Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sure it will be tricky at first. When people learn and become more geared it'll be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Thats not what you said at all. You gave the standard know it all response about how its l2p even though you have no experience of the matter at hand.
    Lack of experience with it does not mean I am wrong though. It was explained in the OP * there is a point in between the first and 2nd boss where bringing more than 1 melee would render your key depleted.*

I maybe proved wrong in time, I might not, but I highly doubt that is the case. I did not give a *know it all* response by any stretch, I just said there is more than enough time for melee to move to avoid it. As since has been stated in this post, the add can be nuked in that time and although less than ideal, melee do have time to walk out of it.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think some of them are positioned in a way that you have to go round them unless you can zerg them. I saw a video from Preach where one was sat in the middle of Freehold pit and didn't have any LoS positions. I wouldn't say it looks like that much of a fun affix honestly, like infested and after reaping which was fun. One of those things, people will still do it for the loots.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I feel this incorrect as I have an add-on that tells me how far away an objective is and it takes a 10 count to run 100 yards. 70 yards every 10 seconds is so slow that a fat slob like me can run that. Besides. Even if I am wrong, that is still fast enough for every class to get out. So it is a l2p issue after all.
    A lot of classes have an inherent speed increase as a passive.

Void Emmisaries only have 1.4mil HP at a +10

Assuming your 3 dmg classes can do 22k DPS and your tank/healer can pull 11k dps you will kill the mob before the 2nd cast goes off.

You are meant to face tank the first cast, it will not kill you if you have any decent level of gear. If your only goal is a +10 then you should have no problem killing it before the 2nd cast goes off but if for some reason it does, just pop a defensive. The 2nd cast doesn't do so much dmg that it should be killing any class through a decent defensive.

The only time these guys start to get dicey is in much higher keys where their HP start out scaling dps and you have to survive 3+ casts but coincidentally if you are doing that high of keys the group will have enough coordination to share externals for melee while having the ranged (if any) LoS.

It's funny, cause all melee classes got hit extremely hard with the new affix, classes like warr/monk dps will be the bottom choice once again for m+ and fucking rogues are going to be, once again, top melee pick next to DHs. Welcome pure RDPs runs I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime92 View Post
    It's funny, cause all melee classes got hit extremely hard with the new affix, classes like warr/monk dps will be the bottom choice once again for m+ and fucking rogues are going to be, once again, top melee pick next to DHs. Welcome pure RDPs runs I guess?
    Is there a source for this or just? If Rogues and DH's are top picks, that leaves 1 spot for a ranged? Again I'd find this hard to agree with. Rogues are used as outlaw is good but the skips are better. IMO any comp is viable for 15+ without super effort. Its only the top % speed runs a certain set up is needed.

If I recall monks were used a lot in the m+ tournaments.
    Last edited by warpath2k; 2019-07-10 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    I just did a +10 temple and there is a point in between the first and 2nd boss where bringing more than 1 melee would render your key depleted.

I'm sure there are more dungeons like this where the void add is in a place where you can't quickly LoS her 10 second 60 yard cast.

The void add is absolutely ridiculous, especially when placed in areas with little to no LoS.

Edit - Cast ranged is believed to be 60 yards
    I did a +10 quite easily on Tuesday. Stop playing with bad melee lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully. 2 seasons of double rogue are enough.

I just did a +10 temple and there is a point in between the first and 2nd boss where bringing more than 1 melee would render your key depleted.

I'm sure there are more dungeons like this where the void add is in a place where you can't quickly LoS her 10 second 60 yard cast.

The void add is absolutely ridiculous, especially when placed in areas with little to no LoS.

Edit - Cast ranged is believed to be 60 yards
    I haven't done temple this week, but can't you just go around? The best way to deal with the Void emissary is to not pull it at all.

If you're honestly having that much trouble with the shadow add make your tank and healer both run the revered red card and pop it on it. Congrats 700k damage right there and your dps only need to manage another 700k to get it down.

Granted this shouldn't be necessary, but just one of many examples of how to easily trivialize it. If you expect to mindlessly zerg shit week 1 it's not going to happen, should of had a better plan my dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime92 View Post
    lol if anything this makes the s2 meta comp even more necessary.
    In 10-15 keys it doesnt matter your comp, you will kill void emissaries before you get 1 shot so non LoS needed

In higher keys rogues are ideal because you can feint the first cast and cloak the second, kill before the third. Similarly WW can karma the first and diffuse magic the second pretty easily. Both classes having two major magic defensive abilities is pretty major. Only time will tell if keys will get high enough to outpace the dps from these comps, although at that point they will just skip the mobs all together (different path or just death run) or there will be certain dead key for a given week.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    I haven't done temple this week, but can't you just go around? The best way to deal with the Void emissary is to not pull it at all.
    It's been hotfixed since tuesday morning, it's not an issue anymore.

And no, before the hotfix the add was in the hallway you have to go through to get to the 2nd boss.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by warpath2k View Post
    I did read your post and expressed my lack of experience with it. But I still can't help but feel that on such a low key comparably speaking...
    The new scaling is significant. It's not just the 30% base buff to Mythic+; it is also a harder exponential curve on the keys themselves. A mob in a +10 in Season 3 has +178% stats, which you would need to do just over a +16 for in Season 2. https://www.wowhead.com/news=293697/...-chest-rewards

OP: Yes, the void mob placement right now is fucking awful and needs work. That said, almost all of Mythic+ to date has been "just bring melee" so it's not surprising that they want to favor ranged a little in season 3. It's just a bit too much.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Just another +10 temple did this after raid and either the placement of the adds are completely random or they hotfixxed the shadow add spawning in that area

hopefully hotfix because if it's random, that's literally retarded.
    It's different every week.

People are bringing 3x melee and doing 14s in time just fine (double rogue ww btw)

Hurr durr more than 1 melee = automatic deplete

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Considering the average run speed is about 100 yards every 10 secs or so I agree. Not mention speed boosts and jumping and the like.
    /script x=GetUnitSpeed("player") DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(format("Speed: %d yds/sec, %.1f kph, %.1f mph, %d%% normal run speed",x,x*3600/1093.6133,x*45/22,x/7*100))

This will give you your movement speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Loosecannon View Post
    I mean 50 yard range... 5 seconds out, 5 seconds back (okay I'm ignoring things like leap/charge)...doesn't leave a lot of time for actually, you know, damaging the mob?

I thought you could just burst them down anyway? Don't they have c.1.2m health and most specs can do c20k single target quite easily, you just eat the first explosion with CD's then GG?

Personally I can't wait to see how you do them when they end up standing in a sanguine pool and become immortal.
    I can understand how you cant see a way to do it. It is a L2P issue. When you can L2P then you will see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    The default run speed is 7 yards a second.
    But it isn't. 7 yards a second is 63 yards for 10 seconds. Convert that to 100m dash then it is 15.9 sec per 100m. Yeah that is BS. Lets have a look at my speed. 11.11 sec. Whats more likely? Chubs McChubs speed for your toon or as a fit super warrior (or mage or whatever) being able to run 10 yards in 1 sec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mamercus View Post
    A lot of classes have an inherent speed increase as a passive.
    Which makes it a L2P issue. Glad that other people are also onboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I haven't had trouble with them while running triple melee comps. At 10 you can easily zerg them down before they can kill you. The first cast is tankable without a defensive. You'll likely want one on the second. If you can't kill it by the third cast then your dps needs to l2p.