Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Why would infighting matter compared to Trump fucking up the way he has? "Well, I hate Trump, and he has messed up so much, but three women are fighting and I don't think I can vote for them now. I guess I'll have to vote for Trump because three bitches are pulling hair."
    This wasn't just some random racist tweet. This is actually one of Trumps far more calculated attacks. I say it a lot round here (and get called a "nazi sympathiser" or "woke independent" a lot for saying it) but if you just think of Trump as just a racist idiot who got lucky, then you're seriously underestimating him.

It's no secrect that the democrats have been eating themselves a bit of late. The far "progressive" side of the democrats seem to be emulating the British Labour party who basically began purging any moderate MPs and anyone who would disagree with their leader on any issue. The Justice Democrats are even trying to oust African American and hispanic lawmakers for not being progressive enough. Them calling out Pelosi as a racist and trying to drive out the moderates is a terrible idea if they want to stay elecatable.
    Trump coming to Pelosi's defence is clearly going to give her more problems from the progressives, and make them double-down on their criticism of her. Trump as a character witness is the last thing ANYONE wants.

And then you get to his latest tweets. Sure it's clearly racist but he specifically doesn't mention people by name, and so it's down to the democrats to decide that he was referencing all 4 of the squad specifically. All the media are saying it's directed at those four but he doesn't call them by name - He's vague enough to be able to claim plausible deniability and argue that he was just speaking in general terms... albeit directed at Ilhan Omar, but I'd wager far more people are sympathetic to his views on her than they let on.

Lets make this clear; this won't effect anyone who was going to vote for Trump already anyway. IT likely won't effect anyone on the fence on Trump. It will be a nice rallying cry for Democrats to come together - BUT it's for them to come together around the far-left squad, who are still enveloped in the identity politics that everyone else is trying to get away from. He's forcing them to their extreme end as, if the Democrats ostracise Pelosi supporters and any moderate ground they're fucked.

No matter how much people in the UK HATE the Tories, a lot couldn't bring themselves to vote for Corbyn. It could prove the same in the US - No matter how much they hate Trump, they might get very nervous about voting for the Democrats if they get dragged towards their extremes, especially if stunts like this just radicalise the furthest on the left even more.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2019-07-15 at 02:56 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s amusing how much ink people are willing to spill trying to bend themselves over backwards proving that Trump is in fact an evil genius playing 8D chess and we are all dupes.

It couldn’t just be a racist old moron trying to whip up racist sentiment in his racist base in the run up to the election, could it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    So instead of racism it's petty jealous? Not much better to be honest.

Difference is Trump attacked Obama first, so he has reason not to like Trump. What's Trump's excuse? No seriously. What is Trump's excuse for criticizing every little thing about Obama and then doing the same thing or worse? Or just flat out making shit up? What's the reason?
    Obama publicly roasted/humiliated him, I think it was the white house correspondents dinner? That's literally all it takes for Trump to hate someone forever. Trump holds the longest grudges. The BEST grudges!

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    It’s amusing how much ink people are willing to spill trying to bend themselves over backwards proving that Trump is in fact an evil genius playing 8D chess and we are all dupes.

It couldn’t just be a racist old moron trying to whip up racist sentiment in his racist base in the run up to the election, could it.
    It's definitely not 8d chess, but he probably IS playing advanced checkers here. Mueller is testifying next week, Epstein's heating up, Trump's got to start getting everyone in a lather about something stupider - and at the same time, he's got to let out some of his racism.

Although I'm also unclear about anyone trying to argue that he didn't name who he was talking about so it could be anyone. What... wha even is that? Is that how fucking stupid we've made ourselves in order to appease the stupid person in the highchair? He didn't specifically name which one of the only one group that meets his description that exists, so it could be anyone? It's like how I tell my dog he's the worst dog I have, and we all pretend to laugh at the bad joke because he's the only dog I have, but someone is sitting there seriously asking us to consider that I could actually be implying that there are other dogs that he is worse than. Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    It's definitely not 8d chess, but he probably IS playing advanced checkers here. Mueller is testifying next week, Epstein's heating up, Trump's got to start getting everyone in a lather about something stupider ...
    Regarding Epstein - maybe I misunderstand - but are you saying that the Epstein deal is somehow bad for Trump?

There's no chess. It's a one trick pony. Start another fire to distract from the other fire.

Problem is, he loses voters every step of the way. Yes, he has a base and they will still vote no matter what he does. But a Trump base doesn't win an election. You need a lot of other people between left and far right. He's lost millions of those people so far, including many republicans that were iffy on him to start.

He's done absolutely nothing to gain voters since 2016. He's gone out of his way to attack everyone that isn't blindly loyal. That includes most US citizens who weren't with him to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Regarding Epstein - maybe I misunderstand - but are you saying that the Epstein deal is somehow bad for Trump?
    Trump went multiple days with his 28 young girls + Epstein story high up in the news cycle. Even if he's in the clear, it's typical Trump to make sure everyone moves on ASAP. Probably because even if he didn't do anything with Epstein's girls, Trump undoubtedly has some jailbait in his closet given literally everything he's said since the 80s about the women he prefers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Trump went multiple days with his 28 young girls + Epstein story high up in the news cycle. Even if he's in the clear, it's typical Trump to make sure everyone moves on ASAP. Probably because even if he didn't do anything with Epstein's girls, Trump undoubtedly has some jailbait in his closet given literally everything he's said since the 80s about the women he prefers.
    Thanks, that helps. When I heard about Epstein I immediately thought that, first, I already heard the story years ago, and, second, that this is a strike on the "elites" = mostly the Dems. But I guess there's an angle on Trump, too.

Trump bragged about committing sexual assault. He also bragged about walking in on girls (not women) in their dressing room. He praised Epstein on multiple occasions and spent time with him while also being with girls.

Math isn't hard on this one regarding Epstein.

Thanks, that helps. When I heard about Epstein I immediately thought that, first, I already heard the story years ago, and, second, that this is a strike on the "elites" = mostly the Dems. But I guess there's an angle on Trump, too.
    Maybe it's just me but I personally doubt that he'd get up to any kid diddling with Epstein. Trump seems to have a few quirks - he likes status and he likes tits. Kids don't have much of either. But I could see him with a 16 or 17 year old or something pushing the age of consent laws.

https://twitter.com/BryanNehman/stat...67604639981569

Maryland Congressman @RepAndyHarrisMD tells me President Trump's tweets this weekend were "clearly not racist" and that "he could have meant go back to the district they came from--to the neighborhood they came from." Full interview https://www.wbal.com/podcasts/channe...nehman-podcast
    Apparently abject, overt racism isn't a bug of the current Republican party, it's a feature.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...efeat-n1029761

President Donald Trump has told aides and allies that he is considering removing Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross after a stinging Supreme Court defeat on adding a citizenship question to the census, according to multiple people familiar with the conversations.

While Trump has previously expressed frustration with Ross, 81, in particular over failed trade negotiations, Ross' long personal relationship with the president has allowed him to keep his job. And after the departure of Labor Secretary Alex Acosta, the Cabinet’s only Hispanic who resigned Friday amid questions about his role in a controversial 2008 plea agreement with sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, Ross may yet receive another reprieve.

But some White House officials expect Ross to be the next Cabinet secretary to depart, possibly as soon as this summer, according to advisers and officials.
    This administration may be a bit more "acting" sooner rather than later. This is a legitimate crisis when this government has as many, if not more, acting heads of departments than it does Senate confirmed heads.

Under normal circumstances this would be a major scandal. It's just background noise right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post

While at the same time getting to distract against his humiliating loss on the census because they were incapable of lying well enough with a straight face that even the friendliest supreme court couldn't accept their reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I mean, Trump very clearly mentioned they "came from countries", not their bloody districts....
    "Districts are just like countries! They're often counties, which is only one letter away from "countries", so they're basically identical! And the moon is a part of mars!" - Some Republicans, probably.

Are Trumpublicans finally going to admit their party is the party of Racists?
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Are Trumpublicans finally going to admit there party is the party of Racists?
    Of course not. They'd rather make excuses for why this is technically not racist to make themselves feel better, because it's easier than applying critical thinking skills and asking "are we the baddies?"

Of course not, you saw what Trump said. It's those Democratic women that are the real racists!

That kind of honesty would require those particular individuals to not be racists themselves, so that's a nope.

If you want an honest answer from a non-Trumpublican, but much more Rep than Dem, then the accusations of racism and sexism stopped working years ago because they were and remain overused and overexaggerated. I didn't see the specific tweets of Trump which were the reason for the latest accusation, but after seeing like a hundred of such accusations in racism / fascism / being anti-Islamic and anti-feminist and whatever before, I am pretty prepared to see something perhaps dumb, and perhaps kind of possibly able to be coerced by a willing mind to be construed as kind of somewhat maybe I don't know even what to call it anymore - not politically correct. But not much else.

I saw a different thread today where someone - I think it was Endus - posted a link that was meant to illustrate that some other figure was surely, absolutely racist (I'll withhold the name because that's OT for this thread). There was a hell of a lot of text in the proof link, but I stopped reading after the first 4 or 5 screens because all I was seeing purported as prima-facie proof is "he is friends with that other guy / gal who is assuredly racist".
    Last edited by rda; 2019-07-15 at 04:52 PM.

If you want an honest answer from a non-Trumpublican, but much more Rep than Dem, then the accusations of racism and sexism stopped working years ago because they were and remain overused and overexaggerated. I didn't see the tweets of Trump but after seeing like a hundred of such accusations in racism / fascism / being anti-Islamic and anti-feminist and whatever, I am pretty prepared to see something perhaps dumb, and perhaps kind of possibly being coerced by a willing mind to be construed as kind of somewhat maybe I don't know even what to call it anymore - not politically correct. But not much else.
    Look at the tweets. They're abjectly, overtrly racist. He's literally telling women of color, born in America (with one exception, who is a naturalized citizen) to "go back to their countries". Especially given the context of all his other comments (shithole countries etc.) there's no waffling on this - it's racist as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Of course not, you saw what Trump said. It's those Democratic women that are the real racists!
    Just to make a point, claiming that these ladies are "anti-semitic" because of their positions that aren't supportive of the actions of Israel's current and recent governments, that's like claiming you "hate Koreans" because you take issue with North Korea's despotism and human rights abuses.

It's really fucking obvious bullshit, but somehow, Israel gets treated as a special case by these people.