haha I was too slow on the deletion.

I finally got it to download, so I dunno what was with the whole, "you don't have permission to download unless you have a premium membership" BS it was giving me. Though, I hadn't updated the program when it was giving me that error. And updating seemed to fix it.

Been playing a lot of Baldur's Gate and got the itch to play some Skyrim again. Has anyone used STEP? Is it worth the effort?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Been playing a lot of Baldur's Gate and got the itch to play some Skyrim again. Has anyone used STEP? Is it worth the effort?
    I did. It's painful to set up (because it takes a looooong time plus eventual other mods you decide to put into) but in the end it pays off imho. Makes everything run smoothly and has the "improved vanilla" feeling that for me is important. If i wanted an overhaul i'd download it.

Having a so huge mod compilation to work without crashes it's great.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I did. It's painful to set up (because it takes a looooong time plus eventual other mods you decide to put into) but in the end it pays off imho. Makes everything run smoothly and has the "improved vanilla" feeling that for me is important. If i wanted an overhaul i'd download it.

Having a so huge mod compilation to work without crashes it's great.
    SSE has the wonder of being stable with this type of stuff, as long as you don't install stuff that breaks monsters animations like Immersive creatures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    SSE has the wonder of being stable with this type of stuff, as long as you don't install stuff that breaks monsters animations like Immersive creatures.
    What do you mean? I've used IC before I don't think I ever had any issues. I do remember the last time I tried playing that I crashed a LOT, even after hours of mod combining and cleaning. I wonder if something behind-the-scenes in IC was doing it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

you know, where i've been playing eso, it's been making me think about some lore stuff again.

to me, i feel like skyrim confirmed that akatosh is the truth of that specific deity. the dragons are immortal entities, they're not like other creatures in the world. they existed from the beginning. they say akatosh and confirm he is the dragon god of time, and if anyone would know for sure, it'd be them. paarthurnax has no reason to lie, either.

on top of that, we've never seen him do anything under the name auriel. the elves have legends that say he used the shield and bow in battle, but they're just legends. every time he's acted on nirn has been under the name akatosh, as the dragon god. manifesting his power through the red diamond for the vestige, you're armed in a celestial version of the emperor's regalia. martin septim takes the form of the dragon and btfo dagon.

maybe it's just that the marukhati selective was so successful that it purged every instance of the auriel aspect from history, leaving only akatosh. though you would think that would purge it from the minds of the elves as well.

that reminds me as well, CHIM, amaranth, etc.. the daedric princes, they're all selfish and want nirn to their selves. dagon, bal, nocturnal, mephala, and clavicus vile all tried to take over nirn directly. but these beings, especially nocturnal(as the oldest of the princes, and supposedly one of the oldest beings) and hermaeus mora, must know of CHIM at the very least. bal is the one that gave the secret to vivec, right? why do they not just use the walking ways to escape the false reality and truly create their own reality through amaranth? i would suspect it's because they're far too ingrained to the false reality, as aspects of it. too sure of its truth.

nocturnal's attempt at taking nirn is the one that made me question this the most, because of the existential nature of what she tried to do. it'd have forced her to see reality as lorkhan did.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    you know, where i've been playing eso, it's been making me think about some lore stuff again.

to me, i feel like skyrim confirmed that akatosh is the truth of that specific deity. the dragons are immortal entities, they're not like other creatures in the world. they existed from the beginning. they say akatosh and confirm he is the dragon god of time, and if anyone would know for sure, it'd be them. paarthurnax has no reason to lie, either.

on top of that, we've never seen him do anything under the name auriel. the elves have legends that say he used the shield and bow in battle, but they're just legends. every time he's acted on nirn has been under the name akatosh, as the dragon god. manifesting his power through the red diamond for the vestige, you're armed in a celestial version of the emperor's regalia. martin septim takes the form of the dragon and btfo dagon.

maybe it's just that the marukhati selective was so successful that it purged every instance of the auriel aspect from history, leaving only akatosh. though you would think that would purge it from the minds of the elves as well.

