View Poll Results: Will the US Balkanize?

Voters
40. This poll is closed
  • Yes

4 10.00%
  • No

29 72.50%
  • Possible

7 17.50%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Lmao, no, you won't. Only if you go out of your way to make yourself a nuisance. You'd receive a lot of leniency in how you can behave because you're not Korean, if you moved here.
    I should visit then!
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    When* they become a minority.

And since the vast majority of racists in America are white, the answer is no.
    Covered this in a past thread, but the idea that white people are becoming a minority is a little misleading. White Hispanics (which is to say, Hispanics of majority European ancestry) have actually been increasing the white population in America. As time passes, more and more Hispanics are starting to identify as white and assimilate into the contemporary Anglo-American cultural sphere. A similar thing happened when a lot of Eastern and Southern Europeans moved to the US, they initially segregated themselves in their own enclaves before gradually assimilating and putting less emphasis on their ethnic identity.

So, will German-, English-, Italian- and Welsh-Americans be a minority? Probably, but the future of America won't look all that different either way. You're still going to see pale faced people with straight noses and light eyes that consider themselves to be white as the majority in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    I should visit then!
    I've been to over 50 different countries, and I think I felt welcomed in most of them. Well, not all of them when I was part of the military.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Covered this in a past thread, but the idea that white people are becoming a minority is a little misleading. White Hispanics (which is to say, Hispanics of majority European ancestry) have actually been increasing the white population in America. As time passes, more and more Hispanics are starting to identify as white and assimilate into the contemporary Anglo-American cultural sphere. A similar thing happened when a lot of Eastern and Southern Europeans moved to the US, they initially segregated themselves in their own enclaves before gradually assimilating and putting less emphasis on their ethnic identity.

So, will German-, English-, Italian- and Welsh-Americans be a minority? Probably, but the future of America won't look all that different either way. You're still going to see pale faced people with straight noses and light eyes that consider themselves to be white as the majority in the country.
    The issue is that the "white identitarians" don't actually see it that way. They have made it clear that whiteness is very clearly based in European roots, without any stopovers in Latin America first. It's not so much as what people identify themselves as (like white Hispanics), but rather what those other groups are willing to accept.

I met a white nationalist who was Lebanese (yes, it was odd to me, as well), and he was super pissed. He was angry that he was denied entry into a white identitarian group, because he wasn't white enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Some of these folks are salivating at the idea of whites becoming a minority in the US. Its rather fascinating.
    It’s even more telling that they openly brag about turning America brown and then chastise white people that oppose it. They’ve completely hijacked and misrepresented what racism and bigotry are in order to shield their racist beliefs from being exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I've been to over 50 different countries, and I think I felt welcomed in most of them. Well, not all of them when I was part of the military.

- - - Updated - - -

The issue is that the "white identitarians" don't actually see it that way. They have made it clear that whiteness is very clearly based in European roots, without any stopovers in Latin America first. It's not so much as what people identify themselves as (like white Hispanics), but rather what those other groups are willing to accept.

I met a white nationalist who was Lebanese (yes, it was odd to me, as well), and he was super pissed. He was angry that he was denied entry into a white identitarian group, because he wasn't white enough.
    True, although I think that there is some group variation. I remember there was one white nationalist Youtuber who was half-Coptic Egyptian and identified as a white nationalist and was largely accepted as one. There's also a half-Persian guy who was allied to Richard Spencer and considered Iranian culture to be a greater part of "white civilization".

They're very willing to ignore inconsistences within their beliefs, which is probably how their ideology works so well at recruiting people.

Quote Originally Posted by breslin View Post
    It’s even more telling that they openly brag about turning America brown and then chastise white people that oppose it. They’ve completely hijacked and misrepresented what racism and bigotry are in order to shield their racist beliefs from being exposed.
    This is little more than pandering to fear of white genocide. It's pretty standard behavior for white nationalists.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Given that turning America brown is though either mix race couples or immigration people who tend to oppose it don’t tend to have sound arguments.

True, although I think that there is some group variation. I remember there was one white nationalist Youtuber who was half-Coptic Egyptian and identified as a white nationalist and was largely accepted as one. There's also a half-Persian guy who was allied to Richard Spencer and considered Iranian culture to be a greater part of "white civilization".

They're very willing to ignore inconsistences within their beliefs, which is probably how their ideology works so well at recruiting people.
    Oh, sure, that's how they try to play off that they aren't actually racist. In reality a lot of those identitarian groups are really just anti-Islam, anti-Arab, or anti-African groups. The Proud Boys are a great example of that.

They will point to a member who is part Chinese, and say, "See, we're not racist, we have diversity." Nobody is actually buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Given that turning America brown is though either mix race couples or immigration people who tend to oppose it don’t tend to have sound arguments.
    I think the demographic future of America will probably be a lot like Brazil. Very ethnically mixed, but with people still having broad identities.

