Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nothing says brilliant game design like killing the same enemy models, in the same camp models for 100 hours of gameplay to finish a story that only has 20 hours of legitimate content.
    Alright, I still had a blast playing it. Opinions being subjective and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Alright, I still had a blast playing it. Opinions being subjective and whatnot.
    I mean, there is a different between having fun playing something and calling it "brilliant" or a "masterpiece". There is nothing brilliant about it, it's literally Ubisoft gameplay design turned up to 1000x for the sake of padding and bloating out the game to maximum potential.

I still enjoy playing Madden, but I'm not gonna call it brilliant lmao. The opposite is true actually, it's a lazy and unimaginative take on american football and I only play it due to there being no other option and it regularly dropping to sub $20 quickly each year.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-07-14 at 08:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look. There are mods out there that allows you to bypass the XP stuff. Not hacks, mods hosted on Nexus Mods. Ubisoft will never ban someone from a singleplayer game for using mods. But they can nerf their in-game tools. I mean, honestly, that's just logical.

People are jumping to conclusions that it's because they want people to buy their XP boost. That's just... wrong. If people really go out of their way to get an easy-farming custom-made quest for free XP, surely modding the game for improved XP rates - which is legal - isn't much more difficult.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Zandalarian Paladin View Post
    Look. There are mods out there that allows you to bypass the XP stuff. Not hacks, mods hosted on Nexus Mods. Ubisoft will never ban someone from a singleplayer game for using mods. But they can nerf their in-game tools. I mean, honestly, that's just logical.

People are jumping to conclusions that it's because they want people to buy their XP boost. That's just... wrong. If people really go out of their way to get an easy-farming custom-made quest for free XP, surely modding the game for improved XP rates - which is legal - isn't much more difficult.
    Yea, console players just go mod your game to get faster xp. Brilliant take, almost like it's a PC exclusive game or PC doesn't make up the minority of the player base for it... oh wait...

How many developers care about xp balance in their SP RPGs? Funny that I'm drawing a blank outside of the one that is selling an XP boost for RL money...

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Using internet and downloading player created content isnt 100% single player anyway so if people could stop using the outrage mobile because of "SP" that would be great
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Can't people just use trainers for lots of easy XP...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, console players just go mod your game to get faster xp. Brilliant take, almost like it's a PC exclusive game or PC doesn't make up the minority of the player base for it... oh wait...

How many developers care about xp balance in their SP RPGs? Funny that I'm drawing a blank outside of the one that is selling an XP boost for RL money...
    "How many developer care about XP balance in their SP RPGs?". Is this a real question? I just -- I can't even begin to describe in how many way this sentence is... well, idiotic.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Zandalarian Paladin View Post
    "How many developer care about XP balance in their SP RPGs?". Is this a real question? I just -- I can't even begin to describe in how many way this sentence is... well, idiotic.
    Oh yea? Because there is almost always a cheap way to level in SP RPGs and most of them are never patched out.

Did Atlus care about people hitting level 99 easily in Persona 5 by cheesing Reaper during Flu Season? Nope you can literally still do that now, almost 3 years post game release because shocker: they aren't selling an xp boost.

Please show me all these SP RPG devs that go out of their way to "fix" easy xp gains. Put your money where your mouth is and prove it if it's so idiotic. Instead you made a statement you can't back up.

Developers don't care because it only effects the player playing the game, no one else. Cheating and over leveling only cheats yourself by making your experience a joke, if you want to do it more power to you. Well except of course for everyone not trying to monetize an xp boost lol...
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-07-14 at 09:28 PM.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Using mods = sort-of-multiplayer, sounds legit.
    accessing an online community with multiple to millions of people = sInGlE plaYEr

ok
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused, aren't assassin's creed games single player or is this one MMO esque? You can't fucking seriously tell me they put RMT xp boosts into a single player game, just don't.

Nothing says brilliant game design like killing the same enemy models, in the same camp models for 100 hours of gameplay to finish a story that only has 20 hours of legitimate content.
    well you spend hundreds of hours whining about ACO & BotW, you seem to enjoy that, so why so salty people enjoying the actual game if you're happy just whining about it for hours?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I'm confused, aren't assassin's creed games single player or is this one MMO esque? You can't fucking seriously tell me they put RMT xp boosts into a single player game, just don't.
    yeah they did, but they're not required and mobs scale to your level, so if you buy xp boosts then grind a lot of exp, guess what, mobs are still your level!

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit like this is the reason why I'm not ever going to play Beyond Good and Evil 2. I'll be getting a superior single-player MMO experience playing WoW or FFXIV.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Except they did. They also sell materials with MTX, they also regularly make new weapons and upload them to the shop for even more MTX.

Ubisoft has been flirting with GAAS monetization in their SP games for a long time but they went full blown with this one.

But yea, there is literally no multiplayer in this game at all. Not even like a small feature or anything, literally no MP.

I guess games such as Spore are multiplayer then... ok, nice to know.

Edited: Also, you might contact platforms such as Steam and inform them about that, because whatever reason the game is being advertised as a "single player" game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/8...Creed_Odyssey/
    He comes from the Sean Murray definition of multiplayer lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    AC odyssey is a singleplayer game but only in the basic sense of the word because it always requires an internet connection to play and it constantly updates with more quests, item packs, and it sells exp boosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    AC odyssey is a singleplayer game but only in the basic sense of the word because it always requires an internet connection to play and it constantly updates with more quests, item packs, and it sells exp boosters.
    Don't know about PC but the console version does not always require internet access, It actually doesn't require it at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Using internet and downloading player created content isnt 100% single player anyway so if people could stop using the outrage mobile because of "SP" that would be great
    By ur logic Skyrim isn't a SP game ether because people can download player created content....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It runs on uplay offline mode, yes.
    Oh well there goes the "always needing internet" argument he had then.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Beyond the push to the store in both Origins and Odyssey

Both games are very well done. Odyssey isn't quite as good but I wanted a squad of myrmidons instead i got super powers. Disappointing considering there weren't any assassins in the game. Shoulda had a ship and a larger crew for land on top of the named officers

It's too bad they won't update the basic game design for another decade

Honestly it doesn't even really matter, it's a pretty crap argument regardless as it consists on redefining the damn fucking term.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/multiplayer
    Fully agree, Was just saying is all.

I honestly can't understand why people are defending this shit, I guess to meme..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    Shit like this is the reason why I'm not ever going to play Beyond Good and Evil 2. I'll be getting a superior single-player MMO experience playing WoW or FFXIV.
    Well if you dont want to wait and want to have a lot of fun, there is Earth Defence force 5. Mindless killing
    No seriosly that damn game is so addictive and its so simple.

As from what i have seen, any new game from huge publishers that is also a singleplayer will have a catch. As soon as the investors are involved they will try to trow in any microtrash.
    Remember horse armor in oblivion? It was a singleplayer game.