Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Maybe you should have also finished the game.
    Maybe you should actually explain your point instead of wasting our both time with your ridiculous arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wasted a 1 - post burner account on this ? Curious

Further thoughts:

Since the idea of completely merging factions is obviously not a popular one, what if we select a new faction next expansion?

Or what if we already have? What if the basis of the new factions is either pledging allegiance to N’zoth or resisting his influence?

This would both allow players on current factions to play with anyone, as well as make Alliance and Horde racials available to everyone to level the competitive playing field.

In my mind, by toggling warmode off in the open world you are already choosing to play a single faction game, and given its popularity, maybe Blizzard has chosen to move in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by FL4K View Post
    You wasted a 1 - post burner account on this ? Curious
    I've played the game since release and despite lurking on MMO-Champ for many years, I've never been inclined to do any more than that. This is my first account. Sorry that the idea that I tried to share with you wasn't worthy of any real, constructive response.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Outright total merger would cause a lot of problems. The entire game would need a revamp to remove faction-specific content (quests, hubs, etc) and there's a lot of testy lore that needs to be resolved beyond just Anduin and Sylvanas (literally the existence of Void Elves and Nightborne on their respective factions). Oh and War Mode.

More likely we see the line between factions more or less removed. Where you still have your faction, but you can mercenary mode in PvP and PvE, faction tapping may be removed, language barrier would probably be the farthest they'd go.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Nothing more, nothing less.

Factions are the core of the Warcraft universe since the game started to exist.

It's like saying we won't have light and dark sides in the Star Wars universe.
    However in SWTOR, I believe any race can change to dark or light side once you get them high enough on their core side of the force. So yes there is still light and dark side and a LOT of greys in between but they're filled with every race.

I'm not sure if they will get ride of factions altogether, but there does seem to be some sort of shakeup coming. I for one want us to lose in this expansion and lose big. And all of Azeroth blames us and we "blame" each other. I still think there should be an Elf only "faction". The Tauren and half the other horde races haven't belonged in a long time. I can see the Night Elves leaving the Alliance and either joining with their other kin or going back to their post sundering, pre WoW state.

I could also see the Forsaken being their own faction as well seeing as how they have many different races now in their ranks and not just Lordaeron Humans.
    Last edited by Highelf; 2019-07-10 at 06:15 PM.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

I actually think this is a good idea to test the waters if people respond well with some unification project, after all the alliance is lacking in population to do certain activities and the game population in general is getting downhill, so this could be a good move and easy to scrape if people hate this new feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to play the villain for once. And not, BfA Horde doesn't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.