Poll: How smooth will launch go on a scale of 1-10?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How smooth will launch go?

With 1 being Mists of Pandaria and 10 being Legion...
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

If 1 is Mists of Pandaria, what is Burning Crusade? -100?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    If 1 is Mists of Pandaria, what is Burning Crusade? -100?
    You’ve won this thread.

Whe TBC launched on my server it was impossible to zone through the dark portal for two days.

Loading, loading, loading...... world server down.

It will be legion launch. Smooth af.

It’ll probably be fine with layering honestly. They’ve gotten better with launches since Legion tbh and they’ll be using the same tech.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    You’ve won this thread.

Whe TBC launched on my server it was impossible to zone through the dark portal for two days.

Loading, loading, loading...... world server down.
    Lmao what? Was only a problem a couple of hours. Warlords on the other hand...

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I don't possess a crystal ball and I cannot read the future, I selected the only sensible option, which is I like turtles.
    Also WoD is the worst WoW launch I've experienced. It was nigh unplayable around the garrison. It was so bad we all got a week of free game time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The streamer servers will probably be crashing, but the rest I think will be okay.

15+ Year Old Account
    I voted a 7; in theory, everything should run smooth, but I get a feeling something will be a little off that might cause some crashes or slow authentication.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

I am going to wait a couple days to let the try-hards and streamers go away then I will begin. There won't be that many servers for each region, maybe 3-4 since each server can handle at least 10k per faction.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    so 1 is mist, 10 is legion, -100 is TBC and -50 WoD?

any issues will be with the login servers, not the game servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    What would this make WoD launch? I can't speak for everyone, but I recall at least in NA it being unplayable for the better chunk of a week after launch due to numerous serious issues, most surrounding the Garrison.

On-topic: I foresee a pretty smooth launch, in all honesty. The main issue is going to be mob/quest objective competition even with layering.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Like who cares? I can't understand the mentality of dying to rush in the first hours or days when you know it will be too crowded or laggy or w/e.
    The game is not going anywhere and you've waited a decade for this. You won't die if you play whenever you feel its comfortable for you. But no. I HAVE TO BE THE FIRST TO LOGIN AND RUUUUSH BUT I STILL WANT NO LAG AND NO SERVER/LOGIN ISSUES IN THE FIRST DAY BLIZZERD. PUT SOME MORE PHASING IN MY ASS BLIZZARD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Since I don't possess a crystal ball and I cannot read the future, I selected the only sensible option, which is I like turtles.
    Also WoD is the worst WoW launch I've experienced. It was nigh unplayable around the garrison. It was so bad we all got a week of free game time.
    Oh yeah, I remember this - the very first quest to collect lumber - 10-20 spawn points with 2-3 min respawn time for several thousands ppl. I was doing this quest over an hour. Then my garrison just disappeared - another hour

On topic - Classic will be fine with all this testing and layering. Some competition over mobs and objects will be there of course, but not so tough: 8 of 10.
    Last edited by ssviolett; 2019-07-12 at 02:56 PM.

i would bet there will be no major problems

I'm betting it will be a complete and utter failure, since you won't be there to lend your programming and networking expertise.

Seriously, though...who fucking cares? It will either launch and be ok or it will launch and there will be hiccups and then it will be ok.

5+ Year Old Account
    I took a break from WoW when BC hit so I can't attest to that launch but I find it hard pressed to it beating WoD. That was a total dumpster fire inside of a burning building.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Fucking around in the end of beta event vs playing live. I had a Battle for Nazjatar the other day where Alliance outnumbered Horde (still plenty of horde though) and with under 30 people on one capture point, it was so laggy that it was basically unplayable, well over 1s of lag between abilities.

Playing beta, I don't know, at least 120 people around, no ability lag at all. My FPS was suffering, but there was no ability delay.

Not sure what they are doing with live servers why they're so laggy with so few people, why the chat gets so laggy etc. especially since they don't get like that in BGs on live, but anyway - the classic servers seem to hold up way better to large groups of people.

I think the launch will go pretty well.

5+ Year Old Account
    Smooth as molasses