Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    After they have been pushing faction identity & pride etc. for the last couple years? No chance. Also, Blizzard isn't famous for turning their core game principles upside down.
    ... They are actually famous for that. That's why Vanilla is at its core such a different game from retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    I don't think you understand.

Just because it would be a complete world revamp, it doesnt mean it can't have a new large zone that isn't attached. Give us 3 new zones on a single island, and make the rest of it the old world revamp.

In addition, kill leveling. I'm so tired of it. Put us all at 60, and make expansions "merit" leveling. By doing certain things, completing story lines, dungeons, etc, you get merits. The merits let you equip certain items, etc. Leveling has to die, or we will just be right back where we are now, wanting to squish levels again. Switch to a merit system, and all of that done with. You can get your merit stacks during the expansion and a FoS for completing merits. If you arrive after, you auto get the merits necessary to wield older gear, but no FoS.

But yeah, I like most of this. I just want leveling dead.
    I like this idea! Maybe they could do the same thing they've done with professions that you got "Draenor Alchemy: 100/100, Kul Tiras Alchemy 67/100" and so on. So you can hop straight to the latest expansion and work your way through that. If you want you can work on other's expansions contents as well (plus it wouldn't make older content completely obsolete).
    Last edited by thsevecha; 2019-07-11 at 10:57 PM. Reason: misspelled: professions lol

sylvanas? dying? i dont think so.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Even if it sounds good on paper/forums. Doesn't mean the gameplay will be enjoyable. Look at BFA and how its going since launch. They can announce whatever but doesn't mean its gonna be good when it goes live. BFA story already sucks with all the holes in it while the narrative team stay silent on addressing it. Also can't blame activision for lame story, class changes and other aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by araistlinx View Post
    You ever wonder if it's really Blizz employees throwing out a bunch of nonsense ideas to see the reaction and then they discuss said reaction?
    It's far too late to change direction on the next expansion for that to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Yep. A lot of this stuff is actually likely (at some point), but Tinker proves it's fake.
    I am curious about what you think the new class would be. Every other expansion always has given us one:

1st expansion- none
    2nd expansion - Death Knights
    3rd expansion - none
    4th expansion - Monks
    5th expansion - none
    6th expansion - Demon Hunters
    7th expansion - none
    8th expansion - ????

I do not like tinker crap, I don't like steampunk, and I never did like that kind of stuff on WoW, but over the years I have learned to accept everything Blizz does because there are no other options if I want to play their games. However, with all the Mecha stuff, I am thinking that it might be coming. Also, I believe that it is inevitable at some point, if not 9.0 then another day, that the factions will be dissolved. War Mode will still let players attack each other as a game mechanic, but the game itself, I think, will change fundamentally. 8 expansions in, let us say there will be 8 more. How much can they really do without remaking the game, revamping the world to make for a better design, and so forth? Oh, I rambled, anyway, I wonder what the new class will be this time.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Yeah lol. This looks very legitimate and I can actually really believe most of it because the leaker really thought about how Blizzard would actually time-table out the content releases, but this is the big sore thumb that sticks out.

We're never going to lose Artifact Power grind, or Class Halls/Garrisons. They're systems that are here to stay for the rest of the game's life.

Now, granted, perhaps this leak is real and the plan to "not have an AP grind in this expansion" is some early wishful thinking on the Dev's parts that will be dashed by upper management and put into the release anyways. I dunno.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to say that this leak is true or not, but people on development teams talk. You can make people sign NDAs and contracts all you want to stop them from tweeting shit or posting it on Reddit or whatever, but they're still going to talk and gossip with other people. People will whisper it to their friends or significant others, or to people on the art team.

I posit that many well-constructed leaks are actually true or at least based on information that was true at some point. A guy on the art team is hearing these leaks from the dev team through the filter of the guy whispering the leaks to him, and then he's just telephoning us the information the best he understands it/can remember it/transcribe it.

Most leaks tend to happen this way, someone who knows NDA information tells their friend "hey you didn't hear this from me and don't tell anyone else..." and then that friend leaks the information to someone else, who leaks it to someone else, who leaks it to a rumor mill, who spreads it to places like here. Brash and crazy ideas that seem like they'd never make it in a game like WoW can, at stages of conceptualization and development, actually be real planned features that never make it to live.

- - - Updated - - -

So do you think all the real leaks we've gotten just fell out of the fucking sky, lol? When the entirety of the Cataclysm expansion was leaked, including the entire revamped Azeroth map (still in development) and early planned but scrapped features (segregated Orgrimmar), those leaks just came from the back of a cereal box, yeah?

Spoiler alert: All leaks come either directly or indirectly from the fucking developers do not be such a god damned knob.
    Ok. If you believe all the contradictory leaks here are true then who am I to mock your faith.

But on a real note, not one single xpack has been leaked in this manner. No xpack was leaked by some guy with an angry fired blizzard dev source spilling all the beans om reddit or 4chan in great detail months prior to the xpack announcement. Post Cataclysm xpacks have had some information leaked DAYS before they were announced, but none of them were leaked this way.

But like I said. If you have faith and you wish to not be a "knob" then more power to you.

It's funny to me that people dismiss tinkers. They're "never going to happen" in the same way that death knights and demon hunters were "never going to happen". Blizzard isn't going to pull some new class out of their ass when they have the tinker right there as an option. Not to mention BfA is pretty much a walking advertisement for tinker as a class.

That being said, I don't buy them merging allied races into other races. There's honestly just no way it'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post
    Ok. If you believe all the contradictory leaks here are true then who am I to mock your faith.
    That's not what I said lol.

