Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is this patch decent or are we starved for content?

I dont know if im happy because its actually decent or is it because 14 months of drought will literally make anything (including WoD) awesome!

Thoughts?

Its always the same with every area patch.

The few consume it asap and dont give a fuck about irrelevant shit, just for the raid, and they farm for that but they dont complain as they always did because its a 2-10h content spread out in a few days/weeks, they will complain in a couple of months about XX unbalanced boss/bad mechanics in Mythic/Curve boss.

The extra consume it a bit slower and also wait for LFR so they dont complain for the first month and they complain after LFR how "What now".

And the majority thinks its god gifts to WoW because "they have so much to do for the next few weeks" when in reality is, as always they are just being slow and bad.

It was decent at the start, until I found out I have to do every damned daily, every damned grind on my characters to be able to play them. I've unsubbed again. Essences should be account wide as should heart of azeroth levels. I want back to MoP/WoD era where you could just jump into the content without being at a huge disadvantage. No stupid heart of azeroth, no stupid essences, no stupid azerite gear. I thought legion was bad but this just amplified the problems that existed in legion.

So, let's see if it's a good patch

- Boring classes
    - Essences not account wide
    - Azerite still not account wide
    - 2 new boring timeless-like zone with daily brainless grind

No, it's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am enjoying the patch a lot personally.

Unlocking flying was nice - been nice doing emissaries much quicker.

Nazjatar is both aesthetically pleasing and adequately dangerous. It's not a great zone for non-flying, but once you unlock that the zone really shines.

Mechagon is a blast for those of us that have never leveled engineering. It's like an island with engineering-light! It's also produced some really fun world PvP, at least on my shard(s).

And I actually really like the essence system - feels like multiple ways I can progress my character to gain niche strengths.

Now, I've said a bunch of positive things about WoW on MMOC, so let the flames fly!
    Kepano the Awakened (Main - Resto Shaman)
    Kepana the Seeker (Alt - Druid)

Although some of the core systems of the expansion (classes pvp gear etc) haven’t been fixed, it is still one of the best patches they have made in years. If your like me who likes dungeons, raids, pvp, quests, collecting mounts/pets pet dungeons, achievement hunting there is a lot to do. With flying it makes levelling Alts easier too so more things to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    It was decent at the start, until I found out I have to do every damned daily, every damned grind on my characters to be able to play them. I've unsubbed again. Essences should be account wide as should heart of azeroth levels. I want back to MoP/WoD era where you could just jump into the content without being at a huge disadvantage. No stupid heart of azeroth, no stupid essences, no stupid azerite gear. I thought legion was bad but this just amplified the problems that existed in legion.
    Then it's not an MMO-RPG. It's just another facebook game.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post

- Boring classes

No, it's not.
    Completely illogical post. You take your lack of ability to enjoy any content to make a objective jugdment if something is good or bad.

There was promised no class changes for this patch. Systems like Azerite or Essences or the similar has never been account wide because the game is not designed around having 20 alts that you need to do mythic raiding with.

Grinding in mmos having always been brainless is all mmos. They are actually making it more varied than ever now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Then it's not an MMO-RPG. It's just another facebook game.
    If I wanted a korean mmo, I'd play a korean mmo. I specifically started playing WoW because I didn't like how grindy other mmos I played were. Now the grind is in WoW too.

- Boring classes

No, it's not.
    Too much has been made account wide over the years, it needs reeling back in.

The main reason i don't like this patch that much is probably because i was spoiled by Legion.

In Legion a patch of this size would mean slightly different paths for all of my characters. Sure, the main "intersections" would be the same, but there would be differences depending on class and role.

Now in BFA everything is EXACTLY the same for everybody. Well, ok...it is different between Alliance and Horde....which i, personally, don't happen to care about a whole lot...but just playing the introduction to Nazjatar+Mechagon three times with 3 characters and everything being EXACTLY the same is just....well...it hurts the experience for me. Just like leveling with only three zones and exactly the same story for every toon hurt that, too.

