Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I work at Gamestop and the most common Joy-Con that gets replaced is the Left one due to many reasons.

If they don't improve the quality of the Joy-Con's for this system, people will be selling it within a year as a (parts) sell on ebay or some shit. Providing everything powers on like it should we take in the broken Joy-Con's and ship them out to be repaired.

The same will apply to the Switch Lites as well.

If I'm still working at this company in a year, I feel this is going to be a pain in my ass.
    I guess its good that the Lite doesn't have joycons then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    I guess its good that the Lite doesn't have joycons then.
    It just has built in sticks tgat might have the same issues :P

I was happy to pick up Paw Patrol: On a Roll for my kids at a 40 % discount. I'm really surprised and and positive about the sales. They come often and for a wide variety of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthat View Post
    This isn't for me. Holding out for Switch Pro, or maybe just a different bundle where it has a Pro controller in the box but no Joycons, for the same price as a regular Switch. No intention of ever going handheld with it.
    There won't be a Switch Pro. There never was. All the credible speculation has been on a slight hardware revision with a new die, possibly more/faster RAM, possibly more internal storage, possibly a bigger battery, and possibly a better screen.

If anyone is interested in it, The World Ends With You is only $19.97 at Gamestop (US).

After the 20th its likely going to be around $35 and you can no longer buy new copies.

Controls suck ass but after my employee discount I may say screw it and pick it back up just to add to my library.

SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy and Sushi Striker: The Way of the Sushido is $9.97 as well.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-07-12 at 04:46 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    There won't be a Switch Pro. There never was. All the credible speculation has been on a slight hardware revision with a new die, possibly more/faster RAM, possibly more internal storage, possibly a bigger battery, and possibly a better screen.
    Yes. That. That's what I want. Regardless of what they call it. Switch Pro, NEW! Switch, etc.
    I'm basically expecting it to run at the docked mode resolution in handheld mode, with like +20% framerates for both modes while having an extra 2 hours of battery.
    At $300. I think that's doable by Holiday 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthat View Post
    Yes. That. That's what I want. Regardless of what they call it. Switch Pro, NEW! Switch, etc.
    I'm basically expecting it to run at the docked mode resolution in handheld mode, with like +20% framerates for both modes while having an extra 2 hours of battery.
    At $300. I think that's doable by Holiday 2020.
    They aren't calling it anything. It's literally the same system as it is now, possibly with more memory and better battery life. They aren't changing the marketing, form factor or overall product design at all and you aren't getting a performance increase. Chances are unless they actually do increase the memory you won't even know which version you are buying as they are likely to come in the same boxes still.

Nintendo actual hardware upgrades usually come LATE LATE in the systems life. If one happens it's not coming in 2020, and probably not even in 2021. Probably in 2022 to keep the system relevant while they work on getting their actual new gen out a year or 2 later.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It just has built in sticks tgat might have the same issues :P
    I was obviously just joking...

- - - Updated - - -

The news about the new patent for some minor upgrades aside, it doesn't mean that they aren't working on or at least have plans for a more powerful version some time in the future. It could be years away but I would guess it is an eventuality.

I'd honestly be surprised if Nintendo used the same stick set up in the light as the regular joy cons, it has to of costed them a bit in under warranty repairs since it's the most common switch defect of them all. The lite has 2 more years of R&D put into it, it might yet have it's own common or uncommon defects but I doubt they will be the same as the problems the original had. That is easy to fix when you know it exists.

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    I was obviously just joking...

- - - Updated - - -

The news about the new patent for some minor upgrades aside, it doesn't mean that they aren't working on or at least have plans for a more powerful version some time in the future. It could be years away but I would guess it is an eventuality.
    All the rumors were for a minor revision. The head of Nintendo, his name slips me ATM has basically said there will be no pro. Unless you consider a "New" upgrade a pro, would expect the next major revision the be a fully BC Switch 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the rumors were for a minor revision. The head of Nintendo, his name slips me ATM has basically said there will be no pro. Unless you consider a "New" upgrade a pro, would expect the next major revision the be a fully BC Switch 2.
    No Pro this year. Bowser said nothing about future beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    No Pro this year. Bowser said nothing about future beyond that.
    Wasn't talking about Bowser. The President in Japan. But that might have been in reference to the new version as well.

I don't get honestly why so many people keep talking about a "Switch Pro".

It really feels like it's just in light of Sony and Microsoft doing that, but seriously whenever Nintendo puts out a "more powerful unit", it usually tends to just add another feature or two and be a bit more powerful.

Look at the DS to DSi. Or the 3DS to the N3DS.

As Tech said, I'd expect something like a bit longer of a battery, more memory, and honestly I'd tack on maybe different colors for the Switch itself (Because we all know Nintendo can't resist pumping out different color consoles in the end).

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like reviewers got their hands on Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDLkEtze5vs

No word abauth children like the previos game. Like in fire emblem fates.

Haven't bought a console since the PS3 and was thinking about a PS5 when it releases but the turquoise Switch Lite looks sexy af. And now they are talking about a Dragon Quest 9 Remake (not remaster)!
    Maybe I will get one on Black Friday (don't think it's worth 220€) with games like Smash Bros, Spyro and a few others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Seems like reviewers got their hands on Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDLkEtze5vs

No word abauth children like the previos game. Like in fire emblem fates.
    As far as I'm aware, it's been confirmed at this point it won't have any children as a result of pairing characters up. Frankly, skipping that is a good thing too, if they have to resort to ridiculous shit like the baby realms in Fates to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    As far as I'm aware, it's been confirmed at this point it won't have any children as a result of pairing characters up. Frankly, skipping that is a good thing too, if they have to resort to ridiculous shit like the baby realms in Fates to do it.
    Agreed.

The baby system was fine in Awakening because it fit the story.

Shoving it in for the sake of having the system misses the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Uh what.

That's twisting their words and you know it.

Having multiple teams isn't abnormal. Hell Blizzard has several teams themselves as an example.
    Worst example you could have used, remember when all the devs went off to work on Titan(Overwatch) and heroes.

so the C team (cunts) worked on WoW, and we got....WoD LOLOLOLOLOL.

Different teams are fine, but clearly some teams just aren't as talented as others then you end up with such shit tier quality instead of what you're used to, just look at Legion after blizzard knew they shit the bed with WoD and had to get good devs back for quality content.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Worst example you could have used, remember when all the devs went off to work on Titan(Overwatch) and heroes.

so the C team (cunts) worked on WoW, and we got....WoD LOLOLOLOLOL.

Different teams are fine, but clearly some teams just aren't as talented as others then you end up with such shit tier quality instead of what you're used to, just look at Legion after blizzard knew they shit the bed with WoD and had to get good devs back for quality content.
    The issue with WoD wasn't the team alone, it was the entire concept and that they gave up on it halfway it feels like.

But that's a different topic.

The point still stands that it would be more abnormal to have an entire company only work on one game

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Plenty of indie studios only work on one game at a time. It all depends on the resources you have available to you.
    I think you'll be hard pressed to name one Indie Studio that have as many employees as Blizzard or other "Triple A" developers.