other old gods are dead. i dont know if chogal comics was retconned or not but, he was trying to res C'Thun. but they only die physically i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    other old gods are dead. i dont know if chogal comics was retconned or not but, he was trying to res C'Thun. but they only die physically i guess.
    Chronicles 3 explained it pretty well, Chogall went to ulduar to release yog during tbc because of us killing cthun.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    So... remember when I said that il'gynoth quote MIGHT be about Azshara and you guys laughed?
    Fuck you. I was right.

kinda bored gonna try out that new sc1 dlc and play some assassins creed.

and this golden gem was grabbed from /v/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    “They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle.”

As I recall, "killing" an Old God as it stands right now mostly involves the Old God simply sleeping for a while, unless of course it dies in a crazy manner like Y'Shaarj.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    All. The way. Through.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post

As I recall, "killing" an Old God as it stands right now mostly involves the Old God simply sleeping for a while, unless of course it dies in a crazy manner like Y'Shaarj.
    They are dead, Yogg even says it himself.
    And so did Blizz.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-07-09 at 11:03 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    at least jaina is a great character. don't come for her. i will 1v1 you.
    Not really though. First she made her mistakes and learned from them/suffered the consequences, now she can do no wrong, just fixes everything she once damaged and acts holier-than-thou towards pretty much everyone because 'muh Theramore'.

There's a clear hand of Golden in this business, to be sure.

Meanwhile, Lor'themar didn't have single cinematic line again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    So... remember when I said that il'gynoth quote MIGHT be about Azshara and you guys laughed?
    Fuck you. I was right.
    Yeah, remember the first two times Azshara died.

>_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, remember the first two times Azshara died.

>_>
    Its not always literal.

Not really though.
    Golden has ALWAYS handled things even when things went horribad for Jaina. She isn't a bad character, she just isn't a stupid fool either blindly going into War when a secondary source of enemies comes around and messes with her people.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its not always literal.

Golden has ALWAYS handled things even when things went horribad for Jaina. She isn't a bad character, she just isn't a stupid fool either blindly going into War when a secondary source of enemies comes around and messes with her people.
    You're giving the Blizzard dojo too much writing credit. A babe at its mom's teet knew back in Legion that King of Diamonds meant Magni. The third death thing is Azeroth, not much else to it.

Again, too much credit. Just because she isn't the usual tool character to ignite a faction war or acknowledge she needs to unite with one foe to defeat another doesn't make her a compelling character.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Ignoring the implication that N'zoth is free. Which has never happened since....well Pre War of the Ancients. Last time an Old God was free was when they first came here. Shit is going to hit the fan soon.
    All of Yogg'Saraon's chains were broken when we faced him, and had been for a good long time - so I disagree that this hasn't happened before. All we saw was N'Zoth finally getting to the point Yogg was at before we even got there.

About the only thing that was interesting is that apparently N'Zoth can bring people back from death, which opens up some possible interesting doors.
    Last edited by MrFiddleswitch; 2019-07-09 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post

kinda bored gonna try out that new sc1 dlc and play some assassins creed.

As a diehard Azshara fan since 2010 I am so sad what a travesty she has been as of now in BfA. Such an awesome character ruined by horrible writing. Maybe she’ll be more intimidating next time, I wouldn’t hold my breath though.

By the way we have no clue if Azshara died and she resurrected her or if she just lost consciousness. Maybe Lorthemar had some smelly feet and she just passed out?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet June Bug View Post
    Meanwhile, Lor'themar didn't have single cinematic line again.
    So, business as usual? lol

This is why I was telling people that 8.2.5 PTR is going to reveal more than what we got with 8.2. They're purposely holding out a lot of the finale of this expansion back and I do not know if it's because there's really some huge changes coming to WoW in 9.0 or there truly isn't a whole lot of actual "story" left for BFA specifically.

Meaning a lot of the rest of BFA's story is just setting up for the next expansion(s) to come.

