Thread: Low dps

Low dps

After playing retri am trying balance but even though I think am sure my rotation is good am doing very low dps. Tried using raidbots but still same issue compared to other druids with lower gear than me

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...mscale/zamanta

Define low? Show us some logs? Also you have an agility trinket equiped?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not enough information to really figure out the problem, but some general advice:

You need Streaking Stars
    Replace your weapon
    Replace your agility trinket
    More haste

The basic of all caster dps:
    1) know the ability timeline of each fight
    2) move less
    3) always try to cast something if u have to move

For boomkin learn to pool AP so you can SS when u need to move.
    Cast as much SS in your incarn, cast as much SS for the entire fight.
    Compare your own log with others to see what you’re missing so u know how to improve.

Google balance Druid guide there are tons of guide made and written in details.

The above picture is a great guide. As long as you're just standing there hitting a target dummy and only use 5 buttons to play wow.

Quote Originally Posted by parasight View Post
    The above picture is a great guide. As long as you're just standing there hitting a target dummy and only use 5 buttons to play wow.
    Except it's not wrong

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Except it's not wrong
    It's in fact frighteningly accurate.

The details like pooling power for impending movement and not overcapping on empowerment charges are basically the only thing that's missing.

And stuff like timing cooldowns around boss mechanics and/or Bloodlust use is a basic strategy for any DPS class anyway.

If you're not doing anything egregiously wrong, then very often it just comes down to gear. People have this obsession with ilvl values, but the spread between optimized stats, extra sockets, and trinkets at the same ilvl is GIGANTIC. Not to mention, as was already said, that Balance is one of THE most trait-sensitive specs in the game. You absolutely positively totally and completely need those x3 Streaking Stars.

7+ Year Old Account
    - Get 3 traits of Streaking Stars

- Get 1 trait of Arcanic Pulsar
    - - Sometimes Streaking Stars x2 and Arcanic Pulsar x2 is okay at lower levels of gear

- Get a good amount of Haste

- Don't talent into Starlord, go for Incarnation: Chosen of Elune

- Keep Sunfire + Moonfire up at all times, re-apply those at like 3 - 5 seconds left (not sure what the Pandemic effect window is)

- During your bursting phase (when Incarnation is up) make sure you are not casting same spells twice in a row, and cast as many Starsurges as possible
    - - Something like: Lunar Strike -> Solar Wrath -> Starsurge -> Lunar Strike -> Solar Wrath -> Starsurge

- Every 8 Starsurge casts will give you a burst window of Incarnation for 6 seconds, and if you pop your actual spell Incarnation first and THEN proc Arcanic Pulsar it will add an additional 6 seconds

Also it's worth to mention certain talents benefit you more on certain encounters. You definitely want to keep a stack of Tome of Clear Mind on you at all times during raids.
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2019-07-13 at 11:34 AM.

Does anyone here know what are the actual stat weights for boomkin?
    My dps is fine, in fact really high ranking 95th and up but every source claims different things and simcraft/raidbot has crit and mastery WAY ahead of haste.
    Is there really a point where you can have too much haste?
    Are there any actual in-depth guides out there?

Quote Originally Posted by kek280 View Post
    Does anyone here know what are the actual stat weights for boomkin?
    My dps is fine, in fact really high ranking 95th and up but every source claims different things and simcraft/raidbot has crit and mastery WAY ahead of haste.
    Is there really a point where you can have too much haste?
    Are there any actual in-depth guides out there?
    the problem is that the statweight assumes that your ideal stats are more like a number of percentages.
    "if you divide your stats, X% should be haste, Y% should be mastery, and so on.

if your character has 5000 stat points across haste, crit, mastery and versa and the ideal distribution assumes 60/25/25/10, that would mean:

3000 haste
    1250 crit
    1250 mastery
    500 versa

the further you stray from that distribution, the more your statweight will favor the one you are missing.

i don't know how high the current average stat point total is, neither do i know the ideal balance druid distribution, so this is just an example.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWhoIsMany View Post
    - Get 3 traits of Streaking Stars

- Get 1 trait of Arcanic Pulsar
    - - Sometimes Streaking Stars x2 and Arcanic Pulsar x2 is okay at lower levels of gear

- Get a good amount of Haste

- Don't talent into Starlord, go for Incarnation: Chosen of Elune

- Keep Sunfire + Moonfire up at all times, re-apply those at like 3 - 5 seconds left (not sure what the Pandemic effect window is)

- During your bursting phase (when Incarnation is up) make sure you are not casting same spells twice in a row, and cast as many Starsurges as possible
    - - Something like: Lunar Strike -> Solar Wrath -> Starsurge -> Lunar Strike -> Solar Wrath -> Starsurge

- Every 8 Starsurge casts will give you a burst window of Incarnation for 6 seconds, and if you pop your actual spell Incarnation first and THEN proc Arcanic Pulsar it will add an additional 6 seconds

Also it's worth to mention certain talents benefit you more on certain encounters. You definitely want to keep a stack of Tome of Clear Mind on you at all times during raids.
    Starlord is the way to go in raids. Incarnation is better in M+. With starlord you get way more haste which means more starsurges which means you get stacks of arcanic pulsar faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    the problem is that the statweight assumes that your ideal stats are more like a number of percentages.
    "if you divide your stats, X% should be haste, Y% should be mastery, and so on.

if your character has 5000 stat points across haste, crit, mastery and versa and the ideal distribution assumes 60/25/25/10, that would mean:

3000 haste
    1250 crit
    1250 mastery
    500 versa

the further you stray from that distribution, the more your statweight will favor the one you are missing.

i don't know how high the current average stat point total is, neither do i know the ideal balance druid distribution, so this is just an example.
    Yeah but right now my crit is already higher than my haste which is only at 1350 and raidbots still telling me crit is miles ahead of haste

Is SS a higher prio than spending Empowerments? If I'm at max stacks would you spend 1 first then SS?

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Is SS a higher prio than spending Empowerments? If I'm at max stacks would you spend 1 first then SS?
    Not overcapping AP is higher priority than not overcapping Empowerment. If you're not going to cap AP, spend Empowerments before overcapping them.

Also, pooling AP for movements segments and/or certain boss mechanics can be highly beneficial. But again, don't overcap.

Perfect, makes sense thanks!