Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    On Thursday (July 11) around 9PM California time (on california server) I tried doing an expert roullete as dragoon. It took 25 minutes to get into a group. You would think that people would be doing expert dungeon roullete often at this point. I really think making dancer a DPS instead of healer was a big mistake. It's a bad sign when at the beginning of the expansion queue is this long already.
    About 2 weeks ago my ques as a tank were 20-25 mins long, they are finally down to 3-6 mins after all the gunbreakers quit.

I'm loving WHM so far. I'm also appreciating all that free grade 8 materia thanks to healers constantly being "in need"

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Healer is an insta que on crystal or aether.

AST btw.
    You cared enough to post.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    On Thursday (July 11) around 9PM California time (on california server) I tried doing an expert roullete as dragoon. It took 25 minutes to get into a group. You would think that people would be doing expert dungeon roullete often at this point. I really think making dancer a DPS instead of healer was a big mistake. It's a bad sign when at the beginning of the expansion queue is this long already.
    lolwut, on my Datacenter DPS has had Adventurer in need pretty much as often as Healer has in the last few weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    AST: The entire card system was gutted. Yes, there is a new mechanic with it, but it is a generic damage increase for doing what needs to be done. It is no longer a choice of hmm which of these 6 buffs is perfect in this situation.
    Tbf, AST cards were RNG enough outside of a few long CD's that you generally didn't have the perfect card for every situation 90% of the time and were just throwing Balance, Arrows and Spires out for DPS increases anyway.

AST Im not overly fond of the card system but it is interesting to say the least. Im just pissed over Noct sect feeling so weak now. I use to be that almost all the time only switching if I was with a SCH. But I still main AST right now. Leveling SCH(77) right now then WTM(62) when I get around to that after finishing off the physical and tank role quests.

Im a tank but im done gear, got full 440, all my Innocence accs and my Titania weapon. I actually have no motivation to farm until the raid so I havent been doing my roulettes. I imagine that I am not alone in that. When tanks and healers start "finishing" their grinds the pool shrinks alot faster than with the dps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah the obligatory "I'm playing a DPS instead of a tank or healer but want to come to the forums to bitch about long queue times for DPS because there's not enough healers and/or tanks around" thread. Seriously if you want to have short queue times, play a needed class. If you want to play whatever class you want, don't bitch about having to wait if your role is not in high demand. It really is that simple. 10 jobs for DPS. 4 jobs that can tank. 3 jobs that can heal. Your typical group needs 1 of the 3 healers, 1 of the 4 tanks, and then any 2 of the 10 DPS jobs out there. Simple math seems to elude you. Oh and of the 4 tank jobs, 2 of them can't even be obtained before 50/60 and of the 3 healer jobs 1 can't be obtained until 50. If you want to thin the numbers out, that's 2 healers until 50/60, 2 tanks until 50/60, and 7 DPS jobs prior to 50/60.

In the mean time, I'll enjoy my near instant queues on my WHM while getting bonuses & 1-3 rep accommodations per run.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Healer is an insta que on crystal or aether.

AST btw.
    Same with Primal too.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    lolwut, on my Datacenter DPS has had Adventurer in need pretty much as often as Healer has in the last few weeks.
    I've seen tank and even the occasional DPS need over the past 2 weeks on Primal. Its mostly healer need but I do see the others on occasion.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd expect this to be a really really bad time for roulettes actually. The valuable tomestone isn't in the game yet, and there's a very limited amount of things you need the unlimited tomestone for that can't be replaced by one of the two reasonably easy EX trials. I main PLD, and there's simply no reason for me to burn myself out doing expert roulettes now, when I have what I need from them for the moment and will need to be doing them regularly soon enough.

On the ShB dungeons like the 75 one, my DNC gets queue times in the 7-15 minute range, my DRK is in the 5-10 range, and my WHM is instant. So there's still plenty of people running dungeons, just fewer doing the ones the OP explicitly wanted.

I made a healer for my 5th job. Now my healer is my highest level *he's 50...but i bought the basic game, so unable to lvl beyond 50 at the moment*. *I play on Japan DC though*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.