Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's okay, but I think 2 bosses were fairly poor designed, the dog and the robowars encounter.

The dog's "hide" mechanic is absolutely unintuitive, because it's not LoS based, it's based on how close you are to the crate. The new crate also spawns way too soon after the wave, often causing to spawn right inside the old one (even if everyone madly dashes away from it) and worst of all, you can break the crate spawn mechanic if you use an immunity effect (like for soaking the pounce). Having a single pounce aoe charge a box to max heat capacity is also just a dick move to bait some early wipes (given the encounter design it would have made more sense if gave a charge equal to one wave tick) out of people.

Same for the robowars encounter, the blades on the ground suggest that you can dodge them by not getting hit, in truth the blades have a more or less random hitbox (sometimes uneffected by them, sometimes they hit you even if you are 4 yards away).

They were by no means hard, the implementations of the mechanics is just piss poor imho. I also found the whole "let's clear another boss arena" thing a bit tedious. That was just unneccesary.

Fairly certain it will be the new hate instance for m+ though .

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    The thing is, this is supposed to be an incentive for you to maybe explore a little bit with pugging or maybe even try to find some people in your guild to do it with The content is there and all it requires to try is for you to explore something you normally would not do. You can say, that its not your thing, that you are an LFD/LFR person only and that is okay, but then you are already selecting content away as it is. Just like high item lvl gear and many cosmetic rewards, Mythic Mechagon is a reward for diving into more serious parts of the MMO genre.

The magic is gone as soon as you don't have to challenge yourself, because the challenge is part of the magic. If i had 1-shot every boss in the dungeon, i would not remember it so fondly as if i had to actually learn the fights the hard way. The journey of facing something hard, getting better and getting past the hard encounter, is what makes something like Mechagon great
    i resepect your view and i get it.. but a challenge doesn't make it magical for me, Id be ok with a no-loot solo mode of things.. i just don't have the time to deal with and barely play now as is.. thus i dont mind waiting beyond a since of frustration. WoW just is not offering content to get me to play right now via delaying things for those that play time is random and short beyond a rep grind but why do that now when i can do that when sitting in queue? As for guildies i'm guidless these days and most of my friends quit the game.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Loved it, went into the first few bosses with a guild group, which ended because of bad timing with our raid that night, but i cleared the rest with another group.
    As far as overtuned goes, it`s simple as long as you follow the tactics, which are very obvious, but imo, the last 3 bosses were a bit too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    it's overtuned AF. so far the only people i've seen who really liked it are people who dont need any gear from it.
    Mythic raider here, the mace from the Trogg boss was an upgrade for me, as were the punch cards. If you do Hard Mode (which I plan to next week) you get a guaranteed 430 Azerite item as well.

It is maybe a smidge too hard, or rather the difficulty curve is a bit borked. The first few bosses aren't much easier than the later ones, in fact the sludge and bike bosses outside are easier than anything inside except King Mechagon. The Garden encounter is probably the easiest fight in there on current tuning which is weird.

Tanked it with 408 gear on Thursday in a PUG. Took three hours but the first 30 minutes was spent wiping on trash and trying to work out the order of the bosses and that flying mob.

All fights were an interesting challenge, plenty of new mechanics and high octane fighting. I don't think it is overtuned at all, we wiped maybe 8 times on the slime boss but that was only because we knew nothing on the first pull, worked out the mechanics around pull 4-5, and then had a few wipes while we all got familair with the fight enough to survive it.

All of the challenging bosses felt like that, it was always 'we're not doing this right, what should we be doing' and then working out the mechanics and practicing them a couple of times. We 1-shot two of the bosses, and 2-shot 3 of them.

Only major bugbear was one of the players wanted to catch all the pets, and waiting for him to pet battle when we were over 2 hours in was a bit frustrating, but we were all enjoying being there so it didn't really matter. We even had to have two dps hearth out and repair once we got underground, just before cujo. We were trying to zerg the expoding slime and killed the lower HP group members until we dps'd them sensibly. There was no mounting down there and none of us were engineers or had anvils!

It might just have been because it was new, and everyone was there to learn it, but it felt like a proper group adventure throughout, something that is definately missing from regular mythic+ dungeon grinding

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Killed the first boss and gave up, shit is just too long and overtuned a bit. Waiting for nerfs. And it suck to be melee there.
    Sucks to be melee? Lol try the goo boss and the last 2 as ranged.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    i resepect your view and i get it.. but a challenge doesn't make it magical for me, Id be ok with a no-loot solo mode of things.. i just don't have the time to deal with and barely play now as is.. thus i dont mind waiting beyond a since of frustration. WoW just is not offering content to get me to play right now via delaying things for those that play time is random and short beyond a rep grind but why do that now when i can do that when sitting in queue? As for guildies i'm guidless these days and most of my friends quit the game.
    Ohh i get your point completly. I have been in many points in my life, where the energy and time raiding with a guild seemed to require, was just too much for me....But i know people say this alot with a twisted tone, but in all seriousness, why are you still playing WoW? As you point out, WoW does not really offer much content designed for your playstyle or the gameplay you seek. Playing without a guild/friends makes it hard to engage with much of WoWs content, and not being able to put in much time for WoW, you really can not expect much value being given from WoW in a non-lengthy amount of time.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I might be bad or just had bad groups, but as a resto druid this dung was a bitch for me, too much burst-constant dmg to outheal it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It's okay, but I think 2 bosses were fairly poor designed, the dog and the robowars encounter.

The dog's "hide" mechanic is absolutely unintuitive, because it's not LoS based, it's based on how close you are to the crate. The new crate also spawns way too soon after the wave, often causing to spawn right inside the old one (even if everyone madly dashes away from it) and worst of all, you can break the crate spawn mechanic if you use an immunity effect (like for soaking the pounce). Having a single pounce aoe charge a box to max heat capacity is also just a dick move to bait some early wipes (given the encounter design it would have made more sense if gave a charge equal to one wave tick) out of people.
    K.U.J-O seems to have changed unintentionally at some point this week. I did Mechagon twice, once on Thurs (Wed US) and again about 12 hours ago.

On the first run, Vent Flames was simply LoS'ed with the box. We stood about 8 yards behind it to drop the new box away, and that was fine.

On the second run, this no longer worked. You have to be wedged HARD into the box to actually be protected by it (I was about 3 yards away at one point and still getting blasted), which is really shitty because you basically have to burn a movement ability the moment the last Vent tick goes off to get away so the new box doesn't drop right inside the old one. We had an UH DK in our group that ended up having to AMS and run out to eat the last tick each time just in case the box picked him.

I think when they fixed the boss so you had to LoS specifically with the box (and not terrain), it hasn't gone through as you would expect. My guess is that it doesn't work off actual LoS, and the box is instead coded to give a very small invisible protection zone around it.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2019-07-14 at 06:55 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    K.U.J-O seems to have changed unintentionally at some point this week. I did Mechagon twice, once on Thurs (Wed US) and again about 12 hours ago.

On the first run, Vent Flames was simply LoS'ed with the box. We stood about 8 yards behind it to drop the new box away, and that was fine.

On the second run, this no longer worked. You have to be wedged HARD into the box to actually be protected by it (I was about 3 yards away at one point and still getting blasted), which is really shitty because you basically have to burn a movement ability the moment the last Vent tick goes off to get away so the new box doesn't drop right inside the old one. We had an UH DK in our group that ended up having to AMS and run out to eat the last tick each time just in case the box picked him.

I think when they fixed the boss so you had to LoS specifically with the box (and not terrain), it hasn't gone through as you would expect. My guess is that it doesn't work off actual LoS, and the box is instead coded to give a very small invisible protection zone around it.
    I experienced the same thing on my second run, we had to stick to the box (instead of just hiding a few meters behind). The boss becomes simpler if he's tanked close to the box (in order to lessen the movement required to hide). The boss always has the same abilities pattern, you have enough time to move for the next box pop.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-07-14 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post

Glad to see it worked at least how you'd expect at some point.. lol. Also the AMS play is what caused us to wipe once, at least I think that was the reason, because that one time no new box was spawning. At first we thought maybe it landed right inside the old one, but after that one blew up there was still no box. Instant wipe. If that wasn't because of AMS then .. well there is some other bug that apparently can cause the box spawn to fail. :/

I can confirm though that we had to hug the box tight because otherwise you would still die behind it.
    Edit: So at some point it worked with the terrain? That was the first thing our ranged dps tried and got roasted for it, but I could chuck that up to encounter design and all that. If that was a quick "fix" then that is probably the reason for the unintuitive mechanic here (they could have just made the arena not have that one corner as well though..)
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-07-14 at 08:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    I experienced the same thing on my second run, we had to stick to the box (instead of just hiding a few meters behind). The boss becomes simpler if he's tanked close to the box (in order to lessen the movement required to hide). The boss always has the same abilities pattern, you have enough time to move for the next box pop.
    We found the next box to be dropping IMMEDIATELY after Vent finished. Even when we started moving exactly as the last tick went off, if the box didn't pick someone with a travel ability (Shimmer, Fel Rush etc) it would invariably drop right on the old box.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Killed the first boss and gave up, shit is just too long and overtuned a bit. Waiting for nerfs. And it suck to be melee there.
    Uh, what? The dungeon is fine, it's just not very pug friendly if people don't know what they're doing.

Cleared the dungeon last Saturday, with a former guildie and 2 guildies of his + my gf.

We got half way in when the two guildies had to go to their raid. My friend stayed on and we found some randoms. We cleared it with random players and it was still a complete blast. We only looked up a very basic guide on what abilities to look out for. Then we just said lets just try the boss and figure it out.

We died a lot (I had 32 deaths as a tank for the entire clear). We made a load of mistakes but we had a blast. The randoms that joined us had a lot of fun too and we cleared the whole thing in a couple of hours. Doing this + Kara has convinced me that they need to include one mega dungeon per tier going forward.

We are planning to clear it again this weekend, and obviously less deaths this time :P The one thing I did notice was the lack of a vendor in the inner parts of the dungeon for repairs. Almost makes me want to roll an engineer to make a repair bot

Entered with pugs. Set the ilvl to a quite high (imo) 405. Immediately upon entering, a rogue started grilling us all on if we knew strats or not. Of course no one did. Who the hell looks up strats for a mythic dungeon on their first try?

Anyways, we go to the trogg boss. The rogue and the warrior he joins with chain die to the falling rocks. Kick both of those. Get new guys in. We one shot the trogg boss.

We then head on over to the middle boss. The new melee again fuck it up - chain dying to the wheel guy's charge ability. On our best attempt, the wheel boss launched himself into a wall and evaded.

This whole process took about an hour. I thought i'd be done with the dungeon after 2 hours or so. Wasn't even 2 bosses down. Ended up leaving. Will probably attempt it again in a few weeks when people's ilvls have risen enough that they can withstand the damage of being afk in the brain.

The joy of having only 2 other people to reliably run shit with.

Quote Originally Posted by Waytomoo View Post
    So basically your group took everything to the face, didnt remove enrages on trash and didn't do boss mechanics right.

We did first 4 with 390-400 gear. We did wipe some while learning the encounters (did not read anything beforehand because we like to do everything like that) and some wipes while perfecting what to do but definitely not so overtuned that it can't be done with less than required ilvl.

What wow needs is instances like Mechagon. Sure it gets breeze after everyone gets geared up but so does everything in the game. I'd really like to see this kind of content more in future (maybe with each patch and maybe in expansion release aswell, something to do while waiting for raids to open).
    That's an amazing attitude you guys have there, I must point this out.

Learning tactics firsthand when you fight the boss instead of taking credit for others' work and just executing is way more fun, too bad 99% of wow population is all about it so joining a group without this is a pain.

I guess it ties in with priorities - "I want gear" vs "I want to experience content and enjoy the journey".

Again, kudos to you guys!

Did it with a semi pug nobody really knew strats besides what we read in the dungeon journal before hand. 1 shot first 2 bosses. Wiped once on slime boss, like 5 times on the flying boss, but we also had the hard mode going on that boss ( I guess since there were shock bots moving around the room). Most of the other bosses took between 1-2 attempts to kill. Group was about 410 ish ilvl so I'd say what the instance is aimed at.

The whole dungeon took about 2 1/2 hours, but there was alot of afking and one of the dps I don't think broke 12k on any of the fights. With a good group honestly the place wouldn't be too bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know how it looks. Cant find party with my 400ilvl toon ><

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Fun dungeon...probably would be pretty hard at the appropriate ilvl. With a 420 group we 1 shot almost every boss though and cleared it in about an hour and a half. Not to brag, just a note that for the gear level it drops (415+) its definitely not overturned. However I could see why lower ilvl groups would have trouble. Some of the stuff hits pretty damn hard.
    What bragging, mate? So at 420 you 1shot ALMOST every boss in a dungeon awarding 415 loot and you are afraid of bragging? You outgeared that place by 20 levels, you should've erased it in 1 hour. You are either bad or the place is a bit overturned, like many complain.

As far as I am concerned, I got a ton of declines in group finder being ilvl 400, so I stopped trying. Maybe I get in a guild group sometimes or I will just wait for the heroic difficulty to unlock and the dungeon to be added to LFG.
    Last edited by DeusX; 2019-07-16 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    What bragging, mate? So at 420 you 1shot ALMOST every boss in a dungeon awarding 415 loot and you are afraid of bragging? You outgeared that place by 20 levels, you should've erased it in 1 hour. You are either bad or the place is a bit overturned, like many complain.

As far as I am concerned, I got a ton of declines in group finder being ilvl 400, so I stopped trying. Maybe I get in a guild group sometimes or I will just wait for the heroic difficulty to unlock and the dungeon to be added to LFG.
    You could just start a group? There are so many people keen to run Mechagon now that currently even DPS forming groups will fill up in a reasonable time. Use the notes in the group window to advertise if you have some high ilvl DPS player in the group to temp the tank tanks and healers to join.