Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jiih View Post
    shh in before people tell you that its normal to spend 10h+ /week in a video game
    I'd say that is pretty normal, yes. Probably depends how you would define "normal" in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    the people who wanna rush it will make the time for it as they have every expansion
    Yeah that's what I said. Assuming everyone prioritises WoW as #1 is ridiculous and so naively cute.

10h+..a week?dude thats less than your averege casual plays what the heck
    if you count content lulls most casuals are not playing 10 hours a week for 52 weeks out of the year unless the game is literally the only one they ever play.

10h+..a week?dude thats less than your averege casual plays what the heck
    Wow, talk about living in a bubble. Step outside every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Yeah that's what I said. Assuming everyone prioritises WoW as #1 is ridiculous and so naively cute.

I think his point is that's what MMO players do. At a certain point you just don't have enough time for MMO's...Who is paying 15 a month to play a few hours a month? No one sane

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah...and while this thread started with "it will take people until phase 2 to hit lv 60 anyhow", we also have a thread going where people claim there will "easily be a Rag kill in week 1, because you can faceroll MC with 30 ppl naked" - and people pointing out how Joana is streamlining his levelling guides from 4 days 20 hrs down to 4 hrs. That is without rested XP even. And with that, people are already predicting that somebody (some guilds even) will be no-lifing this with whatever it takes: No sleep or account sharing.

But to me, the truth is in the middle. Definitely not everyone knows what they do and even if they do, not everyone has the time or mindset to rush like mad.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it has anything to do with sanity...because if you need to do the math, nobody would pay 10+ dollars to watch a 2 hr long movie or pay 20-100 dollars to watch a soccer / football / baseball game etc.

Leaving aside poor countries (I don't need that discussion), 15 dollars for entertainment is neglectable. If however 15 dollars hurt you, it probably means you are never going out with friends, cannot afford birthday presents or attending any social event - unless you always get invited.
    lol i don't think the movie analogy works

we're talking about a game where you don't even see most of the content without the most of a week of play time. And progress is reset constantly via release of content. The most up front cost in time of any genre of game

In fact it's so terrible I can't believe you even tried it

Outside RPers, no one does this. THere is no "curve" to watching a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    I think his point is that's what MMO players do. At a certain point you just don't have enough time for MMO's...Who is paying 15 a month to play a few hours a month? No one sane
    Anyone who likes the game but isn't poor enough to think $15 a month is worth giving a second of thought? Are you saying 10h a week, 40h a month, is minimum for $15 to be worth it? Do you only eat raw grain?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if you don't buy 6 months of sub to save some money - 15$ is extremely cheap for couple of hours per week
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Even if you don't buy 6 months of sub to save some money - 15$ is extremely cheap for couple of hours per week
    yea but you're paying to level and hten get more content released. meaning you're paying for like the most sub par experience in gaming ever

Who does that?

This games quests are terrrrible even by MMO standards. I'd rather go play SWTOR in that use case

I'm not saying it's expensive. Just after 100 dollars you'd have to ask yourself what you're doing lol

10+ Year Old Account
    yea but you're paying to level and hten get more content released. meaning you're paying for like the most sub par experience in gaming ever

Who does that?

This games quests are terrrrible even by MMO standards. I'd rather go play SWTOR in that use case

I'm not saying it's expensive. Just after 100 dollars you'd have to ask yourself what you're doing lol
    You pay to play the game, leveling is a part of a game, content release is a good thing, what's the problem exactly? How is having virtually unlimited amount of content is "sub par experience"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Anyone who likes the game but isn't poor enough to think $15 a month is worth giving a second of thought? Are you saying 10h a week, 40h a month, is minimum for $15 to be worth it? Do you only eat raw grain?
    If you're playing an mmo a few hours a month and find that worth your time or money

You quite frankly have no taste

That is just such a weird way to spend ones time. RPing ok. But beyond that you just don't have the time for an MMO. The good stuff is time gated you're paying for the most sub par AAA gaming experience on the market at that point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You pay to play the game, leveling is a part of a game, content release is a good thing, what's the problem exactly? How is having virtually unlimited amount of content is "sub par experience"?
    without the end game you've just made the most terrible RPG ever made?

I bought the box when it released and gave it to my little brothers because I compared the leveling to other single player RPG's and was confused about how terrible it was. The end game is the game, without that you would have to rate vanilla a 2/10 trash never play. Unfair wpvp and terrible questing

edit - really it was the questing that got me i never even made it past the barrens. I just compared it to JRPG's and was like 'wut is this trash'. Also no plainsrunning bummed me out. Game informer lied to me

Lol thinking everyone is as much of a no life nerd as yourself. Ignorance is bliss.
    As a guy with 4.5k posts on a shit forum, probably wouldn't go around calling other people no life nerds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xciting View Post
    As a guy with 4.5k posts on a shit forum, probably wouldn't go around calling other people no life nerds
    4500 isn't that many, and if it's such a shit forum, why are you here?

And OP, you're probably going to have to wait until phase 2 then

Well clearly you won't be getting it until then

Quote Originally Posted by Mauzi92 View Post
    120hours are 5days of played.

Even with directions you will easily take that long if you are not diehard rushing it.
    And in case you play a slow leveler class you might even take that long when dieharding

The world record is 4d 20h. Let me know you /plaed when you hit 60, will ya?
    world record is 2 days 17 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Thing is you can sell runs to get other locks their dreadsteed if you get it early.
    It's not worth the time and effort IMO. You have to run DM enough as it is, I wouldn't ever seriously try to make income by running people through the event when I could just be running a BL route.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by The-loon View Post
    world record is 2 days 17 hours
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnVruwCeLJs

It's not possible to do in 1.12. Stuff is different, and there are fuckton more players around so it's gonna be next to impossible to AoE grind.
    Last edited by Jurwi; 2019-07-11 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You don't know that. No one will be 60 by 2020. It's irrelevant how difficult classic will be, you still need to put in a minimum amount of time to get there. The world record too something like 116 hours. No one will beat that.
    There are people who hit 60 in like 2 and a half days, what the hell are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnVruwCeLJs

It's not possible to do in 1.12. Stuff is different, and there are fuckton more players around so it's gonna be next to impossible to AoE grind.
    Just layer hop until you find one with few players.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    It's not worth the time and effort IMO. You have to run DM enough as it is, I wouldn't ever seriously try to make income by running people through the event when I could just be running a BL route.
    When you can charge 150 a person and take 2 people through at a time with a tank and a healer. That is 100g for 45 minutes.