Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    8.2 is a great patch and it is the one with the most content but 5.2 is the best patch in general
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I don't understand how. It's just more world quests. At the end of the day, you're still killing a bunch of mobs or collective a few shells. We've been doing this since vanilla, and it's really starting to get old. Is this all WoW can muster?

At least 7.2 had the mage tower, which provided a real challenge, tangible rewards, and something to work for. Now it's just ugly re-skinned mounts, gear for gear's sake (benthic), and WQ.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    No, most of the content is boring. The only interesting part is new mythic plus season.
    What is interesting about doing the same dungeon and farming the same gear with slight difference in 10+ affix for almost a year now? Last season I farmed m+ on 5 characters, even did FoS Keystone Master (which kind of pisses me off, because now it is condition for rank 4 essence and I won't do it again), but thats it, I can't imagine doing it for 2 years straight or however will BfA last.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ehh. Naz is really boring already and im only like 13k rep into revered in mechagon because i stopped doing the dailies because theyre awful. Raid is alright and m+ is still a shrug. Hopefully the 8.3 zone is a decent combo of the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Huh... What are you doing exactly? My neck is 56 without even going out of my way to grind for it.
    Hmm I was capped at 50 when 8.2 launched and did everything on Naz and Mechagnome since then and all emissary chests, all island caps, dozen of M+ and been doing all WQ with azerite that are easy (1 rare) since I got flying 8 days ago. I just got to 55 yesterday to be ready for actual Season 3 launch on wednesday (EU here).

There will be people arguing about 'too much' to do, but this is the sort of patch i love on WoW.

Only half-way through unlocking every essence, haven't even started mythic raiding, only did 2-3 mythic+ and expect to push loads and most importantly, haven't paid any attention to any of my alts, whereas before i'd maintain -A LOT- of them.

Loving it.

Bonus point, Operation Mechagon and Eternal Palace gave me amazing first impressions, can't wait for deathless hard mode and mythic raiding.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The art and music has taken a massive nosedive in BfA.
    Lel

i'm glad you enjoy the new patch but it doesn't really open a discussion

either you enjoy it, or you don't

i dont think it's the best patch ever. for me it was probably when Isle of Quel'Danas opened

but it's still a nice patch with plenty of things to do
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

I would say no. Only because legendaries in Legion kept us busy for the entire expac, not just a patch. But this is a good patch, just wish the essences were more, class-based, and not generic like they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Lel
    Thank you for this, I love this music. Makes you feel like you're out exploring in an old school JRPG. I think it was very well done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still haven't touched 8.2 content, I was asked to reroll, so I figure might as well level another character from scratch.

So currently I have a 115 priest, I am quite excited to get to 120 and see nazjatar.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yep, since MoP (and MoP included), this is the best patch that blizz ever made imo.
    I wish people would stop saying MoP was so great. Objectively, MoP was a disaster. People were leaving WoW in droves during MoP. It was CLEARLY what the playerbase didn't want. People tend to forget the sub losses during MoP because WoD was so much worse.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

oh shit a lot of repetitive boring content.. insane

I am just burned out on all the class flip flops/redesign every xpack...I do not like what they continue to do and I dislike the BFA versions of classes. I stopped right before the patch, added one more of sub, logged in and just could not stomach it, have not logged in since. I am hopeful they will come back in the next Xpack, do a good job, but if they continue the constant redesign every xpack of classes, that will be my last.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    There isn't too much content, there is too much repetition.
    These 2 reps were FAR FAR easier than the 2 we had to do on Argus, Im not complaining.

Errr no. WoW is dead. Long live Final Fantasy XIV the new king of online games. WoW is a tablet bound game for China now. Nothing can change that. We all loved it. But it's over. Like many great things it was betrayed by its own makers who let greed get the best of them. We can only hope for a miracle in 9.0 that will turn the tables and make the game an actual game again. But with Activision running the show how much hope can we muster?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The special effect only works in eternal palace or Nazjatar. Whereas a socket in each slot will work everywhere. This is especially important for M+
    Im well aware of that

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Even if that's true, you're still re-rolling until you get the "perfect" bonus combined with a socket for best results.
    I just don't. Waste of pearls if you ask me. Base one is already BiS (for me 3 pieces because boots doesn't boost pets).

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Since 8.2 launched i havent stopped for a second.
    There is just so many things to do and to farm.
    I'll argue this is the best patch we have ever seen in WoW history in terms of keeping us busy. Do you agree?
    I think this patch is pretty decent, but I'm baffled about why you want to put it in terms of "keeping us busy". My purpose playing a videogame is to have fun, not be be busy. For me this patch is just a regular major content patch; it's not bad, but it's not the best either. I'm not a fan of beguiling affix and I find Mechagon zone pretty boring, which I only did to be able to fly. Essences are fine, Manapearls are fine, the raid and new dungeon are also fine.

The problem is the patch is just repetition. Blizzard has really done a very good job making the game an addicting slot machine. Really need to get back to closed realms and a mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I don't understand how. It's just more world quests. At the end of the day, you're still killing a bunch of mobs or collective a few shells. We've been doing this since vanilla, and it's really starting to get old. Is this all WoW can muster?

At least 7.2 had the mage tower, which provided a real challenge, tangible rewards, and something to work for. Now it's just ugly re-skinned mounts, gear for gear's sake (benthic), and WQ.
    We didn't have minigames as WQ. Thats what bought me. Could do ley/rune locked chests all day long. And no, tortolan shell minigame wasn't interesting, nor caligraphy.

Mage tower was indeed fun however it was all that I liked from that patch. Nothing else was interesting for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Every day I try to do all the azerite world quests, plus all the naz and mecha ones for rep. On top of raiding with 2 guilds per week, pugging here and there, doing M+, etc. Been hard to keep up so far.
    I don't and I have no problems keeping up. Haven't done a single WQ past half a year except for nazjatar/mechagon ones.
    You see, neck is not as powerful as artifact was, you really don't have to farm AP like crazy to be competetive. Doing 3xM island a week is more than enough.