The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That's the problem with the faction war storyline though, it was never good and never made sense. Not the artifical starting point called Azerite, neither the burning of Teldrassil nor anything that followed. Faction war NEVER made sense and that's why this expansion's storyline/writing has been so inconsistent and bad.
    Azerite. So bad even their attempt to change the story for it sucked.

Can't wait for them to ass-pull a solution to the Azerite problem in 8.3.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    But well... if both Death and Light can bring people back to life, perhaps other natural forces such as the Void can do so as well?
    This.

I have said it many times before, but the powers and abilities of the individual cosmic forces are not excluded from the others.

Light heals and ressurects, but it's also destructive and can raise undead, it creates just as much as it destroys.
    Same exact thing with the void and arcane, fel, life, necromancy and the elements.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Or maybe it just means, that all will see the "truth" or "glory" or w/e. That sentence can have tons of meanings.
    Of course. It's just my personal hunch on it.
    N'zoth's card in hearthstone resurrects minions, i think it could hint at that, even if hearthstone is not canon.

and 8.2.5 seems to be void shit and soyfang rebellion.

Woah!! I didn't notice it! But you actually see N'zoth's eye opening in the cinematic, after the chains break. Only for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That's the problem with the faction war storyline though, it was never good and never made sense. Not the artifical starting point called Azerite, neither the burning of Teldrassil nor anything that followed. Faction war NEVER made sense and that's why this expansion's storyline/writing has been so inconsistent and bad.
    It can be as bad as it wants. I still will not accept Blizz abandoning it by the roadside like a stray dog just because the kiddies didnt love him enough.

A story deserves the ending that was written for it. And the final raid of BfA should be faction war themed. It can have as many tentacles and spooky shadows it wants. But i will stand on this soapbox until my guild is going into the raid and demand that the raid concluded the faction war story.

I don't care how many people you piss off by not giving them the candy NOW instead of later.
    Sylvanas is the final antagonist of BfA, and i will not allow Blizz to sweeten the deal on BfA by compromising that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Azerite. So bad even their attempt to change the story for it sucked.

Can't wait for them to ass-pull a solution to the Azerite problem in 8.3.
    Then you won't ever be satisfied.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Then you won't ever be satisfied.
    He won't be indeed.
    However he won't be because the story is unsatisfying and terrible.

This isn't a story standards issue.

Formerly known as Arafal

Told you so.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    He won't be indeed.
    However he won't be because the story is unsatisfying and terrible.

This isn't a story standards issue.
    No it isn't, it just doesn't give us all the answers right away and people demanding "NAO" isn't going to give it any faster.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You know I thought I heard that.

And that, plus people thinking she died, made me realize something very concerning.

Is N'Zoth tied to Undeath?
    Well if we look at the hearthstone card effect for Nzoth (I know not the best source out there but still humor me). Then yes Nzoth does have a history with undeath. Also I guess we could use Xavius as another example of him rezing someone or hell even Aszhara kindof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No it isn't, it just doesn't give us all the answers right away and people demanding "NAO" isn't going to give it any faster.
    Nah it's more that the story was built on a terrible foundation that was Azerite, and everything has just rotted on the vine from there. Teldrassil, the War, Azshara.

I still say the leveling storylines on KT and Zandalar are the best storylines in this expansion? And you know why? Because you can close your eyes and pretend Azerite doesn't exist, Teldrassil didn't burn, Sylvanas didn't go full overt villain. It can just be an expansion about Old Gods, Shadowlands, and the two factions hard staring each other down across an ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It can be as bad as it wants. I still will not accept Blizz abandoning it by the roadside like a stray dog just because the kiddies didnt love him enough.

A story deserves the ending that was written for it. And the final raid of BfA should be faction war themed. It can have as many tentacles and spooky shadows it wants. But i will stand on this soapbox until my guild is going into the raid and demand that the raid concluded the faction war story.

I don't care how many people you piss off by not giving them the candy NOW instead of later.
    Sylvanas is the final antagonist of BfA, and i will not allow Blizz to sweeten the deal on BfA by compromising that.
    Arbitrary faction war garbage is wank.

That was a very disappointing raid cinematic compared to previous offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Arbitrary faction war garbage is wank.
    Still better than arbitrarily pivoting to N'zoth in 8.3 and wasting a second perfectly good expansion plot.

The sotyr of BfA is bad and all over the place. But that does not mean you staple on the ending to a different plot. It means you knuckle down, get through it and start work on a different expansion later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Still better than arbitrarily pivoting to N'zoth in 8.3
    Have you been paying attention to BfA at all?
    Faction war is the secondary, shoehorned in element in this story, not N'zoth and Azshara. They can easily cut SoO 2.0 out of the expansion and make plenty of people happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Faction war is the secondary, shoehorned in element in this story, not N'zoth and Azshara. They can easily cut SoO 2.0 out of the expansion and make plenty of people happy.
    I'm gonna argue they can't easily cut it out at this point. That ship sailed the moment Teldrassil burned.

It's a terrible storyline, but once Blizz set out on it there's no going back. What they should have done was never set out on it at all. Don't go full War. Stand on the brink, go Cold War, both sides locked and loaded and now hoarding Azerite.

I'm gonna argue they can't easily cut it out at this point. That ship sailed the moment Teldrassil burned.

It's a terrible storyline, but once Blizz set out on it there's no going back. What they should have done was never set out on it at all. Don't go full War. Stand on the brink, go Cold War, both sides locked and loaded and now hoarding Azerite.
    Agreed, they shouldn't have done it, but at this point, they can just have Sylvanas serve N'zoth and die in the middle of the raid and go "well, I guess the scapegoat for all the bad things the Horde did in BfA is now gone so let's pretend to be friends again."

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just imagine being stuck with this amount of lore+content+8.2.5 for an entire half of the year till 8.3 will come out in January-March of 2020. Exciting as fuck.

The cinematic trailer was about Faction war. Did not see much void stuff there.
    Pre-patch was about Faction war. Still no void.
    Opening questline was about Faction war. Still no void.
    War campaign is about faction war. Void shows up barely at all.
    War campaign in 8.2. Void shows up when Jaina mentions how maybe they have to take a break from the faction war to stop the void.

BfA lives and breathes faction war. Void is a secondary theme and nothing about BfA tells me that N'zoth will be the final boss except him being there. Which is pretty much exactly like wondering why noone would believe you if you said that the final boss of Legion would be Azshara. After all, she shows up in Azsuna. And she has been involved with the Legion before. Definitely final boss material.

BfA is about faction war, and i'll be damned before i accept the writers changing the main theme in 8.3 just because the faction war is not being written well.