Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well... Argus came out of nowhere, so they are not above pulling a fast one. Sargeras wasn't the final boss.

I want Sylvanas to be the final boss. I want N'zoth and the old gods to be the theme of the next expansion.

But, lets get real. Sylvanas is gonna get shoved aside in 8.2.5 and N'zoth will get flattened in 8.3 and we will get a happily ever in Silithus at the end... until whatever 9.0 is. Probably death related and we will get no tinker again, cause blizz loves to disappoint.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-07-12 at 05:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can build an entire expansion around N'zoth, I really doubt they'll make him the end boss to this "faction war" extravaganza.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    It is hard to find, yes. I believe it was in some Q&A thing. In the end though, it's a bit down to definitions.

Yogg-Saron calls his dying body a corpse. Xal'atath confirms that in the end, only one Old God would remain. Cho'gall tried to resurrect C'thun. Yogg-Saron is producing echoes and repeating old whispers now, just like we've seen from torn-apart Y'shaarj.

I define that as "Dead, but not gone".

But I've seen others define that as "Slumbering". Or even "Inactive, but very much alive".

Technically speaking they are probably "God-style dead". Meaning that, while their prime manifestation or body was destroyed, their essence and spirits continue to exist. Just like with Loa, Ancients, and Titans. Someday, unlike mortals, they may claw their way back to harass us again. In that sense, they are immortal. That doesn't mean they aren't dead. It just means that death isn't an obstacle they can't overcome.
    Don't worry friendo, i have kept the link around just for the cause of showing people that yes, they are dead (subject to change at any time, as Blizzard does with everything).
    Link is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d343...vZl0OlGHdbWlGw
    At about 3:50, when asked about why Azeroth didn't blow up after the deaths of Yogg and C'thun their response is "Have you played any Cataclysm?".

For fucks sake, he brought Azshara back from the dead. You have all those whispers about dying three times. Its
    's going to be Azshara all roided up on old God juice.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is hard to find, yes. I believe it was in some Q&A thing. In the end though, it's a bit down to definitions.

Yogg-Saron calls his dying body a corpse. Xal'atath confirms that in the end, only one Old God would remain. Cho'gall tried to resurrect C'thun. Yogg-Saron is producing echoes and repeating old whispers now, just like we've seen from torn-apart Y'shaarj.

I define that as "Dead, but not gone".

But I've seen others define that as "Slumbering". Or even "Inactive, but very much alive".

Technically speaking they are probably "God-style dead". Meaning that, while their prime manifestation or body was destroyed, their essence and spirits continue to exist. Just like with Loa, Ancients, and Titans. Someday, unlike mortals, they may claw their way back to harass us again. In that sense, they are immortal. That doesn't mean they aren't dead. It just means that death isn't an obstacle they can't overcome.
    You bring up an excellent point however, Dead in game does not necessarily mean, dead for good, Back in Vanilla, we ALL thought and were under the impression that we killed Ragnaros, however Blizzard turned that around and basically stated we banished him back into the Firelands and then he came back with wierdly shaped legs (Ha.). So C'thun for all we know could still be alive, could Sargeras' Sword maybe resurrected him? Same with Yogg, we killed his manifestation, not his actual body which is the literal size of Northrend. It be very unrealistic if WoW lore states, "25 Champions of the Horde and Alliance were able to defeat Yogg'Saron and be able to do that which the Titans could not." You see why it makes no sense here? Also, N'Zoth is the Corruptor, if the other Old Gods are back, why can't N'Zoth just, corrupt them to do his bidding?