that reminds me as well, CHIM, amaranth, etc.. the daedric princes, they're all selfish and want nirn to their selves. dagon, bal, nocturnal, mephala, and clavicus vile all tried to take over nirn directly. but these beings, especially nocturnal(as the oldest of the princes, and supposedly one of the oldest beings) and hermaeus mora, must know of CHIM at the very least. bal is the one that gave the secret to vivec, right? why do they not just use the walking ways to escape the false reality and truly create their own reality through amaranth? i would suspect it's because they're far too ingrained to the false reality, as aspects of it. too sure of its truth.

nocturnal's attempt at taking nirn is the one that made me question this the most, because of the existential nature of what she tried to do. it'd have forced her to see reality as lorkhan did.
    There's also female Dragons known as Jill, and they pop up at every time wound or dragon break to fix it.
    Sadly Bethesda lost its opportunity to show one at the Throat of the World after Alduin's fight or during the MQ.

Mephala cares only for herself, Azura is still mantling old Testament God, and Boethiah is occupied doing her stuff like lying that she's male by using Trinimac's skin while she roams around tamriel desecrating his shrines. also the fact that Nerevar is her biological son with a powerful mortal, thus making him a Demiprince

FudgeMuppet released a neat video about Miraak today

There's also female Dragons known as Jill, and they pop up at every time wound or dragon break to fix it.
    Sadly Bethesda lost its opportunity to show one at the Throat of the World after Alduin's fight or during the MQ.

Mephala cares only for herself, Azura is still mantling old Testament God, and Boethiah is occupied doing her stuff like lying that she's male by using Trinimac's skin while she roams around tamriel desecrating his shrines. also the fact that Nerevar is her biological son with a powerful mortal, thus making him a Demiprince

FudgeMuppet released a neat video about Miraak today
    [video=youtube;HBiS4G5W-kg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBiS4G5W-kg[video]
    huh, hadn't heard of jills before. kinda funny they're supposed to be the healers lol, that'd trigger some people.

but yeah, the dremora questioned by the college of whispers said they have always been and just exist. so what paarthurnax says is definitely true. if that's the case, akatosh must be the truth of that aedra.

but you see though, if any of these princes achieved amaranth, they could have an entire universe to their selves. though, it's arguable the godhead has 0 control over how the universe plays out, and no active consciousness of what's going on in it. so maybe achieving amaranth isn't the greatest outcome, when they already have god-like power.

- - - Updated - - -

also, miraak to me, shows that the dragons and dragonborn cannot be taken by the princes by force. at least, their soul can't.

thousands of years in apocrypha, and miraak is unchanged. mora can't stop the dragonborn from absorbing miraak's soul, either, which is exactly what miraak wanted to dowith the dragonborn's soul, giving him the power to rip his way out of apocrypha if needed.

there is the case of durnehviir, but he's just cursed by deal he made and doesn't want to actually die if he just chooses to leave and break the deal. he probably could leave without honoring the deal, but he'd rot until he died outside of the soulcairn.

so, you're kinda scamming all the princes that you work for in the quests in games. bal, hircine, they all think they get a new soul to serve them. but in the end, you just get sucked back into akatosh.

You know it's funny, Akatosh probably sent Alduin to countless worlds to eat that world's egg, so that it can be reborn again (because construction and deconstruction are 2 sides to the same coin) without issue. Send Alduin to Nirn to do the same thing, and Alduin just decides that he had enough and decides that he wants a vacation via dominating and subjugating the inhabitants to his whims. Probably thought he could toy with the people a bit before, eventually, getting around to eating the world as he is supposed to do.

Only Akatosh is the kind of god that checks up on his children, and quite frankly is unimpressed by Alduin's vacation, and decides to mess with Alduin by giving one of Alduin's Dragon Priests the gift of the Dragon Blood. Only for Miraak to go, "fuck that shit, I want to do my own thing." Then Akatosh is like, OMG, can't any of my children just DO AS THEY ARE TOLD? KYNE! Get Paarthurnax on the phone, time to plan b this shit!

Only Plan B takes fucking forever since Akatosh had no idea just how long Alduin would remain trapped on the currents of time. But once emerged, he bestows the gift of the Dragon Blood on a random mortal, who actually does his job and "kills" Alduin so that Akatosh can restart the process again, probably in a thousand years or so.

So... Yeah, Nirn was never intended to go on this long in this form. Only reason why it did is because Alduin shirked his responsibilities and Akatosh took a long time to get back the reins. I sometimes wonder if the last Dragonborn, instead of going to Sovngarde, will be reborn as an actual dragon as a reward for dealing with Alduin. Akatosh might even give him the responsibility of eating Nirn to restart it's Kalpa.

huh, hadn't heard of jills before. kinda funny they're supposed to be the healers lol, that'd trigger some people.

but yeah, the dremora questioned by the college of whispers said they have always been and just exist. so what paarthurnax says is definitely true. if that's the case, akatosh must be the truth of that aedra.

but you see though, if any of these princes achieved amaranth, they could have an entire universe to their selves. though, it's arguable the godhead has 0 control over how the universe plays out, and no active consciousness of what's going on in it. so maybe achieving amaranth isn't the greatest outcome, when they already have god-like power.

- - - Updated - - -

also, miraak to me, shows that the dragons and dragonborn cannot be taken by the princes by force. at least, their soul can't.

thousands of years in apocrypha, and miraak is unchanged. mora can't stop the dragonborn from absorbing miraak's soul, either, which is exactly what miraak wanted to dowith the dragonborn's soul, giving him the power to rip his way out of apocrypha if needed.

there is the case of durnehviir, but he's just cursed by deal he made and doesn't want to actually die if he just chooses to leave and break the deal. he probably could leave without honoring the deal, but he'd rot until he died outside of the soulcairn.

so, you're kinda scamming all the princes that you work for in the quests in games. bal, hircine, they all think they get a new soul to serve them. but in the end, you just get sucked back into akatosh.
    Nocturnal can't claim your soul in the afterlife because the LDB is still a Shezarrine with Akatosh's soul.
    but Karliah is retarded and Brynjolf

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    You know it's funny, Akatosh probably sent Alduin to countless worlds to eat that world's egg, so that it can be reborn again (because construction and deconstruction are 2 sides to the same coin) without issue. Send Alduin to Nirn to do the same thing, and Alduin just decides that he had enough and decides that he wants a vacation via dominating and subjugating the inhabitants to his whims. Probably thought he could toy with the people a bit before, eventually, getting around to eating the world as he is supposed to do.

Only Akatosh is the kind of god that checks up on his children, and quite frankly is unimpressed by Alduin's vacation, and decides to mess with Alduin by giving one of Alduin's Dragon Priests the gift of the Dragon Blood. Only for Miraak to go, "fuck that shit, I want to do my own thing." Then Akatosh is like, OMG, can't any of my children just DO AS THEY ARE TOLD? KYNE! Get Paarthurnax on the phone, time to plan b this shit!

Only Plan B takes fucking forever since Akatosh had no idea just how long Alduin would remain trapped on the currents of time. But once emerged, he bestows the gift of the Dragon Blood on a random mortal, who actually does his job and "kills" Alduin so that Akatosh can restart the process again, probably in a thousand years or so.

So... Yeah, Nirn was never intended to go on this long in this form. Only reason why it did is because Alduin shirked his responsibilities and Akatosh took a long time to get back the reins. I sometimes wonder if the last Dragonborn, instead of going to Sovngarde, will be reborn as an actual dragon as a reward for dealing with Alduin. Akatosh might even give him the responsibility of eating Nirn to restart it's Kalpa.
    Alduin's job was to Eat Kalpas, the LDB defeats him and he goes back to akatosh to be used when the time is right and he fulfills his job as the world eater, and paving the way for the next one.

there's no world eggs as warcraft
    Last edited by PelinalWhitestrake; 2019-07-13 at 08:57 PM.

I sometimes wonder if the last Dragonborn, instead of going to Sovngarde, will be reborn as an actual dragon as a reward for dealing with Alduin. Akatosh might even give him the responsibility of eating Nirn to restart it's Kalpa.
    he/she will definitely not go to sovngarde. the soul is entirely draconic, so it melds back into akatosh upon death.

as for the ending of the kalpa, that's still alduin's responsibility. his soul got sucked up by akatosh to, i guess, either receive punishment or be reprogrammed to his true purpose.

Nocturnal can't claim your soul in the afterlife because the LDB is still a Shezarrine with Akatosh's soul.
    but Karliah is retarded and Brynjolf
    i don't think the dragonborn is a shezzarine. other heroes were arguable, but being a shezzarine means you're an aspect of lorkhan/shezzar. the dragonborn having the soul of a dragon means they're an aspect of akatosh. akatosh and shezzar are separate entities, and not exactly friends. even though akatosh supports and protects nirn, he punished shezzar for tricking the aedra into making nirn.

he/she will definitely not go to sovngarde. the soul is entirely draconic, so it melds back into akatosh upon death.

as for the ending of the kalpa, that's still alduin's responsibility. his soul got sucked up by akatosh to, i guess, either receive punishment or be reprogrammed to his true purpose.

i don't think the dragonborn is a shezzarine. other heroes were arguable, but being a shezzarine means you're an aspect of lorkhan/shezzar. the dragonborn having the soul of a dragon means they're an aspect of akatosh. akatosh and shezzar are separate entities, and not exactly friends. even though akatosh supports and protects nirn, he punished shezzar for tricking the aedra into making nirn.
    Talos was both Dragonborn and a Shezarrine, so is the LDB, the LDB is Both Lorkhan and Akatosh.

also

https://imgur.com/a/9OXFv7G

Talos was both Dragonborn and a Shezarrine, so is the LDB, the LDB is Both Lorkhan and Akatosh.

also

https://imgur.com/a/9OXFv7G
    idk, talos was an amalgamation of three beings. wulfharth, tiber septim, and zurin arctus, so i'd say he's a special case. i don't think a singular being like the dragonborn can be an aspect of two beings.

Well i kinda decided to revive my SSE save, and its everything in one place
    https://imgur.com/a/4uMe0a8

Also the Sylvanas mod that im using was edited from the original one on nexus that has skeletal and body bugs caused by oldrim to SSE conversion, the Armor is now converted and working perfectly on SSE bodyslide with the CBBE SE and TBDSE body.

there's no world eggs as warcraft
    Yeah, I kinda got the whole world epoch mixed up with world's egg. Definitely my bad.

some more, im not using grass mods besides 3d woods because some of them are Vram hogs, Ultimate combat, archery overhaul and NFF is a must right now.

Yeah, I kinda got the whole world epoch mixed up with world's egg. Definitely my bad.
    UESP, /r/teslore besides the kirkbride non-canon wanking and Imperial library are your best sources for lore.

UESP, /r/teslore besides the kirkbride non-canon wanking and Imperial library are your best sources for lore.
    i don't think you can write off kirkbride until godd howard says something's non-canon, since they do still use his stuff every now and then.

clockwork city ESO dlc basically canonized a lot of his stuff.

i don't think you can write off kirkbride until godd howard says something's non-canon, since they do still use his stuff every now and then.

clockwork city ESO dlc basically canonized a lot of his stuff.
    There is a rule that everyone mostly follows that is "ignore C0DA and Kirkbride Akavir being the future"

also Tsaesci aren't Snakemen, but Vampiric Asian men with scaled armor

There is a rule that everyone mostly follows that is "ignore C0DA and Kirkbride Akavir being the future"

also Tsaesci aren't Snakemen, but Vampiric Asian men with scaled armor
    i always assumed the tsaesci were originally snake-people, but by "eating" all the men of akavir, they assimilated them and diluted their population till only men were left(much like the direnni and bretons), but they lived by tsaeci culture only, their original culture erased. they also can't be entirely vampiric, or they couldn't reproduce. at least, we've never seen vampires reproduce before.

and i tend to treat everything outside of C0DA(it may not be, but i've heard that clockwork city may hint that it is. idk enough about C0DA to know.) as canonical until proven otherwise. dreamsleeve, amaranth, all of this stuff is not directly confirmed or denied yet.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2019-07-18 at 11:15 AM.

There are some NEAT armors being released atm by NordWarUA
    NAT for Skyrim Special Edition is out, i didn't tested it but the screenshots and feedback looks great.
    NFF was updated a few days ago.

and someone brought Grim and somber to the newest ENB binaries
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspec...ion/mods/27333

PSA: the latest SSE update fixed skin specular bugs on the engine, and ENB added Water Parallax into SSE, Aers and Boris deserves a trophy.