Thread: About sco tweet

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Pretty much killed that event for me, personally. Ugh.
    That’s okay

It's really incredibly pathetic how many people are in here to try and defend Red Bull, a subsidiary of the Coca Cola Corporation, just because they don't like Method the guild for "reasons".

Here are the facts: Red Bull wants to do their own event, this means they do not want to simple sponsor someone else's anymore. Whether Method's decision to back out of it it has to do about money is irrelevant, as if Method are bad guys for trying to make money. If they didn't make money in some fashion from the game they couldn't do this in the first place.

I find it amusing that people are so incensed about this. Method is a for-profit. Red Bull is a for-profit. They didn't reach what they thought is a beneficial agreement. They parted ways.

Now, just because they parted ways doesn't mean they don't still recognize value in organizing an RWF-style event. So both companies are. It's really that simple.

Stop looking for a moral high ground here, as there is none. Neither of the two parties' first concern is the community, not really anyway—just to the extent that is required to make this a successful venture. It just plays well into Method's side of the story with them being a part of it. Doesn't mean they have some divine right to act as the Guardian of the RWF. Doesn't mean they or Red Bull can't or shouldn't try to be.

My first take was that it must be a ruse to drive hype for both events. The twitlonger that Sco posted is.. Unprofessional at best. There's no way it can be real right?

This could actually hurt the Method brand if they don't tread carefully in the future. Shortsighted and tilted "press release".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amali1232 View Post
    I find it amusing that people are so incensed about this. Method is a for-profit. Red Bull is a for-profit. They didn't reach what they thought is a beneficial agreement. They parted ways.

Now, just because they parted ways doesn't mean they don't still recognize value in organizing an RWF-style event. So both companies are. It's really that simple.

Stop looking for a moral high ground here, as there is none. Neither of the two parties' first concern is the community, not really anyway—just to the extent that is required to make this a successful venture. It just plays well into Method's side of the story with them being a part of it. Doesn't mean they have some divine right to act as the Guardian of the RWF. Doesn't mean they or Red Bull can't or shouldn't try to be.
    Yea i agree. But one side also outed Red Bulls event and basically called them scumbags in the most unprofessional post of 2019.

i understand that method wants to be their own boss so to speak. but i also think they might be out of their depth on how these things normally work.

or maybe they do know what they are doing and think they are big enough to not have to rely on a big outside investor.

for the communities sake i hope it's the latter. time will tell.

Good, Method deserves all the crap in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    It's really incredibly pathetic how many people are in here to try and defend Red Bull, a subsidiary of the Coca Cola Corporation, just because they don't like Method the guild for "reasons".
    Red Bull is not a subsidiary of the Coca Cola Corporation(which hasn't even existed since the early 1900s mate, that's not even the formal name of Coke lol...). You would think people would fact check before posting shit like this lmao. Red Bull is a GmbH, or in other worlds basically the equivalent of a private limited company in most non Austria/Germany countries.

Here I'll even edit in some links to help you out...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...a-Cola_Company
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull_GmbH
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-07-09 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Pretty much killed that event for me, personally. Ugh.
    Show me on the doll where Preach touched you.

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1squj86

So, what are your toughs here?

After seeing method post about their streaming, looks very clear they got pissed off because red bull tried to do the same thing they were thinking, and probably making then loss money.

Also, they said theres going to be chinese guilds there. Did they had to buy europe accs for then or blizz now making reset for china the same as europe?
    The post is childish and in poor taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1squj86

So, what are your toughs here?

After seeing method post about their streaming, looks very clear they got pissed off because red bull tried to do the same thing they were thinking, and probably making then loss money.

Also, they said theres going to be chinese guilds there. Did they had to buy europe accs for then or blizz now making reset for china the same as europe?
    the image linked in the twitlonger that is "prove" that red bull planned their own event, looks like a 5 min photoshop. the 2 guys are not even related to wow. they are famous dota2 casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kor View Post
    Show me on the doll where Preach touched you.
    10/10 bants

Method continues to be petty. This attention is GOOD for the world first and being able to support more guilds is even better.

More money to support more guilds is good for the World First Race. Now guilds have more incentive to put all this time into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    Method continues to be petty. This attention is GOOD for the world first and being able to support more guilds is even better.

More money to support more guilds is good for the World First Race. Now guilds have more incentive to put all this time into it.
    You didn't really read the OP, did you?

- Method itself had no partnership nor received any direct compensation from Red Bull. The RWF live stream channel was the only way to interact with the viewers and to bring on sponsors. If we handed off the live stream to Red Bull then we wouldn’t be able to compensate the players that compete in the RWF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I love sco and friends 100%

I back them fully, even if I'm biased due to finances locked into RB, tbh, I fully back whatever choice MethodGG decides

Overall: it's a game, and Method has to decide whats best for them - RB will continue making hand over fist money, and it doesn't matter what choice is made as long as both teams continue moving forward, and continue being successful

BigUp to the Method Family

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I love sco and friends 100%

I back them fully, even if I'm biased due to finances locked into RB, tbh, I fully back whatever choice MethodGG decides

Overall: it's a game, and Method has to decide whats best for them - RB will continue making hand over fist money, and it doesn't matter what choice is made as long as both teams continue moving forward, and continue being successful

BigUp to the Method Family
    The issue isn't that Red Bull and Method aren't cooperating anymore. Its the attempt to paint Red Bull as some great enemy that would take the world first race away from the community.
    Which is utter bullshit.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You didn't really read the OP, did you?

- Method itself had no partnership nor received any direct compensation from Red Bull. The RWF live stream channel was the only way to interact with the viewers and to bring on sponsors. If we handed off the live stream to Red Bull then we wouldn’t be able to compensate the players that compete in the RWF.
    wasnt their agreement just streaming in redbull arena or something with redbull goods everywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    The Chinese lock outs was only during MoP with 3 days and increased ilvl. They're now and have been for sometime on the same schedule and loot drops. However, the're reset is 1 day after EU iirc which isn't the end of the world.
    i heard somewhere that chinese bonus rolls are always successful because of gambling laws. could be just a rumor tho

Quote Originally Posted by youswas View Post
    i heard somewhere that chinese bonus rolls are always successful because of gambling laws. could be just a rumor tho
    i think its still in place.
    The chinese government back in 2017 applied the rule that all "gamble" items in mmorpgs should have the % chance of getting the loot publicly. Atleast back in the days Blizzard simplified by giving 100% chance to bonus rolls.

Still not sure how it is at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Saying NO to red bull is always a good thing.
    ooookay? lotta people talking out of their butts in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by youswas View Post
    ooookay? lotta people talking out of their butts in this thread
    People literally die to promote Red Bull, also just take a look at what they do with their various football clubs (circumventing rules to transfer players between clubs). There are enough reasons to say no to rb.