Thread: about new zones

about new zones

what's the purpose of mechagon? I see people farming rares all day but all they drop is bolts and scraps. What exactly is so special about this? All the gear u get is from mythic+ and raids, why mechagon such a "hot" zone? Same with nazj, aside from benthic armor, no point to be there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Loot, achievements, cosmetics.
    Not to mention you need the rep for flying.

bolts and scraps.
    with which you can craft stuff.

Same with nazj, aside from benthic armor, no point to be there.
    loot, achievements, cosmetics + professions.

and again, rep for flying.

Not to forget, both zones give you essences and their upgrades.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-07-16 at 10:30 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Pets, mounts, mogs, achievements.. If you are focused purely on gear, nothing for you there except essences from vendor locked behind rep.

What's that dungeon tho? Does it drop gear?

Not to sound rude, but why don't you check it yourself? There's like a huge wowhead guide for 8.2 where they explain everything you need to know

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    haha, of course not!
    Since when have dungeons ever dropped gear?

Such a silly question. /s

Of course it drops gear, have you ever opened the dungeon journal?

Formerly known as Arafal

Every dungeon drops gear.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

what's the purpose of mechagon? I see people farming rares all day but all they drop is bolts and scraps. What exactly is so special about this? All the gear u get is from mythic+ and raids, why mechagon such a "hot" zone? Same with nazj, aside from benthic armor, no point to be there.
    so this is going to be very long-winded and I apologize but I'm using voice to text. So the reason why everyone's farming Mecca is because the rares drop mounts they drop pets they drop some as far as I can tell allow you to craft for 10 trinkets there's also really cool-looking transmogs to get such as a chainsaw sword and the rep is also required for flying

Naz is kind of similar and the fact that there are plenty of collectibles and that the rat is needed for flight however you mentioned benthic gear and that is very important because that gear in the new raid will be when fully upgraded even without a socket it can be in a lot of cases stronger than titanforged mythic raid gear so you're going to have everyone going around killing rares hoping for both cosmetic items and pearls in order to make their characters as strong as possible in order to make the raid as easy as possible

The point is to give some repeteable outdoors world content to do.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Mostly rep farming initially. Then farming for rare drops.

In another month, you will see the zones only moderately populated (sparsely populated in a couple of months). It takes that long for most people to figure out they were on a treadmill the whole time going nowhere...

15+ Year Old Account
    People say "the world is dead".
    Then Mechagon and Nazjatar strikes back.
    even without WM on, it's so alive... Rares die so fast

And finally I caught Yellow junkhopper. That bastard didnt want to show almost for a week. I met him and accidentally killed.
    Thanks to Odin, the next one appeared the next day.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

You can craft 420 rings and trinkets there, if gear progression is your only reason for playing WoW.

Sounds like a terrible game to me but you do you.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    You can craft 420 rings and trinkets there, if gear progression is your only reason for playing WoW.

Sounds like a terrible game to me but you do you.
    Seems like many people only play the game as a gearing up simulator tbh. See that often.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO