Poll: Woudl your elf alter his existing allegiance if you could choose?>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post

Side note: current factions each have a Thalassian race, and kind of have a night elf race (I consider the Nightborne to be only a slight offshoot from the kal'dorei.)
    That's true, would you have preferred they kept night elf group on the alliance and all the playable thalassians on the horde? or as it is now in live? or maybe the allied races being mixed?

Ofc, without the horde and alliance interactions would look different. Nightborne though friendly with blood elves could also be friendly with night elves they got on well with in 7.0, and void elves ofc are shown to want to get their blood elf kin out of the horde badly, so they don't hate them. It would binteresting how you would play your toon after

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn the Second View Post
    I'm a Thalassian patriot. I always play my blood elves as loyal to Quel'Thalas first (and deeply sympathetic towards Sylvanas, perhaps making them more tolerant of her than they should be) and then loyal to the Horde second.

My main blood elf - a hunter who I think of as a Farstrider - definitely puts Quel'Thalas first and considers the prosperity and safety of the Sin'dorei as paramount. But, he has fought along side the other races of the Horde for a long time now. They've helped him take revenge against the Lich King, stave off the Cataclysm and send the Burning Legion packing. He has a lot of respect for his comrades in the Horde.
    Being a Farstrider, he loves being out in nature, so I imagine that he has a soft spot for tauren and has maybe even spent some time swapping wisdom with tauren huntsman on the Mulgore plains.

However, if Quel'Thalas and the Horde ever came into conflict, my blood elves would always put Silvermoon first.

I've never been interested in the perpetuation of the faction war and by extension my characters aren't either. My blood elves will always be thankful to the Draenei for their help in the reclamation and cleansing of the Sunwell.

On the Alliance side, even my void elves would do everything they could to avoid impacting Quel'Thalas negatively.
    That's kinda beautiful. I take it you would be open to high elves coming home even if they remain philosophically and ideologically naïve (to you) by remaining in the pre-scourge thalassian ways?

Would you also be friendly to night elves? Would you lump them all in one category since they too have changed ? or would you separate highborne types, like the Shen'dralar and Farondis from druid priest types who were involved in the exile? granted not every blood elf burns with hatred for night elves, but WoT showed us some definitely do very strongly.

my blood elves would all remain blood elves(two of which would despise humans, and the third would be cautious of them), but they would, if possible, choose to only serve quel'thalas instead of the horde as a whole.

Death to the Horde, my nelf would not rest until we have vengeance for Teldrassil. Kill them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Death to the Horde, my nelf would not rest until we have vengeance for Teldrassil. Kill them all.
    But with the horde potentially disbanding.. where would you vengeance be focused? ALl former horde races? or just the individuals or people involved in the war of thorns? or only the races eager to be there like the forsaken, the orcs and the trolls, there were also willing blood elves, goblins and tauren, but those races would have people who would not have been at all keen on or participating willingly in the genocide - would you also hate them? And what about groups that weren't involved at all? Horde pandaren, Nightborne, highmountain were not involved at all, nor were Mag'har

Have you guys ever been dumped before?

Did you go crawling back to your ex when they needed a ride or a bootycall?

When you understand how pathetic that is you will understand why going back to the alliance will never happen and why they are the villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Have you guys ever been dumped before?

Did you go crawling back to your ex when they needed a ride or a bootycall?

When you understand how pathetic that is you will understand why going back to the alliance will never happen and why they are the villains.
    Some people do crawl back to their ex, and end up having a great relationship, with others it happens, but the second time is a total disaster.

Other times it's a comfortable second

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    That's kinda beautiful. I take it you would be open to high elves coming home even if they remain philosophically and ideologically naïve (to you) by remaining in the pre-scourge thalassian ways?

Would you also be friendly to night elves? Would you lump them all in one category since they too have changed ? or would you separate highborne types, like the Shen'dralar and Farondis from druid priest types who were involved in the exile? granted not every blood elf burns with hatred for night elves, but WoT showed us some definitely do very strongly.
    I, like Captain Auric Sunchaser, support the reunification of all the "Children of Silvermoon". I would happily welcome home the high elves who were trapped beyond the Dark Portal at the Allerian Stronghold and other high elves who were unable to return to Quel'Thalas to help rebuild it or perhaps thought it was wiped out.

But, those Fel-green eyes that the blood elves have are a badge of service - a Purple Heart. Those eyes show that those Thalassians were there during Silvermoon's greatest time of need. They stayed or returned to help bring Quel'Thalas back from the brink of annihilation.

I think that if a Thalassian is still a high elf after the events of the Third War, they have some explaining to do if they want to come home. High elves of the Kirin Tor remained loyal to Dalaran, despite the mages allowing Garithos to (attempt to) execute Kael'Thas - their crown prince and former member of the Six - in their city. During the war on the Scourge, Vereesa Windrunner and the Silver Covenant actively attempted to undermine the Sin'dorei anyway they could and gladly took part in Jaina's murderous purge of the Sunreavers. And now Alleria has pledged herself to a faction that is in open war with the Horde and by extension Quel'Thalas.
    At best, I think Alleria, Vereesa and the Silver Covenant should be exiled for life from Quel'Thalas and at worst be tried and executed for high treason.

Other high elves would probably have to be assessed on a case by case basis. Elves like Olisarra the Kind probably stayed in Dalaran because they had to help people in medical emergencies after Archimonde razed the city. I'd let the likes of her return home.

I used to think that perhaps Captain Auric and his elves may have repatriated once they learned that Kael'thas' elves did not represent the majority of surviving blood elves. But, now with Alleria's return, I'm not sure where the loyalties of the Allerian elves lies. Perhaps some came home and others went to be with their former leader in Stormwind when they learned of her return.

Neutral night elves I have no problem with, but those serving Tyrande attempted to attack Quel'Thalas when it was nearly destroyed and showed again during the events in Suramar that they are still openly disdainful of the blood elves and remain stuck with a 10,000 year old grudge.

Neutral characters of all races I have no problem with, but if they are involved in waging war on Quel'Thalas, I'll happily put an arrow in their forehead.

5+ Year Old Account
    I, like Captain Auric Sunchaser, support the reunification of all the "Children of Silvermoon".
    'For blood elf players, Auric joins Lor'themar and Rommath in congratulating the sin'dorei hero who had restored the blade. He states that now is the time to rally behind the bearer of Quel'Delar and avenge the destruction of their lands, referencing the quel'dorei and sin'dorei collectively as the "children of Silvermoon'. AKA Let's kill the Lich King together for vengeance.

Also:

'For non-blood elf members of the Horde and members of the Alliance, Auric is present when Lor'themar attempts to claim Quel'Delar for "its rightful owners." When the blade does not accept the regent lord and hurls him back across the plateau, Rommath holds Auric responsible for this apparent treachery and the Sunwell guardians surround him with weapons drawn. Auric defuses the situation after inferring that Quel'Delar decides upon its owner, and not the other way around, citing Lor'themar's foolishness as the reason behind his injuries. Rommath grudgingly calls his guards off, though warns Auric to watch his tongue in this holy place.'

Also don't forget what the -current- situation is:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Auric%27s_Angels

I'm sick to see the exact same bullshit about the Quel'delar quest spread like that, you are not the only one saying that it means a reunification. If it meant reunification we would have seen it come to something tangible, that wasn't, even back then, it was a 'working together' situation exactly like Horde and Alliance (Literally a Horde and Alliance 'working together') but instead of 'For Azeroth' this is 'For Quel'thalas'.
    Last edited by Aldo Hawk; 2019-07-09 at 09:34 PM.

I don't care about lore, just about looks. What should I pick?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    I don't care about lore, just about looks. What should I pick?
    Blood elves of course. It's the best option of any.

Or, if by any twisted and crazy reason you don't like them... Nightborne.

If you also don't like these, just get away from me and don't direct a word towards me anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    'For blood elf players, Auric joins Lor'themar and Rommath in congratulating the sin'dorei hero who had restored the blade. He states that now is the time to rally behind the bearer of Quel'Delar and avenge the destruction of their lands, referencing the quel'dorei and sin'dorei collectively as the "children of Silvermoon'. AKA Let's kill the Lich King together for vengeance.

Also:

'For non-blood elf members of the Horde and members of the Alliance, Auric is present when Lor'themar attempts to claim Quel'Delar for "its rightful owners." When the blade does not accept the regent lord and hurls him back across the plateau, Rommath holds Auric responsible for this apparent treachery and the Sunwell guardians surround him with weapons drawn. Auric defuses the situation after inferring that Quel'Delar decides upon its owner, and not the other way around, citing Lor'themar's foolishness as the reason behind his injuries. Rommath grudgingly calls his guards off, though warns Auric to watch his tongue in this holy place.'

