Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Nobody uses it. It's useless. If there are any groups up, they're in most cases in gold or plat territory and I can't queue with them any way.

- - - Updated - - -

They really need to add a role queue to the game. They also need to separate solo play from group players. Ending up vs 5 or 6-stacks when you're all solo players on the team is just ridiculous.
    A 6 stack doesn't get a buff from being partied.

If you can employ charisma you can beat them almost as easily as any other.

Pessimism is bad for your SR.

10+ Year Old Account
    First time playing placements on a new account after getting it to 25, playing only Mei, ranked into diamond. People were complaining about me smurfing even though it's only a new account where I strictly play one character on rather than switching around.
    I really hope you get perma-banned you cheater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody uses it. It's useless. If there are any groups up, they're in most cases in gold or plat territory and I can't queue with them any way.

- - - Updated - - -

They really need to add a role queue to the game. They also need to separate solo play from group players. Ending up vs 5 or 6-stacks when you're all solo players on the team is just ridiculous.
    Role queue isn't going to give you better compositions. It isn't going to help you climb.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I really hope you get perma-banned you cheater.
    I think you need to check what cheating actually is, because playing on a new account isn't cheating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Role queue isn't going to give you better compositions. It isn't going to help you climb.
    It would alleviate getting pissed about people picking 4-5 dps though or ending up with 4-5 people who play support.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you need to check what cheating actually is, because playing on a new account isn't cheating.
    Still a dick move.

It would alleviate getting pissed about people picking 4-5 dps though or ending up with 4-5 people who play support.
    You think it will, but it won't give you better matches. Instead, to shorten queues, you lose other safeguards on match quality.

Still a dick move.
    Nope.

You think it will, but it won't give you better matches. Instead, to shorten queues, you lose other safeguards on match quality.
    Lmao, there are no safeguards to lose.

As often as I don’t agree with Jinro, I’m kind of on his/her side on this one. Jinro is using a new account and playing 1 character. There’s nothing against the rules happening, nor is it bad play.
    I personally hate when people do things like this but that doesn’t make it wrong.

There's a feature called Looking for Group. You should try it.
    Not sure where your SR is at, but where I am between mid-diamond and masters there are barely any groups for comp. Tried making my own groups as well without much luck. I'm sure there are a lot more groups between silver and plat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodd View Post
    Not sure where your SR is at, but where I am between mid-diamond and masters there are barely any groups for comp. Tried making my own groups as well without much luck. I'm sure there are a lot more groups between silver and plat.
    There were literally like 4 comp groups on it when I took a look last night. I know it's useless. But in many ways, its uselessness simply defines how much people really care about having a role queue.

There were literally like 4 comp groups on it when I took a look last night. I know it's useless. But in many ways, its uselessness simply defines how much people really care about having a role queue.
    Do you know why the LFG tool is not so popular? Because people don't want to team up with completely random people. I don't want to group with people I don't know irl or haven't talked to extensively on other platforms. I'd rather play solo. Its lack of popularity has absolutely nothing to do with the desire for role queues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another day of being unable to climb due to incompetents who don't know how to counterplay,
    or deal with Bunker. Dealt with another smurf, and that was not fun, nor even remotely
    close to being fair. Hope this player gets perma-banned after my report.

It is absolutely cheating.

If you want to main a different role, you'd do so on your main account. Nothing is stopping you after all.
    If you have a higher degree of skill and you're purposely playing against those who don't, you have the
    unfair advantage, thus cheating.

Do you know why the LFG tool is not so popular? Because people don't want to team up with completely random people. I don't want to group with people I don't know irl or haven't talked to extensively on other platforms. I'd rather play solo. Its lack of popularity has absolutely nothing to do with the desire for role queues.
    Do you know why world pvp died when BGs were added? Because it turns out that for match based pvp people don't really care who they're grouped up with, as long as they can blame someone else for every loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

It is absolutely cheating.
    No, it really isn't. Cheating is aimbots, wallhacks and such things. Not playing a new account.

No, it really isn't. Cheating is aimbots, wallhacks and such things. Not playing a new account.
    Jinro is correct. As Jeff states,

"Starting a new account is not against the rules. Boosting or throwing is against the rules.

If you start a new account and play normally, the matchmaker determines your skill level very quickly and matches you with similar players."

10+ Year Old Account
    You already have an established account. If you wanted to "main" a new role or character, you can easily do
    so on the one you already have.

But since you don't want to negatively impact that account, you make a substitute account, and become
    one of the worst types of players, the smurf, as well as the instalock who doesn't switch heroes. Why?
    Because since this is a dummy account, you don't really care if you lose or can't do anything against a
    comp. You're just using it as practice for that hero.

Which means you end up costing your team games, because you will in some cases, get hard countered,
    and since you won't switch, your team is now handicapped, and will in most cases, lose. Which would be
    YOUR fault. But again, what do you care, this isn't your main account.

And in some cases where you aren't getting decimated by those who hard counter you, your higher level
    of skill compared to the rest of the group gives your team an unfair advantage because your level of skill
    is much higher than the established rank. So already the playing field is uneven, which yes, makes it unfair,
    and since you are the cause, that makes you the cheater. So yes, it is cheating.

I only hope you get reported enough to get perma-banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Greylan View Post
    If you start a new account and play normally, the matchmaker determines your skill level very quickly and matches you with similar players."
    That is absolutely untrue.

Posters on here, as well as some pro players have tested this, and found that new accounts are created
    so that players can get new higher ranks in other accounts. So if you're hard locked in one rank due to
    the shittiness of the system, you can simply make a new account and somehow get ranked either higher
    or lower (it seems that it's higher for a lot of other players).

And I've had games where I've encountered the same smurf multiple times at low ranks. Even despite
    completely decimating the enemy team, they don't get a massive spike and suddenly go Diamond if they
    destroy a team of Bronzes.

I could accurately rate my performance on every hero in this game.

So if I make an account and place diamond, only playing the heroes where my performance of those heroes belongs, you believe this is cheating?
    ---
    You know I don't swap to my good heroes in a low rank game unless I need to counter another smurf. My teams are usually grateful.

I'm just loling thinking of how fucked it would be if I rolled into a GM game and picked reinhardt, which combined with lack of hero related gamesense and next to no practice would just be throwing.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-07-12 at 09:44 AM.

Some REEing about cheating.
    So, you'd rather someone played an off-hero on their main account, upsetting all their teammates because they're performing far below their current SR until they drop a bunch and eventually stabilize, than make a new account and upset literally no one?

Good talk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    I could accurately rate my performance on every hero in this game.

So if I make an account and place diamond, only playing the heroes where my performance of those heroes belongs, you believe this is cheating?
    ---
    You know I don't swap to my good heroes in a low rank game unless I need to counter another smurf. My teams are usually grateful.

I'm just loling thinking of how fucked it would be if I rolled into a GM game and picked reinhardt, which combined with lack of hero related gamesense and next to no practice would just be throwing.
    I think ThatsOurEric might actually be a satirical caricature rather than a real human being, y'know, like Ali-G. I think we've been trolled this entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    I think ThatsOurEric might actually be a satirical caricature rather than a real human being, y'know, like Ali-G. I think we've been trolled this entire time.
    The frequency at which I encounter his attitude in the actual game leads me to believe otherwise, it is echoed by a bunch of others in this very thread as well.

Started to win alot, got 2670 SR. Suddenly, got into horrid teams with bad comps and people being very toxic and I fell down to 2412 SR.

I mostly solo queue and lately I have joined alot of teams with a premade in it, most often a duo. These duos instalock into dps(widow, hanzo, genji) and the toxic shitthrowing already begins when selecting heroes.

I am a team player and I change accordingly to what the team needs. I play every tank besides Zarya(can if I MUST) and every healer too. If I get to DPS, great. If not, thats allright.

Sadly, this idea of building team comps and then CHANGE hero on the go to counter the enemy team comes very hard for alot of people. So what if the enemy team got 3 counters for Phara? gonna roll with her anyway and scream "I NEED HEALING"

Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    The frequency at which I encounter his attitude in the actual game leads me to believe otherwise, it is echoed by a bunch of others in this very thread as well.
    I didn't ask for rational or logical arguments, I was trying to make a point, dammit.