Historically biracial people (mulattos) have largely been identified with being closer to being black, but that's actually been changing and a lot more of my fellow yellows are starting to identify more with both sides, with a few self-identifying as white.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2019-07-09 at 06:51 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think the demographic future of America will probably be a lot like Brazil. Very ethnically mixed, but with people still having broad identities.

Historically biracial people (mulattos) have largely been identified with being closer to being black, but that's actually been changing and a lot more of my fellow yellows are starting to identify more with both sides, with a few self-identifying as white.
    Ya this seems like the most likely outcome.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You can sit here and argue your truth and say the republicans are dumb or it'll never happen but this is where we are. But I don't see balkanization. It'll be more like the left gets wiped out, loses, and those left alive will be allowed to leave for Canada or South America or something, they just can't stay HERE.
    Time to abandon the cities and urban areas and america can go back to being the greatest, most technological 1930's Iowa had to offer.

Again, I'm going to ask if you have read up on analysts predictions of civil war in the near future for the US? You keep ignoring that and just saying I'm deluded. Why do you want to not discuss this? Is it because you WANT civil war?
    Do YOU want a civil war because you obsessively post about it happening if the Democrats win.

You say Democrats are evil in the eyes of Republicans and the Republicans are basically going to wipe our the Democrats so do you support them doing that?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Probably. All that holds any sense of tension back in the past was the seemingly, incorrectly believed, boundless prosperity and the ability to make win-win deals for everyone. We now live in the age of zero sum and spoils. Plus there will be no clear ethnic majority in the country and coalitions that currently exist are united only in a general hope of looting and getting the goods from the current majority once they can electorally do so. But once that unifying enemy to hate is gone, the whole thing will turn inward.

America is a land whose only purpose is wealth, wealth which is in ever shorter supply and detrimental to the environment. With no real common thread to hold it together people will turn on one another. Unless you are Mormon you really have no enchanted view of America, or no reason to have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

We have the Washington Post taking civil war seriously.
    We have university professors taking civil war seriously.
    We have former cabinet members like Robert Reich taking civil war seriously.
    We have Stanford University taking civil seriously.

Nevermind, ignore all of that, just call Kokolums crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

On April 5th, 2019, Ray Dalio (billionare founder of the worlds largest hedge fund) warned that Capitalism is flawed and that the wealth disparity and values disparity can often lead to revolutions.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...t-s-only-april

"Disparity in wealth, especially when accompanied by disparity in values, leads to increasing conflict and, in the government, that manifests itself in the form of populism of the left and populism of the right and often in revolutions of one sort or another."

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.yahoo.com/news/christian...060007211.html

Prominent figures on the Christian right in the US ranging from religious magazines to authors to elected politicians have warned that the fight over abortion rights could lead to a new civil war. Though such dire predictions are not necessarily new on the extreme right wing in the US

Journalist Robert Evans hosts the breakout podcast It Could Happen Here, which canvases scenarios for a new American civil war.

He said that the Christian right “generate a lot of the extremist language in mainstream politics”, but that “there’s more talk about violent insurrection from the white nationalist right than the Christian right, because there’s less faith in politics”.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-...here-30717896/
    A civil war would destroy whatever prosperity that the Right thinks they will gain from it right away. While i think there are some groups who want or prepare for one ( Just look at all the lol prepper channels on youtube ) if that happened i doubt the right would get such a ground swell of support to make a meaningful dent in the overall narrative of the nation. If by chance they did and that is a very large if the majority of the tech/business leaders would flee and relocate ( Speaking of the finance system we would all relocate hurting banking further ). This is why assuming that protectionism will work is stupid at best and self inflicted pain at worst. This sort of thing could have been successful before information traveled faster then humans do when the narrative could be shaped in a specific way akin to your earlier quote about the winners make the history nonsense.

While the Christians do have more power then my own faith group the ones wishing upon the end times are far fewer in number then the norm. They also would turn against any horrible action to disrupt the life of the nation. I am also having a hard time believing that our very own armed forces would fire upon the people they are charged to protect. I can see perhaps a gurellia style hit and run type of disruption but that would not breed them more followers it would only make more people hate them. The biggest problem with the Civil War 2 idea is that no centralized figure is willing to claim it. Much like ANTIFA there is no leader of said group and it would fall apart before direction was given.

Remember your Verizon and AT&T thread? About how I was suspicious about you posting in good faith or not? Post like this are why.

15+ Year Old Account
    As our political system becomes more racially entrenched and any form of nationalism being quashed as evil is the US moving towards Balkanization in your opinion? If Balkanization happens will it happen peacefully?

Do you think President Trump is

A. Unnecessarily inflaming racial divisions
    or
    B. Logically responding the repression of white identity in a historically white country?

