Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I'm not losing out on anything other than another conspiracy theory to compensate for something or distract one self of their mundane lives or misery.

Yes it is very hard to believe some stuff since it assume you to accept several things without any proof to build a basis for even more bullshit
    Wow, what a stupid generalisation. So, anyone that watches any TV or documentaries has a mundane life lmao. I'm sure your life is a 24/7 party.

Nope, not hard to believe at all when you actually watch the documentary and open your mind a bit. Sure, no one knows whether he's telling the truth or not, but many documentaries are like that, and that, to a degree, makes it more interesting. Your loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    But don't get up set if people think you are an idiot for believing something that goes against all known evidence and siding with a known liar and someone who has been discredited.
    What is the discredited evidence? Not saying that in a condescending way, I would genuinely like to read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A myth needs to be sustained.

Both from the naysayers, and the true believers.

It needs to be rooted inside the mind, for our species, "The Storytellers".
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

I'm halfway through Joe's podcast with Bob Lazar and something keeps popping in my mind. Has Bob Lazar's scientific knowledge ever being tested?

I can't get my finger around it.. the way he speaks about physics and scientific concepts in general just seems too bare bones from someone that was invited to reverse engineer alien technology.

Mentally divergent or full on Bullshit Artist.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    That was my gripe about the doc too, literally no need for all the Mickey Rourke 'clever word' over dubs. It didn't come across in a good way at all.

lol shut up.
    You sealed the deal the moment you threw skepticism out the window. It's okay to admit one does not know for certain. That's the problem with people who love a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Wow, what a stupid generalisation. So, anyone that watches any TV or documentaries has a mundane life lmao. I'm sure your life is a 24/7 party.

Nope, not hard to believe at all when you actually watch the documentary and open your mind a bit. Sure, no one knows whether he's telling the truth or not, but many documentaries are like that, and that, to a degree, makes it more interesting. Your loss.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the discredited evidence? Not saying that in a condescending way, I would genuinely like to read it.
    The discredit comes from his lies about his education. He has no record of ever setting foot on MITs or CalTechs( I misremembered it as Cal-Berkley earlier). He claims to have masters degrees from both and there would be a huge paper trail and footprint left behind if that were the case. The only professor he can ever name is one that taught him at JuCo. He has been a regular in the conspiracy theory circles, which many if not most of those guys peddle debunked theories or deal in plausibility not evidence. His website peddles conspiracy theories, uranium, Kratom, and other crazy shit. He answers, "I'd rather not say" or broad and vague answers to specific and easy to answer questions all the time.

Just a quick is Bob Lazar credible on Google will give you a days worth of reading on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    Bob Lazar: Area 51 & Flying Saucers

Has anyone else watched this yet?

I watched it a few nights ago, it's pretty interesting to say the least. I'm sure people were already aware of him as you can't look up Alien Conspiracy and not see his name but i thought the documentary was good.

He talks with such conviction that i have to just believe everything he is saying. I don't think he knows the full overall picture however he talks about that himself countless times. How he was only given access to X amount of information etc.

I also find it extremely weird how all of a sudden when the time came to discredit him he apparently had no diploma's for literally any schools he ever went to amongst other things.

It was also bizarre how after they had 1 of their talks (Bob & the interviewer) the same day the FBI came around mid Netflix documentary and took complete control over his home.

I think it would be stupid to perceive we are completely alone in this vast universe and there is just something about Bob that makes me believe him.
    i dont understand why netflix gave that crackpot conman a platform. we dont need more people believing this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I'm halfway through Joe's podcast with Bob Lazar and something keeps popping in my mind. Has Bob Lazar's scientific knowledge ever being tested?

I can't get my finger around it.. the way he speaks about physics and scientific concepts in general just seems too bare bones from someone that was invited to reverse engineer alien technology.
    He's an electrical engineer. So if course he would only have a basic grasp of physics.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    After watching him on JRE, I have to say I believe hes 120% full of shit.
    Everyone on the internet is an expert in all fields nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Some unusual facts that you missed in that show is that:.
    Its on netflix. Nuff said. If it was such a a huge secret, that the government didn't want out, it would NOT, under any circumstances, be on netflix. Any argument you try to toss out will not, and cannot trump the fact that it is out.

"such a big secret the government let him put it on netflix!"
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Or you can read what i wrote and see it refers to fools that are prone to conspiracy theories not people who just watch tv. Flat earthers, people who believe in UFO's can all be categorized under a few psychological profiles, that's a proven thing.

Open my mind how? for it to be opened i need to set aside my critical thinking and blindly accept several lies as fact so this conman or deeply troubled person can build on it and so inject more lies and make believe stories. But i get it, i get the attraction of when you don't have much going for you and so joining some sort of cult where you are made to believe that only "you" and a few other special individuals understand the "real truth", as i said there's a psychological study that points out why some people are more prone to conspiracies.

Wow, what a stupid generalisation. So, anyone that watches any TV or documentaries has a mundane life lmao.
    um...no.

He pretty specifically mentioned conspiracy theorists. You know, the kind of people who unquestionably believe that intelligent aliens have come to earth and the government has been keeping it secret (and developing technologies based on theirs) for decades. That's much more interesting than the mundane world we actually live in...which is part of the reason a show like Stargate SG-1 was able to run for 10 seasons...

As far as Joe Rogan Podcasts go, Bob Lazar's wasn't particularly memorable to me, even though the topic fascinates me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Or you can read what i wrote and see it refers to fools that are prone to conspiracy theories not people who just watch tv. Flat earthers, people who believe in UFO's can all be categorized under a few psychological profiles, that's a proven thing.

Open my mind how? for it to be opened i need to set aside my critical thinking and blindly accept several lies as fact so this conman or deeply troubled person can build on it and so inject more lies and make believe stories. But i get it, i get the attraction of when you don't have much going for you and so joining some sort of cult where you are made to believe that only "you" and a few other special individuals understand the "real truth", as i said there's a psychological study that points out why some people are more prone to conspiracies.
    That's now how it reads since this is a documentary. You don't have to go to a convention with nutjobs or anything like that, it's simply a documentary that you can watch, you don't have to agree with it to find it interesting.

You can't compare flat earthers to people that believe in UFO's. A flat earth is something that can be proven wrong and is unprecedentedly known to be bullshit, UFO's have many arguments for and against. To not believe in aliens is a very naive thing, imo, since the universe is so big you can't even comprehend it. Whether aliens have visited our planet is another matter, and whilst I do believe they have, I've never experienced it myself and I don't have any proof, but that's just my belief.

How do you know they're make believe? Where's your evidence against him? Open your mind to that the government in America has tried to cover things up before and definitely have the power to remove any evidence he can have in terms of his past and working for X and Y company etc, it's not really hard to believe they can do things like that.

I'm not some kind of nutjob, I don't have a shirt that says "I'VE BEEN ABDUCTED", not part of some "cult" or anything like that. I simply believe there is a possibility he is telling the truth, and there's no concrete evidence to back that up, but there's no concrete evidence against it either. Sure, it's not everyone's cup of tea, and I don't expect everyone to believe it, but to go on like you're some sort of superior intellectual to anyone that believes this kind of stuff could be true is pathetic. Sounds like you're the only one with nothing going on and are trying to prove otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    um...no.

He pretty specifically mentioned conspiracy theorists. You know, the kind of people who unquestionably believe that intelligent aliens have come to earth and the government has been keeping it secret (and developing technologies based on theirs) for decades. That's much more interesting than the mundane world we actually live in...which is part of the reason a show like Stargate SG-1 was able to run for 10 seasons...
    Since we're discussing a documentary here and not some sort of event or whole host of groups or whatever, it reads that anyone that watches this documentary (people that watch Netflix/TV) and slightly agrees with it has a mundane, dead life with no aspirations. I know people in my work that have watched it and found it interesting, guess they don't have anything going on either

Forget UFOs for a moment. The first thing you'd do to verify what Bob Lazar is, would be to do an interview with him with established engineers in his field of study and just to chat about engineering (and not aliens). Just to establish he is a genuine expert in engineering on a level that the government might hire him for something. Lazar doesn't even do THAT.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'd watch it for the same reasons I watch Ancient Aliens. Which is to say I find it entertaining (Ancient Aliens is actually one of my favorite shows right now), but I don't take most of it seriously. I feel like this Lazar guy would've "disappeared" a long time ago if he were legit or had any proof of what he's saying.

That said, I definitely don't believe we're alone. Considering how many known galaxies there are and how many stars are estimated to be in our galaxy alone (and all that is just in the tiny amount that we can actually observe), I think it's very unlikely that our planet is the only one with intelligent life in that whole mess.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-07-17 at 01:49 PM.

None of you can even begin to fathom existence, yet many of you confidently speak displaying your so called intelligence. Who do we believe? Do we believe a guy who has proclaimed to have worked on otherworldly alien tech or the guy who read from specific sources that he did not? You know what Bob Lazar and all of you have in common? You are all humans, so you'll do human things such as lie or attack others who believe differently than you do. Most of you are incapable of having a civilized discussion without asserting some type of negativity into it. Are many of you that miserable? It's a shame. A lot of you are very "well off", I suppose you can say yet, prisoners to your own emotions. Imagine being so out of touch with reality that you are [... wait for it ...] 'triggered' just by reading words. I kid. I can't criticize. I've had my share of incidences, but I implore some of you to ask yourselves, "is this negativity worth it?" I was expecting to read an interesting topic. The theory of extraterrestrial life is really fascinating, and I can see why there are those who would forbid that information from getting out. Are any of you really willing to think bigger than yourselves and your linear views of the universe?

It's not an inability to be emotional. It's reason.

While it certainly may be reasonable that alien life exists in the universe, the idea that it 1) has visited Earth, 2) exists in the same 4 dimensions we exist in, 3) is similar in structure and function (IE, carbon-based and bipedal) and 4) isn't known and is able to be covered up by a singular Earth government..........is frankly preposterous. The math against the first three is just astronomical, and the 3rd point is the thing that strikes down all conspiracy theories - human inability to keep a secret that's supposedly regularly observable.

Michael Crichton had a good pop culture-relevant analysis of the idea of us coming into contact with alien life in......I believe it was Sphere....which is now a book that's like 40 years old. Alien life in the rest of the universe might just as readily be an intelligent network of crystalline lattice. The chance of them being bipedal with a head and eyes and mouth etc is in itself nigh on impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It's not an inability to be emotional. It's reason.

While it certainly may be reasonable that alien life exists in the universe, the idea that it 1) has visited Earth, 2) exists in the same 4 dimensions we exist in, 3) is similar in structure and function (IE, carbon-based and bipedal) and 4) isn't known and is able to be covered up by a singular Earth government..........is frankly preposterous. The math against the first three is just astronomical, and the 3rd point is the thing that strikes down all conspiracy theories - human inability to keep a secret that's supposedly regularly observable.

Michael Crichton had a good pop culture-relevant analysis of the idea of us coming into contact with alien life in......I believe it was Sphere....which is now a book that's like 40 years old. Alien life in the rest of the universe might just as readily be an intelligent network of crystalline lattice. The chance of them being bipedal with a head and eyes and mouth etc is in itself nigh on impossible.
    unless there is a way to travel faster than light, then the optimal means of interstellar travel is to shed as much mass as possible, which means making yourself incredibly small. so alien craft might be as big as the head of a pin.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried. Way too boring and dry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.