Also who is to say that Xal'atath isn't the final boss? We cannot leave her out at all, She is after all... an Old God...
    Kaiba, Vengeance Incarnate
    Level 120 Demon Hunter - Garona, US
    Havoc Specialization
    Level 31 Hunter - Mankrik, US
    Catch me live on Twitch.tv @Kaiba12

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    For fucks sake, he brought Azshara back from the dead. You have all those whispers about dying three times. Its
    's going to be Azshara all roided up on old God juice.
    Which would be the most anticlimatic expansion endboss ever, which is why I have no doubts about you being right. I wish it would've gone the 4chan 'leak' route, which in itself was somewhat another WoD but yeah... I guess what we're getting is far worse.
    But one soul lies anxious wide awake Fearing no manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, OP. This expansion got two main "antagonists":

1 - Similar to how we did the impossible and defeated the Burning Legion, in this expansion we'll also do the unthinkable and end the Faction War of World of Warcraft, forever.
    2 - The Azerite plot / the Blade of Sargeras and the pain of the planet's World Soul are still questions that need to be resolved.

N'Zoth's freedom but absence in the cinematic happened because they'r holding his appearance and grand entrance for the next Expansion. He will be the main antagonist there, together with Azshara. That's part of the reason why the Faction War will end - leaders like Thrall and Jaina will advocate for the peace in order to fight against N'Zoth, while Sylvanas, Greymane and others will keep the fight going on through extremist subfactions.

In short, the final raid will involve Sylvanas / Azerite, not N'Zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiba1 View Post
    Same with Yogg, we killed his manifestation, not his actual body which is the literal size of Northrend. It be very unrealistic if WoW lore states, "25 Champions of the Horde and Alliance were able to defeat Yogg'Saron and be able to do that which the Titans could not." You see why it makes no sense here?
    I don't disagree with most of what you said, so I'll just focus on this bit here.

The Old Gods are like cancers. They are a malignant infection that grows and spreads, growing stronger, and maturing into a creature so large it devours the globe. Xal'atath states as much, and we've seen a world with a mature Old God on it in that Star Augur fight.

The Titans did not face them at that size. They only held a territory a fourth of the globe. This made them very powerful, but not maximumly so. Even so, the Titanforged could not handle their combined might, having to fight them all. They were no problem for the Titans though. The reason the Titans didn't kill them, was because of the Titans' power being too big. When they tried to kill the first one, it tore the land open and opened a huge wound on the planet. And just as bad, the corruption of the Old God wasn't removed, but lingered.

So, prisons were built. These prisons did three things. 1. Keep the Old Gods and their corruption contained. 2. Place seals on them to supress their power. 3. Inhibit their growth beyond the prison.

Yogg-Saron's prison was compromised, so his corruption and growth was no longer completely confined. But he never spread his tendrils past the north of Northrend (Edit, actually he tried 1000 years ago, but was pushed back). Tiny, compared to the vast lands he once held. And he never fully broke confinement either. C'thun was similarly limited in size and power. What makes N'Zoth so scary is that his limits have been broken.

My point is, 25 champions did beat Yogg-Saron. Because he was smaller, and confined, and sealed. Also the champions were being empowered. He may have had tendrils throughout Northrend. But his cell held the core of his being. It's the location of his vital organs. We even fought his brain. His final words were "The shadow of my corpse will choke this land for all eternity".

I do fear Yogg-Saron unbound. If N'Zoth rises him and breaks all of his seals, letting him escape his prison, we are so screwed.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2019-07-12 at 01:31 AM.

Azshara's third death will usher in the Rise of the Black Empire. I don't believe N'zoth will be the final boss.

Sylvanas' redemption will involve her being a tool in the final destruction of Azshara. With luck, we'll see Baine being ripped limb by limb by N'zoth's tentacles.

This will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Last boss is going to be a corrupted neptluon whatever he water lords name is.
    He's doing fine though. He sent two Tidelords to help us out in Nazjtar

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Do you happen to know where there is a confirmation that they are dead. All my searches come up with current info and speculation. I know I have seen it co formed that they are all infact dead except N'zoth.
    Blizzcon Cataclysm Q&A Metzen states they're dead and that their death did have something that helped push towards the cataclysm.
    Xal'atath herself states N'zoth is the only one left and how fitting the weakest of the lot is the one that is left (because he N'Zoth is the smartest)
    Yoggie states he is going to die and his corpse (Being alive = not a corpse) will cause issues around northrend.
    Cho'gall tried to res C'thun, can't res the living.

BUT

Powerful beings death isn't the end or echos left behind can still affect the living world. No one claims Y'Saarj is alive yet his essence can still communicate. (Whispers during Garrosh fight). The Skull of Gul'dan (who was dead) was able to communicate to Illidan. Echos of other beings have been seen over the cause of the game. Medivh and his mother being two of them that interacted.

Blizzard has confirmed that the boss would be known after that cinematic/raid or whatever, so it's N'Zoth. They might have been wiser to leave it a bit ambiguous but then again it's probably time to start getting hyped about fighting an old god

O please. Argus was the capital of the Legion. THey could have easily had an entire zone of a blood sea with bones piled high, a demonic pleasure palace/torture zone with succubi and shivarra, an industrial city zone where demons are creating their ships and weapons and portals, etc. so many possible ideas. The legion is so diverse there are unlimited posibilities. It seems obvious they just didn't have the time/budget to do it properly for only a patch.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-07-12 at 03:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't disagree with most of what you said, so I'll just focus on this bit here.

The Old Gods are like cancers. They are a malignant infection that grows and spreads, growing stronger, and maturing into a creature so large it devours the globe. Xal'atath states as much, and we've seen a world with a mature Old God on it in that Star Augur fight.

The Titans did not face them at that size. They only held a territory a fourth of the globe. This made them very powerful, but not maximumly so. Even so, the Titanforged could not handle their combined might, having to fight them all. They were no problem for the Titans though. The reason the Titans didn't kill them, was because of the Titans' power being too big. When they tried to kill the first one, it tore the land open and opened a huge wound on the planet. And just as bad, the corruption of the Old God wasn't removed, but lingered.

So, prisons were built. These prisons did three things. 1. Keep the Old Gods and their corruption contained. 2. Place seals on them to supress their power. 3. Inhibit their growth beyond the prison.

Yogg-Saron's prison was compromised, so his corruption and growth was no longer completely confined. But he never spread his tendrils past the north of Northrend (Edit, actually he tried 1000 years ago, but was pushed back). Tiny, compared to the vast lands he once held. And he never fully broke confinement either. C'thun was similarly limited in size and power. What makes N'Zoth so scary is that his limits have been broken.

My point is, 25 champions did beat Yogg-Saron. Because he was smaller, and confined, and sealed. Also the champions were being empowered. He may have had tendrils throughout Northrend. But his cell held the core of his being. It's the location of his vital organs. We even fought his brain. His final words were "The shadow of my corpse will choke this land for all eternity".

I do fear Yogg-Saron unbound. If N'Zoth rises him and breaks all of his seals, letting him escape his prison, we are so screwed.
    I fear that we only killed a fragment of Yogg'Saron's body, sure it was the head, but at the same time, a cancer can go away, but at some point in time, will always come back, which is what we currently witnessed in Ulduar during the events of Legion, sure the Saronite Whisper's are whats lingering in the halls, but Saronite is also the blood one Yogg'Saron, Yogg'Saron's influence, is not completely distinguished. I fear that with N'Zoth free, he will spread his corruption throughout Ulduar and eventually, Ahn'Qiraj. Which brings me to my next theorycraft, in the chamber of C'Thun, did any one notice....where are the titan chains that are presumably holding this god at bay? Answer is there is none, because Ahn'Qiraj was built around C'Thun because the Titans were going to rip him out of the world after Y'Sharrj but decided against it because of the damage did, so they build, Ahn'Qiraj AROUND C'thun, C'thun is a fully released Old God, just locked to his own area. Is he dead? We don't know at the moment, with that sword just inches away from his prison, that could have very well woke him the hell back up, which is BAD NEWS for us.

Now on to Xal'atath. We last saw this bitch go into a void portal and disappear, what is she doing currently? This was never explained by Blizzard, is she an Old God, in my personal opinion, yes she is, but I think she is on the level of G'Huun.

I think 8.3 will be N'Zoth, but only a piece of him, and then he will retreat, then 9.0 begins. 9.0 will pick up where we left off with N'Zoth, however it will be the entire Black Empire, and not just 1 god, listen to the whispers, "At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming." The word Our is plural for many, meaning MULTIPLE Old Gods, and im not talking about just the 6 we know (Xal"atath; C'thun; Yogg'Saron; N'Zoth; Y'Sharrj; G'Huun) there could be many MANY more.
    Kaiba, Vengeance Incarnate
    Level 120 Demon Hunter - Garona, US
    Havoc Specialization
    Level 31 Hunter - Mankrik, US
    Catch me live on Twitch.tv @Kaiba12

How About we fight N'zoth as final boss. But for once looses and still get a old god expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Dude we have no idea who the final boss is. Azshara? N'Zoth? Sylvanas? There are clues pointing to all three. That cinematic was incredibly unclear.

Though with how shit blizzard is at everything else, it's probably N'Zoth.
    Ion said that the cinematic makes it clear who the final boss of the expansion is, so really that leaves Lorthemar, Jaina, Azshara, or N'Zoth. Frankly, it's unlikely to be Lorthemar or Jaina, and N'Zoth most likely is going to be the big bad of the next expansion, so my guess is Old God corrupted Azshara.

As for Sylvanas, I'm sure her plot line will resolve next patch and she'll be off doing something big afterwards for the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Ion said that the cinematic makes it clear who the final boss of the expansion is, so really that leaves Lorthemar, Jaina, Azshara, or N'Zoth. Frankly, it's unlikely to be Lorthemar or Jaina, and N'Zoth most likely is going to be the big bad of the next expansion, so my guess is Old God corrupted Azshara.

As for Sylvanas, I'm sure her plot line will resolve next patch and she'll be off doing something big afterwards for the next expansion.
    Lor'themar would be so out of nowhere that I'd actually love he is the last boss of the expac.

Wanted a twist guys ??? You have it !

I'm so confused. None of this is really a reason for him to not be a final boss. Are you worried if we fight him, his character will be lost? He could be a final boss, we could fight him, and that doesn't necessarily mean his character is gone. Old gods have a way of surviving, you said it yourself with c'thun and yogg potentially still being alive despite us "defeating" them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    They can build an entire expansion around N'zoth, I really doubt they'll make him the end boss to this "faction war" extravaganza.
    In a way, they have built an entire expansion around him, especially if it's confirmed he was the voice that told Vol'jin to make Sylvanas warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiba1 View Post
    It be very unrealistic if WoW lore states, "25 Champions of the Horde and Alliance were able to defeat Yogg'Saron and be able to do that which the Titans could not."
    Chronicles makes it seem like it really didn't take too much effort for a titan to kill an old god. The issue is that killing an old god as a massive, all powerful titan causes more damage to azeroth than 25 people beating down the old gods brain (which we did to yogg). Killing yshaarj created the well of eternity, killing all of them in that same way probably would have killed azeroth.

Im not really sure where this power fantasy for old gods comes from tbh. They're smart, and they're manipulative. They're not supposed to be nearly as powerful as titans. N'zoth has caused absolute mayhem and been a part of a lot of the threats we've faced in the game, without ever actually showing himself or getting directly involved. That's whats cool about the old gods.
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2019-07-12 at 05:18 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBrute View Post
    EVEN THE TITANS HAD TROUBLE DEALING WITH THEM! If they could only imprison these God’s then we shouldn’t be able to kill them with 40 measly people.
    No they didn't. Aman'thul ripped out Yar'sharaj like a tick. Old Gods are insects compared to adult Titans.

They imprisoned them because tearing them all out would damage the planet.