Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    End bosses are corrupted Jaina and Lor'themar. Horde fights Lor'themar, Alliance fights Jaina.
    this
    seems disappointing enough for BfA ending

if the last boss is N'zoth....it's gonna be really stupid to waste him in this expansion. In my opinion, we will finish this expansion with one more raid against Sylvanas as someone said - we fought so far 2 Warbringers, so it would be logical to fight all 3. She will not be killed, cuz she prolly made deals with Death, but she will move from this faction and leader stuff into something bigger.......like some emissary of death or whatever. So imo, this will be the 8.2.5 and 8.3 storyline.

and 8.3.5 will be N'zoth intro to next expansion, like some cataclysmic shit happens and the world is on defense, kinda making it the end of expansion on the losing side...not high fiving each other and cheerz, but pain and suffering.

now ofc, that's how I wish it would end..........but Blizzard being Blizzard prolly have something different in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Nzoth will be done in 8.3.

With all the glorification and what not, he is merely an Old God, yes merely. He is just one of many servants of Void Lords and by himself is insignificant compared to what we will have to deal with next.

8.3 will be Nyalotha, because we're at endgame now and everything points at that being next. Heck, you have Zaqul, Harbinger of Nyalotha and Uunat, Harbinger of Void in raid, I mean how more obvious it has to be now what 8.3 will be?
    It's really not as obvious as you pretend it to be. Old Gods are not "mere" creatures. They are capable of corrupting an entire planet if left unchecked.

Azshara is the clear candidate. Her third death will usher in the Void Lords. N'zoth + Azshara fight may be possible, but I'm hoping for more. I could be disappointed, I suppose.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell would you want another old god expansion again? Cata was pretty much that and since the dawn of WoW, every expansion have had atleast some Old Gods stuff in it.

I would be very surprised if we saw an expansion to do with the old gods or just the void in general any time soon. The theme of the Void has already been spent quite well over Legion and BFA. Its just really a hard sell. Besides, Yogg'Saron and C'thun are not really interesting entities, and the same with N'zoth. Their story has been told, their fights have been had and the idea of corruption Azeroth have nearly been completed by N'zoth. What else is there for them to do? Do you want another endtime or what?

So just no. Get the old gods out of the way and let us focus on some new bad guys, in the form of the Void gods or something like that. Maybe an expansion built on the light? Where they are either good or bad, where we fight both them and a Void God maybe
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

People seem to be debating if Yogg is alive or dead, to clear up the confusion...he dead.

You fight him in his prison, so it's not like you're fighting to push him back into his prison. His last words are "Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh." which of course means "The shadow of my corpse will choke this land for all eternity"

So is he alive? no, I say you he dead.

Same with C'thun, which is kind of mentioned by Xal'Atath when she says that one one of the 4 old God's would remain to consume the world and she's surprised that it's the weakest one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Why the hell would you want another old god expansion again? Cata was pretty much that and since the dawn of WoW, every expansion have had atleast some Old Gods stuff in it.

I would be very surprised if we saw an expansion to do with the old gods or just the void in general any time soon. The theme of the Void has already been spent quite well over Legion and BFA. Its just really a hard sell. Besides, Yogg'Saron and C'thun are not really interesting entities, and the same with N'zoth. Their story has been told, their fights have been had and the idea of corruption Azeroth have nearly been completed by N'zoth. What else is there for them to do? Do you want another endtime or what?

So just no. Get the old gods out of the way and let us focus on some new bad guys, in the form of the Void gods or something like that. Maybe an expansion built on the light? Where they are either good or bad, where we fight both them and a Void God maybe
    From what i've been gathering, the Void Lords need Azeroth to be completely under the control of an Old God so they can come here and not die over time. It exist permanently, Azeroth needs to be completely corrupted. So N'Zoth would be the gate way to the Void Lord expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Know what bothers me about C'Thun and Yogg being dead? The demons that were killed by Sargaras respawned when they were killed as they returned to the Void to be reborn. Would that also happen with the Old Gods? Or do they just get screwed out of resurrection?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post

Cata was not a fully old god themed expansion, it was mainly about elementals and dragons.

Do we know how Azj'aquir Empire looked like? Or how full-fledged Old Gods looked like? Or how actual Black Empire looked like? Nope. They still have quite many things to show us. Remember Black Empire vs Titanforged war was the most big event of all history of Azeroth.

The rebirth of the Black Empire has been mentioned many times during the whole BfA, so I think it is gonna happen anyway. We just don't know when it happens.. 8.3 or 9.0.ㅈ2
    Last edited by Trient; 2019-07-13 at 03:58 AM.

N'Zoth will likely be the final boss but yeah, I'd prefer they save him for a better time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    From what i've been gathering, the Void Lords need Azeroth to be completely under the control of an Old God so they can come here and not die over time. It exist permanently, Azeroth needs to be completely corrupted. So N'Zoth would be the gate way to the Void Lord expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Know what bothers me about C'Thun and Yogg being dead? The demons that were killed by Sargaras respawned when they were killed as they returned to the Void to be reborn. Would that also happen with the Old Gods? Or do they just get screwed out of resurrection?
    They didn't go to the void they went to the nether, a different place entirely. Whole point of old gods on a planet is for there to be one remaining. Which was why the black empire was at war with itself with the 4 fighting until the titans arrived. The ripping out of Y'Saarj, the killing of C'thun and Yogg thousands of years later have in one way or another played into N'Zoth's hands. Now he is free he can consume the corpses of the 2 we killed which was the intent from the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    They didn't go to the void they went to the nether, a different place entirely. Whole point of old gods on a planet is for there to be one remaining. Which was why the black empire was at war with itself with the 4 fighting until the titans arrived. The ripping out of Y'Saarj, the killing of C'thun and Yogg thousands of years later have in one way or another played into N'Zoth's hands. Now he is free he can consume the corpses of the 2 we killed which was the intent from the start.
    What is the result of consuming their corpses. I haven't heard about that part yet. It is the obvious result of N'Zoth getting stronger?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    The final boss is Void Sylvanaszhara who was just having tentacle sex with N'zoth.
    Angry at being interrupted, the entity fight us while Nathanos asks us to kill Sylvanas as it is part of her plans
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Kinda agree.

He makes more sense to hold back for the next expansion as he's such a Big Bad. Dealing with Sylvanus and resolving the faction conflict is probably more important to the story as well.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBrute View Post
    After seeing the final cinematic for the new raid, I have to say I’m a bit worried. I know there’s been talk going around about how we should know who the final boss of the expansion is by now, and if that’s the case then N’zoth seems like the obvious choice they’re pointing to. HOWEVER I hope and pray that blizzard does not choose to do this as it would be a huge waste of a HUGE (both physically and developed) character.

1. HIS PAST: As a massive N’zoth fan myself, I have done my research time and time again to try and piece together everything this game has to offer about his character. If you weren’t already aware, he has been manipulating and been present through multiple huge WoW moments. He was completely responsible for the emerald nightmare, which has been a thing since early Warcraft. He was completely responsible for the corruption and mission given to Deathwing, AKA ALL OF CATA. He was responsible for the creation and use of the Naga as well as Azshara (if you didn’t already know that.) who also has been responsible for countless events making N’zoth responsible by extension. He is even speculated to have been responsible for the Legions return in WoD and Legion!! If you want more information on that I encourage you to check out Bellulars video about it.

2. HE IS A THREAT: Sure we’ve “defeated” Yogg and Cthun.. But those were only extremely small pieces! If those “pieces” can be considered a final boss of a huge raid (like ahn'qiraj and ulduar were) then surely N’zoth in his full form can’t be. EVEN THE TITANS HAD TROUBLE DEALING WITH THEM! If they could only imprison these God’s then we shouldn’t be able to kill them with 40 measly people.

3. YOGG SARON AND CTHUN ARE STILL ALIVE: that’s right people, they are. Still imprisoned in their respective prisons. If you don’t remember, in Legion and early BfA we ran into both of them again! Maybe not C’thun exactly, but definitely Yogg. In Legion we get a quest with Magni to explore Ulduar because of some disturbances again. Turns out YOGG SARON IS STILL ACTIVE IN THERE! Confirmed by Magni himself. Also if you’ve been living under a rock, you might’ve missed the giant sword going into silithus exposing the powerful azerite just waiting for SOMEONE to soak it up. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

3 part 2. ALL EYES SHALL BE OPENED: If N’zoth is as smart as I know he is then he will immodestly restore the big 3, AKA Yogg Cthun and Himself back to power. Before they were imprisoned, and after Y’shaarj was killed, they teamed up against the Titans. Now that the titans are gone and there are not more threats it’s time for N’zoth to do what he does best and FREE THEM each of them taking over their respective territories. This could lead to a world revamp, a level squish, and more if blizzard just played their cards right. It could also lead to the awakening of Azeroth herself at the end as well.

4. NY’ALOTHA: It’s not a little patch city that we do world quests through, it’s a piece of the black empire kept alive by burying it under the ocean! Ny’alotha should be raised and it should be an expansion zone not a patch one, as should the dragons isles but that’s a separate topic. SUCH WASTED HISTORY AND POTENTIAL if they make it another Argus.

5. ANOTHER FINAL BOSS: A simple solution to a more complex then it needs to be problem. Just make another final boss! Whether it’s Nathanos, Azshara round 2, Sylvanas, Anduin, I don’t care anything but N’zoth. Honestly just finish the Horde vs Alliance thing this expansion and go full Old Gods next expansion, opening with Azshara round 2 as the first raid. That would make much more sense.

TL;DR: Don’t make N’zoth the final boss. Bring back the other 2 old gods and save them for an Old God expansion in 9.0.

Let me know what other final boss you think would fit the bill, or other ideas you have. Thanks for reading! (Praise the god of the Deep
    In your post about being scared of losing N'Zoth you explain how even if we fight a boss, that boss might not even die. That means we can fight N'Zoth and never kill him. Making your entire thought process an infinite loophole of "what if's".

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that Ny'alotha would be a pretty good expansion continent.

Keep in mind that Ny'alotha wasn't anywhere on the Azeroth continent. This only leaves 2 choices overall - It was in the outside sea area (Thus finally giving us an area that isn't in the overtly cluttered middle of the map), OR it was an underground city (I feel this is more likely. The Silithid and the Nerubians are both burrowing races, with Azjol'Nerub being a huge mega-city underground that basically stretches throughout quite a bit of Northrend, at least going from the SE portion of Dragonblight, up into the NE most portion of Northrend, and down into the SW area of Borean Tundra).

With JUST Azjol'Nerub being that big, can you imagine how large the Aqir empire must have been? And since the Aqir were the servants of the Old Gods, it stands to reason that the SINGLE mentioned city of the Old Gods, Ny'Alotha, should be gargantuan. Think of Surumar City, except that instead of being 35% or so of the zone, it's 100% of the zone, with it's outskirts making up the remaining 4-5 expansion zones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    N'Zoth will likely be the final boss but yeah, I'd prefer they save him for a better time.
    I agree the final boss will have his fingerprints on it but no way is that going to end him, they're going milk that for an expac (which is good).

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    3.1) Yes, and they are imprisoned. What does this have to do with N'zoth being the final boss? Also, Blizz could easily say that Sargeras' sword killed C'thun.
    Hmm... in Uldir we had Saronite coming from Yogg. What if Azerite isn't from Azeroth but is actually C'thun's blood? We already know Magni is a dope and was tricked and used.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaiba1 View Post
    Also who is to say that Xal'atath isn't the final boss? We cannot leave her out at all, She is after all... an Old God...
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Xal%27atath doesn't really support your claim. However...