What do you hope to see for the future and what politicians/policies would you like to see to have these ethnic tensions be quashed?
    No, since any white ethnonationalist country would be an economic loser, and any semblance of quality of life would leave with it. So like any other conservative policy plank since this country's founding, it should be marginalized and shamed into the dustbin of history. The only path forward for the US to fight against Chinese challenges to US hegemony is through continental union's between North, Central, and South America, as well as leading in the largest public investment program in Africa in human history to isolate and gain even more economic leverage over China, which means we will have to partner with brown and black people, sorry conservative pieces of shit, it doesnt look like the future has time to waste with your bullshit policy prescriptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open-ended program of procreative racial deconstruction. Everybody just gotta keep f***in' everybody 'til they're all the same color.
    ~~Bullworth

The democrats and the left are basically screwed. If the right revolted TODAY, they would win and remove the left. The right just doesn't realize that yet. Eventually they will figure it out though.
    What an utterly moronic thing to say...

It’s easy enough to split the country when it’s just about picking A or B on a ballot, but you’d have to be pretty stupid to think that either “the left” or “the right” could, or even would want to, rally for a nation wide, violent uprising. Both sides have their extremists, but they’re pretty much insignificant, only really finding a voice thanks to our 24/7 sensationalism focused media.

No, there won’t be a civil war. Get your head out of your ass.

The democrats and the left are basically screwed. If the right revolted TODAY, they would win and remove the left. The right just doesn't realize that yet. Eventually they will figure it out though.
    Wow, that is an amazingly ignorant thing to say. You really don't understand the social-political situation today do you? Your words remind me of "Keep your damn government hands off of my Medicare."
    The right is already fairly revolting...but rebelling? Never happen until they can figure out how to actually get a state to secede from the union. And they all love that federal money for that to ever occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    No, since any white ethnonationalist country would be an economic loser, and any semblance of quality of life would leave with it. So like any other conservative policy plank since this country's founding, it should be marginalized and shamed into the dustbin of history. The only path forward for the US to fight against Chinese challenges to US hegemony is through continental union's between North, Central, and South America, as well as leading in the largest public investment program in Africa in human history to isolate and gain even more economic leverage over China, which means we will have to partner with brown and black people, sorry conservative pieces of shit, it doesnt look like the future has time to waste with your bullshit policy prescriptions.
    What makes you think we are talking about a White Ethnostate? The US has always been a mix of ethnicities that united under a common flag and for the most part common morals. Those morals and patriotism are devoid of skin color, a Mexican immigrant can be just as patriotic of an American as an Irish American. There are also Irish/German/Mexican/Honduran etc. people who do not share our values, but would nevertheless live here as its better than their country. It is those people that we are talking about. Trying to reduce that into quabbling over some lunatic group of 600 idiots that label themselves white nationalists is idiotic.

You can't let people in that openly hate the idea of America regardless of their skin color, and its the duty of the citizens of this country whether they be black/brown/asian or white to push back against domestic anti-American sentiment. If we don't push back against that, you can forget about the Chinese because we won't have a functioning country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    A civil war would destroy whatever prosperity that the Right thinks they will gain from it right away. While i think there are some groups who want or prepare for one ( Just look at all the lol prepper channels on youtube ) if that happened i doubt the right would get such a ground swell of support to make a meaningful dent in the overall narrative of the nation. If by chance they did and that is a very large if the majority of the tech/business leaders would flee and relocate ( Speaking of the finance system we would all relocate hurting banking further ). This is why assuming that protectionism will work is stupid at best and self inflicted pain at worst. This sort of thing could have been successful before information traveled faster then humans do when the narrative could be shaped in a specific way akin to your earlier quote about the winners make the history nonsense.

While the Christians do have more power then my own faith group the ones wishing upon the end times are far fewer in number then the norm. They also would turn against any horrible action to disrupt the life of the nation. I am also having a hard time believing that our very own armed forces would fire upon the people they are charged to protect. I can see perhaps a gurellia style hit and run type of disruption but that would not breed them more followers it would only make more people hate them. The biggest problem with the Civil War 2 idea is that no centralized figure is willing to claim it. Much like ANTIFA there is no leader of said group and it would fall apart before direction was given.
    A civil war would be the end of America, that's why we should do everything in our power to avoid it. Who wins the civil war is irrelevant because they'll just be the best warriors left on the cinder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    All that does, is demonstrate that the majority is currently treating the minority like shit.

Oh, the irony.

If there is a fear of becoming a minority, it's because you inherently believe you are doing the same whilst being in the majority. The "white genocide" fear is nothing more than people afraid of being treated how they want to treat others.
    People wouldn't flee here in caravans if this country was as racist as you suggest, the opposite would occur. There are some that want to punish people today for slavery because the slave owners had the same skin color as them. That's the attitude that's ripping us apart.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    We Americans are too fat and lazy as a whole for any sort of conflict.
    This is probably our saving grace