8.2.5 will most likely have some nice War Campaign story going on, at this point that is more interesting than the already non-twists the whole Azshara/Old God/N'zoth stuff is giving to us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    They named her an equivalent of Gul'Dan.. and I think she is more like him in WoD than in Legion.
    Didn't they also try and make it seem like Sylvanas doesn't burn the tree?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFiddleswitch View Post
    All of Yogg'Saraon's chains were broken when we faced him, and had been for a good long time - so I disagree that this hasn't happened before. All we saw was N'Zoth finally getting to the point Yogg was at before we even got there.

About the only thing that was interesting is that apparently N'Zoth can bring people back from death, which opens up some possible interesting doors.
    No Yogg'Saron was bound to his prison still, his chains were weakened but never destroyed. This is the first time an Old God comes free since forever.

Again, too much credit
    Or you didn't give it enough. Jaina went with pacifist mostly to then eventually wanting to fight back the Horde and some stupid shennigans in Mist cause faction war. At the time of BFA, she doesn't trust the Horde but she's not stupid about it either and she even is able to realize there are good people in the Horde(Baine most of all) and is still going to fight any Horde that are dangerous.

I don't know what else to tell you.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    He didn't say nor imply that.

He said it was lame, which it absolutely is.
    And that it ruined "all the good will and PR they earned" (with the patch).

10+ Year Old Account
    While a lot feel disappointed, let us consider that Azshara is one of the few villains that succeeded, even if it cost her life (temporarily).

Rarely have any big bads in wow fully succeeded. She did her job, she free'd N'zoth.

Gul'dan failed twice in most recent history, Kil'jaedin failed, Sargeras himself failed. Garrosh failed, the thunder king failed, the sha (y'shaarj) failed. Deathwing failed. Ragnaros failed, twice. Archimonde failed, twice. The list goes on and on, Arthas failed, Kel'thuzad failed. Illidan initially failed.

Kael'thas succeeded only for Kil'jaedin to fail.

Very very very few villains ever succeed in azeroth, so it's great to see one succeed for once, even if they died in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Its basically confirmed at this point that this only means that blizzard will bring them back if they want to. But this isn't exclusive to old gods. Being dead doesn't mean anything in wow.
    We recently saw cairne talk with baine because he felt like greeting his son and then disappearing again.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    8.3 second last boss will be old god empowered Azshara.

Because we haven't seen that before.
    I really hope this won’t be the case. I’d even prefer some “Azshara becomes our ally“ bullsh*t than her becoming a simple N‘zoth controlled boss in the next raid.

At least the next time we interact with Azshara maybe Tyrande and Malfurion have the audacity to support us.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-07-10 at 01:42 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They are dead, Yogg even says it himself.
    And so did Blizz.
    Do you know where Blizz said this? Not that I'm doubting, I just haven't been able to find a source through my googling thus far aside from a quote from Xalatath.

As for Yogg saying so (which I assume is his "The shadow of my corpse will choke this land for all eternity." quote), I've always read this more as a rememberance that he won't die. His corpse may be there, but the shadow/spirit of him will always be there, eternal and forever. This in essence is the problem with Old Gods...their version of death doesn't really seem to be the same as ours. If anything, they seem to be just as present in death as in life, which I imagine is in part why the Titans can't seem to just get rid of them. Well, that and doing so absolutely hurts Azeroth.

This then is the difference I see. Yogg and C'Thun were still imprisoned, still attached...but N'Zoth isn't any longer. He's free, but is he still attached? Relatedly, where exactly was his body anyhow?

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Its basically confirmed at this point that this only means that blizzard will bring them back if they want to. But this isn't exclusive to old gods. Being dead doesn't mean anything in wow.
    We recently saw cairne talk with baine because he felt like greeting his son and then disappearing again.
    True dat. Death really does not take it's job that seriously in the World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Yogg said in the evil language was.

"The shadow of my corpse will choke this land for all eternity."

Which seems to imply his death so to speak. Of course it doesn't seem to be affecting Northrend soooo yeah.

Warrior-Magi