Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Foreshadowing of a future expansion (NOT a pathetic leak thread)

I've got some thoughts on foreshadowing messages for a future expansion. Feel free to decipher and guess them.

"Their crusade shines across the stars. They will soon be here."

"The balance is broken. Now they seek to press their advantage. Your world is in danger. Let us help."

"Her heart is filled with zealous devotion. Her eyes burn with righteous fury."

"We could have helped you. We could have saved you. Now you are doomed. They will make slaves of you all."

"Even united, you will lose."

"One will force the other five into submission."

Hint: The Void is involved...sort of.

I think the next expansion will be the burning crusade to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hittion View Post
    I think the next expansion will be the burning crusade to be honest.
    Close!

What shines?
    What burns with the concept of righteousness?
    What would press an attack if their opposite was crippled from a defeat?

Are these whispers in game? I haven't "met" them anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Close!

What shines?
    What burns with the concept of righteousness?
    What would press an attack if their opposite was crippled from a defeat?

No I mean that with how off the rails bfa development has been I half expect burning crusade to be offered as a addition to classic before the next expansion of the hacked apart lore that is bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Are these whispers in game? I haven't "met" them anywhere.
    They're my own concepts. Whispers from a source that foretells of the arrival of an even worse enemy that seeks domination and subjugation of all that it comes across.

blizzard did kinda tell us that the light isnt good and that the void isnt bad, they are both chaotic forces in the universe, we have seen the lights true colors in the mag'har scenario and when xe'ra wanted to make illidan a lightforge aswell, so ye, wouldnt be surprised if we see some sort of the army of light but as an enemy

Yeah the Mag'har scenario made it pretty clear that they want an evil light attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is pretty apparent we will be fighting N'Zoth and potentially other Old Gods.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    They all refer to the ongoing battle between the cosmic forces.
    It's quite obvious.
    Seems to be specifying the light honestly.

Where are these quotes from tho?
    Don't remember seeing them anywhere.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-07-11 at 12:34 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

"Their crusade shines across the stars. They will soon be here."
    This references the Bright Crusade traversing worlds, converting them by force, and that they have found and will soon arrive at MU Azeroth.

"The balance is broken. Now they seek to press their advantage. Your world is in danger. Let us help."
    This references that the balance between Light and Void has been upset, and that the Light will take advantage of this upset. The Void begs us to let it help.

"Her heart is filled with zealous devotion. Her eyes burn with righteous fury."
    This directly speaks about AU Yrel, and what she has become.

"We could have helped you. We could have saved you. Now you are doomed. They will make slaves of you all."
    Something to do with us rejecting the Void's help, and then them saying that what happens next is on us.

"Even united, you will lose."
    References the possible unification of Alliance and Horde. That even such an event will not be enough to stand against the zealous Light.

"One will force the other five into submission."
    References the cosmic chart thing in Chronicles. It suggest that the Light will force the other five forces into servitude.

They're my own concepts. Whispers from a source that foretells of the arrival of an even worse enemy that seeks domination and subjugation of all that it comes across.
    You said that these leaks are pathetic:
    [Foreshadowing of a future expansion (NOT a pathetic leak thread)
    (while some of them were not that bad and actually took some time to make)
    and then you make a thread about your own whispers concept... also you wrote another comment about their interpretation.

Something is... just not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It's quite obvious.

He just wrote them and didn't actually said anything in his first post in this thread, so kinda weak move.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It's quite obvious.

They are his own quotes. Which makes this thread ridiculous. He's making shit up and calling it foreshadowing for the game lol
    Last edited by tikcol; 2019-07-11 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    They're his own quotes. Which makes this thread ridiculous. He's making shit up and calling it foreshadowing for the game lol
    Fair enough. But at no point have I suggested these "whispers" are leaks in and of themselves. You said it yourself. They're homebrewed concepts. Nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough. But at no point have I suggested these "whispers" are leaks in and of themselves. You said it yourself. They're homebrewed concepts. Nothing more.
    Is this thread really just you coming up with a concept for an expansion with riddles for us to solve to uncover your fanfiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Is this thread really just you coming up with a concept for an expansion with riddles for us to solve to uncover your fanfiction?
    Yes. I thought that might have been obvious from the beginning.

Imagine it; the AU forces of Light doing (almost) the exact same thing that the Burning Legion did. A crusade of forced conversion under the guise of bringing everyone together under the Light. One could say it has real-life parallels! *cough*Crusades*cough*WitchTrials*cough*Missionaries*cough*

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    wtf is this thread ... foreshadowing of future expansion with selfmade "whispers" aha i prefer stupid pathetic leaks rather than this headcannon bullshit which is just Legion and the Light switched ... how original

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I thought that might have been obvious from the beginning.

Imagine it; the AU forces of Light doing (almost) the exact same thing that the Burning Legion did. A crusade of forced conversion under the guise of bringing everyone together under the Light. One could say it has real-life parallels! *cough*Crusades*cough*WitchTrials*cough*Missionaries*cough*
    Just making sure. With that in mind. We have to put more thought into what is Azeroth, and why is it/she so important.

Titans are born of planets. So we could assume Azeroth is a Titan waiting to be born. There are many planets out in the universe, but yet ours is the central focus of the cosmic war. Its been said that we are special because of the inhabitants use of magic, but it has to be more than that. My guess is, that Azeroth is going to be an unusually powerful Titan when she is born.

That would make the cause of the focus on it make more sense to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    wtf is this thread ... foreshadowing of future expansion with selfmade "whispers" aha i prefer stupid pathetic leaks rather than this headcannon bullshit which is just Legion and the Light switched ... how original
    Then what is your guess as to where the greater cosmic story is heading? How would you lead the story?

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait so you came up with quotes that were never said and want us to speculate on them as if they were real?

Yeaaaahhhhh.... pass!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Just making sure. With that in mind. We have to put more thought into what is Azeroth, and why is it/she so important.

Titans are born of planets. So we could assume Azeroth is a Titan waiting to be born. There are many planets out in the universe, but yet ours is the central focus of the cosmic war. Its been said that we are special because of the inhabitants use of magic, but it has to be more than that. My guess is, that Azeroth is going to be an unusually powerful Titan when she is born.

That would make the cause of the focus on it make more sense to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Then what is your guess as to where the greater cosmic story is heading? How would you lead the story?

well i susually don't like to specualte without anything backing it up .. i mean for sure the signs that the Light is not so good after all are clear since Argus and im 100% on the side of that in the near future we have to fight off a part of the Lights Forces but just his Version is basically switch out Legion with Light now instead of the Legion going on a crusade its the Light even Blizz would come up with something better.. as to your question i think the Ultimate baddies will be the Pantheon after we have dealt with what they can't/wan't to deal themself aka Void Lords . But as i said im not usually one to speculate this is just my 2cents after Legion and Chronicles the Pantheon isn't as good as many think and so is the Light