Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Disgraceful. If you want to be a US citizen you should at least respect the citizens who are here.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Disgraceful. If you want to be a US citizen you should at least respect the citizens who are here.
    I'm sure those protestors respect themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, the good old flag worship. The only kind of worship that is still taken seriously in the US, it seems.

Treat the asylum seekers like human beings? No, that might be something Christ would do.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    IMHO it was a governmental owned flag, there surely is a federal flag code about vandalizing the flag.
    you can vandalize your own (in sense of: you purchased or you made it) flag, but not other's property. so bring your own next time
    The flag code isn't a legal code (ie. it isn't part of the law, breaking it has no penalties of its own). Obviously if you break the law while breaking the flag code (vandalism or theft for example), then yeah, you're in trouble.

But just breaking the flag code is perfectly legal, hence why we're not charging everyone who has an American flag hat, or shirt, or underwear, with a crime. They're definitely breaking the flag code, but they're not breaking the law.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2019-07-15 at 01:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breslin View Post
    You can gaslight all you want, but where are we supposed to detain people when they cross the border illegally or come for asylum? Can we send 300k people a month to your house?
    Simple solution that will ensure US global hegemony for another 100 years. Continental union between North and Central America. Free flow of migration and capital will strengthen US leverage over China through sheer demand of 1 billion+ North, Central, and eventually South American consumers.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

You can gaslight all you want, but where are we supposed to detain people when they cross the border illegally or come for asylum? Can we send 300k people a month to your house?
    It's more like sending a new person to your house once every 1100 years, proportionally speaking (assuming you live alone).

- - - Updated - - -

But not women, or trans people, or POC, or the poorest, or those with long term health conditions, or those with mental health problems...

The American right wing has no right to talk to anybody about respecting others. None.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Simple solution that will ensure US global hegemony for another 100 years. Continental union between North and Central America. Free flow of migration and capital will strengthen US leverage over China through sheer demand of 1 billion+ North, Central, and eventually South American consumers.
    The only reason our current system of immigration is good for business is because they can pay them slave wages. So are you going to also abolish the minimum wage and work safety laws? Or just for migrant workers? What we have now is defacto modern slavery, and sadly the only reason the human capital you speak of is valuable is because of its very very low price. Trump's plan to revitalize manufacturing is retarded, our economy has evolved beyond that, and his plan punish China or force them to respect our IP is good and needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason our current system of immigration is good for business is because they can pay them slave wages. So are you going to also abolish the minimum wage and work safety laws? Or just for migrant workers? What we have now is defacto modern slavery, and sadly the only reason the human capital you speak of is valuable is because of its very very low price. Trump's plan to revitalize manufacturing is retarded, our economy has evolved beyond that, and his plan punish China or force them to respect our IP is good and needed.
    needed yes, good, no, thats why its been failing non stop

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    needed yes, good, no, thats why its been failing non stop
    What do you suggest then? Because China isn't going to negotiate for no reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    iTs jUsT a fLaG

says the MAGA Hat when people say the Confederate flag has no place in the US.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you suggest then? Because China isn't going to negotiate for no reason.
    while it wasn't perfect, the idea of the TPP, making a large trade block out of the pacific nations that are some of China's biggest markets so then you can as one large group force China to behave was a reasonable one

turning it into China vs America, just have China live off ALL its other markets while waiting out the US public. When you have a borderline dictatorship, you can wait, a democracy, your ass will get voted out when to many people lose their quality of life

but, this is the results you get went the only policy you have is "opposite of Obama because of *reasons* wink

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Per the Denver Post:

Communists hate the United States? <insert shocked Pikachu face>
    Was that even a USA flag it looks like the police flag.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I don't think that's the actual flag.
    Yeah most American flags aren't entirely black and white with a blue line, there is one though, which is not the American flag.

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't look like a USA flag so what are you complaining about?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah most American flags aren't entirely black and white with a blue line, there is one though, which is not the American flag.
    the US flag was taken down and the mexican flag was raised up. That is the greater issue, you all can make the issue about the Blue lives matter flag, i don't really care, but to claim US territory for Mexico is kinda serious...
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    the US flag was taken down and the mexican flag was raised up. That is the greater issue, you all can make the issue about the Blue lives matter flag, i don't really care, but to claim US territory for Mexico is kinda serious...
    Parts of Colorado were part of Mexico, why not show the heritage?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't look like a USA flag so what are you complaining about?
    The "blue lives matter" flag was put out there as a protest upside down with the text abandon ICE. They took down the pressumably normal US flags from the poles. I highly doubt they are running blue lives matter flags at ICE office. At least I hope so.

Now for the actual matter, what's the problem here? Do you not care about freedom of speech or does that only apply to non-confederate supporters. If people fly confederate flags it's perfectly acceptable for right-wingers. How about our GOP supporters stop not bothering to answer this.

Parts of Colorado were part of Mexico, why not show the heritage?
    thats done all the time, with the US flag flown above the mexican one. Removing the US flag to raise the mexican flag means something else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    The "blue lives matter" flag was put out there as a protest upside down with the text abandon ICE. They took down the pressumably normal US flags from the poles. I highly doubt they are running blue lives matter flags at ICE office. At least I hope so.

Now for the actual matter, what's the problem here? Do you not care about freedom of speech or does that only apply to non-confederate supporters. If people fly confederate flags it's perfectly acceptable for right-wingers. How about our GOP supporters stop not bothering to answer this.
    I don't give a shit what flag you fly on private property. I might be judgemental of you based on which you choose to fly, but i won't stop you. However, when you raise another flag in place of the US flag, on US soil, there is meaning to that. A deep historical meaning.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post

It appears the blue lives matter flag was there and vandalized, and the USA flag taken down and replaced by a Mexican one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    thats done all the time, with the US flag flown above the mexican one. Removing the US flag to raise the mexican flag means something else.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't give a shit what flag you fly on private property. I might be judgemental of you based on which you choose to fly, but i won't stop you. However, when you raise another flag in place of the US flag, on US soil, there meaning to that. A deep historical meaning.
    Mm I mean please tell me you are an equal opportunitst and you find the idea of government buildings flying the flags of racist slave owning white supremacist who were traitors and terrorists to the United States of America, is ridiculous.

It appears the blue lives matter flag was there and vandalized, and the USA flag taken down and replaced by a Mexican one.

- - - Updated - - -

Mm I mean please tell me you are an equal opportunitst and you find the idea of government buildings flying the flags of racist slave owning white supremacist who were traitors and terrorists to the United States of America, is ridiculous.
    There are no racists flags, flags are a piece of cloth that represent an idea dependant on one's own interpretation. What may be racist to you might mean something else to another. In regard to the Confederate flag, which i believe you are referring to, no i do not support it being flown at federal buildings. It has not place there.

I like how the people who loathe Trump and want him gone, have no problem with something that will energize the people who voted for him, it's like you're not even trying to win or caring about winning. You need people to not vote Trump. I guess disrespecting the flag will help as much as every democrat saying that criminal immigrants should get free healthcare.

Apparently the goal is to see if Trump will not only win reelection, but even win the so-called uber-important popular vote too. Nobody besides his reelection campaign benefits from idiocy like this.