Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They just need to keep give incentives to do content. I never do bgs but because of the essence I had to farm them and I actually ended up enjoying it. It’s so nice to have some goals that you can actually slowly work toward. I’m so tired of everything being based on RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Except you don't. Having the right piece is more important than gem. And baseline piece is usually still more powerful than mythic 445.
    Are the base stats random? I know that tertiary bonuses such as gem slots or speed are random. And some are saying the flavor effects are random too.

So either you're pulling the slot machine for secondary perfect roll, or you're fishing for perfect tertiary ans flavor bonus.

While not mandatory, if you're playing the optimization game(which is what most players interested in performance do), there's still that element of RNG in what should otherwise be a deterministic system.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm certainly being kept busy trying to get the pearl RNG lottery to gimme my crit boots with a socket. Roughly 400 pearls spent sofar, got socketed and indestructable versions of every single pair of boots except the crit ones. GG.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Are the base stats random? I know that tertiary bonuses such as gem slots or speed are random. And some are saying the flavor effects are random too.

So either you're pulling the slot machine for secondary perfect roll, or you're fishing for perfect tertiary ans flavor bonus.

While not mandatory, if you're playing the optimization game(which is what most players interested in performance do), there's still that element of RNG in what should otherwise be a deterministic system.
    No, secondary stats are always the same. Rng is just getting right piece - special effect is what makes them powerful.
    And gem but honestly, gem is nowhere near as powerful as special effect.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Except you don't. Having the right piece is more important than gem. And baseline piece is usually still more powerful than mythic 445.
    Wrong.

While it is true that there are pieces that can be comparable as 445 items ( boots, belt and maybe gloves ), having a socket will drastically improve the efficiency of your piece, even in a non raid scenario.

2 days ago I have seen a warrior with all benthic gear 425, best items with sockets. The difference was huge.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    It all depends - every content patch has the same amount of content if you consider repeating the EXACT same content over and over and over and over again to be "content"

If you produce 2 hours of new content, but lock rewards behind a necessity to repeat that content 10+ times, have you produced 2 hours of content, or 20 hours? because based on the OP, they think its 20 hours of content. Is not, its 2.

Blizzard have got better and better at hiding the repetition - to the point where people honestly confuse 2 hours of content with 20 hours.
    The entirety of game design revolves around mitigating the feeling of repetitiveness. Every video game is at its core a small pool or repetitive basic actions. The only difference is how they distract you from that fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not, i feel no incentive to do mindless boring content.

I was doing the dailies everyday until i got tired of them. I didn't even reach half of honored and the only reason i was doing them was for flying.

Says a lot when you're unwilling to go through this hassle for the prized flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    And a bunch of weirdos who can't take criticism about their favorite game. I'm pretty sure there should be a middle ground.

Also, nice clickbait title OP. If you don't wan't a flame war, use more subtle titles next time. Just a friendly suggestion.
    Irony that you call them weirdos then call the op out for baiting >..>

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I hit exalted with Unshackled yesterday, Mechagon today and got the mount from levelling that fish Goblin girl to 20 and the toy from leveling the Ankoan... Shaman? Just one more to level to get the last reward. Plus one of the two 250 Manapearl mounts.

That and once I get my Ankoan rep up on my Alliance toon (15k/21k right now) and buy the last Manapearl Mount I’m just about done.

All that’s left after that are those annoying fucking rares with the ridiculous spawn time making it impossible to alt army my way through their loot table.

Content quantity wise it’s not too bad, but goddamn is it dull. I feel nothing for the characters or factions we’re helping as their story wasn’t really explored. I think Lor’themar and Jaina teaming up is the stupidest thing ever, I hate camping for rares, the new dungeon is pointless because the loot is crappy 415 stuff and I’m dreading grinding out those meta achievements for the mounts. Oh and pricing the mount with currency used for gearing is shitty and gimps collectors like me.

Sub expires in 8 days. Not coming back until Classic.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-07-16 at 08:50 AM.

A good patch for a bad expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I'm certainly being kept busy trying to get the pearl RNG lottery to gimme my crit boots with a socket. Roughly 400 pearls spent sofar, got socketed and indestructable versions of every single pair of boots except the crit ones. GG.
    Only Chonar rolls gear until he gets socket AND indestructible

Isnt the purpose of a game to have fun? Not to keep u busy.
    Mechagon and Nazjator are both total failure for me no fun at all. Only 1 new Dungeon which is good but not enough.