Also don't forget what the -current- situation is:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Auric%27s_Angels

I'm sick to see the exact same bullshit about the Quel'delar quest spread like that, you are not the only one saying that it means a reunification. If it meant reunification we would have seen it come to something tangible, that wasn't, even back then, it was a 'working together' situation exactly like Horde and Alliance (Literally a Horde and Alliance 'working together') but instead of 'For Azeroth' this is 'For Quel'thalas'.
    Two different scenarios based on different player-characters. Which version one chooses to take as true is up to the individual. I prefer to take the one that is more optimistic about the future.

Silvermoon hasn't had a meaningful update in over a decade. You have no idea what the political situation there is regarding the reintegration of some of the non-Sin'dorei Thalassians. Neither do I. But there are many Thalassians who want to see the various children of Silvermoon come together. Alleria, Umbric and (presumably) Halduron being fairly prominent examples.

For someone who has, "For Silvermoon, for the Horde!", in their signature, you seem very intent on seeing Thalassians being hostile to each other, rather than trying to mend old wounds.

And the name of Auric's Angels may imply that the captain himself may still be loyal to the Alliance over Silvermoon (something I said may be the case), but considering the name seems to have come about as jokey label for a team of all high elves (which they later changed to a high elf, night elf and human) in the island expeditions, I'm not in a rush to take it as absolute gospel.

Auric might be like Alleria and Umbric, wanting to be loyal to Quel'Thalas, but needing it to be out of the Horde first. He's a veteran of the Second War after all. He got to see first hand what some orcs and trolls did to is homeland all those years ago.

5+ Year Old Account
    Two different scenarios based on different player-characters. Which version one chooses to take as true is up to the individual. I prefer to take the one that is more optimistic about the future.
    It's another perspective that doesn't change the end result that much. The divide is still there and even taking the quest in it's own bubble and the version you want to take as the good one it doesn't end up saying they are going to reunite.

As I said, it's a common goal they share because they share a past about something that affected both of them. It's the exact same narrative as when Alliance and Horde fight together.

Silvermoon hasn't had a meaningful update in over a decade. You have no idea what the political situation there is regarding the reintegration of some of the non-Sin'dorei Thalassians. Neither do I. But there are many Thalassians who want to see the various children of Silvermoon come together. Alleria, Umbric and (presumably) Halduron being fairly prominent examples.
    I have an idea about it, and almost any appearance of these two have continued the same narrative. I don't know about Halduron, but Alleria and Umbric, just like Vereesa, want to reunite all their people. In the Alliance. Do you see the problem now?

For someone who has, "For Silvermoon, for the Horde!", in their signature, you seem very intent on seeing Thalassians being hostile to each other, rather than trying to mend old wounds.
    What does this has to do with anything? I'm just pointing that it isn't what you claim it to be.

And the name of Auric's Angels may imply that the captain himself may still be loyal to the Alliance over Silvermoon (something I said may be the case), but considering the name seems to have come about as jokey label for a team of all high elves (which they later changed to a high elf, night elf and human) in the island expeditions, I'm not in a rush to take it as absolute gospel.
    It's still an Alliance team with a High elf on it in the name of Auric. Anyone can draw a similar conclusion.

Auric might be like Alleria and Umbric, wanting to be loyal to Quel'Thalas, but needing it to be out of the Horde first. He's a veteran of the Second War after all. He got to see first hand what some orcs and trolls did to is homeland all those years ago.
    Then why are you discussing it?

Look, it's simple. Your interpretation of the Quel'delar quest is not related with the things that happened there. You may want it to be the way you said. But it isn't.

My nelf doesn't give a shit about any other race besides his own. He'll work with druids of other races when necessary, but that's it. In character, he's never even been to EK.

- - - Updated - - -

Blood elves of course. It's the best option of any.

Or, if by any twisted and crazy reason you don't like them... Nightborne.

If you also don't like these, just get away from me and don't direct a word towards me anymore.
    Nightborne are just scuffed kaldorei, play the original instead B)
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

the factions are going to dissolve! my loyalty is with the united kingdom of quelthalas-suramar

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, it's simple. Your interpretation of the Quel'delar quest is not related with the things that happened there. You may want it to be the way you said. But it isn't.
    I don't think it's simple. I think you're being overly-simplistic and binary in your thinking. The divide is still there between some groups, absolutely. As it should be. Vereesa and the Silver Covenant should never be allowed back into Quel'Thalas, for example. But, the fact that high elf pilgrimages were allowed into the Sunwell right up until Alleria's visit shows that some relations, however tenuous, had been rekindled between the various children of Silvermoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Naramag View Post
    My blood elf would be a blood elf and that's the end. Other races would not matter to him, he would still hold his grudge against the alliance for their treachery and would kill any void elf on sight. He would not care about night elves unless they come begging for forgiveness. He would accept nightborne as familiar spirits but keep his focus on the welfare of his people and his homeland.

If possible, close the gates to Quel'thalas again, let the world do what it does and live in peace.
    I'd join you in this course of action.

I don't think it's simple. I think you're being overly-simplistic and binary in your thinking. The divide is still there between some groups, absolutely. As it should be. Vereesa and the Silver Covenant should never be allowed back into Quel'Thalas, for example. But, the fact that high elf pilgrimages were allowed into the Sunwell right up until Alleria's visit shows that some relations, however tenuous, had been rekindled between the various children of Silvermoon.
    I like your thinking, but I would say this, if the blood elves could ally with the horde, they can mend fences with the the Silver Covenant and nighte lves, although it hink it would be better writing if the story forced them to it. One interesting way they wcould be forced ot it is if the BFA war actually culminated in Quel'thalas instead, and the void and highe lves were leading the alliance to claim back, and the horde helping hte blood elves.. but the fighting was so intense the sunwell started destabilising because of it.. and that's the one thing all Thalassians fear losing more than anything, combined with the fact htey all love their homeland - i think that could force them to impose both a truce and power share but Thalassian elf controlled only. i.e. the High and void elves are the alliance and the blood elves are the horde here, and they both decide that the sunwell is more important htan their fighting and greviances and agree to both make room for each other.. the other alliance races can only access Quel'thalas exclusively by the permission of hte high and void elves, while the horde races can only through the blood elves. Visitors must be approved by a joint coucnil or vouched for by an individual possibly on his life.

There is a strict sanctuary policy, elf killing is prohibited, any race in violation or individual in violation of this is held accountable by all the elves of Quel'thalas.

I think it is only under a condition like this that Silver Covenant High elves and Sunreaver blood elves can actually live there in peace. There is a way blizzard can make Silver Covenants not interested, this is is if they become a group of high elves that have worked to get htemselves separate from the sunwell. However i would not find that very authentic, because of how Thalassian sunwell love was heavily emphasized in their TBC sotry.

if night elf could be on horde, i would be a night elf on horde

I'm starting to like this poster. Quality poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I like your thinking, but I would say this, if the blood elves could ally with the horde, they can mend fences with the the Silver Covenant and nighte lves, although it hink it would be better writing if the story forced them to it. One interesting way they wcould be forced ot it is if the BFA war actually culminated in Quel'thalas instead, and the void and highe lves were leading the alliance to claim back, and the horde helping hte blood elves.. but the fighting was so intense the sunwell started destabilising because of it.. and that's the one thing all Thalassians fear losing more than anything, combined with the fact htey all love their homeland - i think that could force them to impose both a truce and power share but Thalassian elf controlled only. i.e. the High and void elves are the alliance and the blood elves are the horde here, and they both decide that the sunwell is more important htan their fighting and greviances and agree to both make room for each other.. the other alliance races can only access Quel'thalas exclusively by the permission of hte high and void elves, while the horde races can only through the blood elves. Visitors must be approved by a joint coucnil or vouched for by an individual possibly on his life.

There is a strict sanctuary policy, elf killing is prohibited, any race in violation or individual in violation of this is held accountable by all the elves of Quel'thalas.

I think it is only under a condition like this that Silver Covenant High elves and Sunreaver blood elves can actually live there in peace. There is a way blizzard can make Silver Covenants not interested, this is is if they become a group of high elves that have worked to get htemselves separate from the sunwell. However i would not find that very authentic, because of how Thalassian sunwell love was heavily emphasized in their TBC sotry.
    That's an interesting scenario idea. Especially the idea of the sanctuary policy. Could lead to some interesting quests where one side or both get you to break the policy in some clandestine operations.