Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    so you're saying that we are both just picking the definition that supports their view better? who is to say your definition is better than mine?

To read means you are actively reading, or you have in the past read something.

Note that to be actively reading and have that be read, does not mean that read does not also mean to have already read something.

I tend to trust Oxford above just about any dictionary, and they are the most reputable by the way. There are several definitions, a concentration camp can be a place where troops are held before they go out... that fell out of use around the 60s-70s though according to Oxford while the definition I noted has been in use from 1895 to modern times.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    One of them is literally from the department of homeland security taken by the inspector general.... Wait are you trying to say these are fake?
    No but I would like some back round information. I am being shown two rooms and a cage that stretches out to the side that seems to have extra space. The first photo is almost entirely women as well.

Forgive me for not instantly trusting a photo after the whole staged dead baby in Europe that was brandied around. I do not trust the people who support this to be honest.

Edit: Was wrong about the cage there is simply more it isn't all one.

These conditions is why it is a concentration camp, the fact they're enclosed in small spaces with inadequate facilities is part of the Oxford definition off what makes a concentration camp.
    In other words, any large metropolitan area.

In all seriousness, what is the great evil going on in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post

I think it is that we have boarders and don't just let everyone through them to instantly become citizens from what i can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    I am not a fan of immigration but damn wanting them burned to death in a fire is pretty hardcore.
    Are you misinformed or intentionally twisting it to make a point?

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    Are you misinformed or intentionally twisting it to make a point?
    The latter I assure you. I just don't see how setting a camp with people trapped in it is helping them.

Will be honest I expect antifia capable of a great many evils but burning hundreds of immigrants to death isn't something that came up in my mind before this.

I think it is that we have boarders and don't just let everyone through them to instantly become citizens from what i can tell.
    indefinite holds of people who are seeking asylum and stuffing them in overcrowded rooms with lack of care is the creation of a concentration camp, not to mention the former is just illegal.

Now this is just being purposefully obtuse. Don't be purposefully obtuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    The latter I assure you. I just don't see how setting a camp with people trapped in it is helping them.

Will be honest I expect antifia capable of a great many evils but burning hundreds of immigrants to death isn't something that came up in my mind before this.
    I do admire your ability to make up blatent lies like this, it is impressive.

indefinite holds of people who are seeking asylum and stuffing them in overcrowded rooms with lack of care is the creation of a concentration camp, not to mention the former is just illegal.
    What is illegal and what isn't is a very mutable thing. I can't see a better solution to what we are doing beyond sending all of them back and securing the boarder so they can not return easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I do admire your ability to make up blatent lies like this, it is impressive.
    What lie? What do you think would happen if he managed to torch the camp?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Dude was a hero, no better way to go if you want to commit suicide anyway.

R.I.P Willem van Spronsen.
    Showing us how reall antifascist action works.
    Moderators!? Why is this person not banned yet ??

What is illegal and what isn't is a very mutable thing. I can't see a better solution to what we are doing beyond sending all of them back and securing the boarder so they can not return easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally was ruled illegal on Jul 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Now this is just being purposefully obtuse. Don't be purposefully obtuse.
    Comparing them to something like the Nazi concentration camps is what I'm responding to.

Comparing them to something like the Nazi concentration camps is what I'm responding to.
    And it's an accurate comparison. It's inaccurate to compare them to Nazi extermination camps, but they are objectively comparable to the concentration camps.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    And it's an accurate comparison. It's inaccurate to compare them to Nazi extermination camps, but they are objectively comparable to the concentration camps.
    Aside from whether or not they are comparable, can you actually explain what the great evil is about a lot of people illegally moving into a country and being put into small places to detain them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    Moderators!? Why is this person not banned yet ??
    How dare I oppose fascism, I know!
    I should just wish violence on South American countries and Iran for no good reason like the rest of this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Keeping the lie going like this even after reading the articles on it is truly an achievement. You deserve an award.

They can always volunteer to return to Mexico to get out of their "concentration camp".

There were 140,000 illegal immigrants apprehended in May alone, that's a lot of people. We have room for 20,000, overcrowding is going to happen.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Aside from whether or not they are comparable, can you actually explain what the great evil is about a lot of people illegally moving into a country and being put into small places to detain them?
    The people put into the German concentration camps also broke the law. It's not about the reason they're put there. It's about what's done with them while they're there.

A lot has been done to dehumanize the Nazi regime and their camps so that they're greatly exaggerated evils that can not be matched today. It's important to re-humanize it so that we don't think bad things are good simply because they don't meet some standard of evil that wasn't even met by the regime we claim invented the standard. For example, all prisoners put into the German camps had to be given an explicit date for their release on arrival - now, that date was often extended, but it was a requirement as part of their order to the camp, and prisoners were often released. Guards were also held accountable and even prosecuted for assaulting or killing prisoners of the camps (which helped foster an internal code among sympathetic guards to not report the offense). It really wasn't until WW2 had already started that any of these things changed (and it wasn't until after WW2 started that the extermination camps opened), but no one argues that anything about the camps between 1933 and 1939 was okay. But even a casual observer should notice by now that we've checked nearly all of the boxes for the pre-WW2 camps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    They can always volunteer to return to Mexico to get out of their "concentration camp".
    It is actually illegal for them to leave these camps. They can not voluntarily leave once they have been admitted. That's right - refugees claiming asylum are being detained while not having committed a crime, but they will commit a crime if they try to leave.

Look, in this response I'm not really addressing you, because I know you to be a bad faith actor. But still, as it has been made abundantly clear, the attempt was on the vehicles of the ICE criminals and not directed to the people inside.

Go ahead and say your next sophistry, history will remember your ilk for what you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I'm taking this with a grain of salt. Could've been a false flag.
    No, Willem does not deserve that. Dude was real as it gets.