So in addition to the poll questions, please answere these 3.
    1. I am pro player choice on this, players should be able to choose what opposite faction races they wanna help/join or be friendly towards.
    2. I prefer the current faction restrictions that exist for elves. (i.e. thalassians on the horde, night elves on the alliance)
    3. I prefer faction restrictions, but feel elves should be exempt as they are very popular.

Poll Questions
    I would play my blood elf allied to humans and former ally races as a high elf
    I would play my nightborne allied to night elves as a highborne ally
    I would play my void elf prioritising blood elves over other alliance races
    I would play my night elf strongly independently

My blood elf will identify as high elf if he could.
    I would remain blood elf but be open
    I will forever be an alliance races hating blood elf.
    My nightborne will identify with the kaldorei if I could.
    My nightborne will be friendly with highborne kaldorei only
    My nightborne will hate every race ever associated with the alliance.

My void elf would identify with the blood elves if he could
    My void elf would identify with the high elves and blood elves both
    My void elf would hate both blood elves and every former horde race with extreme prejudice

My highborne (night elf) would identify with the horde elves if he could.
    My highborne (night elf) would distance himself with druid/priest kaldorei
    My highborne (night elf) would only ever associate with other kaldorei and be extremely xenophobic
    My night elf would be neutral to humans and be xenophobic
    My night elf would hate highborne night elves and all the derivative races from them.

I would like to be able to play as San'layn
    I would like highborne night elves to have a different aesthetic
    I would like to be able to play Cenarions (keepers/dryads)

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    My elf would swore allegiance to mudmug and become first brew'dorei.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    My blood elf would be a blood elf and that's the end. Other races would not matter to him, he would still hold his grudge against the alliance for their treachery and would kill any void elf on sight. He would not care about night elves unless they come begging for forgiveness. He would accept nightborne as familiar spirits but keep his focus on the welfare of his people and his homeland.

If possible, close the gates to Quel'thalas again, let the world do what it does and live in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Naramag View Post
    My blood elf would be a blood elf and that's the end. Other races would not matter to him, he would still hold his grudge against the alliance for their treachery and would kill any void elf on sight. He would not care about night elves unless they come begging for forgiveness. He would accept nightborne as familiar spirits but keep his focus on the welfare of his people and his homeland.

If possible, close the gates to Quel'thalas again, let the world do what it does and live in peace.
    How would he view Highborne then? And what would be his approach to Cenarians and San'layn? Also would he let himself be evangelised by Elunite nightborne ? Would he believe in Elune if she came to him?

Where is the "My Void Elf would pledge their loyalty to the One True God N'Zoth" option?

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    @ravenmoon: Highborne are night elves for him. His ancestors may have been Highborne, but those who are now with the night elves are not his people. San'layns are abominations. The "Cenarians" are something he simply don't care for. And for religion: He has his, he doesn't care what others believe in. Elune is not his goddess, he doesn't care.

It's simple: I am a blood elf. All I am interested in is my home, my people and my realm. Mostly I don't care for anything that is not included in that. I don't hate what's different, but I hold grudges with varying intensities towards anyone who did me, my home, my People or my realm wrong in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Naramag View Post
    @ravenmoon: Highborne are night elves for him. His ancestors may have been Highborne, but those who are now with the night elves are not his people. San'layns are abominations. The "Cenarians" are something he simply don't care for. And for religion: He has his, he doesn't care what others believe in. Elune is not his goddess, he doesn't care.

It's simple: I am a blood elf. All I am interested in is my home, my people and my realm. Mostly I don't care for anything that is not included in that. I don't hate what's different, but I hold grudges with varying intensities towards anyone who did me, my home, my People or my realm wrong in the past.
    Would you become more xenophobic then? Care less too about fromer horde race allies too? I mean, orcs did at one point try to destroy Quel'thalas, and it was undead that desecrated it, now you dn't have to be friendly or like horde races, would your interaction change? or would you just be indifferent.

My night elf will make whatever deals and cross whatever lines she must to get actual revenge for Teldrassil. Whatever is left of her after that will probably be in favor of shutting off the kaldorei from the world, since we were better off before all these other shits crossed the ocean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    [*]I prefer the current faction restrictions that exist for elves. (i.e. thalassians on the horde, night elves on the alliance)
    Side note: current factions each have a Thalassian race, and kind of have a night elf race (I consider the Nightborne to be only a slight offshoot from the kal'dorei.)
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I haven’t played an elf since cata but my old hunter would stay true blue and and horde killing, I played him as a PvP toon and he wouldn’t be switching sides or making any peace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    My night elf will make whatever deals and cross whatever lines she must to get actual revenge for Teldrassil. Whatever is left of her after that will probably be in favor of shutting off the kaldorei from the world, since we were better off before all these other shits crossed the ocean.
    Kill them all let thrall sort em out...........then kill thrall.

Night elf - want strong independence. Alliance is constantly concerned with BS and lets night elves take all the hits, they don't help. Horde are the enemy. Independent faction it is.

KALIMDOR IS OURS, ***ERS.

OK, we'll let some tauren live there, but only as an exception and no guests allowed.

Orgrimmar should be destroyed to a stone, we'll have a forest there.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Where is the "My Void Elf would pledge their loyalty to the One True God N'Zoth" option?
    N'Zoth only? I mean all the Old gods have their strength and weaknesses. I mean our "Lord and Savior Yogg-Saron" would have a huge following too. I know My Void Elf would happily follow Yogg-Saron!

I would totally rock Dryad if it were an option, now there is the perfect Druid race.... MAKE IT HAPPEN BLIZZARD!!!

5+ Year Old Account
    I would remain as a Blood elf and be open to relationships with the Alliance.

However, he would still try to attack any Void elf and relations with High elves would be kinda hostile.

My NE would seek vengeance on the horde and all its races no matter my allegiance

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    N'Zoth only? I mean all the Old gods have their strength and weaknesses. I mean our "Lord and Savior Yogg-Saron" would have a huge following too. I know My Void Elf would happily follow Yogg-Saron!

I would totally rock Dryad if it were an option, now there is the perfect Druid race.... MAKE IT HAPPEN BLIZZARD!!!
    I instinctively said N'Zoth beacuse he is the only Old God left doing things. All the others are dead or anyway inactive.

15+ Year Old Account
    I instinctively said N'Zoth beacuse he is the only Old God left doing things. All the others are dead or anyway inactive.
    Don't think they can be killed without harming the worldsoul.
    Maybe if we kill the worldsoul we can save the planet..?

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Don't think they can be killed without harming the worldsoul.
    Maybe if we kill the worldsoul we can save the planet..?
    Hence why I also said inactive, because even if they are alive, they aren't doing anything.

Ah, I always thought it was another case of "Not dead, just fought back" like they've always said with some of the more "OP" bosses. I mean if Heroes of the Storm has taught us anything, it's Dead does not mean dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a Thalassian patriot. I always play my blood elves as loyal to Quel'Thalas first (and deeply sympathetic towards Sylvanas, perhaps making them more tolerant of her than they should be) and then loyal to the Horde second.

My main blood elf - a hunter who I think of as a Farstrider - definitely puts Quel'Thalas first and considers the prosperity and safety of the Sin'dorei as paramount. But, he has fought along side the other races of the Horde for a long time now. They've helped him take revenge against the Lich King, stave off the Cataclysm and send the Burning Legion packing. He has a lot of respect for his comrades in the Horde.
    Being a Farstrider, he loves being out in nature, so I imagine that he has a soft spot for tauren and has maybe even spent some time swapping wisdom with tauren huntsman on the Mulgore plains.

However, if Quel'Thalas and the Horde ever came into conflict, my blood elves would always put Silvermoon first.

I've never been interested in the perpetuation of the faction war and by extension my characters aren't either. My blood elves will always be thankful to the Draenei for their help in the reclamation and cleansing of the Sunwell.

On the Alliance side, even my void elves would do everything they could to avoid impacting Quel'Thalas negatively.
    Last edited by Thalassian Bob; 2019-07-09 at 03:09 PM.

FOR THE HORDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made my only BE as a female hunter trying to make her the most Sylvannas-like I can (and her transmog goes that way), so she is not going alliance ever.
    I made my Nightborne only for the sake of having one toon of each race, but Im a fucking resentful guy, so I will never join anywere close to were Tyrande is.

No my Wood elf i am currently playing in D & D will still maintain her alignments that doing damage to the group thru friendly fire is ok if the overall outcome is for the benefit of the ultimate goal. And since she is Druid/Cleric multiclassing i get to heal it up anyway.

But as for Wow no we dont need more elfs in the game unless they get some cool looking Drow elfs in the game