Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by masticator View Post
    The bonuses you get from these should simply be lowered and made to work everywhere.
    This, would make it more fun. Good for all world content, old content and 5 mans. I dont see the hype unless you raid.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I'm waiting for the day Ion fulfils his promise that ilvl is a measurement of an upgrade in this game. Time and time again it isn't.
    That day will never come because they'd have to get rid of all stats or make all stats mean the same thing to all specs.

I'm waiting for the day Ion fulfils his promise that ilvl is a measurement of an upgrade in this game. Time and time again it isn't.
    Why? This is boring as fuck.

Personally I'd hate this. Gearing used to be interesting, nowadays it's a braindead action mostly, just look at a single number instead of mixing and matching.

I'm loving Benthic gear. Finally a progression system for the world, a way to drive myself forward without having to get into the M+ groups that just turn into pure stress and blame.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I've seen some misinformation regarding benthic gear discussed here. With its extra bonuses, a 425 non-socketed benthic item can be better than a 455 +10 warforged mythic raid piece (mythic starts at 445). Wowhead took the time to put forth some sims today.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=293826/...st-benthic-arm

Sockets push the items even further ahead, especially with the new epic gems.

So now that it's more out in the open, how does the community feel about this system? Do you think it devalues mythic raiding or other gearing systems? Or maybe it gives mythic raiders more content to do outside of raiding (burnout though)? Do you think it makes gearing more interesting since there's no titanforging (gambling for sockets+right item though)? Is it a return to having Justice Point vendors in a sense? Probably other angles you can take with it.

Or simply, how do you feel about the benthic system as a whole as a character progression system? Feel free to talk about the kind of content you do and all that for some additional insight into your perspective.
    I think people need to make their mind up what they want in regards to people gearing.

Should it be a) the best gear is always the highest ilvl, when socket = x ilvl (inconsistent) due to socket RNG, sometimes socket > titanforged), or should it be b) Players calculate the best items and use them like in vanilla, sometimes an older tier set and trinket could be better.

Blizzard have clearly shifted to position a as they used to nerf older tier sets that people would use, but now they tend to nerf things rather than buff others to be in line. We saw this with the recent nerf to epic gems and yellow punch cards.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    all this Benthic gear hype is a sure way of getting it nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I've seen some misinformation regarding benthic gear discussed here. With its extra bonuses, a 425 non-socketed benthic item can be better than a 455 +10 warforged mythic raid piece (mythic starts at 445). Wowhead took the time to put forth some sims today.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=293826/...st-benthic-arm

Sockets push the items even further ahead, especially with the new epic gems.

So now that it's more out in the open, how does the community feel about this system? Do you think it devalues mythic raiding or other gearing systems? Or maybe it gives mythic raiders more content to do outside of raiding (burnout though)? Do you think it makes gearing more interesting since there's no titanforging (gambling for sockets+right item though)? Is it a return to having Justice Point vendors in a sense? Probably other angles you can take with it.

Or simply, how do you feel about the benthic system as a whole as a character progression system? Feel free to talk about the kind of content you do and all that for some additional insight into your perspective.
    Who cares if someone gets a piece of equipment or not. Geeez

- P

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Personally I'd hate this. Gearing used to be interesting, nowadays it's a braindead action mostly, just look at a single number instead of mixing and matching.
    Don't think i have ever looked at a single number to determine if it's an upgrade or not.... considering stat priorities exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    A dps gain is a dps gain, that's right. But... boss kills for less than perfect players are not decided by a 0,1% damage increase but rather if they can concentrate a minute longer and play mechanics better. I think players who are not able to play 100% of theoretical dps are better served by more stamina that raid gear has over benthic.
    Right but this argument makes no sense... again.

I admit I quit wow because of all the nonsensical grinds that acted as time gates to harder content introduced into legion. You are desperately defending what in essence is a loot box just the currency is time spent rather then money to gamble on it.

Have rewards that fit the difficulty to allow for actual gear progression rather the joke titanforging and welfare gear as made of the game. Get rid of artifact power while you are at it and maybe wow will start to recover a bit.

This whole "well it doesn't matter unless you can already play really well" is the kind of excuse that allows this garbage to go unchallenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Up The Gary View Post
    all this Benthic gear hype is a sure way of getting it nerfed
    ill be really surprised if it doesnt get nerfed tomorrow. along with whatever outliers there are for dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Don't think i have ever looked at a single number to determine if it's an upgrade or not.... considering stat priorities exists.
    The guides I know consider itemlevel > stat priorities

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Kinda offtopic, but today i just replaced a Benthic piece i worked on with 100 pearls...kinda heartbreaking...seeing all those days put to waste on a single piece.

But you wont feel this heartbreaking experience i just felt.
    So isnt this a good thing?

Think it as a legion legendary item. A BIS piece you will have on Eternal Palace. (and eternal palace ONLY)
    Then don't upgrade armor that can be replaced. only upgrade BiS items.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    The guides I know consider itemlevel > stat priorities
    well, that's just a bad guide then... unless they ofc add "as a general rule, but always sim yourself".

Quote Originally Posted by Mikazukinoyaiba View Post
    It doesnt matter, the raiding scene is already dead, its about time other MMO take its spot instead.
    Good. Raiding is boring af, hopefully Blizzard will keep putting more attention on game aspects outside of raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    well, that's just a bad guide then... unless they ofc add "as a general rule, but always sim yourself".
    For the majority of players ilvl increase is best. The vast majority of players do not sim gear upgrades, or sim at all. I have never once ran a sim because I do not raid mythic, or even heroic. Normal raid is kinda rare too.

I love this. I think it's good there are slots you actually fill outside of the raid by doing other, non-high end pve content.

It's not only benthic either. Profession items are also quite good, for example BS items always have a socket on them. They might not outdo a mythic piece, but they probably will outdo a heroic piece, which is the most I can get from a raid.

There's just no end to good stuff in 8.2

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    For the majority of players ilvl increase is best. The vast majority of players do not sim gear upgrades, or sim at all. I have never once ran a sim because I do not raid mythic, or even heroic. Normal raid is kinda rare too.
    Which isn't relevant to the fact that you can't go by ilvl alone to determine if an item is an upgrade or not. It might not matter in most cases, but that doesn't change the fact it's not always an ugprade.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    That day will never come because they'd have to get rid of all stats or make all stats mean the same thing to all specs.
    At the very least, it'd be a start for some specs to not have useless or near useless stats on gear that drops for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Good. Raiding is boring af, hopefully Blizzard will keep putting more attention on game aspects outside of raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Pvp is boring af. Guess they should focus all their effort on getting players to run the 8-10 20minute dungeons over and over for 2 years. Or make more pointless world quests. Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    The sims they provide are for a shadow priest, the answer is, as usual, sim yourself.

I totally see how benthic boots can outperform raid boots with +3% damage for crits for a fire mage tho, still fishing for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.