Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    Sub rogue to me.

Just check Pikaboo

https://www.twitch.tv/pikabooirl?tt_...t=live_button-
    Sub Rogue is ruined since Legion redesign, it's a pruned joke.

And Pika doesn't even play Sub anymore he plays Assassin now, which is an even bigger pruned joke. It's like a Frost DK with poisons, very brainless but does big numbers so.

But watch some of Pika's MoP era videos (they're on YouTube) and you will see some incredible plays.

Current state of the game is awful.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    I feel bad for people who still believe you can feel rewarded for your efforts in this game.

The days of being able to actually outplay someone are long gone, creative thinking and clever usage of abilities or items are no longer a part of this game.

All tools deemed unnecessary for basic-level gameplay were removed and all classes share the same concepts of cds, the only way to pvp left is on the road they've paved for you, anyone who has pvp'd properly in this game for longer than 3 expansions will understand what I'm talking about.
    I know what you mean. FeelsBadMan

Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    LOL PVE player talking about class design. Go play some PVP and you'll realize how braindead the classes are now. BTW nice nostalgia argument, it's not like I'm playing on WotLK PVP server right now.

EDIT: I just read your whole post and it is pretty clear you know shit about WotLK. Chain lightning and lava burst were baseline for shamans. You know, before the pruning classes had huge toolkits available at all times, not locked behind spec/talents/PVP talents. And more buttons? I've just counted number of active spells for shaman on WotLK. The number is 55. Can you count it on BFA for me please?
    Yeah I give perfect examples why resto shaman requires more skill now than ever (both pvp and pve) and you go "lol wotlk rsham has 55 buttons hurr durr". Who cares how many buttons they had when 80% of them you pressed once per fight, lol. You are clueless af.

Oh, and btw i just double checked, lava burst was added to resto in 5.0.4, which is MoP. So you either play on some scrub private server, which is pathetic, or don't remember shit yourself and still argue, which is also pathetic.
    Last edited by melzas; 2019-07-15 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah I give perfect examples why resto shaman requires more skill now than ever.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqiU9NfdH-8.

Regarding your statement, I think this vid speaks for itself.

BM hunter. Extremely complex spec but very rewarding dps wise once you fully master it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqiU9NfdH-8.

Regarding your statement, I think this vid speaks for itself.
    You realise passive healing in gw azerite trait was nerfed to the ground in 8.2? Nice bait though

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah I give perfect examples why resto shaman requires more skill now than ever (both pvp and pve) and you go "lol wotlk rsham has 55 buttons hurr durr". Who cares how many buttons they had when 80% of them you pressed once per fight, lol. You are clueless af.

Oh, and btw i just double checked, lava burst was added to resto in 5.0.4, which is MoP. So you either play on some scrub private server, which is pathetic, or don't remember shit yourself and still argue, which is also pathetic.
    Perfect examples - completely ignores whole totem management with "put down at the start of fight that had debuffs it could dispel' and " put down at the start of fight that had fear mechanic". You are so perfect... And you mentioned number of buttons first, so stop being butthurt when it backfires.

And stop embarrassing yourself with the lava burst. Literally google "wotlk shaman spells" or check wotlk shaman talents. It was baseline. So you either lie, which is pathetic, or you're too dumb to understand that there was no official resto spec in wotlk, there were only shamans with resto talents, which is also pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Bolsheviks were amazing too.
    There is nothing fascist about antifa, you do not know the meaning of the word.
    100 milion dead people, so amazing.

I feel bad for people who still believe you can feel rewarded for your efforts in this game.
    I feel bad for people who think there is no feeling of reward for outplay and clutch gameplay on the highest rating in arena.
    What a weird thing to say. Like saying you cant feel reward after beating someone in a competition or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    I feel bad for people who think there is no feeling of reward for outplay and clutch gameplay on the highest rating in arena.
    What a weird thing to say. Like saying you cant feel reward after beating someone in a competition or something like that.
    You obviously can feel rewarded for winning but the margin for outplaying and clutch gameplay pale in comparison to earlier versions of this game, though I can already tell from your response that you do not feel that is the case.

It is always the case with players who never pvp'd much in the past and only found some modicum of success in the more recent expansions, their drive to defend their newly achieved title is closely tied to their pride regardless of the state of the game, which I assume is probably the reason why you cannot understand my point.

As I've been on the very highest of gameplay since the arena's inception and seen how every change affected pvp in every expansion, I often feel sorry for those who missed the golden days of pvp, for those days are long gone, ask anyone who has played through them as I have and they will tell you the same.

I can also tell you would love nothing more than to argue about this forever to try and prove your point, which I've already anticipated but I fear I no longer have the patience to deal with players who are too near-sighted to see beyond the carrot dangling in front of them.

Which is why I often refrain from posting on these forums anymore, but I do wish you a good day sir and hope that one day you will finally get to see how pathetic this game has become.

You obviously can feel rewarded for winning but the margin for outplaying and clutch gameplay pale in comparison to earlier versions of this game, though I can already tell from your response that you do not feel that is the case.

It is always the case with players who never pvp'd much in the past and only found some modicum of success in the more recent expansions, their drive to defend their newly achieved title is closely tied to their pride regardless of the state of the game, which I assume is probably the reason why you cannot understand my point.

As I've been on the very highest of gameplay since the arena's inception and seen how every change affected pvp in every expansion, I often feel sorry for those who missed the golden days of pvp, for those days are long gone, ask anyone who has played through them as I have and they will tell you the same.

I can also tell you would love nothing more than to argue about this forever to try and prove your point, which I've already anticipated but I fear I no longer have the patience to deal with players who are too near-sighted to see beyond the carrot dangling in front of them.

Which is why I often refrain from posting on these forums anymore, but I do wish you a good day sir and hope that one day you will finally get to see how pathetic this game has become.
    You dont even need me in the discussion it seems. You are answering all your claims for me while making up new statments that I havent even stated.
    What a conveniant way to go about your life. You literally have NO idea what my pvp history is but as you yourself stated "I can already tell" that it wouldnt matter.

Good luck with that my dude

You dont even need me in the discussion it seems. You are answering all your claims for me while making up new statments that I havent even stated.
    What a conveniant way to go about your life. You literally have NO idea what my pvp history is but as you yourself stated "I can already tell" that it wouldnt matter.

Good luck with that my dude
    I'm just saving us both some time.

I can't explain to you why pvp is shit the same way a movie critic cannot explain to an regular non-critic viewer why a movie is bad, the viewer cannot see past the limited plot and cliché scenes and that is why they cannot understand the critic's point of view.

So if you enjoy the current state of pvp, good for you friend, at least some people are getting some fun out of this game, whatever's left of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret paladin has pretty strong utility that's very fun to use, so if you enjoy a hybrid style of playing you should check that out

I'm just saving us both some time.

I can't explain to you why pvp is shit the same way a movie critic cannot explain to an regular non-critic viewer why a movie is bad, the viewer cannot see past the limited plot and cliché scenes and that is why they cannot understand the critic's point of view.

So if you enjoy the current state of pvp, good for you friend, at least some people are getting some fun out of this game, whatever's left of it.
    Again.. you are putting words in my mouth. I havent even discussed if i like pvp atm or not. You are jumping to conclusions based on statements you assume apply to me. There is no room for discussion with you. Why are you even on a discussion forum? You should have a blog with your opinions with the comments deactivated.

Again.. you are putting words in my mouth. I havent even discussed if i like pvp atm or not. You are jumping to conclusions based on statements you assume apply to me. There is no room for discussion with you. Why are you even on a discussion forum? You should have a blog with your opinions with the comments deactivated.
    There's no need to play coy.

There's no need to play coy.
    I was just fascinated by your ability to kill the elements of discussion completely but for the sake of being on a discussion forum I will adress your claims.

Current WoW PVP is actually, in my opinion, not fun and interesting and as a season 1 2 and 3 gladiator (from early seasons) I actually agree with some of your points.

The fact that you assumed I was a newcomer that loves current pvp was one of many wrongful assumptions.

But.. the fact remains that there is still a possibility to feel reward for being skillful in wow pvp.
    Sure.. not on the same level as earlier seasons but that wasnt really the question from OP.

Subtlety Rogue was always the most rewarding, for me anyways.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

I was just fascinated by your ability to kill the elements of discussion completely but for the sake of being on a discussion forum I will adress your claims.

Current WoW PVP is actually, in my opinion, not fun and interesting and as a season 1 2 and 3 gladiator (from early seasons) I actually agree with some of your points.

The fact that you assumed I was a newcomer that loves current pvp was one of many wrongful assumptions.

But.. the fact remains that there is still a possibility to feel reward for being skillful in wow pvp.
    Sure.. not on the same level as earlier seasons but that wasnt really the question from OP.
    Then I'm perplexed by your original statement , it seemed to suggest that you were against my point being that the game is in a terrible state pvp wise.

I'm not sure how much reward you can derive from winning arenas these days. Most of the gameplay is so scripted , especially at higher ratings that the gameplay becomes incredibly boring, how can someone feel rewarded after fighting an opponent the exact same way for the thousandth time, the same applies to the opponent tbh.

You either follow the script or lose, which makes the highest end of the ladder all about dodging unfavorable match-ups and sniping the top teams, the teams that you beat are already the teams you were aiming to face in the first place, winning match-ups that you already know the outcome of before the gates open is rarely something that will yield much towards feeling rewarded for a victory. Maybe 1 in 100 matches you'll get to have a good fight that yields some sense of excitement but the rest is just ... grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Sub Rogue is ruined since Legion redesign, it's a pruned joke.

And Pika doesn't even play Sub anymore he plays Assassin now, which is an even bigger pruned joke. It's like a Frost DK with poisons, very brainless but does big numbers so.

But watch some of Pika's MoP era videos (they're on YouTube) and you will see some incredible plays.

Current state of the game is awful.
    Pika rushed top rank in 3v3 with assa, and that's a thing.
    But he still plays sub, and he is good.

However, I do agree that MoP sub was way better, but still he does some nice plays with the actual sub too ( even if it is underpower ).

Finally. the OP is playing a dh.
    And everything is harder than a havoc DH

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    When played correctly, healing feels more rewarding than DPS
    This for sure, although I still love DPS, being a good healer is worth a lot

resto druid i guess
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow