Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Think Stranglethorn Vale will be PvP fest at launch?

So we know PvP ranks will not be a thing in Phase 1. And 90% of people at the start would be focusing on grinding to level 60.
    Only scenarios that come to my mind when being engaged in PvP combat. Would be either you take someone's mob and they get frustrated. Or you're in someones grinding spot.

Any takes how you can be there, with minimum PvP Engagement during leveling at the start? Guess try for 1-2 hours to see if you indeed get picked on 24/7.
    Alternative location (Horde & Alliance = Arathi Highlands & Desolace), I'm more familiar with the Horde faction. But pretty sure there is an alliance quest hub at the northern part of Desolace.
    Last edited by Kravok60; 2019-07-13 at 02:08 PM.

LOL, that's the SPIRIT!

It wont really, it willbe a layering extravaganza where people will layer in and out depending on if they get the jump or not and if they win or not. It will just be a huge mess of teleporting in and out of layers. PvP will prob not be as fun as some belive it will be because of that.

I expect the enitrety of Stranglethorn aswell as Hillsbrad to be the main PvP focal points, like they were back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    It wont really, it willbe a layering extravaganza where people will layer in and out depending on if they get the jump or not and if they win or not. It will just be a huge mess of teleporting in and out of layers. PvP will prob not be as fun as some belive it will be because of that.
    I wonder if it will be possible to figure out which layer is the least populated, and just have someone stay in that layer in town, so anyone can switch to it if they need to? Would an addon be able to determine roughly the population of each layer?

Stranglethorn Vale, hillsbrad foothills, tanaris can be skipped when leveling

there are other option equivalent zones to level in fast such as desolace to feralis, stonetalon, felwood then going to winterspring

horde can go from 1 to 40++ on a PVP server and never get ganked, they have access to RFC, SFK, WC, RFK, RFD and all the SM dungeons, in Blue zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I wonder if it will be possible to figure out which layer is the least populated, and just have someone stay in that layer in town, so anyone can switch to it if they need to? Would an addon be able to determine roughly the population of each layer?
    You just ask people in your guild to invite you into layer where your faction is dominating. Other faction from that layer will naturally hop to another layer, so basically the server will be a bunch of single-faction layers.

Even though its in everyones best interest to just level and not waste time ganking at first, it will be happening alot.

May I suggest the relative sanity of a PvE server.

I expect good pvp bouts and plenty of ganking around the usual hotspots as mentioned: STV and Hillsbrad primarily. I don't think layer dodging will be a thing, personally, since people that roll on PvP servers are probably interested in PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    there are other option equivalent zones to level in fast such as desolace to feralis, stonetalon, felwood then going to winterspring

horde can go from 1 to 40++ on a PVP server and never get ganked, they have access to RFC, SFK, WC, RFK, RFD and all the SM dungeons, in Blue zones.
    Horde can't be attacked in Silverpine/Barrens/Tirisfal? I thought only the starting areas were safe zones. (Never played on a PvP server).
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Horde can't be attacked in Silverpine/Barrens/Tirisfal? I thought only the starting areas were safe zones. (Never played on a PvP server).
    They are safe zones. Basicly 20+ is contested. First zone horde characters go to that is contested if they play Orc/troll/tauren is usualy Stonetalon Mountains or Ashenvale.

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt more than minority will abuse layering on a regular basis in world PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    They are safe zones. Basicly 20+ is contested. First zone horde characters go to that is contested if they play Orc/troll/tauren is usualy Stonetalon Mountains or Ashenvale.
    Learn something new every 13 years it seems!
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

? I have very clear memorys of big pvp engagements at crossroads. Im confused.

Unless you mean "safezones" as in "theres no reason for alliance to be here while leveling at server launch" Then ya, I get it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Wait? You can force a layer change?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post

yeah, it's kinda unbalanced that way. I guess that's the price to pay for not being a million years away from blackrock mountain.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll be one of the first in STV, so I'll see you there with my gun out. Speed Level Life™

STV is a nightmarish 24/7 battleground ALL the time, not just at launch.

Hence why I'll be playing on a PvE server.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    ? I have very clear memorys of big pvp engagements at crossroads. Im confused.

Unless you mean "safezones" as in "theres no reason for alliance to be here while leveling at server launch" Then ya, I get it.
    If a horde is in a horde safezone he can not be attacked by alliance in the same zone, unless the horde attack the alliance first as he then tag him self as being PvP enabled. Alliance is not safe in horde safezones (and horde is not safe in alliance safe zones). That is how Barrens battles happens. Alliance kill NPC in crossroads or wherever to provoke a response from the horde players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whistl3r View Post
    Wait? You can force a layer change?
    Yes. There have been numerous threads about it on the forum.

Honestly, its like you guys dont read updates. There will be penalties to people who try to hop layers all the time, including long cooldowns on it. Why would people roll on PvP servers just to opt out of PvP? This doesn't make sense lol.