Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Eternal Palace tuning

How are you finding the difficulty of Eternal Palace so far? Is it a more balanced experience, or do we have another 1 raid boss raid tier? Has the influx of Benthic gear destroyed any semblance of tuning and balance?

10+ Year Old Account
    my guild tore through heroic and didnt wipe till Zaqul, still on him now

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    How are you finding the difficulty of Eternal Palace so far? Is it a more balanced experience, or do we have another 1 raid boss raid tier? Has the influx of Benthic gear destroyed any semblance of tuning and balance?
    The raid seems to be similar to Antorus where the real bosses are the last 2 only. We'll see how Mythic is, but it isn't looking promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

im just a normal heroic raider, first day we kill 6 bosses, we only wipe once in 5th and 6th boss. In BFD first day we sucked and only killed 3 bosses. Uldir we killed 4 bosses in first day. Sure, we are more over geared, but still i think bosses were a lot easier in normal than previus raids.

Heroic seems quite easy so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The raid seems to be similar to Antorus where the real bosses are the last 2 only. We'll see how Mythic is, but it isn't looking promising.
    I don't see the point in designing raids like this. Why make 75% of the content obsolete on day 1? It makes no sense.

Queen's Court and Zaqul feel like Normal bosses, Azshara feels like mid-tier HC for Normal.

The rest are literally irrelevant,especially Ashevane,dont know HC yet since as a casual AoTC only guild if we go there so quickly we wont have anything to do for 5 months :S

Its quite obvious they played it too safe in Normal/Gear levels.

Did 7/8 heroic, first 6 were "just follow tactics and you're fine", 7th required dencent amount of coordination and dps, I wouldn't expect pugs breeze through it, last phase was kinda hectic, didn't try Azshara yet, heard it's hard, but we're going normal tomorrow before continuing on hc Azshara.

Only super disappoiting one was Orgozoa w/e the name of eyeball boss, we just lusted p2 and burst it before it even did anything, kinda anticlimactic since no adds managed to come.

As a HC pug player, I led a group for 3 hours and we downed the first 3 bosses. Everyone was 415-418 iLvL 9/9 BoD (most were 6+ bosses into Mythic too). Opinions:

1st boss: Seemed more 'complex' than Uldir or BoD first bosses. In those raids I always one-shot the first 3 bosses on day 1. This time, it took 3 pulls to down it. Maybe because the whole blue/green concept was something that had to be experienced first. Anyway, interesting fight, very good for a first boss. Looking forward for mythic mechanics.

2nd boss (the underwater one): This took up most of our time (outside of replacing 2 leaving tanks). The fight itself is incredibly simply: kill fish, kill boss, rinse and repeat. However, the pairing of underwater movement/positioning and a 'dont be within 5 yard' mechanic is just stupid af. Especially as a melee. You have zero idea when you are about to enter someone's radius and boom, 65k damage in a fight where you can't get healed at times.
    However, the fight is so simple that once people out-gear it you won't even reach the 3rd platform. It's like a stand-still tank-n-spank. I don't like this fight.

3rd boss: Radiance of Azshara is the simplest boss that I have witnessed in this expansion yet. The only thing you have to do is basically avoid 2 things on the ground and that's it. Healers might need to watch for dispels, but give it a little gear and players can face-tank the arcane bomb anyways.
    It was very boring. You just run around and wait for the boss to fall. I'm hoping that this will make it an easy mythic-pug farm boss and we can have easy 2-boss mythics pugs like in Uldir. This boss is a meh, not unfair like the second one, but just boring.

That's my rating so far. I'ma keep going tomorrow for 4th and 5th hopefully.

- - - Updated - - -

Also about Benthic gear: If you semi-actively farmed mana pearls you could have 2 Benthic items fully upgraded (given you got your best slots luckily from wq's or something) or MAYBE 3 if you super hardcore grinded your way for it. Most players were already in the 415 range when s3 hit, that means they already out-geared normal Eternal Palace. And Benthic is worse than HC gear.

