Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Should Blizzard only make dungeons and raids?

Even if you despise WoW, there is no denying that WoW is by far the best game for raiding and dungeon content. There is no other game even remotely close to offering this content at the level Blizzard does.

So why doesn't Blizzard focus on its strengths?

- There is no one else in the market offering dungeons and raids like Blizzard. Why aren't they focusing on their strengths instead of attempting to do other filler content that other games do much better?
    - They are losing players by spreading their resources thin over filler content like islands, Warfronts, zones, etc as the quality of dungeons and raids is worse due to fewer resources
    - Zones are a very low return on investment as players just race through them to level
    - Dungeons and raids are far more replayable than other content

What if next expansion Blizzard released no new zones but 25 dungeons? Blizzard could instead add more quests into existing zones to keep questers satisfied. It would bring players back and around for longer as they can't burn through content that takes 2 years to make in 1 levelling day.

Yeah, after seeing so many unsuccessful alternatives like Warfronts and Island Expeditions, I'm pretty confident to say that they SHOULD focus on dungeons and raids much more.

I'd love to return to the times, when the first tier had like... 3 raids? I'm pretty happy with those 2-bosses raids like ToV and CoS, but I wish there were more. Same applies to dungeons. I see no problem in introdcuing like 2-3 dungeons per tier. They try to diversify the content, but instead of going to the warfronts ideas (which in fact had no chance to be successful, it was known since the Blizzard; and it seems like they had no idea what it's going to be too), I would go fully into raids and dungeons. They simply lose their resources with Island Expeditions and stuff like that.

I wouldn't go that far, but yeah I think most people agree Warfronts were a waste of resources, which is why they've pulled back on them since 8.1.

In general I would like to see meaty 10 boss tiers that last for 6-7 months and aren't shortened due to the season approach

No CoS-like raids either

More open world dungeons that utilize the questing/WQ areas are nice too. Like Suramar/Court. I think they've largely heard and understood that feedback, but didn't act on it enough this xpac.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Typical "I'm center of universe" thread. There are ton of people that enjoy other stuff than dungeon/raids and they would leave WoW forever without new zones and other stuff.

By the way, knowing your post history, you would likely be first to scream how new expansion with just dungeons/raids has no content.

Well that's one quick way to get me to quit. The answer is obviously no.
    OP, have you ever made a thread with a good idea?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Blizzard have already made such a game. It's call Diablo

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    The reason dungeons and raids stand out so much is because they've become the only content where players are actually able to lose (assuming they have a group to do m+ or premade raids with).
    Almost everything else is just filler content you're plowing through barely paying attention.

But no, Blizzard should not solely focus on dungeons and raids, they should instead stop treating players like spoiled children and balance/design the rest of the game properly. I wonder how excited I'd be going into Nazjatar if it felt like my character was ever in danger.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Even if you despise WoW, there is no denying that WoW is by far the best game for raiding and dungeon content. There is no other game even remotely close to offering this content at the level Blizzard does.

- There is no one else in the market offering dungeons and raids like Blizzard. Why aren't they focusing on their strengths instead of attempting to do other filler content that other games do much better?
    - They are losing players by spreading their resources thin over filler content like islands, Warfronts, zones, etc as the quality of dungeons and raids is worse due to fewer resources
    - Zones are a very low return on investment as players just race through them to level

What if next expansion Blizzard released no new zones but 25 dungeons? Blizzard could instead add more quests into existing zones to keep questers satisfied. It would bring players back and around for longer as they can't burn through content that takes 2 years to make in 1 levelling day.
    That sounds boring as hell.. One of Blizzard's strengths is to create the world we roam in, weather you like hills or not. Dungeons is deffinantly not the way forward. People race through dungeons even faster than zones.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Blizzard should kill the game. I mean, why not.

Let's also ignore how unpopular Dungeons and Raids are for the general WoW playerbase.

HA! No! The literal best thing about BFA (and to a lesser degree, legion) for myself and everyone close to me is how safe we are to ignore dungeons and especially raids/LFR! Azeroth is a gorgeous world, and playing out in said world, or playing in role-agnostic content where we can just "be a warrior with a shield" instead of "being responsible for 4 other people's enjoyment" is pure bliss. The most exciting element of WoW right now is having this choice-heavy presentation of broad gameplay options presented on a backdrop of a story (the only weakness of BFA pre-Nazjatar) that we actually like!

MMORPG doesn't have to mean constantly interdependent. The game and its subscription are purchased one player at a time, and many of those players like to own their time whether grouped (or grouped with the "proper" roles) or not!

Warfronts should be experimental battlegrounds, not this "you can't loose, just be AFK" pve ground. It's interesting system, which could be expanded and actually be interesting mode if done right. Now I am afraid they will completely throw it out of the window while they will believe, people don't want different type of content.

Islands are same thing. It's procedurally generated, where AI could provide some challenge. However they made it the most boring farm they could imagine.

If Islands would be part of the end-game open world content, it would be interesting. Every day zone will change (some fantasy explanation needed of course)..with different world quests and quests, bosses, different mining nodes, sometimes more oriented towards pvp, sometimes towards hunting rare mobs and with these roaming PvE advanced AI parties hunting players - they could mix even more interesting characters into it - like Greymane stalking in the forest and hunting horde players.. But after island reception, I doubt they will ever try something like that. That's shame.

Another typical styil thread, move on folks.

I’d rather they increase rewards other that gear. Easier way to increase participation. For example for completing a +15 In a particular dungeon you could be rewarded a part of a mog set. Do +15 in all dungeons to get the full set. Or simply get a pet for doing a 15 themed around that dungeon. Or simply reward currency used to buy mounts etc. I love dungeons but don’t see a need to do them as I don’t need the gear

Or, and hear me out, maybe Blizzard can just make it so that everyone can enjoy the contyent they want in a relevant way? You know, because the raiding population of this game isn't quite as big as you seem to think it is and they probably don't want their MMO to tank.

What an idiotic idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    So, rather than Blizz improving their product, just make it into, essentially, a mobile dungeon and raid game only?

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post

i DON't play wow for only 2 things so nope i would drop this game then.

10+ Year Old Account
    We basically already had that in WoD and look how that turned out.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    You mean "Blizzard's strengths, as defined by you".
    I'm fairly sure there's a large number of players who don't give a toss about dungeons or raids.

So I'd guess they're already delivering to their strengths - with wide diversity of content.
    I was quite mad that story quests Required dungeons last night when i started the "Pride of the Kul tiran" story line. So i'm one of those who don't care for those places i guess.

They just feel like an annoying roadblock in the questline and not fun or exciting content.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Yes, Blizzard should kill the game. I mean, why not.

Let's also ignore how unpopular Dungeons and Raids are for the general WoW playerbase.
    Yeah really most of the playerbase doesnt even care about raids or dungeons and more about world content lol! thats why i laugh would be the stupidiest thing ever they ever done.
    Last edited by Lurker1; 2019-07-14 at 03:25 PM.