Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Vertigo12's WILD THEORIES ep 5: Sargeras was aiming for an Old God....

YOGG SARON AND CTHUN ARE STILL ALIVE: that’s right people, they are. Still imprisoned in their respective prisons. If you don’t remember, in Legion and early BfA we ran into both of them again! Maybe not C’thun exactly, but definitely Yogg. In Legion we get a quest with Magni to explore Ulduar because of some disturbances again. Turns out YOGG SARON IS STILL ACTIVE IN THERE! Confirmed by Magni himself. Also if you’ve been living under a rock, you might’ve missed the giant sword going into silithus exposing the powerful azerite just waiting for SOMEONE to soak it up. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
    Or Sargeras was trying to stab C'thun because he knows every intel about the OG, we just screwed up his perfect aim and bulleye target C'thun when we zapped him back to his bleachers. Stabbing him was his last ditch effort.

He was entirely present the whole time we started playing Vanilla WoW and even before that as seen on the in-game map.

The same cosmic cloud seen from SotP

After the defeat of Argus:

He knew about the old gods first hand before other Pantheon did.

He has an idea about several targets of the void lords thanks to the Nathrezim, which would be our next episode so watch out!

He was trying to ressurect Argus who allegedly was a dead titan because he is a titan of death! Fel, Death and lastly no titan for shadows yet...should this be Azeroth or perhaps Elune?
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-07-16 at 04:58 PM.

They aren't, and he wasn't aiming for an old God. His goal was to kill Azeroth. That's kind of his shtick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Or Sargeras was trying to stab C'thun because he knows every intel about the OG, we just screwed up his perfect aim and bulleye target C'thun when we zapped him back to his bleachers. Stabbing him was his last ditch effort.

He was entirely present the whole time we started playing Vanilla WoW and even before that as seen on the in-game map.

He knew about the old gods first hand before other Pantheon did.

He has an idea about several targets of the void lords thanks to the Nathrezim, which would be our next episode so watch out!

He was trying to ressurect Argus who allegedly was a dead titan because he is a titan of death! Fel, Death and lastly no titan for shadows yet...should this be Azeroth or perhaps Elune?
    The old god s are dead, except for N'Zoth. And Sargaras was absolutely aiming for the World Soul of Azeroth. She is Sargaras's greatest threat as she is supposed to be the strongest Titan ever.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    Assuming her heart chamber is in Silithus he was aiming for her. Now if it is there it makes where C’thun set up shop very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    The old god s are dead, except for N'Zoth. And Sargaras was absolutely aiming for the World Soul of Azeroth. She is Sargaras's greatest threat as she is supposed to be the strongest Titan ever.
    The Old Gods are definitely not dead. And if he just wanted Azeroth dead I'm not sure why he spent the entire Antorus raid wafting around her backside in his cosmic fart cloud. The stabbing did feel like a last ditch effort, but it does make you wonder what he was trying to do before he got tractor beamed.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    The Old Gods are definitely not dead. And if he just wanted Azeroth dead I'm not sure why he spent the entire Antorus raid wafting around her backside in his cosmic fart cloud. The stabbing did feel like a last ditch effort, but it does make you wonder what he was trying to do before he got tractor beamed.
    they are 100% dead.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Assuming her heart chamber is in Silithus he was aiming for her. Now if it is there it makes where C’thun set up shop very interesting.
    He aimed for Silithus because there's nothing there players would miss =)

Imagine if the Legion was actually the misunderstood anti-heroes of the game.

WC3 was all a misunderstanding. Archimonde was actually trying to save the universe all this time, he was ridding the Old-God that was hiding in the World Tree. He already got rid of the missing 5th Old God that was hiding in Dalaran. Those pesky mortals just got in his way!

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    they are 100% dead.
    There's Twilight cultists in Silithus hearing whispers. We went to Ulduar in an HoA quest and saw Old God minions active. The mantid have a new queen and are clearly swarming again. This implies that C'thun and Yogg are still alive in some way, and Y'shaarj was literally pulled out of the planet with just its heart left and still managed to influence Pandaria. Blizzard has confirmed that what we've killed has just been avatars, little pimples sticking out of the actual Old God face.

They are not in any way dead.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

they are 100% dead.
    "They don't live, they don't die, they're outside the cycle".

There's Twilight cultists in Silithus hearing whispers.
    So? You could hear Y'shaarj whisper, and he has been confirmed dead for over ten millenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    No they aren't. What we killed wasn't them, Just manifestations of their presence. You even fight new minions of Yogg in Ulduar during a Class Hall quest I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So? You could hear Y'shaarj whisper, and he has been confirmed dead for over ten millenia.
    He wasn't. His heart was still under the well in Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Varleen View Post
    "They don't live, they don't die, they're outside the cycle".
    quote from an old god minion. so can no be taken seriously. also blizzard has stated they are dead.

- - - Updated - - -

There's Twilight cultists in Silithus hearing whispers. We went to Ulduar in an HoA quest and saw Old God minions active. The mantid have a new queen and are clearly swarming again. This implies that C'thun and Yogg are still alive in some way, and Y'shaarj was literally pulled out of the planet with just its heart left and still managed to influence Pandaria. Blizzard has confirmed that what we've killed has just been avatars, little pimples sticking out of the actual Old God face.

whispers dont mean jack shit. the dead can mess with the living. this has always been the case.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has flip flopped on whether the Old Gods are dead permanently for ages now, the last official word we had was they were all dead except for N'Zoth. But it's just as likely they'll change their minds again when they feel it suits them to make another/reuse an old antagonist. The whole "______ was just a setback" all over again.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

The Aqir may have been created by the Old Gods but there's no kill switch in them that says if the Old God dies, it's minions fall over dead. The Mantid are proof of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    He wasn't. His heart was still under the well in Pandaria.
    There, yes. Well, not at all. That was hazardous waste containment, not imprisonment. It also wasn't under the well, Garrosh had to move it quite a bit to drop it in.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    They aren't, and he wasn't aiming for an old God. His goal was to kill Azeroth. That's kind of his shtick.
    and after thousands of years of trying, he happens to show up and get stopped before he can cleave the planet in two? I mean I get that the Universe is a big place but surely a Titan can navigate it quicker than that

10+ Year Old Account
    quote from an old god minion. so can no be taken seriously
    Not only are the whispers usually true they’re generally even directly on the nose.

“The king of diamonds has been made a pawn”

Gee who could that be, perhaps Gallywix? He has lots of money so mayb— “lmao mangi is our pawn, the king of diamonds, get it? Cause he’s a king and also diamond”

Gee how would we have ever have guessed, these whispers are so misleading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    and after thousands of years of trying, he happens to show up and get stopped before he can cleave the planet in two? I mean I get that the Universe is a big place but surely a Titan can navigate it quicker than that
    It would take too long and since summoning demons onto the planet is easier and such... it wastes less time. As in traveling the universe takes several years.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

they are 100% dead.
    The devs themselves have even said they're not dead. That we only fought extensions of their true forms.