Eventually, it found its way into the hands of a troll named Zan'do, an ambitious Gurubashi witch doctor ousted from his prestigious position by his rivals. Xal'atath easily twisted his mind, preying upon his anger and turning his thoughts of revenge into an obsession.
    One could argue that Sylvanas has been "twisted" and become obsessed with a few things... like ensuring the undead survive and stopping the Alliance from wiping out races they dislike.

Xal'atath guided Zan'do and his followers to a mound of black stone at the foot of the Zandalar mountains. ... Xal'atath encouraged Zan'do to make blood offerings to Kith'ix, and the witch doctor butchered his companions in a profane ritual. At its conclusion, Zan'do plunged Xal'atath into Kith'ix's hide. The beast awakened and rose once more, and Zan'do and his followers were never seen again.
    When we got the dagger, it had us butcher nearby naga in a blood ritual. It hasn't been used to stab anything yet though. It is possible that Sylvanas and/or Nathanos will use it to stab a buffed Azshara in the next raid... and never been seen again. Then they're gone, they don't die, and Sylvanas isn't a raid boss. It is a puzzle piece that fits the conditions given to us.

Kith'ix awakened the slumbering aqir and sent them to scour the surface of Azeroth, unleashing the full extent of Xal'atath's dark powers against the trolls. Though they would eventually defeat him and his insectoid armies, they never forgot the might of Xal'atath. Many tribes still whisper stories about the black blade that nearly brought them to extinction.
    A "part two" of this caused by Sylvanas would fit well with the Panda-land story about the Klaxxi waiting to fulfil their destiny. And it sets us up perfectly for a Black Empire expansion. And it fits perfectly with "Her (Azshara) third death causes our return".

The problem here is Xal'atath isn't in the dagger anymore, and it is unclear if it has power without her in there. We also don't know if anyone or anything else has been bound in there yet.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    It would be so cool if Y'Shaarj somehow returns. The only Old God we've never really had a chance to meet.

What if N'Zoth brings back Yogg and C'Thun as his minions and while we have the 3 of them weakened Y'Shaarj reveals himself to still be alive (Even if he's a shell of what he once was) and consumes N'Zoth, Yogg and C'Thun to restore himself to full strength making him the true final boss (or the boss of next expansion) and allows us to defeat all 4 Old Gods at once.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    *snip*
    Very interesting post and theory. Thanks.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Yogg doesn't have any eyes. So you can't open them. If it were 'ALL MOUTHS WILL OPEN' then I'd be on board.

However, I'm 100% on board for an old gods expansion. If they want to extend WoW much more it should probably go:

Ex9 Old Gods

Ex10 Sargeras

Ex11 Void Gods

End.
    You forgot emerald dreams
    Shadow lands
    And Maelstrom.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiba1 View Post
    I think 8.3 will be N'Zoth, but only a piece of him, and then he will retreat, then 9.0 begins. 9.0 will pick up where we left off with N'Zoth, however it will be the entire Black Empire, and not just 1 god, listen to the whispers, "At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming." The word Our is plural for many, meaning MULTIPLE Old Gods, and im not talking about just the 6 we know (Xal"atath; C'thun; Yogg'Saron; N'Zoth; Y'Sharrj; G'Huun) there could be many MANY more.
    Xal'atath isn't classified as an old god despite being as old as the black empire. Unclear if G'huun counts.

I'm pretty sure the "our coming" is going to be the new wave of mantids that will lead the black empire's armies. I think the (empty?) Xal'atath dagger will be used to stab Azshara, and that will summon the next gear swarm leader. That swarm will support N'zoth and restart the black empire.

I don't know the MoP lore that well since I didn't play, but I believe at the time we were foretold as a "wakener" correct? Maybe we are, and the timing was just wrong. Maybe we'll waken the swarm now that N'zoth is free.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.