That means Benthic has literally no ability to ruin tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post

That means Benthic has literally no ability to ruin tuning.
    What they mean is, Benthic Gear is BiS for dps in 1-4 slots and causes us to do a heck of a lot more dps in the raid despite not having much ilvl.
    Ori's Bracers with the frost damage proc does around 600dps by itself at ilvl 420, without the loss of secondaries on the item.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    What they mean is, Benthic Gear is BiS for dps in 1-4 slots and causes us to do a heck of a lot more dps in the raid despite not having much ilvl.
    Ori's Bracers with the frost damage proc does around 600dps by itself at ilvl 420, without the loss of secondaries on the item.
    What does that have to do with raid tuning tho. Unless ofc running all shaman+hunter dps (which would be a bold strategy) with this one exact item could literally bypass boss phases I don't see the correlation.

As I said, normal Eternal Palace is already over-geared on arrival. That's why people say it's 'easy'.
    HC players are closer to HC gear than they were at the start of BoD too (at least the pug world, from experience). Benthic gear is a very slight upgrade IF you manage to find your pieces early, but hardly anything with bad influence.

Normal is total faceroll until Za'qul who is a decent challenge, and then Azshara is quite a step up, feeling far more like a Heroic boss due to fairly hefty demands in terms of coordination and timing. Definitely nowhere near as easy as Normal endbosses tend to be, and I assume the trend will continue in higher difficulties.

Heroic we got the first six down. Siraza is harder than most first bosses and won't be no free loot like Champion was on Mythic for sure. Radiance is a total joke, and Behemoth is mostly a retard check. Ashvane tested us more than the following two bosses, and then we ended the night at Za'qul. The hatchery boss in particular was just taken to pound town by our lust DPS in phase 2.

I do fear that it'll be another 1 or 2 boss raid on Mythic if the difficulty curve remains similar. I heard that H Azshara is far and away the hardest Heroic boss of the expansion as well. We'll see tomorrow I assume.

Everything is a joke except Azshara on heroic and normal. There's like no difficulty curve.

My guild run Normal-Heroic. Right now, we've only went into normal, but so far, feels heavily undertuned in normal compared to the previous raids. We still haven't tried Azshara, I think she will be much harder than the rest. But honestly, I was expecting to get stuck somewhere, we didn't. We killed all bosses after 1 wipe (no one watched videos, we just went dry, took that first attempt to see what's going on, wipe, repull, kill). It's fun to progress, but really, feels underwhelming, and we will be forced to head into Heroic very early, probably next week. My guild usually needs a 2-3 weeks to be ready to move up to heroic.

I don't see the point in designing raids like this. Why make 75% of the content obsolete on day 1? It makes no sense.
    things like this promote more and more brainless tunneling.. instead of teaching ppl early that mechanics burn when you touch them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Everything is a joke except Azshara on heroic and normal. There's like no difficulty curve.
    this is whats causing internal stupidity in raiders... they burn their way up to the boss that has mechanics then wipe horribly... learning nothing along the way

You shouldn’t use HC to judge how hard mythic will be. For example compare HC Gorefiend to his mythic version.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would heroic be hard for a guild who clears or raids deep into Mythic in the previous tier? It shouldn't be.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Zaqul was the only one who did not drop dead the moment we seen it.

Now on Azshara.

- - - Updated - - -

A. Nobody knows, we can have some freaking massive wall mid raid. Like Fetid Devourer heroic was literally stomped flat, people were joking that they mistook it for a trash mob and Mythic was a fucking brick wall.
    B. Paint me surprised, we got down M.Uunat, how much of a challenge HC run will give us?

Blaze through Mythic and we'll talk. No, Method's experience doesn't count since they represent 0.1% of raiders.

Heroic Azshara is the only heroics boss that will take a bit of pulls to kill.

With that said, my group is 7/8 H atm and we 1-3 shot every boss except the 7th and the 1st boss.

I feel like the first boss is tuned harder than every boss up until Azshara.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh