Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    It's the same guy

Ya lets get a different guy who know what situations actually need to be tested to see where the differences lie (psst, that isnt a empty boralus city or flight paths or 5 man dungeons....)

If i had a ryzen 3000 system on hand id even film and upload it, just dont have the money for a second system at this time.

We dont need a whole suite of benchmarks, literally all we need from someone is two PC's next to each other with the same hardware other than mobo/cpu and showing FPS in a busy boralus with the same settings/same shard. This is how you show the differences between cpu's in this game, a raid is also a good test but there are too many variables. Back to back city testing is the real way to do it.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2019-07-13 at 08:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    <snip>
    And we're back to the literally not reading the post but ignoring what's written and creating diversions from the substance.

Fuck it... do as you please, I'm done with this.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."
    - Kirito, Sword Art Online Abridged by Something Witty Entertainment

Looks like the guy did some LFR.
    120 FPS on boss fights looks pretty good https://youtu.be/MgHGCSLxagw?t=5067

Quote Originally Posted by Sandor Clegane View Post
    I agree he was defending Intel, I get why, he probably felt burnt by AMD on Zen 1. However that's the difference. I didn't think Ryzen 3000 would compete in wow either. I did say I hope I was wrong and maybe he should have said that as well. But he didn't.

I do know that when he is wrong and he knows it, he will admit it. He doesn't deserve personal attacks though, none of us do. We are suppose to be a community, we can agree to disagree. What if the slides we seen were fake, then who looks like the fool?

For shits and giggles, I ordered a 3600X to pair with a B450 Tomohawk I already have just to see what Zen 2 can do, I hope I am happy with it and I can give the finger to Intel and sell my 8600k system. I am tired of buying new motherboards

I found this quite interesting for those that are considering Zen 2 and need a new board. This is a must see.

Thanks for that video. Very informative.

I kinda like the 700 gigabyte board..no fan

Call me nuts.

His previous tests was in LFR, for some reason my fps is really high on a full raid LFR vs a mythic 20 man raid, i dont know, maybe people are not pushing buttons fast enough on LFR. I wish he would test it on at least a normal/heroic 30 man raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Looks like the guy did some LFR.
    120 FPS on boss fights looks pretty good https://youtu.be/MgHGCSLxagw?t=5067
    Looks like Ryzen 3000 is doing very well for itself in WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Listen its awesome that ryzen is finally not a complete potato for WoW, but benchmarking a dead city and using FLIGHT PATHS is not what matters in a game like WoW....you guys should know this before linking videos trying to debunk someone who knows how to actually test this game. What this guy needs to do is take his 9900k and overclock it to 5ghz (as that has been the coversation this whole time) and test boralus back to back with the same memory and gpu against his 3600x in the same instance to get real results. This is why you dont see big sites benchmark wow its just too much of a pain in the ass to get accurate results.
    It makes sense to test different scenarios.
    But if you want to talk about things that matter... Boralus definitely isn't it, from a gameplay point of view.
    Thankfully he did some raid and dungeon testing too.

If you look at his CPU roundup video, he did all kinds of tests with the 9900k. Stock, 5.2ghz, HT off, only 4 cores, only 6 cores.... and the difference is not as big as you seem to think. Disabling HT actually seems to bring bigger gains than the OC...

OC is more useful on older intel CPUs though, which is likely where your experience comes from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/TSRl1JU.png[IMG]
    A 7700k @5GHz beating a 9900k @5.2GHz in waycrest manor.. Either WoW's engine is even more fucked than we give it credit for, or his benchmark is very poorly controlled

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    A 7700k @5GHz beating a 9900k @5.2GHz in waycrest manor.. Either WoW's engine is even more fucked than we give it credit for, or his benchmark is very poorly controlled

ikr. Looking at his graph...shit just does not look right.

His numbers are all over the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandor Clegane View Post
    ikr. Looking at his graph...shit just does not look right.

His numbers are all over the place.
    The only thing I can think of that justifies that is if >4 cores would cause the game to slow down due to scheduling trouble (9900k@5.2 does the same FPS as a 9900k without hyper threading, and the 8350k @5Ghz basically ties the 7700k), but that just seems weird since it's all the same die unlike the new Ryzen chips where using cores on different dies cause a lot of latency.

Well it's not a static benchmark, obviously there are going to be big variations in every run.

only the accumulation of all the tests will give you a pretty good idea which CPU performs the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would have to do more than 1 test per cpu.
    And then take the average of each test to get a much clearer picture.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

There is a thread on reddit about M2 SSD's and WHEA errors on the new Ryzen CPU's. This problem seems to appear on Windows and not Linux. There is apparently also a problem with nVidia cards and WHEA errors that nVidia are fixing at the moment but this is more serious because it could be corrupting data.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...bject_to_whea/

AMD responded to the thread and said that they were looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    There is a thread on reddit about M2 SSD's and WHEA errors on the new Ryzen CPU's. This problem seems to appear on Windows and not Linux. There is apparently also a problem with nVidia cards and WHEA errors that nVidia are fixing at the moment but this is more serious because it could be corrupting data.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...bject_to_whea/

AMD responded to the thread and said that they were looking at it.
    I saw that and luckily my event viewer is empty of these kinds of warnings. Running an ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, so maybe it's just certain types of SSD's like the OP's Samsung?

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I saw that and luckily my event viewer is empty of these kinds of warnings. Running an ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, so maybe it's just certain types of SSD's like the OP's Samsung?
    What MB do you have. There is a comment in the thread that may apply in your case:

Just checked, and on an x570 Taichi with an Inland 1TB NVMe drive I only had 1 Event 17 Warning, and that was from a few days ago - before I actually moved my OS over to the NVMe. I've had no issues since.

If it helps any, I didn't do a proper fresh install - I cloned the install from my SATA drive. Seeing as it appears to be a software issue, maybe that's the difference here?

Edit: I was curious, so I looked up the manual for the X570 Gaming Plus and compared the M2 drive specs with the Taichi. Turns out the upper-most M2 slot on the Taichi supports SATA connections, while the upper-most M2 slot on the Gaming Plus does not. I think that might be linked to the reason why those of us using the X570 Taichi aren't getting any errors.
    and

Hey, u/Geahad, my edit might be important - looks like if the M2 port you're using supports SATA you're fine, even if it's the upper-most port.

What MB do you have. There is a comment in the thread that may apply in your case:

and
    The MSI X570 Gaming Plus, with the drive in the first slot that utilizes PCIe, just like he describes. But as I said, my event viewer shows no relevant WHEA errors. There's one WHEA error for my GPU (5700XT) from the first day I installed it, but that's it, and that's likely because I installed the GPU before I installed chipset drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    The MSI X570 Gaming Plus, with the drive in the first slot that utilizes PCIe, just like he describes. But as I said, my event viewer shows no relevant WHEA errors. There's one WHEA error for my GPU (5700XT) from the first day I installed it, but that's it, and that's likely because I installed the GPU before I installed chipset drivers.
    Cool. So it does look like it's only a subset of drives then which is good news.

Cool. So it does look like it's only a subset of drives then which is good news.
    Yeah it might be one of those errors that affect a certain hardware configuration is what I'm guessing.

Comment from AMD on the thread:

We are looking into the WHEA errors, but I want to be crystal clear to everyone about what we already conclusively know: it doesn't cause data loss. While I'm unable to explain the source of OP's file issues, it is evident to us that this has nothing to do with the WHEA warnings.

I would also ask OP to update the BIOS and stick with the in-box Windows NVMe driver.
    So no data loss.

Comment from AMD on the thread:

So no data loss.
    Okay so it was just some guy who didn't know what was going on and raised alarm bells over it. Sweet.