Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    No. She's had those skills and died twice as the Banshee queen, already, not even counting her death as a Blood Elf. The only reason she even exists is because of her Valkyr bringing her back and she has exactly one more death they can bring her back from.

Lorewise, she's actually middle to low tier in terms of big named characters. She'd probably lose to about half of the other race leaders and definitely to some of the other big names like Khadgar, dragon aspects, and probably even at least one of her sisters.
    If that. First death took one val'kyr. Second death took two. Two have been killed by the Alliance. She began with 9, she has 4. If the amount of power it takes to rez her is linear, 1 2 3, then you're right. If it takes more power each time in a greater scale, she might already be out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    It was not. That was DBZ style push. Malfurion was about to resume the fight immedietly before Saurfang backstabbed him. The part was like a sliver of the fight. It was not detailed in the short.
    Your own argument undermines your assumption. Since you're perfectly capable of arguing with yourself, I'll let you finish the job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Please, Malfurion is several tiers in power above her.

We don' talk about the Darkshore shit-show. Nathanos is a writer self-insert. You could argue that a random Valkyr is stroger than a Horde leader tho.
    The actual written lore would seem to disagree with your subjective opinion.

I will only believe she is if she can defeat Azshara and that Old God and make them bow down to her.

yes Sylvanas is bae and her powers are sadly restricted by plot. FTH

"Malfurion backed away from the onslaught of arrows, commanding the roots in the earth around him to rise up and shield him from their fury. He knew Sylvanas to be a deadly opponent, but hadn't expected this ferocity. Taking time to collect himself, he noticed the putrid smell of acid in the air, only to realize that her arrows were burning through his wooden barrier. It was the smallest hole. Barely larger than a thumb. But through it, Malfurion could see the bemused grin on her face, and then the arrow that followed through and londged itself in his throat."

or

"The pitch black room was to Jaina's disadvantage. She knew the Banshee Queen could see her without issue. But she dared not lower her frozen shield to cast a spell of light. Searching for a sign, Jaina felt more than saw the inky smoke of the banshee's wraith like form pass through the barrier, and reform inches in front of her. A trained battlemage, the start of the next spell was already on Jaina's lips. Unfortunately though, it was being interrupted by the cold steel of the blade that had pushed through her heart."

or

"Sylvanas stomped her stupid feet on the ground and pouted. It wasn't fair, she wanted to win! She wanted to be Warchief of everybody in the history of ever! She let out a sobbing cry, casting aside the signed 8x10 headshot of Anduin Wrynn she kept hidden on her at all times, and collapsed to the ground. Unfortunately she wasn't paying attention and fell on a basic campfire. It burned her and she died because she's dumb, and everyone in the Horde now loved their new Warchief, basic campfire."

Blizzard can write any character to win pretty much any fight as they see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    You see or don't see what you want to.

"There was a tremendous explosion of darkness, and then a rising sound of collapsing trees. Saurfang ducked behind cover as an object flew through the air, bouncing off tree trunks before slamming to a halt in the dirt only thirty feet away."

The object was Malfurion.

To me, that sounds like an ass whippin'.

- - - Updated - - -

This is absolutely objectively wrong. In game it seemed that way...in the book it was quite different.
    "A Good War" literally has Slyvanus admitting to Saurfang that Malfurion's defeat would not have been possible without Saurfang's sneak attack.

Saurfang saw antlers. Without thinking, he threw his axe.

“Finish him and be done with it,” Saurfang said quietly.
    Sylvanas hefted his axe, considering it. Then she looked back at Saurfang. He could not read
    her expression, but he did not like it.
    She handed the axe back to him. “I leave it to you, High Overlord.”
    “This was your fight.”
    She was already walking away. “This is your victory. None of this—not this battle, not Malfurion’s defeat—would have happened without you. You have earned this honor. Take a moment, if you’d like, and then take his head. I will meet you in Darkshore.”
    Sounds to me like Slyvanus admits she isn't able to beat Malfurion on her own.

Malfurion >>>>> Slyvanus
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

The actual written lore would seem to disagree with your subjective opinion.
    You got this backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    If that. First death took one val'kyr. Second death took two. Two have been killed by the Alliance. She began with 9, she has 4. If the amount of power it takes to rez her is linear, 1 2 3, then you're right. If it takes more power each time in a greater scale, she might already be out of luck.
    That's not how it went though.

The Nine Valkyr that were left started serving Sylvanas.
    - The first time she was brought back, it was by the strongest Valkyr, Annhylde, sacrificed herself. Being that she was the strongest, it only took her.
    - The second time she died in Silverpine, it took 3, Agatha, Arthura, and Daschla to bring her back.
    - The Alliance then killed two more of them, Aradne and Brynja.

That leaves three Val'kyr left who are part of the original group with the strength to bring Sylvanas back: Kyra, Signe, and another who is unnamed still.

