Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    More open world dungeons that utilize the questing/WQ areas are nice too. Like Suramar/Court. I think they've largely heard and understood that feedback, but didn't act on it enough this xpac.
    You know what'd be kind of cool, chasing that line? Bringing back and updating the idea of microdungeons (like the elite troll area in pre-Cata Hinterlands, and the old Fenris Isle, among others) where you have areas full of elites, that play for all intents and purposes like outdoor dungeons, and end in some sort of indoor stronghold with dungeon bosses and chests for loot that have a daily cooldown (and use the phased chests like in Draenor, Broken Isles, Argus, and Kul Tiras/Zandalar where you get your own specific chest to loot) and dungeon gear.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I don’t 100% agree, even though I like raids and dungeons. I think 2 dungeons should accompany every raid patch though. I would like to see difficulty modes in outdoor world content. A player should have agency to make the outside world more difficult, and be rewarded as such. Imagine a game where you can log in, set the world difficulty to “heroic” and the WQ rewards increase by 10 ilvls (static, with no titanforging, since they mentioned they don’t want titanforging in the future). Yes, some players will turn it on by default and level through that, with tougher mobs etc. Others will level through normal, gear through normal, and then turn on heroic during the first tier (it could increase WQ rewards to normal raid level). That’s all fine for the General playerbase. Also, this change should mean only 5 man groups for WQs, and it should scale for each person in the group.

I think warfronts would be alright as a PvP feature. Properly done (designing to make zergs impossible), it offers blizzard a great way to deliver strategy based PvP, and they can even develop a story line that is PvP specific (which has been fairly non-existent for the entire game), and offer world/resource rewards for being successful. Imagine winning arathi highlands and getting a buff that allows you to herb in eastern kingdoms (relevant herbs) but with massively increased yields. The catch: you must have participated in said winning via PvP to get the buff. PvP players would get a decent gold path, and raiders/ farmers would be incentivized to PvP a bit.

Attaching required rewards to island expeditions soured then for me (and I would guess many others). Designing them and keeping them as “expeditions” for adventurers would have been better recieved I think. Pepper them with transmog, pets and mounts. Toss a bag on for completion of small gold, crafting mats etc. and call it a day. It should be something you want to go do to escape more stressful (subjective) content. Put certain buffs on the Dubloon vendors “x amount more resources or gold”, sell maps for 100 dubloons that guarantee your next que goes to the island you need for a chance at that mount you want. That I think would have been enough for people to enjoy them for what they are, mini-vacations from Azeroth woes.

I also think that with “less art going into tier sets” (albeit we have no clue if they are coming back), there should at least be transmog sets to collect for each armor class by completing a +10 on time with said armor class, each season. Make them appealing enough (subjective, but doesn’t have to be class specific) that it encourages playing at least different armor classes.

That leads me to my next point. We have raiding gear and we have PvP gear. Why do we not have Mythic dungeon gear designed specifically for that content? Gear only granting its benefits within those dungeons. Gear like “silences are only 60% effective against the player”, “your aoe abilities have a chance to be replicated”...idk, the skies the limit when you limit where the effects take place. That is where the seasons come into play for Mythic +, and blizzard has a chance to set that gameplay apart from the rest, because it affects the other content much less.

Just my 2c, I don’t see taking content away from those who enjoy it as a positive, even if I am not one of those who focus on that content. I only do the darkshore warfront quest once on all of my alts, but others may enjoy them. I prob will not do one more current island expedition, but others may enjoy them. I do no pet battles, but I know others do. I’m not here to take from them to give to myself. I just want engaging, deterministic gameplay for myself; and that means potentially changing how some systems work so I can choose the challenge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    What if next expansion Blizzard released no new zones but 25 dungeons? Blizzard could instead add more quests into existing zones to keep questers satisfied. It would bring players back and around for longer as they can't burn through content that takes 2 years to make in 1 levelling day.
    But that isn't adding instanced content only than. At that point they are doing the same amount as work before in order to support the story of these quests in old zones. They can also easily burn through 5-mans and eventually the raids. Expeditions are 3-man dungeons which is something you say is their strength. So the difference between filler content and amazing content is 2 extra people in the group?

As for repeatability I'd wager that far more people do the same world quests over and over than run dungeons. It is a skewed metric though because the different forms of content have different entry barriers. Some one will be more willing to do a 10 min emissary than to wait in a queue for 20 mins.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not. I used to be really big into raiding but with everything I have going on these days, I don't even do dungeons or raids anymore. I'm strictly doing world content and I'm ok with that.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Absolutely not. I used to be really big into raiding but with everything I have going on these days, I don't even do dungeons or raids anymore. I'm strictly doing world content and I'm ok with that.
    Same here man except i still do lfr from time to time but mostly world content more now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time Blizzard released stats, only ~half the playerbase had even entered the raids.. ON LFR.
    So if you ignore the world content, then you're throwing away half the player base immediately. On top of that there's all the other people who primarily do other stuff and then dabble in raids who'll then also leave.

It's just not worth it for them. (Also have a look at WoD and how that turned out for them)

Yeah, it’s really the only quality content. Imagine how long they worked on island expeditions. Work on raids has a guaranteed return on investment.

No, they should make other worthwhile ways to play outside of dungeons and raids.

Unfortunately, dungeons and raids are the only things they're good at so cest la vie.
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Fuck no, especially not dungeons. I'd rather they focus on pet battles rather than that garbage. Especially now we're stuck with Mythic+.

The game already has to much instanced content as it is. If anything there needs to be a lot less. There isn't much ''world'' left in WORLD of Warcraft anymore

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you implying there is something wrong with the current product?

No way in hell would I want this after 15 years that would make me finally stop subbing.

instead of focussing on dungeons and raids, blizz should make a spin-off game.

That game will be an MMODC (dungeon crawler), let's call it Warcraft Heroes (or sth like that).
    It seperates the dungeon/raid content from WoW, making the original game a single player RPG (like many casuals [or hardcore no-lifers] want the game to be or think it is when it is definitely not).
    WoW, as single player game will be the basics of WoW heroes so to say. WoW tells the basic/background story, and Heroes lets you experience it in a pre-made group/raid setting.
    That being said, no single player/player+ai dungeons/raids in WoW anymore, everything shifted to Heroes.

For example: "Why does the alliance attack zandalar?" in WoW, with "find out in BoD and get to know how the story ENDS" in Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    You know what'd be kind of cool, chasing that line? Bringing back and updating the idea of microdungeons (like the elite troll area in pre-Cata Hinterlands, and the old Fenris Isle, among others) where you have areas full of elites, that play for all intents and purposes like outdoor dungeons, and end in some sort of indoor stronghold with dungeon bosses and chests for loot that have a daily cooldown (and use the phased chests like in Draenor, Broken Isles, Argus, and Kul Tiras/Zandalar where you get your own specific chest to loot) and dungeon gear.
    Aion did that well.

But there's 1 problem with that. Flying

Flying just poses as a problem when Blizz wants to do creative world content. You can just bypass everything.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Same here man except i still do lfr from time to time but mostly world content more now.
    I don't even do LFR or Mythic+ dungeons anymore. I'm happy with the gear I've been receiving from world content and don't want to dedicate any time to organized content at the moment.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

I don't really feel like dungeons and raids are suffering due to other content... they have been quite good for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    We basically already had that in WoD and look how that turned out.
    WoD literally added only a single raid instance to its base content.

Besides, if the Mythic difficulty for dungeons had already existed at launch for WoD dungeons, that might have been decent as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think a game orientated around the idea of the content being sololy dungeons and raids ie. group content. Its just not a WoW thing though, as current World of Warcraft is soo much more than just dungeons and raids. Like, i agree with OP that it is the best they do, but if they only had that, i think the flaws in painting would become more apperant and we would apperciate the content much less.

I think it is like the Mega dungeons. Part of why they are amazing is that they are rare, and while we could proberly do with some more often, if they made 2 of them each major patch, i think they would become much less exciting. So if WoW had 25 dungeons and 3 raids each patch, i think it would become too much and people would begin to drown in the same feeling content.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    - They are losing players by spreading their resources thin over filler content like islands, Warfronts, zones, etc as the quality of dungeons and raids is worse due to fewer resources.
    There's no evidence that players stay for dungeons either. 30% of the player base participates in organized raiding.

Abandoning world content entirely and forcing everyone into perpetual group play is such a bad idea I can't even fathom the mind of someone who would suggest it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Do you realize how many people never touch dungeons and raids and/or only do the bare minimum for quests?