Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like this leak. Tho i guess its mostly cause it aligns well with where id like the game to go, and with some theories i find believable regarding Sylvanas.

You ever wonder if it's really Blizz employees throwing out a bunch of nonsense ideas to see the reaction and then they discuss said reaction?

Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post
    You guys remember all the times when these "I have a secret developer source" leaks turned out to be true?

'Cos I don't.
    I remember a couple of "leaks" that turned out to be true

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    A few things:

1) The leak contradicts itself halfway through. First it's stated that Sylvanas dies in 8.3 by sacrificing herself, but a few lines further down she supposedly dies in 9.0+.

2) Someone in the art team could not possibly know this much about the inner workings of the game. Last I heard they were given only surface details to prevent leaks like these from happening.

3) This leak is nothing but another repeat of the age-old formula of somewhat reasonable expectations + popular feature requests + rundown of "new" features that we're already aware of + some fan fiction peppered in.

I like everything I'm reading, I will say that much. But the chances of this being a real leak are 30% at best.
    does not contradict she will return as a character in the Shadowlands

You guys remember all the times when these "I have a secret developer source" leaks turned out to be true?

'Cos I don't.
    Well, eredar leak for TBC turned out true. Also overall development plan for Blizzard games (incl WoW expansions) back in the day turned out sort of similar.

I do like ideas in that one, but no way it's real. It just caters to current community disappointments too much, no way Blizzard has suddenly decided to listen.

I want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Character screens were last overhauled in Cata, so it would be time to re-touch them.
    Actually that happened in MoP and really just because something hasn't been "touched" in years, doesn't mean that it should be updated just because, especially when the current system is working just fine or at least I don't see any issues with it.

Honestly your suggestion (and even more so all the other suggestions) is also just making things more complicated and unintuitive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caus View Post
    I like this leak. Tho i guess its mostly cause it aligns well with where id like the game to go, and with some theories i find believable regarding Sylvanas.
    It's not a surprise that you like it, because this leak is basically a compilation of all the popular ideas that people throw around on the forums. That's why it's so fake too.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    For me that's the biggest proof that the leak is fake.

Blizzard won't back off of their most recent $$$$$$$ maker.

They clearly created the concept "Allied Races" to become an easy cash grab, a good thing to show to stockholders.
    Would they really move away from that direction on the following expansion, after being proven that they earn lots of easy $$$$$$$ with that new feature?

I also don't understand why do many people think Tinker class is a fake concept, when literally half of BfA has tinker elements...
    Blizzard knows better than us, just how dry their milk cow is. This leak makes it sound like WoW is getting a (very badly needed) fresh coat of paint. If any of the OP is true, it strikes me as Blizzard's boldest change yet to stave off the end of WoW. They got their nickle and dime out of Allied Races, now it's time to beg for subs.

damn, definitely the best of all the "leaks" so far, i would actually really like it (except some stupid stuff like sylvanas redemption or arthas coming back), some of this sounds interesting...
    which means its fake ofc

7+ Year Old Account
    Its sounds even more stupid when you read the summary

Too much details to be a leak, fake for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt this leak is true, but I hope 9.0 contains at least a few details that this leak talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    you know how you can tell this is fake?he said artefact grind system is gone,NO WAY is blizzard ever going to drop that system,its their ultimate carrot on a stick racket,its just as silly to imagine ap grind system to be gone just as it would be to imagine removing the mount shop
    Yeah lol. This looks very legitimate and I can actually really believe most of it because the leaker really thought about how Blizzard would actually time-table out the content releases, but this is the big sore thumb that sticks out.

We're never going to lose Artifact Power grind, or Class Halls/Garrisons. They're systems that are here to stay for the rest of the game's life.

