Poll: Where do you stand?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Trump ICE raids start today: Where do you stand?

The ICE raids orchestrated by the Trump Administration start today. Many captive by ICE have been without food and water and have been forced to drink out of toilets and have gotten their families separated from them. What do you think of all this?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Kristalnacht comes to mind

10+ Year Old Account
    Are they really going to be raiding though? He's said it before. Pretty stupid move when the current detainees, cases, and facilities need a lot of attention. We shall see.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    ICE raids? What is happening?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Hope the camps themselves get raided/liberated.

It seems pretty weird that there are so many public announcements about it. I'm still not really clear on whether those are deliberate announcements, Trump shooting his mouth off, leaks, or some combination of all of the above. You'd think it'd be a lot more sensible to organize fairly quietly, but I suppose there just aren't enough personnel to round up that many illegal aliens.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are enforcing the immigration laws by arresting those who are here illegally. Someone needs to do it since Congress is failing to address the problem. This time however, they are focusing on illegal immigrant criminals. I have no issues with Federal authorized agencies doing their jobs as long as they themselves follow the laws.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I have no issues with Federal authorized agencies doing their jobs as long as they themselves follow the laws.
    And yet you also have no issues with the camps. It's almost like you're a hypocrite.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    They are enforcing the immigration laws by arresting those who are here illegally. Someone needs to do it since Congress is failing to address the problem. This time however, they are focusing on illegal immigrant criminals. I have no issues with Federal authorized agencies doing their jobs as long as they themselves follow the laws.
    Congress gave them more money so that they can put even more force into putting undesirables into your beloved concentration camps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    And yet you also have no issues with the camps. It's almost like you're a hypocrite.
    Its not hypocrisy, its malice.

"WE MUST DISTRACT FROM EPSTIEN!" - Donny con man.

- - - Updated - - -

Well if you are being honest then you would be pissed, ICE's disregard for 4th amendment among things is well documented, or as Donny said "just break the law, I'll pardon you"

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Kristalnacht comes to mind
    This.

Where do I stand?

That Trump should be impeached then prosecuted for everything from collusion and graft to sexual assault and rape. ICE should be disbanded along with the DHS, the CBP needs to be reformed from the ground up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    "WE MUST DISTRACT FROM EPSTIEN!" - Donny con man.

- - - Updated - - -

Well if you are being honest then you would be pissed, ICE's disregard for 4th amendment among things is well documented, or as Donny said "just break the law, I'll pardon you"
    Nah, this is pure malice, has nothing to with distracting anybody. Trump wanted to do this for ages.

They're only going after criminals. Why would we want criminals in this country?

We have 12 illegal immigrants in America and those are the ones who weren't afraid to come forward and admit it. They're all working. You can't just cut 12 million people out of your workforce without crippling your economy.

If Trump isn't going to get rid of these 12 million, nobody is. It's time to make them legal with 4 year work visas.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    They're only going after criminals. Why would we want criminals in this country?

We have 12 illegal immigrants in America and those are the ones who weren't afraid to come forward and admit it.

If Trump isn't going to get rid of these 12 million, nobody is. It's time to make them legal with 4 year work visas.
    rather hollow, when Trump has been using illegals at his golf course for decades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    rather hollow, when Trump has been using illegals at his golf course for decades.
    And plenty of criminals in his family and administration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Congress gave them more money so that they can put even more force into putting undesirables into your beloved concentration camps.
    The people targeted in these ICE raids are people who have already been previously detained, were released on their own recognizance on the promise they would attend immigration court, did attend immigration court, and were issued removal orders by immigration judges, which they ignored and remained the country illegally...

They aren't going to camps, they are are being immediately deported.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    The people targeted in these ICE raids are people who have already been previously detained, were released on their own recognizance on the promise they would attend immigration court, did attend immigration court, and were issued removal orders by immigration judges, which they ignored and remained the country illegally...

They aren't going to camps, they are are being immediately deported.
    Does not change anything about my statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know exactly where my passport and citizenship are. Am all set... it’s signed by Bush, so no worries of evil democrat planting.

Edit: oh shit... I wanted to go to a hardware store today. If those raids have any sense, those places would be on lock down. Not going anywhere near one today...

Edit 2: Could the poll be updated to have a “I know where my papers are” as an option? For me that supersedes the other options.
    Last edited by Felya; 2019-07-14 at 03:00 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Dang, the folks in Denver aren't exactly demonstrating that they're just good Americans like anyone else and all they need is some paperwork.
    AURORA, Colo. (CBS4)– Hundreds of protesters gathered in Aurora on Friday evening to march to the ICE detention facility where illegal and undocumented immigrants are being housed. They also removed the U.S. flag, replaced it with a Mexican flag, and spray painted graffiti on a Blue Lives Matter flag before it was seen flying upside down on the flag pole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Dang, the folks in Denver aren't exactly demonstrating that they're just good Americans like anyone else and all they need is some paperwork.

Natives are protesting and you think they are immigrants lol.