Legion overcame this 100% sameness. BFA brings it back. And it does not feel good. At all. That's not to say Legion made everything super-exciting and different...it was still ~90% the same....but those 10% that were different mattered to me. And 8.2 reminds me how much.

Having all that said...it's a decent patch. Raiding is still irrelevant without Tier-Sets and nobody will care about it a few weeks from now. M+ is where the focus is and Mechagon seems "ok"...i had honestly expected more from it. Karazhan was better in every way. It was a lot harder, too. Mechagon does have hard-modes, though....but right now i remember clearly how many hours we spent clearing Karazhan the first time and how much we struggled on some bosses....Mechagon was....well...when not playing hard-modes it is not the same level. At all. Not even in the same league.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-07-10 at 11:59 PM.

Great now, 3 weeks... raid logging.. if I am still bothering.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    I dont know if im happy because its actually decent or is it because 14 months of drought will literally make anything (including WoD) awesome!

Thoughts?
    You're saying this is the first new content WoW has had in the last 14 months? I'm confused about what game you're playing.

The veneer of Mechagon wore off almost immediately and Naz was made better by flying, but not by much. The raid is nice though.

Great world content. Hours of content every day not even including the raid and dungeon. Meaningful organic cooperation between players.

Then again, some people just post here to complain, and they will never admit they actually liked something, nor that the patch is good

Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    I am enjoying the patch a lot personally.

Unlocking flying was nice - been nice doing emissaries much quicker.

Nazjatar is both aesthetically pleasing and adequately dangerous. It's not a great zone for non-flying, but once you unlock that the zone really shines.

And I actually really like the essence system - feels like multiple ways I can progress my character to gain niche strengths.

Now, I've said a bunch of positive things about WoW on MMOC, so let the flames fly!
    See this is my problem - Unlocking flying feels nice because now you can complete your chores in game faster - Thats not a good thing. You shouldnt say "i love this new thing in this game, because now i can play the game less, finally!" The fact more ppl dont find this concerning is beyond me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Great world content. Hours of content every day not even including the raid and dungeon. Meaningful organic cooperation between players.

Then again, some people just post here to complain, and they will never admit they actually liked something, nor that the patch is good
    Huh? meaningful organic cooperation between players? what on earth does that mean? are you talking about everyone stacking by a rare spawn then zerging it down in 5 seconds?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Too much has been made account wide over the years, it needs reeling back in.
    What and why?

- - - Updated - - -

- Boring classes

No, it's not.
    Thats it for me really. Its not a bad patch by itself, but considering the overall state of the game, it isnt enough to 'fix' many of the issues i have.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    If I wanted a korean mmo, I'd play a korean mmo. I specifically started playing WoW because I didn't like how grindy other mmos I played were. Now the grind is in WoW too.
    If you think this is grindy, you have never actually played an Asian MMO.

Grinding is part of any MMO, its just a matter of scope. There will always be grinds in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch is OK.

Wasn't starved for anything to do.

I don't play every day. I suspect most people don't.

If you're implying that you can consume content faster than they can make it, well fine. We know that. The alternative is for even more gating than there is now in order for you to not consume it. I'm not really into that either.

Play at your own pace. Unsubscribe if you finish up early. Come back when there's something new to do. Not that complicated.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    See this is my problem - Unlocking flying feels nice because now you can complete your chores in game faster - Thats not a good thing. You shouldnt say "i love this new thing in this game, because now i can play the game less, finally!" The fact more ppl dont find this concerning is beyond me.
    I don't see it quite the same way. I see flying as forcing me to do what I hate less and what I like more for an overall same amount of play. If I can do an extra keystone run or BG instead of wasting time brute forcing myself through herds of meaningless and overly dense mobs, I'm happy.

I do agree it points to a problem though, just not the same problem you're seeing. But I don't really think it's a new problem. Ever since the game came out, mobs in the world that are not connected to a quest or reward have been nothing more than an inconvenience. At least with dungeon trash you feel like they are relevant as part of the dungeon. In the open world they're just annoyances or something to be ignored if you're the right spec and/or geared enough. Obviously just my opinion but that's the way it seems to me.