Now, granted, perhaps this leak is real and the plan to "not have an AP grind in this expansion" is some early wishful thinking on the Dev's parts that will be dashed by upper management and put into the release anyways. I dunno.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    2) Someone in the art team could not possibly know this much about the inner workings of the game. Last I heard they were given only surface details to prevent leaks like these from happening.
    Not to say that this leak is true or not, but people on development teams talk. You can make people sign NDAs and contracts all you want to stop them from tweeting shit or posting it on Reddit or whatever, but they're still going to talk and gossip with other people. People will whisper it to their friends or significant others, or to people on the art team.

I posit that many well-constructed leaks are actually true or at least based on information that was true at some point. A guy on the art team is hearing these leaks from the dev team through the filter of the guy whispering the leaks to him, and then he's just telephoning us the information the best he understands it/can remember it/transcribe it.

Most leaks tend to happen this way, someone who knows NDA information tells their friend "hey you didn't hear this from me and don't tell anyone else..." and then that friend leaks the information to someone else, who leaks it to someone else, who leaks it to a rumor mill, who spreads it to places like here. Brash and crazy ideas that seem like they'd never make it in a game like WoW can, at stages of conceptualization and development, actually be real planned features that never make it to live.

- - - Updated - - -

'Cos I don't.
    So do you think all the real leaks we've gotten just fell out of the fucking sky, lol? When the entirety of the Cataclysm expansion was leaked, including the entire revamped Azeroth map (still in development) and early planned but scrapped features (segregated Orgrimmar), those leaks just came from the back of a cereal box, yeah?

Spoiler alert: All leaks come either directly or indirectly from the fucking developers do not be such a god damned knob.

Quote Originally Posted by araistlinx View Post
    You ever wonder if it's really Blizz employees throwing out a bunch of nonsense ideas to see the reaction and then they discuss said reaction?
    The trolls do it for free. No use faking it.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    So, someone claiming to be from the art team, went to 4chan yesterday to make an AMA about the next xpac and BfA.
    https://imgur.com/a/0isO9sG

take it with a grain of salt as always, because this is borderline "its so retarded that blizzard will probably do it".
    For me, im still laughing with the Sylvanas fate and Tyrande's betrayal part because its Something that Danuser and Furor would pull it out.
    Actually believable until "-Horde and Alliance are merging into one faction in 9.0. No more crossroads.".

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    I don't think you understand.

Just because it would be a complete world revamp, it doesnt mean it can't have a new large zone that isn't attached. Give us 3 new zones on a single island, and make the rest of it the old world revamp.

In addition, kill leveling. I'm so tired of it. Put us all at 60, and make expansions "merit" leveling. By doing certain things, completing story lines, dungeons, etc, you get merits. The merits let you equip certain items, etc. Leveling has to die, or we will just be right back where we are now, wanting to squish levels again. Switch to a merit system, and all of that done with. You can get your merit stacks during the expansion and a FoS for completing merits. If you arrive after, you auto get the merits necessary to wield older gear, but no FoS.

But yeah, I like most of this. I just want leveling dead.
    I understand perfectly. It's my opinion they do not/will not spend the resources on this, especially if it's not he main focus of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Knew it was a fake as soon as I saw Tinker.
    Yep. A lot of this stuff is actually likely (at some point), but Tinker proves it's fake.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    Actually believable until "-Horde and Alliance are merging into one faction in 9.0. No more crossroads.".
    What is fake about that? I can totally see Blizzard abondaining factions for good.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJaggens View Post
    Well, eredar leak for TBC turned out true. Also overall development plan for Blizzard games (incl WoW expansions) back in the day turned out sort of similar.

I do like ideas in that one, but no way it's real. It just caters to current community disappointments too much, no way Blizzard has suddenly decided to listen.
    Leaks pre-TBC were from a completely different company. They were vastly smaller then, and less on the line for leaks than now.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    What is fake about that? I can totally see Blizzard abondaining factions for good.
    After they have been pushing faction identity & pride etc. for the last couple years? No chance. Also, Blizzard isn't famous for turning their core game principles upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    After they have been pushing faction identity & pride etc. for the last couple years? No chance. Also, Blizzard isn't famous for turning their core game principles upside down.
    BFA is a disaster! players like their races not factions! they want stories of the races!