Experiances with dark slash?

My luck with 415 residuegear hasnt really been the best, and im stuck with multiple thirsting blade/seething power traits. With what i have dark slash over first blood sounds like a viable option.

Does anyone have experiance with dark slash, and how did you make it work (did it work?)?

Sim it, but i highly doubt darkslash will out perform first blood, you dont really aim for revolving blades anymore so the trait argument is moot (depending on your build you're looking for furious gaze, rtecherous cov, always 1 chaotic transfotmation no matter what, then what ever else you can pick up with those 3).

Very bad Skill.

1. Physical Damage Equal to Demonbite with 20-30 Ressource gain.
    2. Only useful when you choose the Stacking Azerite Trait for Chaos Blade because the damage is amplified but the trait has no Synergy with Demonform because the Stacking damage is not amplified by 30%. The trait itself is rather garbage and Eyebeam scales better damage wise. Maybe useful for Maximum Burst Build but no real DPS because of the nature of the Thirsting Blade trait.

Dark slash doesn't have any synergy overall with any build we are currently using and everything out performs dark slash. There's a reason why no one uses it. Demonic or even demonblades, doesn't go with dark slash. And well, momentum is not bad but also doesn't go with dark slash, overall cycle of hatred and dark slash are pretty useless, first blood will out perform those 2 anytime of the day.

I tend to use it because it's fun, and fun > all.

The best change for Dark Slash is a 100% Chance for Ressource gain and not 40% damage amplifiy for 8 seconds to simulate old legion pooling. So you have Azerit trait synergy with Furios Gaze and Seething Power to stack Agility.

3xSeething Power
    2x Furios Gaze
    1x Chaotic Transformation

Eyebeam with Medicore Damage
    Haste Bonus with Dark Slash for many empowered Chaosstrikes in Demonform to build Agility for 12 Seconds
    Use Meta Reset Eyebeam
    have second empowered Eyebeam because big Agility bonus via Seething Power

Gives more viable Options and maybe a more Single Target Build without Buffing AoE Damage over the top.

15+ Year Old Account
    Demonic build + Dark Slash and min. 3x seething power trait.
    Use dark Slash after eye beam and profit.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Demonic build + Dark Slash and min. 3x seething power trait.
    Use dark Slash after eye beam and profit.
    Profit from what ??!! From a dps loss.. no matter what kibd of combination of talent and gear you use Dark Slash will still be behind First Blood. Sadly that talent has little to no sinergy with the rest of the talents

7+ Year Old Account
    Dark Slash feels too clunky for me.

Or, at least, I do not have enough haste at the moment to get enough Chaos Strikes in during the window of Dark Slash.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    fun for pvp. thats it.
    Indeed And i have proof
    1 Chaos Strike with Blood of the Enemy Essense (and Dark Slash)

Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-07-09 at 07:36 PM.

That's on a Kotmogu orb carrier....

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaJones View Post
    That's on a Kotmogu orb carrier....
    True i had a 30% buff
    But in PvE im doing chaos strikes of 160k sometimes i have no idea how

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...AUVng2TH52gqWh

I got curious and ran a Sim, I took out Demonic ENTIRELY, as it does not synergize well and instead made it synergize with Demonic Appetite, again the more Chaos Strikes your able to do the better within that 8 second window. I also opted for Nemesis instead of Demonic as it gives you a straight 20% boost to all damage for a full minute, and It can sim over 30k DPS not including movement. With Dark Slash having a 20 second CD not including Haste reduction, thats at least 3 DS's you can get off with in that minute time frame. Does it synergize with this version of the build, yes. Is it viable, probably not as the go to specs out perform it by 3 to 4000 DPS more.

Oh real quick, to have a decent go at this build means you may have to sacrifice some Azerite Traits, meaning 3x Thirsting Blades, if you are able to get them.
    Last edited by kaiba1; 2019-07-20 at 01:26 AM.
    Kaiba, Vengeance Incarnate
    Level 120 Demon Hunter - Garona, US
    Havoc Specialization
    Level 31 Hunter - Mankrik, US
    Catch me live on Twitch.tv @Kaiba12