Poll: Where do you stand?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    I suppose we could ask the Mexican government to cover expenses for them but how much of a burden should foreign criminals be to the states?
    Mexico is not detaining them, Mexico has no jurisdiction in the US or over US facilities, the people aren't trying to get into Mexico, a good portion of them aren't even from Mexico.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    rather hollow, when Trump has been using illegals at his golf course for decades.
    Do you people understand the difference between undocumented ("illegals") and visa holders?

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    have been forced to drink out of toilets
    Is this statement true?

I haven't seen photo of the Clint, TX facilities that @AOC described today, but it would be interesting if "drinking from the toilet" meant drinking from an attached sink marked "potable water" -- like this image from a CBP holding facility in Tuscon (filed in federal court).

a CBP official said Monday in the early evening that plumbing fixtures at the locations Ocasio-Cortez visited are standard-issue jail appliances with sinks that dispense safe drinking water attached to toilets in a single unit.

‘Of course that’s what we have,’ the official said. ‘No one is drinking toilet water. They’re drinking potable water from the sink attached to the toilet. It’s what you would find in every municipal jail in the United States.’

A photo filed in a federal court case in 2016 illustrates the setup in a Tucson, Arizona CBP holding facility. The official confirmed that it’s identical to what detainees at Texas border stations have access to.
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Do you people understand the difference between undocumented ("illegals") and visa holders?
    Do you believe every undocumented immigrant in this country simply hopped over the border fence?

You're aware visa overstays are a thing and that some of them get tied up in the system just like processing papers for any other immigration status?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

7+ Year Old Account
    The ICE raids orchestrated by the Trump Administration start today. Many captive by ICE have been without food and water and have been forced to drink out of toilets and have gotten their families separated from them. What do you think of all this?
    If they can catch some criminals or get intel on terrorists it will have been worth it. Though I'm not sure how much information they can release after the raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Is this statement true?

The ones in question had a broken sink part. In essence you are correct, except it wasn't working and they were told to drink out of the toilet portion because it's the "same water".

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I wouldn't say its only something thats been invented in the last 50-60 years. Its something that should've stopped 50-60 years ago. The rhetoric has always existed in the US. It being used to as a political tool and way to place fear into the culturally insecure should no longer exist 60 years after the Civil Rights era.
    This is true, it's probably fairer to say that the US goes through periods of identifying which group is the "other" to alienate. There was a time when the Irish weren't just considered the other, they weren't considered white. That's hard to even imagine given how definitively white the Irish are, but that also shows how completely made up the entire issue is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a reminder: ICE needs a warrant like any other law enforcement official. They can't just kick in random doors in the barrio.

Asking for a judge each time will slow them down.

But, kicking in too many doors without a warrant will get every single raid called into court.

This is going to be a tricky thing to do properly. And the Trump administration has shown a long string of doing things poorly.

have been forced to drink out of toilets
    That was lie by AOC that has been already debunked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bkbrgPv70s

"Did you see somebody actually do that?"
    "ooops I gotta go"

I support ICE. If you want to live in USA do it legaly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Hope the camps themselves get raided/liberated.
    Some deranged fool already tried

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ention-center/

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    That was lie by AOC that has been already debunked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bkbrgPv70s

"Did you see somebody actually do that?"
    "ooops I gotta go"

I support ICE. If you want to live in USA do it legaly.
    Debunked requires proof.

Them just going "nah" isn't proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Debunked requires proof.

And where is her proof ?

And where is her proof ?
    You said it yourself. You chose to support ICE the fascist organization we don't need which has only been around for 16 years.

I don't. I don't have any reason to believe them since there has been a number of lies coming from this administration and the organizations involved.

I didn't think my comment would convince you, but I didn't want the idea of proof to go unchallenged since this is literally a he said she said with the only evidence I can see being the horrific conditions people are being subject to and you have to decide who you would rather believe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Debunked requires proof.

Actually the onus of proof is on the person claiming something happened. Not on the counterfactual.

You said it yourself. You chose to support ICE the fascist organization we don't need which has only been around for 16 years.

I don't. I don't have any reason to believe them since there has been a number of lies coming from this administration and the organizations involved.

I didn't think my comment would convince you, but I didn't want the idea of proof to go unchallenged since this is literally a he said she said with the only evidence I can see being the horrific conditions people are being subject to and you have to decide who you would rather believe.
    ICE is not fascist organization and clearly is needed.

I dont have any reason to believe AOC after her many lies and manipulations.

You talk about challenging a proof. Were you challenging her claim that they are drinking from toilet when she made it or you didnt feel like it needs to be challenged?

ICE is not fascist organization and clearly is needed.

I dont have any reason to believe AOC after her many lies and manipulations.

You talk about challenging a proof. Were you challenging her claim that they are drinking from toilet when she made it or you didnt feel like it needs to be challenged?
    I'm not talking about challenging a proof. I'm talking about you speaking of a proof when none exists.

I'm not talking about challenging a proof. I'm talking about you speaking of a proof when none exists.
    She is the one who needs to provide evidence.

If I say that you murdered someone you are not the one who needs to prove that you did not.

She is the one who needs to provide evidence.

If I say that you murdered someone you are not the one who needs to prove that you did not.
    If I have to go to court over it I do.

7+ Year Old Account
    If I have to go to court over it I do.
    Nope, you don't. The plaintiff is the one making a positive assertion, the burden of proof is entirely on the plaintiff.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Nope, you don't. The plaintiff is the one making a positive assertion, the burden of proof is entirely on the plaintiff.
    And my friend goes to prison because his legal defender says the prosecutor is putting too much effort into fabricating a crime against him to fight.

7+ Year Old Account
    And my friend goes to prison because his legal defender says the prosecutor is putting too much effort into fabricating a crime against him to fight.
    Fabricating claims does happen, which is precisely the reason why *skepticism* is required in the system. Which is to say we should never automatically believe a claim.