I wish there was a poll option so I could vote no. Just because a game keeps you busy with mindless easy zombie mode stuff doesn't mean its actually fun or good.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Since 8.2 launched i havent stopped for a second.
    There is just so many things to do and to farm.
    I'll argue this is the best patch we have ever seen in WoW history in terms of keeping us busy. Do you agree?

My example (so you dont say im lying):
    - Did Nazjatar every single day and farmed 500 pearls so far and unlocked the rank 3 essense of Lucid Dreams.
    - Farmed the 100 000 Honor achieve for the rank 4 pvp essenses.
    - Did some rated arenas with randoms to farm 1000 rating for rank 2 PvP essense

I didnt even had time to do my mythic+ key...and is almost reset day in europe.
    I pretty much had to ignore Mechagon reputation because it would be too much for me.
    So im completely ignoring one entire zone...and i still have so many things to do everyday...essenses to farm.

In terms of "keeping us busy"...is this the best patch we've ever seen?
    Keeping you busy with meaningless grinding. If you enjoy it, enjoy. If you want fun, play another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    Wrong.

While it is true that there are pieces that can be comparable as 445 items ( boots, belt and maybe gloves ), having a socket will drastically improve the efficiency of your piece, even in a non raid scenario.

2 days ago I have seen a warrior with all benthic gear 425, best items with sockets. The difference was huge.
    Wrong. Socket gives you around 100-150 dps. Effect itself gives you 600-800dps.

B]I'll argue this is the best patch we have ever seen in WoW history in terms of keeping us busy. Do you agree?[/B]
    If you like repetitive tasks that must be completed every day or you fall behind your mythic raid team, then yea sure this is the best patch ever. If you like actual content, than no, this isn't the best patch ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you recall being busier in another patch?
    You keep posting this...why on earth is being "busy" the metric for a good patch.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

No, this isn't the best patch ever. Boring, repetitive and annoying maybe....definately not even close to the best. Sound like yo need to go out into the world

the patch is absolutely great if you have a life and take it slow.
    i've logged around 3-4 times per week since the 1st of july and i'm behind with rep / heart of azeroth level / haven't done mythic+ / haven't ever entered mechagon / haven't done eternal palace. got around 2k 2v2 and did the heroic warfront and some nazjatar stuff. unlocked a few essences.

whenever i log in i know that i have a lot to do and that makes me stay subbed and know that if i catch some time off work / friends, I can log in and have a lot to do. so that means the patch is successful.

if you take it seriously like a real grind where you MUST HAVE FLYING RIGHT AWAY then the patch will kill you. this is because classes are not fun to play in this expansion so having to play a lot (particularly for the 'same' content) will slowly tear your soul to pieces.

what i'm a bit annoyed about is the lack of solo-player content like the mage tower. biggest opportunity waste from blizzard, i hope they introduce it in 8.3.

to conclude: the best possible suggestion I can give you is stop taking this game as your main time-investment and play other games, go to the gym or something. if you love the game so much that you feel like you must rush it....then that's partially your own choice. you're burning yourself out.
    i also don't understand this 'i'm unsubbed' attitude as if you're actually saving actual money or trying to show that you have a point on the internet. the game is not cheap compared to other games due to the sub, but the monthly cost is justifiable. 13€ per month is nothing, just stop smoking or buy one less drink or don't go to mcdonalds for once. it's very affordable unless you're homeless.

{small disclaimer: i've raided in top 20 guilds as healing officer and have been above 3k rating in 3v3 with many glad mounts etc. that took a lot of time and commitment; i had a lot of fun then but i was younger and with less responsibilities. but you can stil have fun today if you just stop taking it so damn seriously}.
    Last edited by Odrareg; 2019-07-16 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    And a bunch of weirdos who can't take criticism about their favorite game. I'm pretty sure there should be a middle ground.

Also, nice clickbait title OP. If you don't wan't a flame war, use more subtle titles next time. Just a friendly suggestion.
    You mean the kind of "Game is fucking shit and I hate everything and everyone" kind of criticism? That's what it mostly is.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Hateboners? Getting upset? Are you maybe projecting a little bit?

It just struck me as a strange thread.
    Whats strange is that you decided to deride people who like the game and then got offended when called out. It's easy to see. Right there when you went for the "projecting" argument. It is indeed sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro