Page 1 of 3
LastLast

This generation's cartoon.

Every generation has their own cartoon.

Boomers: Looney Tunes.

Gen Xers: Simpsons.

Millennials: Spongebob.

What is the cartoon for Zoomers? Maybe Adventure Time?

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Every generation has their own cartoon.

Boomers: Looney Tunes.

Gen Xers: Simpsons.

Millennials: Spongebob.

What is the cartoon for Zoomers? Maybe Adventure Time?
    You're lumping huge age ranges into a single cartoon. While maybe that works for boomers and gen xers. Millenials range from a birth year of 1981 - 1996. I dont know anyone who was watching spongebob at age 18 when it came out

I'm 31 (born in 1987), my girlfriend is 30 (born in 1989). Since the age of Gen Y starts at 1980, I'd say Family Guy and South Park have been "The Cartoon".

Spongebob is actually a pretty decent show for all ages though. Hidden adult humor is what makes shows live through the ages, I've noticed.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've heard it would be Teen Titans: Go.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    millennial here. spongebob was for sure not a cartoon I watched.

Now Thundercats was the shit
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Rick and Morty. That show is fucking everywhere...

Also, I think for Millenials it would be Family Guy over Spongebob.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Our Cartoon President.
    (this is a thing)
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Probably Rick and Morty. That show is fucking everywhere...

Also, I think for Millenials it would be Family Guy over Spongebob.
    Gonna take an gut feeling here and say SpongeBob has made far more of an impact on pop culture over Family Guy.

Horribly bias for SpongeBob though. So many good quotes/references to take from it.

Family guy is trash. Spongebob is way more influental and everyone loves Spongebob.

Xer here, I can't agree with the Simpsons as that didn't start until 1989, which according to the internet would make it a Millenial cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Xer here, I can't agree with the Simpsons as that didn't start until 1989, which according to the internet would make it a Millenial cartoon.

What would have been a better choice?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

GI Joe, 100%

as for zoomers, it's looking like the loud house will be their cartoon. it started in 2016, and it's kinda "woke", but it does it in a rather tasteful way at least.

Looney Tunes.

Flintstones would be more Boomer, although really boomers didn't grow up with a TV in the house as often as Gen-X did.

You'd be better off looking for wider generational trends than specific cartoons.

Like Boomers - Vietnam Draft and supply side economics.

Gen-X - MTV and sarcastic disaffection.

Millennials - 9/11 and urban flight.

Challenge of the Go-Bots was better than all that garbage!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post

Only by age. Most Millenials were in diapers or not even born in 1989. I wasnt even allowed to watch the Simpsons.

No one said Doug, Rugrats, Angry Monsters, Cat Dog, Rocket Power, etc for Millenials? Thats like the golden era Nick cartoons. We also hard early Cartoon Network: Ed Edd and Eddie, Powerpuff Girls, Dexters Lab, etc.

People say Spongebob. I feel like Spongebob was popular then but it really didn't dominate until you hit late Millenials/Gen Z viewers.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    You're lumping huge age ranges into a single cartoon. While maybe that works for boomers and gen xers. Millenials range from a birth year of 1981 - 1996. I dont know anyone who was watching spongebob at age 18 when it came out
    I sure as hell wasn't. I'm from 85 and I grew up on Dragon Ball Z, Saint Seiya, Bruce Timm's Batman and Superman's animated series, FOX's Spider-man and X-Men cartoons, Dinosaurs, Doug, Hey Arnold, and The Simpsons. As I was entering junior high I got the awesome Justice League cartoon and was watching South Park, Family Guy and Chappelle's Show. Those were the last shows I watched in High School which was all a blur and I don't recall what I watched after those.

For my age it was He-Man and Transformers which were badass and fucking awesome.
    I guess for this age, I think that Steven Universe is about trannies or some shit I hear so I guess that one.