In other words, it isn't linear nor has it been, but is based on the strength of the Valkyr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikazukinoyaiba View Post
    Night empowered dark warrior Tyrande is weaker than Nathanos, and Sylvanas is probably stronger than Nat.
    No he is just a damn ranger and he was flanked by Valkyr if those Valkyr wasn't there his rotting corpse would've painted the shoreline red, also Genn fucked him up on that gunship. A fucking gnome can kill Nathanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    "A Good War" literally has Slyvanus admitting to Saurfang that Malfurion's defeat would not have been possible without Saurfang's sneak attack.

Sounds to me like Slyvanus admits she isn't able to beat Malfurion on her own.

Malfurion >>>>> Slyvanus
    Do you intentionally misspell Sylvanas's name? If you do then that is maybe one of the lamest things I've ever seen. I can't take seriously any argument you put forth if you are one of those people who think they are being clever by intentionally misspelling a name. If nothing else it shows that you are biased and your idea of facts is nothing but subjective opinion. I won't argue opinion, no matter how incorrect it may be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    You got this backwards.
    Stop reading posts in a mirror then.

Jesus Christ. The Sylvannas fanbase are back with their repeating like a broken record headcanon. Next we are gonna hear how she is more powerful than Deathwing or that she can fight the Nightmare alone. It's becoming boring at this point. The good thing is that all this is coming to an end as her inevitable demise is closing in as she and her toxic literally at this point part of her fanbase will be wiped off the map.

Most powerful Horde leader from the current ones she is as all of them are simple warriors. Compared to the old Horde like Voljin and Thrall as I am not sure if Cairne was a shaman she was weak. Compared to all of the Alliance leaders except Greymane who is a simple warrior she is pretty weak. Compared to most of the Neutral Faction leaders or characters she is pretty weak. Anyone of those characters could destroy her in a Death Battle scenario where you put all your best abilities and feats of strength without hesitating to kill.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2019-07-12 at 07:25 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    She was shot in the back of her head by some dude that stood just inches away from her.
    You can put literally any other leader and that position and they'd have died.

She obviously isn't the strongest character, but that's a terrible scenario to pick as an argument.
    I think she would be the most retarded character considering she got shot by some shady guy who just betrayed his people. Turning your back and trusting such a guy reeks of stupidity. "Most cunning and intelligent character" my ass. Let's not forget power sliding against a DK in melee, very skilled.

Your own argument undermines your assumption. Since you're perfectly capable of arguing with yourself, I'll let you finish the job.
    Wut? /10char

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    She is not even close to be the "most powerful undead", not even the "most powerful female undead", probably could only have a chance for the "most powerful female undead that was previously elf" and even so, I'm in doubt because of Blood Queen Lana'thel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    I think she would be the most retarded character considering she got shot by some shady guy who just betrayed his people. Turning your back and trusting such a guy reeks of stupidity. "Most cunning and intelligent character" my ass. Let's not forget power sliding against a DK in melee, very skilled.
    "Missclick" - Windrunner, Sylvanas

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post

Malfurion >>>>> Slyvanus
    Can't argue with that but he would be no match for Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    She is not even close to be the "most powerful undead", not even the "most powerful female undead", probably could only have a chance for the "most powerful female undead that was previously elf" and even so, I'm in doubt because of Blood Queen Lana'thel.

- - - Updated - - -

"Missclick" - Windrunner, Sylvanas
    you people can try to use sense as much as you want, but the prepatch showed that danuser's boner willed her to be stronger now.

nothing needs to make sense anymore, everything is entirely at the whim of the plot they want to tell in each specific moment. there's no need to care about any of this anymore, because the writers clearly don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    That's not how it went though.

The Nine Valkyr that were left started serving Sylvanas.
    - The first time she was brought back, it was by the strongest Valkyr, Annhylde, sacrificed herself. Being that she was the strongest, it only took her.
    - The second time she died in Silverpine, it took 3, Agatha, Arthura, and Daschla to bring her back.
    - The Alliance then killed two more of them, Aradne and Brynja.

That leaves three Val'kyr left who are part of the original group with the strength to bring Sylvanas back: Kyra, Signe, and another who is unnamed still.

In other words, it isn't linear nor has it been, but is based on the strength of the Valkyr.
    Yeah, but we don't know how strong these remaining val'kyr all. She might already be out of luck. And we also don't know for sure that it isn't harder each time. Could be those 3 in Silverpine combined were stronger than the single one who did it first time. We ARE speculating, after all.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    you people can try to use sense as much as you want, but the prepatch showed that danuser's boner willed her to be stronger now.

nothing needs to make sense anymore, everything is entirely at the whim of the plot they want to tell in each specific moment. there's no need to care about any of this anymore, because the writers clearly don't.
    Well, fortunately enough we don't have to agree with the puss* slave that is Danuser in anything.

By Warcraft lore Sylvanas (as a single character) is not nearly as powerful to even be noticeable to Azeroth, just like any other faction leader.

I don't like the WoW retail current narrative and I don't endorse it with my money or support, hopefully, a few bad quarters for Blizzard and the possible Classic success will just be enough for their get their shit together and retcon the crap that was made in this magnum crap that they call expansion.

Besides, lore doesn't necessarily need to happen in game, most of it's canon, if not all, is in books.
    Last edited by Beerbill Society; 2019-07-13 at 04:46 PM.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Do you intentionally misspell Sylvanas's name? If you do then that is maybe one of the lamest things I've ever seen. I can't take seriously any argument you put forth if you are one of those people who think they are being clever by intentionally misspelling a name. If nothing else it shows that you are biased and your idea of facts is nothing but subjective opinion. I won't argue opinion, no matter how incorrect it may be.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop reading posts in a mirror then.
    Is Sylvanass better? You won't tackle my argument because you can't. Sylvanass says Malfurion's defeat wouldn't be possible without Saurfang. But we know Malfurion already shitstomped Saurfang badly. Malfurion fodderized Saurfang. Sylvanass could blast Malfurion down but he kept getting back up. It took Sylvanass and Saurfang 2v1 to defeat him. Sylvanass knows it. That's why she said it. If Saurfang wasn't important in Malfurion's defeat, Sylvanass would have never offered him the "trophy" for the kill. She deemed his contribution as vital enough to earn the "trophy".
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2019-07-15 at 11:03 AM.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    She's a Horde character, she's not allowed to be "powerful" only capable in some situations.

You have Jaina who can mass teleport armies, make a sunken ship fly and shoot arcane missles from the cannons and freeze an entire field of blight.

You have Malfurion who was a super saiyan back in the WotA, who's anger could destroy an entire demon army, but that hasn't been done in WoW yet.

You have Tyrande who can ask her goddess for invulnerability or some dark moonfire powers.

You have Anduin who has magical bones that tell when someone is lying and he can resurrect armies and do whatever the plot calls for because he's the main writers favorite character.

You have Alleria, who many theorize has the power of a fallen Naaru in her... which is usually really really powerful

And there's more.

For Horde...
    Lor'themar... no powers
    Baine... no powers(except plot armor as long as he's a puppet of the Alliance)
    Saurfang... no powers
    Nathanos... no powers(human potential may apply)
    Thrall... no more powers... i think
    Thal'ryssa... ancient magical elf... afraid of Jaina
    Talanji... no more Rezan powers
    Mayla... no powers
    Geya'rah... no powers
    Sylvana... Banshee Queen... who forgets that she has banshee powers. Incorporeal makes her immune to physical attacks. Banshee Wail... literally can kill people and bring armies to their knees... Possession, she can take over anyone's body, even powerful beings like valkyr... never uses these abilities, among others she has. Why? She's Horde and Horde aren't allowed to be powerful. But I'm sure her raid's coming and we'll finally see all these powers...
    Is this some sort of joke?

You have Sylvannas, who killed a whole dwarven siege tower and its workers with two arrows and killed several warriors with her scream, a few moments later she just raises a shitload of undeads (because the Val'kyrs are bound to her so they are an extension of her now).

Saurfang who could easily dispatch an elite hunting party of Sylvannas best assasins with just zappyboi and the player, and also someone who was able to hold the entirety of the alliance siegeing forces in Lordaeron for a while.

Thrall who became a dragon aspect and killed Deathwing because reasons, while also being the strongest shamman in the world and also being one of the strongest warriors in the world while also being one of the strongest EVERYTHING in the world.

Thal'ryssa the leader of a race of elves whose predecesor was able to time-freeze EVERY SINGLE FORCE atacking her aside from Khadgar and a couple more, i bet she inherited some of those spellbooks.

Talanji who has her blood bound to the god of the dead, she does not have Rezan (which was a stupidlly weak Loa in what we see in game) yet she has Bwonsamdi (which is an absurdly strong Loa by what we see in game).

Mayla has one of the oldest freacking black dragons serving her and also eagles that can hold the weight of a Tauren, think of how short the Lord of the Rings would have been if Mayla was on Rivendel.

Geya'rah is female Thrall, everything he accomplish, so can she do, but she is on her mighty-warrior-phase.

While Tyrande got several powerups, she is POWERLESS to do anything, while Malfurion is probably one of the mightiest living beings in Azeroth (not immortal, demigods etc) he is POWERLESS to do anything, Jaina supposedly still has a piece of Aman'thul soul in her staff (rememeber Mist of Pandaria's boss Lei Shen? who was able to best everybody and beat like a dozen races into submission while also consider the Zandalari, an empire which subdued most of the Old God forces on their own, a peeble?) yet she DOES NOTHING, she could have razed whole Dazar'Alor on her own, she could have smiten Nathanos and half of the Horde leaders and champions yet SHE DOES NOTHING. We could go on and on about how Anduin shows a lot of promise yet then he becomes the frail little kid who wants peace.

Also while you can see some development in the Horde leaders... has somebody seen the true Dwarven King (who must be around 13-14 years old)? has anyone seen Velen lately after the Burning Legion downfall? Is Falstad even alive?