But on a real note, not one single xpack has been leaked in this manner.
    Except, you know, the whole thing I just described with Cataclysm that leaked all over 4chan and other places lol.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    So, someone claiming to be from the art team, went to 4chan yesterday to make an AMA about the next xpac and BfA.
    https://imgur.com/a/0isO9sG

take it with a grain of salt as always, because this is borderline "its so retarded that blizzard will probably do it".
    For me, im still laughing with the Sylvanas fate and Tyrande's betrayal part because its Something that Danuser and Furor would pull it out.
    I likie this one 10 char

7+ Year Old Account
    The leak OP posted here is most likely the only thing that would freshen up the stale game that WoW currently is. Which is why I highly doubt the credibility of this leak.
    But one soul lies anxious wide awake Fearing no manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths...

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    I am curious about what you think the new class would be. Every other expansion always has given us one:

1st expansion- none
    2nd expansion - Death Knights
    3rd expansion - none
    4th expansion - Monks
    5th expansion - none
    6th expansion - Demon Hunters
    7th expansion - none
    8th expansion - ????

I do not like tinker crap, I don't like steampunk, and I never did like that kind of stuff on WoW, but over the years I have learned to accept everything Blizz does because there are no other options if I want to play their games. However, with all the Mecha stuff, I am thinking that it might be coming. Also, I believe that it is inevitable at some point, if not 9.0 then another day, that the factions will be dissolved. War Mode will still let players attack each other as a game mechanic, but the game itself, I think, will change fundamentally. 8 expansions in, let us say there will be 8 more. How much can they really do without remaking the game, revamping the world to make for a better design, and so forth? Oh, I rambled, anyway, I wonder what the new class will be this time.
    I don't doubt that they might add another class. I just think Tinker is one of the worst fitting classes possible. There is almost no basis for it in the game beyond a profession (which admittedly does need some love) and a goofy, unimportant hero unit in WCIII. Riding around on a robot shooting missiles is a stupid concept for a game like this. The new classes have always CLOSELY related to the theme of the expansion, and I doubt 'tinker' will fit in with whatever the next expansion brings. The only way I think they could swing it is if they lean into Titan technology, which is possible due to the way the story is advancing. But if they go that route, I think 'tinker' would be a REALLY lame way to integrate titan tech. Outside of the mechagnome npcs, you don't really see many 'goofy robot' titan things, and that's the only way you could use a name like 'tinker'. I could see a variant of the idea around 'piloting' a suit of advanced robotic gear (salvaged titan tech maybe?). There is precedent for that, harvesterbots for goblins, various robotic suits for gnomes (gnomeregan boss for example). It would also create an opportunity to branch out and create something cool and thematically relevant without just caving to the 'STEAMPUNK GOOD' crowd. I don't know why I draw such a distinction between riding a robot and piloting a suit, but riding a robot just sounds hokey whereas piloting a suit ironman style sounds reasonable if done right.

I won't completely discount it because they are running out of niches to fill, so they may turn to that... but if they do, they are doing so because they can't think of anything else.
    Last edited by Rhaide; 2019-07-12 at 09:42 PM.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

I don't doubt that they might add another class. I just think Tinker is one of the worst fitting classes possible. There is almost no basis for it in the game beyond a profession (which admittedly does need some love) and a goofy, unimportant hero unit in WCIII. Riding around on a robot shooting missiles is a stupid concept for a game like this. The new classes have always CLOSELY related to the theme of the expansion, and I doubt 'tinker' will fit in with whatever the next expansion brings. The only way I think they could swing it is if they lean into Titan technology, which is possible due to the way the story is advancing. But if they go that route, I think 'tinker' would be a REALLY lame way to integrate titan tech. Outside of the mechagnome npcs, you don't really see many 'goofy robot' titan things, and that's the only way you could use a name like 'tinker'. I could see a variant of the idea around 'piloting' a suit of advanced robotic gear (salvaged titan tech maybe?). There is precedent for that, harvesterbots for goblins, various robotic suits for gnomes (gnomeregan boss for example). It would also create an opportunity to branch out and create something cool and thematically relevant without just caving to the 'STEAMPUNK GOOD' crowd. I don't know why I draw such a distinction between riding a robot and piloting a suit, but riding a robot just sounds hokey whereas piloting a suit ironman style sounds reasonable if done right.

I won't completely discount it because they are running out of niches to fill, so they may turn to that... but if they do, they are doing so because they can't think of anything else.
    The mechagnomes and mechagon, one of the greatest tinkers has gone missing, allowing a search for him, the two teams on each faction for island expeditions showing very tinker-like abilities as well as potential tank/dps/heal specs.

People understand that a tinker might not really align with the next expansion (which people believe is old god/void themed) which is why they're laying the foundation for the tinker now since it DOESN'T fit into the next one.

I'll just say this in response to a lot of comments. If you think Vulpera are likely to be added but tinkers aren't, you're delusional.

If the next expansion is old god related then I can see how Tinkers can be introduced as a hero class. By focusing on mechanical stuff they do represent something that is the opposite of the curse of the flesh. Maybe they are immune to certain old god stuff.

Frankly, the only thing that makes me believe this is fake is that it's too good.

There's too many things the players want in it. It has to be fake because it's not disappointing enough.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    That's not what I said lol.

Except, you know, the whole thing I just described with Cataclysm that leaked all over 4chan and other places lol.
    I literally just said any post cata xpack. None of the xpacks in this decade have been leaked this way.

What do you think the new class might be, speculation.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    I like this leak
    So do I, something of this scale is what I would expect to revive interest in wow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Knew it was a fake as soon as I saw Tinker.
    Why? A mail using robot class sounds fake?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    all the "leaks" speak of the factions' end!
    bcause it's one of the talking points... it's a cheap way to get "hell yeah" from people.