Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does no one play Healer/tank now?

On Thursday (July 11) around 9PM California time (on california server) I tried doing an expert roullete as dragoon. It took 25 minutes to get into a group. You would think that people would be doing expert dungeon roullete often at this point. I really think making dancer a DPS instead of healer was a big mistake. It's a bad sign when at the beginning of the expansion queue is this long already.

Why not level up a healer or tank so you can always have instant queues for expert? You can always use the tomes for your DPS.

As for queues I don't think many people do it. Hunts are much better with cross server hunt trains going on. I think I've done a total of three experts since SHB came out and all three were friends asking me to help them.

I just came back to the game to play it seriously after screwing around a bit in the spring and I have the intention of maining Dark Knight, but I'm still working through the vanilla MSQ and it's already a bit of a slog.

3+ Year Old Account
    If leveling Alt classes wasn’t such a huge pain in the ass and literal self torture I would still be playing. The most I did was a max white mage and samurai for Stormblood.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    On Thursday (July 11) around 9PM California time (on california server) I tried doing an expert roullete as dragoon. It took 25 minutes to get into a group. You would think that people would be doing expert dungeon roullete often at this point. I really think making dancer a DPS instead of healer was a big mistake. It's a bad sign when at the beginning of the expansion queue is this long already.
    4 dps jobs since the last time SE did shit for healers... why do you think they don't play anymore?

I main a Warrior; started fooling around with the trial version up until level 35 when I registered my code. I'm in EU though, and although I don't usually have to wait long, there are some raids or trials that I simply can't find a group for.

Just yesterday, I had to wait almost two hours to face Twintania in the 5th section of The Coil of Bahamut.

I'm currently maining my WHM going through the Shadowbringers MSQ. I think there are an influx of tanks atm, but no one is playing healers. I think this is large in part due to the changes to healers not being exciting or just sad (Astro).

10+ Year Old Account
    They quite killed off anyone that was playing AST and a lot of SCH are quite unhappy (me included). SCH is basically the off GCD healer at this point with a very boring and not rewarding DPS set.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2019-07-13 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balawulf View Post
    I main a Warrior; started fooling around with the trial version up until level 35 when I registered my code. I'm in EU though, and although I don't usually have to wait long, there are some raids or trials that I simply can't find a group for.

Just yesterday, I had to wait almost two hours to face Twintania in the 5th section of The Coil of Bahamut.
    I can tell you the Reasen for that. The coil of bahamut raid is not included in any roullettes. The raid roullettes Curently have alexander (lvl60) and delta/ sigma/ alphascape raids(lvl70) so unless people are queuing specifically for it , the que is going to take forever.

And at this point not many people are going to be doing that raid.

I played tank, but the queues were still 20-25 min.

My main is PLD, don't judge :'<, and queue times aren't that great either, I think it's because there's a shortage of healers in general, healers' gameplay not only didn't improve in the new xpack, it got worse or in some cases much worse, third or half of my healer friends either rerolled or took a break from FF14 till better times.

Quote Originally Posted by gorkos View Post
    I can tell you the Reasen for that. The coil of bahamut raid is not included in any roullettes. The raid roullettes Curently have alexander (lvl60) and delta/ sigma/ alphascape raids(lvl70) so unless people are queuing specifically for it , the que is going to take forever.

And at this point not many people are going to be doing that raid.
    I imagined something like that was the case. It's a shame really, because I want to see the story there, and I think I'm going to have to resort to YouTube for that.

You might try party finder and unsync it.

I'm levelling DRK right now but not touching AST till a patch. They took a job i loved and killed what i loved about it.

The changes to SCH and AST are probably to blame as someone above me mentioned. Those two classes got absolutely massacred and as a result nobody really wants to play two out of three healers right now.

It's such a shame because otherwise the class changes are all pretty great IMO. I'm still warming up to the tanking changes but I like them pretty well.

healers have been in demand since the previous expac. with a new tank, we actually have an abundance of tanks. so its really just healers. and they really borked up scholar, i stopped playing mine all together.

I play a Samurai and Paladin and my wait times are 20 and 5 minutes respectively. There isn't a shortage of tanks. Just healers. Hardly anybody wants to heal, and when they do they're usually cranky. Always hollering about not standing in gold sparkles or something or another.
    Last edited by Merie; 2019-07-13 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I still feel like the healer changes have been horribly overblown, but eh. Let people have their anger for now.
    It isn't necessarily anger. In terms of the two healer classes most affected

SCH: Only new thing is their bubbles proc bubbles and they no longer have all of their dots. SCH liked being able to dot up everything as they heal, as part of the DPS rotation. Also, iirc both faeries now do the same thing and don't have any difference.

AST: The entire card system was gutted. Yes, there is a new mechanic with it, but it is a generic damage increase for doing what needs to be done. It is no longer a choice of hmm which of these 6 buffs is perfect in this situation.

It put a bad taste in many healers mouths. I used to main AST, but moved to WHM because it got a ton of bells and whistles in the HPS and DPS part.

10+ Year Old Account
    What changed so much in healing? My highest level healer is a level 15 conjurer and I have zero plans of changing that within this decade.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2019-07-13 at 11:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    What changed so much in healing? My highest level healer is a level 15 conjurer and I have zero plans of changing that within this decade.
    Just how the classes play and the changes angering AST/SCH players. There also seems to be a bit more damage going out so its more healing that DPSing in some cases, but plenty of time to DPS still. The latter change I prefer because I like to heal more than spam glare.